Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-13-2010, 02:05 PM   #2101
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
DAMN IT MEL YOU BEAT ME TO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grrrrrr...i was SO on that one too lol

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2010, 02:06 PM   #2102
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection

i wonder theyre taking it *things that make you go hmmmmm* (oh wow...OLD SCHOOL!!!)

and its good to know that the car is at least drivable...theres wear and tear on the rotors if you look closely...im still curious what motor they crammed in there for the concept...prolly just a VQ under the hood given its built on the FM platform

Old 01-13-2010, 03:37 PM   #2103
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub9lulu View Post
wtf is that 4 door sedan.... called RX-7 ??
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 03:45 PM   #2104
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_style View Post
wtf is that 4 door sedan.... called RX-7 ??
It's just a test mule.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:59 PM   #2105
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

heh...the test mule for the toyobaru was a cut in half subaru legacy lol

Old 01-13-2010, 04:04 PM   #2106
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Trader Rating: (0)
kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I love the test mule for the Prowler. Shit was super strange looking.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:15 AM   #2107
RB24_S14
Zilvia Junkie

RB24_S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wth that looks like an ugly mess.. Nissan always brings nice cars I dought this will hit the showrooms...
Old 01-14-2010, 10:20 AM   #2108
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB24_S14 View Post
Wth that looks like an ugly mess.. Nissan always brings nice cars I dought this will hit the showrooms...
Really? Are you serious?

You should go back and this thread.

That concept is from 2006. Of course it's not coming to showrooms.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:03 PM   #2109
thrax
Leaky Injector

thrax is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
I read this yesterday but it didn't hit me about a SX engine. This is good news indeed. I can see it being de-tuned to 250hp to put more space between the Z and SX.

Let the rumor-mill begin!
have people also considered the possibility that a Renault engine might find its way into a "future replacement"?
There is a new 2.0L Turbo 250HP engine for this new Renault coupe that could be on the table when they consider engine possibilities...

Renault Megane RS (2010) with pictures and wallpapers

note: the engine info from this renault model
thrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 12:19 PM   #2110
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
If this thing ever comes out it can easily be an MR, HR, QR, or a VQ. They're all engines being used by both Renault and Nissan. So yes the possibility has been considered.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:13 PM   #2111
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrax View Post
have people also considered the possibility that a Renault engine might find its way into a "future replacement"?
There is a new 2.0L Turbo 250HP engine for this new Renault coupe that could be on the table when they consider engine possibilities...

Renault Megane RS (2010) with pictures and wallpapers

note: the engine info from this renault model
The MR motor has been brought up before in this thread.

I still think Nissan should use it in the next Sentra SE-R.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:01 AM   #2112
Pactin
Leaky Injector

Pactin is an unknown quantity at this point
Let's stray from Nissan for a bit with some more solid info:

Quote:
On display at the Toyota stand at this year's Tokyo Auto Salon will be the Toyota FT-86 G's Sports, which boasts an even sharper exterior and a world-first "GPS-track day" unit co-developed with the creators of the Gran Turismo franchise and automotive technology giant Denso.
Scoop: G’s Turbocharged FT86 - Toyota FT-86 Forums & Subaru 086a / 216a Forums | Toyobaru.net Forums

Looks pretty sexy to me (minus the wing). I can really see the body lines of the legendary AE86 chassis in this model.
Pactin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:34 AM   #2113
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
Baby GT-R. Heck, it has better proportions imo, although the GT-R has the trademark quad taillights which are rad.
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 08:51 PM   #2114
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
so in response to that gran turismo video, i see it as when toyota caters back to fanboys, Baby GTR styling, and drifting in a video game for promotion.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:19 AM   #2115
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Man is this thing FT-86 hot. I love this car to death. It's so exactly what I want out of a new RWD sport compact. Nissan will really really have to impress me to steer me away from this car.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:45 AM   #2116
s13poop
Post Whore!

s13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to s13poop
so i'm guessing this thing will be availible when my suby lease is up dec 2010??
s13poop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 12:02 PM   #2117
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13poop View Post
so i'm guessing this thing will be availible when my suby lease is up dec 2010??
I don't think so. The rumors are saying a 2011 release as a 2012 model.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:28 PM   #2118
s13poop
Post Whore!

s13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfection
fail..

looks like i have to settle for something else i can't go on that long without a car

no ft-86 or silvia for me
Old 01-19-2010, 12:53 PM   #2119
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13poop View Post
fail..

looks like i have to settle for something else i can't go on that long without a car

no ft-86 or silvia for me
Not like there is a silvia anyways. Why not get a Genesis, they are pretty nice.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:44 PM   #2120
s13poop
Post Whore!

^ i guess i had high hopes like all others from nissan

but i think i'll own something toyota or nissan before a hyundai don't get me wrong the genesis is nice but i stay loyal to the companies that got me into rwd 4-cyl cars

if things don't work out by dec 2010 i'm crossing over to BMW or Infiniti
Old 01-23-2010, 11:35 AM   #2121
RB24_S14
Zilvia Junkie

RB24_S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
NISSAN REVIVE THE S-CHASSIS!! I think it would be awsome if they had a 4cyl Turbo and a 6cyl Turbo option for the S16. I would def pick the 6cy T!. No more need to swap out engines! It would be cool if their new engines were similar to the RB-series. Emissions really messes up Nissan.
Old 01-23-2010, 06:37 PM   #2122
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Why on god's green earth should they revive a long dead chassis and put engines in it that were out dated 10 years ago?
Old 01-23-2010, 09:20 PM   #2123
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
Why on god's green earth should they revive a long dead chassis and put engines in it that were out dated 10 years ago?

He's talking about a car that follows the s-chassis nomenclature. For example, the 350Z chassis code is Z32, the 370Z is Z34, the current GT-R is R35.

So it would be fitting to see a small RWD Nissan coupe with a chassis code "S16".

Now as for the engines he mentioned...a turbo I-4 is possible, but a turbo V6 is NOT going to happen.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:48 PM   #2124
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Actually its CBA-R35 and GT-BNR34.
Old 01-24-2010, 12:26 PM   #2125
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post

lol...i was just thinking the same thing

Old 02-09-2010, 02:17 PM   #2126
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

It's official, No Supra, but the FT86 IS Coming to America!

Toyota FT-86 coming to USA, Confirmed by Digg Dialogg: Jim Lentz President Toyota US - Toyota FT-86 Forums & Subaru 086a / 216a Forums | Toyobaru.net Forums

Old 02-09-2010, 04:03 PM   #2127
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
you get what I mean

I should have said "last three characters in chassis code"
Old 02-09-2010, 06:27 PM   #2128
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
so in response to that gran turismo video, i see it as when toyota caters back to fanboys, Baby GTR styling, and drifting in a video game for promotion.
yeah, fuck 86 name this thing is a toyota baby gtr.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:41 PM   #2129
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

bout goddamn time some GOOD news about toyota comes to light...im sick of hearing about people finding shit wrong with their cars over the last 3 weeks...every other fricken post on ANY of the blog sites i visit about insider auto news (outside of 7tune) is "toyotas shit is breaking blah blah blah blah BLAH"

Old 03-26-2010, 07:23 AM   #2130
BriinumsBo

BriinumsBo is an unknown quantity at this point
weird it hasnt been posted here?
Toyota FT-86 presented in Geneva Motor show 2010
No production version, same concept model. still it looks good

VIDEO: Toyota FT86 : En direct du salon de Genève 2010

Last edited by BriinumsBo; 12-06-2010 at 01:37 AM..
BriinumsBo is offline   Reply With Quote