Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 03-26-2010, 07:24 AM   #2131
BriinumsBo

Trader Rating: (0)
BriinumsBo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Toyota announced the FT-86 for early 2012. I think the car will be released by the end of 2011, if people stop bitchin about the gas pedal on Prius..

some official sketch:

Full press release for FT-86 during Geneva Motor Show 2010, official pics & videos

Last edited by BriinumsBo; 12-06-2010 at 01:37 AM..
BriinumsBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2010, 08:48 AM   #2132
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
We've been talking about that car for almost a year in this thread.

I think most of us went over to Toyobaru to discuss it further so it hasn't been brought on here for a bit.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:46 AM   #2133
PRADOgy
Zilvia FREAK!

PRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfection
Which ever car comes with this Direct injected 1600 cc rotary engine

MAZDA:16X | The Rotary Engine
Old 04-14-2010, 11:09 AM   #2134
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Do not care if this is a totally independent photoshop made by someone at home and that it will never happen, I still wish it would look like this.
This would sell, I know its just someones PS, but this by far to me looks the best of anything suggested so far, and definitely looks like the next step in the progression from the S15.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:18 AM   #2135
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
oi...brought back from the dead for no reason

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:40 AM   #2136
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
That picture should be against the rules. We have all seen it and if people READ THE THREAD they would know it has been discussed to death.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:41 AM   #2137
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Haha sorry to have gotten your hopes up for an update. :/
Old 04-14-2010, 06:10 PM   #2138
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
So the bump of this thread is not fail.....

The prototype for the "M" edition 1 series has been spotted.

More info: Spy Shots and Video: BMW M1/1 Series M laps the 'Ring — Autoblog

This car is obviously out of our league, but it is a RWD coupe ...the Ferrari 599xx!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeAXqFoW3jQ

Pics: http://www.autoblog.com/photos/ferra...-park/#2887375
Old 04-14-2010, 07:54 PM   #2139
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Holy fender flare Batman.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:19 PM   #2140
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
yeah but seriously...who has the money for an M series BMW on this forum? lol

Old 04-14-2010, 09:23 PM   #2141
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Seriously though, I'm not interested in a $45k+ 1 series. A 135 is $40+. That car just doesn't interest me. I'd rather have a Gen V6 Coupe.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:14 PM   #2142
upsdude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
upsdude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
time to start saving up for the new 'yota
upsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:36 PM   #2143
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

I really like the 1 series but that looks odd and unbalanced.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:14 AM   #2144
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

That's just a test mule though. Those aren't stock fenders. I don't even think the fenders will be that shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by filiperuvian View Post
time to start saving up for the new 'yota
This.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:08 PM   #2145
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
yeah but seriously...who has the money for an M series BMW on this forum? lol

The title doesn't mention "affordable" lol

Besides, someone on this forum can pick one up in 5 years.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:15 PM   #2146
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

thought you guys might get a kick out of this if you havent seen it already...

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/320686-240s...speak-out.html

please repost this on any forums that you post on for people to see

Old 05-09-2010, 09:37 PM   #2147
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
135 is closer to 36k.
I don't think it's unreasonably priced given many of the competitors are similarly priced.
IIRC, it's also the only forced induction rwd car that makes around 300hp.
The closest fi rwd car in price range & peformance is the 2.0 genesis & 335.

It only becomes a rip-off when you throw on a shitload of options.
(if thats the case, you only have yourself to blame).

If I were to get some new rwd car today, it would be either 370z Sport or a '11 Mustang GT.
I'd prefer getting a larger displacement NA car for a change.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:52 PM   #2148
sephiroth99
Leaky Injector

sephiroth99 is on a distinguished road
some rumors from Road and Track

Toyota would be planning a sub-$20k RWD car with a small 1.5 liter 109hp engine, to fill the gap left by the $20k+ FT-86

Toyota Working On a Baby FT-86

If the chassis and handling are good, I could see that as a fun, economical little car. Could be used daily and occasionally on the track.
sephiroth99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:04 PM   #2149
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Jesus Christ... 109hp?! Even stock 1.6L 1st gen Miata's would be faster than that...
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:29 PM   #2150
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

How on earth would a modern 1.5 only make 109hp?
Old 05-10-2010, 11:39 PM   #2151
sephiroth99
Leaky Injector

sephiroth99 is on a distinguished road
I thought it could be the Yaris' engine (1,5L 110hp) but that's the 1NZ-FE, and the article states it would be the 3SZ-VE. Anyway, it is low on hp, hoping the weight will be low enough to compensate.
sephiroth99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:41 PM   #2152
PRADOgy
Zilvia FREAK!

PRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfection
If that 1.5 is true. Im all about that shit!

rwd small displacement and cheap price. Theres going to be a lot of support for this IMO
Old 05-11-2010, 12:02 AM   #2153
DenkiMan!
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
DenkiMan! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
it better beast on mpg lol
DenkiMan! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 12:08 AM   #2154
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
yeah it's likely a fuel miser, prob to ease in CAFE requirements.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:13 AM   #2155
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADOgy View Post
If that 1.5 is true. Im all about that shit!

rwd small displacement and cheap price. Theres going to be a lot of support for this IMO
I dunno, man... I can't really imagine this car weighing less than an S-Chassis. Only having 109hp on tap is gonna suck balls. Imagine how much boost you're gonna have to throw at it just to break 200whp? And torque is gonna be ass...

I think it might be a decent seller for ppl worried about gas mileage and whatnot but it ain't gonna be a hot car for the aftermarket, IMO. Like a non-turbo Subaru Impreza. Who would dump money into a regular Impreza when it'll never really match the performance of a WRX or STI models?

Maybe when they get dirt cheap, it might be a good swap candidate depending the weight difference between the different models...
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 12:25 AM   #2156
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

FI 1.5 might have potential
(Cooper S turbo isn't so terrible, for instance)
NA 1.5, forget about it.

Then again not everyone gives a rat's ass about performance.
Business is business (not that it's a bad thing).
You can't expect manufacturers to revolve primarly around enthusiasts.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:29 AM   #2157
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

A 1.5 would make a killer base model as far as CAFE regulations go.

Add a 2.0 mid range and a VQ25VHRT for the top and we are good to go.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:44 AM   #2158
BriinumsBo

BriinumsBo is an unknown quantity at this point
its rumors. period.

even the slowest of Lotus Elise has 120hp, but its at 800-900kg weight. arghhh, dont even want to think about it anymore. its rumors & bullsh!t, dont bother.

Last edited by BriinumsBo; 12-06-2010 at 01:39 AM..
BriinumsBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 01:06 AM   #2159
DenkiMan!
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
DenkiMan! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
I dunno, man... I can't really imagine this car weighing less than an S-Chassis. Only having 109hp on tap is gonna suck balls. Imagine how much boost you're gonna have to throw at it just to break 200whp? And torque is gonna be ass...
sounds like the symptoms of an AE to me lol...
DenkiMan! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 02:54 PM   #2160
thrax
Leaky Injector

thrax is an unknown quantity at this point
Honda to make rear-mid engine FT competitor?

Honda Planning Toyota FR-S/FT-86 Competitor, Combining S2000 and Beat | AutoGuide.com News
thrax is offline   Reply With Quote