Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 06-23-2010, 06:29 PM   #2161
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'll believe that when I see it.There's a better chance Nissan will make an SX first. And the odds of that right now are nil.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:37 PM   #2162
udon!
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
udon! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrax View Post
hopefully it has triple digit torque
udon! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:42 PM   #2163
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Trader Rating: (0)
kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'd rather have no S2000 than that monstrosity.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:55 PM   #2164
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
That picture is of an old ass Beat. They were just showing it as an example. But if Honda/Acuras designs as of late are any indication on what this thing is going to look like I'd rather drive...anything.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:15 PM   #2165
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
so... its a mr-s with more power?
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:18 PM   #2166
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
I'll believe that when I see it.There's a better chance Nissan will make an SX first. And the odds of that right now are nil.
If Honda did make this car, it would probably force Nissan to get off their ass (finally) and put something out. I do agree on believing it when seeing.

After being jerked around by Nissan I am very skeptical about this rumor.

Sidenote: After going to enjuku and seeing what you can buy for the Genesis that 2.0T is looking better and better each day.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:26 PM   #2167
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
i think what nissan has to do is.... gradually slow down the z34 production to limited and then introduce the new s.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:56 PM   #2168
Homer_Simpson
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Homer_Simpson is on the path to ruinHomer_Simpson is on the path to ruinHomer_Simpson is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
I'd rather have no S2000 than that monstrosity.
Quote:
That picture is of an old ass Beat. They were just showing it as an example. But if Honda/Acuras designs as of late are any indication on what this thing is going to look like I'd rather drive...anything.
I agreed, threw up a little looking at the picture. Honda is heading the way of appliances with wheels so I'm not keeping my hope up.
Homer_Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:20 AM   #2169
sephiroth99
Leaky Injector

sephiroth99 is on a distinguished road
bump from the dead with another rumor, this time from autocar.co.uk (unfortunately they cite no sources)

Nissan 'to relaunch 200SX' - Autocar.co.uk

They say Nissan wants the 200sx back, but according to Autocar, Nissan doesn't have a suitable platform right now
sephiroth99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:34 AM   #2170
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
If the article is to be believed then it sounds like the urge concept is out.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:49 AM   #2171
naibaf
Leaky Injector

naibaf is an unknown quantity at this point
Something new about the RX9.

Next-Gen Mazda RX-9 To Get Electric Turbo? - MotorAuthority

Damn rumors.
naibaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 11:02 AM   #2172
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
wow...for once some good news to hear!!!

especially after i just picked up my new 92 S13 yesterday...w00t!!!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 02:20 PM   #2173
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

One inaccuracy with that article is the picture. Mazda announced they are moving past that design language. I've said this to people for a long time but it just doesn't translate well to production cars.

Other then that...sounds good.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:28 AM   #2174
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
good news on the Toyota FT86 front...

News Scoop – FT-86 is on time : 7Tune.com

Old 07-26-2010, 02:08 AM   #2175
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
good news on the Toyota FT86 front...

News Scoop – FT-86 is on time : 7Tune.com
Nov 2011 seems very very soon...

Can't wait to see it..
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:22 AM   #2176
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

All of that is very good news.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:47 AM   #2177
gsr-boost-dc
Leaky Injector

gsr-boost-dc is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice.... That would be dope S16 FTMFW!
gsr-boost-dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:20 AM   #2178
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
s16? lol you're a little lost.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:49 AM   #2179
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

WTF!?

Report: Toyota considering RWD hatch to commemorate Naruse — Autoblog

Toyota plans 'fun' baby coupe - Autocar.co.uk

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!
Old 08-10-2010, 12:09 PM   #2180
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
shiiiiiiiet...i might ...MIIIIIIIGHT...be gettign a toyota soon...lol

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:34 PM   #2181
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

yeah...great idea...but one irritating thing remains

what happend to the idea of giving consumers a good amount of power for a smaller price tag and keeping the cars simple?

everytime i hear new news about the FT86 and now this new hatch...things seem to be getting more and more convoluted with adding extra options and pricing the car out of the market of younger buyers

correct me if im wrong, but i was excited when the whole idea and purpose of the FT86 was to give younger car buyers a fun and awesome to drive car...now from what ive been reading on the web...toyota is doing 3 tiers from 23 grand to 30 grand...and the turbo engine will only be available in the top tier model

come on now toyota...take a cue from hyundai and give enthusiasts what they want...a base model trim with the turbo option and brembos for 23 grand out the door!!

the automotive industry has gotten SOOOOO weird over the last 10 years...anyone agree?

Old 08-10-2010, 02:44 PM   #2182
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
wow...honestly,does your bitching have no end sir?

here you now know of 2 different NEW RWD platforms that are going to be offered...and ur crying about the cost...this isnt a 10-20+ yr old chassis ur buying...its fucking NEW!...

werent the SE s14 98' going for like 26k...so theres a 4k difference in a 12yr period...OMG!...im not tryin to sound like a dick, its just jeebus...

may i add...we've all know a story or two of a young person with a car that has a a good amount HP, and hardly anyof them end with a happy finale for the car...or the driver..or the insurance rates for said person...

Old 08-10-2010, 02:56 PM   #2183
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:

what happend to the idea of giving consumers a good amount of power for a smaller price tag and keeping the cars simple?

everytime i hear new news about the FT86 and now this new hatch...things seem to be getting more and more convoluted with adding extra options and pricing the car out of the market of younger buyers

correct me if im wrong, but i was excited when the whole idea and purpose of the FT86 was to give younger car buyers a fun and awesome to drive car...now from what ive been reading on the web...toyota is doing 3 tiers from 23 grand to 30 grand...and the turbo engine will only be available in the top tier model

come on now toyota...take a cue from hyundai and give enthusiasts what they want...a base model trim with the turbo option and brembos for 23 grand out the door!!

the automotive industry has gotten SOOOOO weird over the last 10 years...anyone agree?
May I direct you to this post?

Best Car "Toyota FT-86 Will Cost 29k, No Wait $16K" - Toyota FT-86 / FR-S Forum and Subaru 216a Forum | Toyobaru.net Forums
Old 08-10-2010, 03:28 PM   #2184
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

to quote someone in that forum

Quote:
This is fantastic news! 16k = 20k for the one you will actually want, or 22-25k'ish for the one with more balls (hopefully). All in all, this is a great thing.
lol...

Old 08-10-2010, 03:33 PM   #2185
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Just the fact that there are rumors of these (obviously coming from leaked information from within Toyota) two RWD cars from Toyota they are winning me over.

HINT HINT NISSAN!

To quote Andy Dufresne's letter to Red in Shawshank Redemption:

Quote:
Remember Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies
Even having something to hope for from Nissan would be nice. Right now, I have none. But Toyota is giving it to me.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:50 PM   #2186
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:

I think the auto industry has improved tremendously over the past 10 years.
Ppl love to lament about the old days, but was it really so great?
FD's & Supras weren't exactly cheap, regardless of inflation adjustments.
An oem 240sx in the US back in the day wasn't exactly something you'd brag about.
When I was looking for a new car in 1998 for the 20k range, the coolest thing out there was the Integra Type-R & The mustang gt/camaro v8.

Speaking for myself, I'm very happy with the choices in the past 10 yrs.
I've purchased a 06 Sti, 08 evo, 08 civic si.
I'd love to pick up a used IS 300 for $10k & use that as a daily right now.
You guys are just taking things for granted imo.

A year or two ago ppl were complaining there's no fun rwd cars for cheap.
Hyundai, Ford, (and to some degree) Chevy delivers.
Still it's not good enough for Zilvia members.
When the FT-86 arrives, I'd wager it's going to be no different.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:44 PM   #2187
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
I think the auto industry has improved tremendously over the past 10 years.
Ppl love to lament about the old days, but was it really so great?
FD's & Supras weren't exactly cheap, regardless of inflation adjustments.
An oem 240sx in the US back in the day wasn't exactly something you'd brag about.
When I was looking for a new car in 1998 for the 20k range, the coolest thing out there was the Integra Type-R & The mustang gt/camaro v8.

Speaking for myself, I'm very happy with the choices in the past 10 yrs.
I've purchased a 06 Sti, 08 evo, 08 civic si.
I'd love to pick up a used IS 300 for $10k & use that as a daily right now.
You guys are just taking things for granted imo.

A year or two ago ppl were complaining there's no fun rwd cars for cheap.
Hyundai, Ford, (and to some degree) Chevy delivers.
Still it's not good enough for Zilvia members.
When the FT-86 arrives, I'd wager it's going to be no different.
I agree with everything you said except for the last two lines.

I'm only complaining because I'd prefer to buy a Nissan if I had a choice, and they haven't bothered to even remotely show they were serious about entering a segment that is definitely heating up.

But I totally agree with you about cars being better now, at least on the FRW/AWD front. As far as RWD the only car that on my radar is the Gen Coupe. Muscle cars just aren't for me.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:02 PM   #2188
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
I agree with everything you said except for the last two lines.

I'm only complaining because I'd prefer to buy a Nissan if I had a choice, and they haven't bothered to even remotely show they were serious about entering a segment that is definitely heating up.

But I totally agree with you about cars being better now, at least on the FRW/AWD front. As far as RWD the only car that on my radar is the Gen Coupe. Muscle cars just aren't for me.
I think you have a valid point to complain about Nissan.
Hope I didn't give you the impression I was directing my frustration against you.

Nissan should NOT give ppl false hope with all their smoke & mirrors about coming up with new 240sx, when they've not followed-up (if ever).
Also totally understandable that you'd like to stay within a very reasonable budget.
It's no wonder ppl feel let down.

On the other hand, there are a lot of those who complain for the sake of complaining.
"Oh, it's too heavy",
"Oh, it's still a Hyundai/Ford,"
"Oh, the interior looks cheap", etc, etc.
You give them pretty much 99% if what they want,
but still it's not good enough.
It's almost as if the rant is about getting attention from the internet, or personal justification of not wanting to get a new car for whatever reason.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:14 PM   #2189
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALAZ_68 View Post
wow...honestly,does your bitching have no end sir?

here you now know of 2 different NEW RWD platforms that are going to be offered...and ur crying about the cost...this isnt a 10-20+ yr old chassis ur buying...its fucking NEW!...

werent the SE s14 98' going for like 26k...so theres a 4k difference in a 12yr period...OMG!...im not tryin to sound like a dick, its just jeebus...

may i add...we've all know a story or two of a young person with a car that has a a good amount HP, and hardly anyof them end with a happy finale for the car...or the driver..or the insurance rates for said person...
dont get me wrong...im all excited for the new FT86 and its little hatchback sister...it will be great to have such options on the market...i guess im just annoyed because toyota cant make up its durn'd mind about what it wants to do anymore...when things become more and more complex, they become more and more difficult (and usually expensive)...now that the theyve priced the FT86 out of the "entry market" range, they are filling it with yet ANOTHER model...from a business stand point that can actually hurt sales instead of drive them...GM experienced this...but well see how it plays out...personally i loved a little RWD hatchback (renault clio sport V6 anyone)

ill be super stoked if toyota takes cues from hyundai and does a "track" package where you get all of the stuff that makes the car fun and none of the fluff with the FT86

and a fully loaded 1998 S14 was $24,449...funny thing about that...looking at the fuel ratings of a "brand new" S14 kouki...it beats out a bunch of the current range of 4 cyl cars on the market now lol (it was rated 22 city and 28 hwy)

Old 08-10-2010, 11:22 PM   #2190
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
I am so down for a miata right now. lol

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote