Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-09-2015, 12:52 PM   #2191
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
^ white people
lol!

Ded.
Old 01-09-2015, 01:15 PM   #2192
sil80takashi
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
sil80takashi is making a name for him/her selfsil80takashi is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280VertDET View Post

Hoonigan Sticker | Check
MCM Sticker | Check
Something Dumb with the steering wheel | Check
Dumb DIY Paint | Check
More Hastags than brain cells | Check
Rachet40Gang Approval | Check
lol

When and how did this influx of stupid hipster wannabe's join the S chassis band wagon,
and why did he get those weird convex wheels, he even went through the trouble to go 5 lug
he should've kept the old school 4 lug Volks, it's out dated, but at least they're real
sil80takashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 01:40 PM   #2193
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
Fuck it. I'm going to go buy a Pathfinder or some shit and get into hiking
I bought a Forester for my wife and I love it. I just started a build thread (I don't know why) but I've been thinking of selling the car I JUST BOUGHT, selling the Forester, and getting a fully-loaded XV Crosstek in that cool tan color...and get into hiking/camping more.

Quote:
Nagano Koubou? Isnt that the test from Star Trek II - The Wrath of Khan?

NERD! Even though I'm sure you know what he's referencing, here's a picture:

Old 01-09-2015, 02:11 PM   #2194
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Love that front end.

Camping is for Lesbians.
Old 01-09-2015, 02:14 PM   #2195
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Everytime I hear "Rose Bud"

Old 01-09-2015, 03:03 PM   #2196
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
NERD! Even though I'm sure you know what he's referencing, here's a picture:
^ nah man, thats a z31 with a 91-94 front bumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
Camping is for Lesbians.
Quote:
selling the Forester, and getting a fully-loaded XV Crosstek in that cool tan color...and get into hiking/camping more.
^ definitely gay. :-)
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 03:29 PM   #2197
yomisiu
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
yomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
http://spacecoast.craigslist.org/cto/4800581083.html

yomisiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 03:51 PM   #2198
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
^ Location: Spacecoast, FLORIDA

what the FUCK is in the Florida water? christ. ive seen junkyard cars cleaner than that.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 03:55 PM   #2199
Z_Spool
Zilvia FREAK!

Z_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
...Ie fucking Paisa Drift etc...

Seriously though.. they suck.

Also, I had to google "MCM Sticker."
I didn't realize those dudes were hocking merch to these poor impressionable fools as well.
Z_Spool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 04:18 PM   #2200
dac2828

Trader Rating: (0)
dac2828 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Saw this piece of shit on Instagram. All the locals are saying that that's a replica RB kit and that the dude is a fucking lying asshole...
I doubt it's a replica... does anyone know anyone has replicated the newer 6666 rb 180sx kit?

That's crazy he spent $3k on that kit and no wheels... let alone... anything else.
dac2828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 04:47 PM   #2201
dizzariot
Post Whore!

dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
Love that front end.

Camping is for Lesbians.

Quote:
^ nah man, thats a z31 with a 91-94 front bumper

^ definitely gay. :-)

Old 01-09-2015, 06:14 PM   #2202
fatduece
Zilvia Addict

fatduece is an unknown quantity at this point
This guy doesnt need fenders, at least not a FULL fender.

Hoonibro! Check out his safely secured harness.

fatduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 06:30 PM   #2203
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I never thought I'd post in this thread.

Old 01-09-2015, 06:30 PM   #2204
crzsteveo
Zilvia Addict

crzsteveo is an unknown quantity at this point
bruh, because race car.
crzsteveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 07:06 PM   #2205
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by O$mo View Post
This is the biggest problem down here, its like they expect you to drive a POS because if you drift it will just end up as one. Driving a cool looking 240 is far fetched.
^ this. It doesn't even surprise me that people make these comparisons anymore.
Quit trying to justify cheap bullshit.
Being into cars and motorsport is not a cheap hobby. Quit trying to make it one.

Cars aren't cheap like over the counter advil.
Cars aren't cheap like water.
Cars aren't cheap like taco bell.
Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 08:00 PM   #2206
sil80takashi
Zilvia Junkie

sil80takashi is making a name for him/her selfsil80takashi is making a name for him/her self
To stay on topic

Yuk
sil80takashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 08:58 PM   #2207
Rustys14
Zilvia Addict

Rustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatduece View Post

Hoonibro! Check out his safely secured harness.

This picture is Darwinism in full effect. The fact that anyone would EVER think a strut tower bar is an acceptable harness mounting location blows my mind...
Rustys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 03:26 AM   #2208
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
i agree with you guys, cars are an expensive ass hobby for a kid, and even adults.. $500 wheels and $500 coilovers is still a $1k investment, which is still alot of money to just drift into a wall because "aint care, its gonna be a missile "

Its interesting that its mostly the S chassis crowd.. I mean there are other rwd cars out there. Are rx7, mustang, supra, Z guys also getting the "why dont you missile it?" questions? lol

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb...834409659.html
Crazy how no one gave a shit about cressidas when they where still in production, but now they are a desirable car lol
Old 01-10-2015, 09:11 AM   #2209
Rustys14
Zilvia Addict

Rustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post

Its interesting that its mostly the S chassis crowd.. I mean there are other rwd cars out there. Are rx7, mustang, supra, Z guys also getting the "why dont you missile it?" questions? lol
I disagree, its not mostly the S Chassis crowd anymore. Lately I've been seeing way more missiled out E36s and Miatas then anything else at the local events. Sure there are a few ratchet spec cars here and there but the large majority of the S chassis (around here at least) are clean and reasonably well built. Keep in mind that a majority of the kids who come up to you at gas stations or around town and ask the missile question don't even own a S chassis or any rwd car for that matter. The issue has been blown way out of proportion thanks in part to this thread IMHO.
Old 01-10-2015, 10:18 AM   #2210
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustys14 View Post
The issue has been blown way out of proportion thanks in part to this thread IMHO.
Last time I checked the S13 and S14 were out of production. That means that there is a finite number of them in the states and even overseas. A lot of dudes in here are just now getting back into the community. Imagine if you put the S13/S14 thing down while you do your time in college, or maybe a few years to recoup from having a child, or maybe even longer because you bought a house. Even though you don't own an S13/S14 you still look at the FS section and the occasional Craigslist ad. When you see that most of them are being destroyed it bums you out. You can't help but think "Fuck my life when/if I can afford to get back into this community finding a decent chassis is going to be impossible."The finite number is always going down.

Don't tell me, a CA native (not proud), that it's 'blown out of proportion'. I'm in the heart of this 'missile' shit.
Old 01-10-2015, 11:14 AM   #2211
Rustys14
Zilvia Addict

Quote:

Last time I checked the S13 and S14 were out of production. That means that there is a finite number of them in the states and even overseas. A lot of dudes in here are just now getting back into the community. Imagine if you put the S13/S14 thing down while you do your time in college, or maybe a few years to recoup from having a child, or maybe even longer because you bought a house. Even though you don't own an S13/S14 you still look at the FS section and the occasional Craigslist ad. When you see that most of them are being destroyed it bums you out. You can't help but think "Fuck my life when/if I can afford to get back into this community finding a decent chassis is going to be impossible."The finite number is always going down.

Don't tell me, a CA native (not proud), that it's 'blown out of proportion'. I'm in the heart of this 'missile' shit.
I'm not in cali (haven't been for years now) anymore so I can't comment on what its like over there, I'm just saying what I have observed around here. The 240 is really no different then any other popular chassis throughout history, the beat ones will be snatched up and passed around by the lesser enthusiasts until they eventually get scraped while the clean ones will command higher and higher prices that will effectively price out the people who would destroy them. If you keep an eye on the the prices you will already notice this shift happening. Honestly there are many communities that are far worse then the 240 community. Anyone who has ever logged onto a Miata of FRS forum knows what I'm talking about.

Anyway I don't really want to derail this thread. Things like the kid with strut tower mounted harnesses belong in here and need to be ridiculed lol.
Old 01-10-2015, 12:50 PM   #2212
fatduece
Zilvia Addict

Speaking of "finite" numbers, wiki says the total of s-chassis was 251,410. Out of this amount, how many were sold to US&A? and how many have been completely scraped by now?
Old 01-10-2015, 01:10 PM   #2213
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustys14 View Post
Anyone who has ever logged onto a Miata of FRS forum knows what I'm talking about.
I'm just saying not to downplay the issue. I don't give a shit about Miatas or BMWs. Anywho...yes, fuck the FRS community and their community. I'm glad I sold mine.
Old 01-10-2015, 02:12 PM   #2214
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
^ white people
bwahahahahahahaha. oddly, the driver is of African descent
Old 01-10-2015, 02:45 PM   #2215
danshaz
Zilvia Junkie

danshaz is an unknown quantity at this point
danshaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 02:56 PM   #2216
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews

Old 01-11-2015, 12:05 AM   #2217
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 02:53 AM   #2218
dizzariot
Post Whore!

I'm pretty sure someone posted this car but I just looked at the 'build thread'. What in the fuck. Is wrong. With. FLOARDUH.

Old 01-11-2015, 12:42 PM   #2219
danshaz
Zilvia Junkie

danshaz is an unknown quantity at this point

http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/cto/4835683583.html
danshaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 12:45 PM   #2220
fatduece
Zilvia Addict

When are you guys going to STOP responding to these broke kids? They dont want to hear why the real deal is better. They're fukboys who like lame sh!t.

FOR THE LOVE GOD!! HOW DO I EMBED VIMEO VIDEOS!!!!

http://vimeo.com/116484212