Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-19-2008, 01:45 PM   #2221
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Anyone know what this sensor atop my 95 5-speed tranny is and what it does? Did a clutch job this past weekend and it was broken already. Didn't find it on the FSM, guessing it's for Cali emissions.

ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2008, 01:51 PM   #2222
GotDriftS14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
GotDriftS14 has made poor choicesGotDriftS14 has made poor choicesGotDriftS14 has made poor choicesGotDriftS14 has made poor choicesGotDriftS14 has made poor choicesGotDriftS14 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
can anyone identify this creature that's on the window of my M30? he also graced the windows of an elite few 240SXs up here in northern cali.

Old 02-19-2008, 01:59 PM   #2223
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoNegra View Post
Anyone know what this sensor atop my 95 5-speed tranny is and what it does? Did a clutch job this past weekend and it was broken already. Didn't find it on the FSM, guessing it's for Cali emissions.

Crank Position Sensor. Used on OBDII to watch for timing errors (i.e. Misfire). I dunno if the 95 ECU uses it. Throwing a code? They are cheap to replace just a Hall sensor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotDriftS14 View Post
can anyone identify this creature that's on the window of my M30? he also graced the windows of an elite few 240SXs up here in northern cali.

All I see are stickers.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:27 PM   #2224
ManoNegra

ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
Crank Position Sensor. Used on OBDII to watch for timing errors (i.e. Misfire). I dunno if the 95 ECU uses it. Throwing a code? They are cheap to replace just a Hall sensor.
Cool, thanks for the help. Yep, throwing a code. There are a few things wrong with the car - clutch was pretty toast and I also need to replace the distributor. It's going to be a pain to replace the sensor, maybe on the next tranny/motor job.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:02 PM   #2225
skylindrftr
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (26)
skylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotDriftS14 View Post

it's from a halloween simpsons episode that parodies harry potter, the class is told to summon a prince, lisa does and bart's looks like that and is throwing up all over the place constantly...
skylindrftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:10 PM   #2226
GotDriftS14
Zilvia Junkie

GotDriftS14 has made poor choicesGotDriftS14 has made poor choicesGotDriftS14 has made poor choicesGotDriftS14 has made poor choicesGotDriftS14 has made poor choicesGotDriftS14 has made poor choices
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylindrftr View Post
it's from a halloween simpsons episode that parodies harry potter, the class is told to summon a prince, lisa does and bart's looks like that and is throwing up all over the place constantly...

un-official mascot of NorCal 240SX. the other unofficial mascot is a mole.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:17 PM   #2227
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
If you know what it is, then why did you waste a post in this thread?

This is for people with real questions. Not for you to play games.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:52 PM   #2228
GotDriftS14
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
If you know what it is, then why did waste a post in this thread?

This is for people with real questions. Not for you to play games.
geez guy, lighten up.

oops, did i just "waste a post in this thread" again?

seriously though, lighten up.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:54 PM   #2229
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
^ Can you ban this tool bag Barry? Exitspeed? Yuri?
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:23 PM   #2230
GotDriftS14
Zilvia Junkie

OK, i tried to address this in private but let me just say one thing and i will leave this thread...

i made a freaking innocent post, i figured this was the "Identify This" thread (which was started by a good friend of mine, btw), so i wanted to see who could identify that. it was totally light-hearted, i wasnt even being an ass, and then ThatGuy comes at me kinda rude and everybody starts piling on and i get slammed with neg rep!

and now this other dude is calling for me to get banned, haha! uhhh....overreact much? anyway i felt i needed to defend my position a little bit, cuz im getting unfairly attacked. i mean it doesn't really matter anyway, i've been a member here forever, but everyone needs to chill. ok, so now im not gonna clutter up this thread anymore.

also this is "chat" not "tech" so no need to be all nazi about it...
Old 02-19-2008, 04:30 PM   #2231
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
I didn't come at you rude. I didn't say, "Hey Jackass, STFU!". I came at you as a Moderator. It's my job.

Useless posts clutter up otherwise useful Threads. It is part of my job to try and maintain order and organization around here. Now, if you wish to attempt to defend your actions any further, do it in PM. This little fiasco has wasted enough space here.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:22 PM   #2232
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
MrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrFairlady
Random SR Plugs and wire

Ok My Redtop Swap came w/ everything it seems - they even included a Ton of the headlight wiring (Blinker harness and headlight H4 plugs) and the Relay Boxes (1 smashed & 1 halfway decent w/ some missing relays - Obviously not needed)

These are 2 Random Plugs I found tonight trying to Mount my motor on a Engine stand and removing the Trans.
1 is actually coming off the MAF wire and was kind of tucked under the engine the way it was sitting on the pallet:

And this one is over my the Starter that was grouped w/ some of the Transmissin Harness wires (Neutral switch?,etc):

hoping someone can tell me what they are and where they go.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:03 PM   #2233
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
MrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrFairlady
Now i just noticed miy motor set did not have this Bracket pictured:

The ignitor came in a Box along w/ the ECU and MAFS..but I do believe 1 side of the ignitor plug is on there...maybe something to do w/ that...Still dosen't answer the other male plug for Something.

damnit.now I'm getting worried.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:03 PM   #2234
David Steele
Zilvia Member

David Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the rough
I found this car in a junkyard anyone know if this is a factory aero kit ?

David Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 09:07 PM   #2235
thatdrifterguy
Zilvia Junkie

thatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to behold
i need to change my brake pads.
can anyone identify if this is the one that im supposed to turn for the rear?

thanks!!!!
thatdrifterguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 09:08 PM   #2236
Aeroscraper326
Zilvia Addict

Aeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfection
That is definelty factory.
Aeroscraper326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 09:09 PM   #2237
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Steele View Post
I found this car in a junkyard anyone know if this is a factory aero kit ?

IMSA Appearance Package, Dealer Package.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:13 PM   #2238
number80
Leaky Injector

number80 is making his/her stupidity well-knownnumber80 is making his/her stupidity well-knownnumber80 is making his/her stupidity well-knownnumber80 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Anyone knows this kit?

number80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:13 PM   #2239
jspecusa
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (7)
jspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jspecusa
Quote:
Originally Posted by number80 View Post
Anyone knows this kit?

Final konnation knock off front
Msport knock off rear and side.
car belongs to our friend Allen has KA-T with EMS.
we sell this kit if you want a price quote please email us with
your city and state.
thank you,

sam
Old 02-19-2008, 10:29 PM   #2240
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdrifterguy View Post

thanks!!!!

yes you are supposed to turn it to compress it.
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 01:34 AM   #2241
Flybert
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFairlady View Post
Now i just noticed miy motor set did not have this Bracket pictured:

The ignitor came in a Box along w/ the ECU and MAFS..but I do believe 1 side of the ignitor plug is on there...maybe something to do w/ that...Still dosen't answer the other male plug for Something.

damnit.now I'm getting worried.
You don't need that bracket. Only thing you need on it is the ignitor. The two female plugs to hook up to the ignitor are on the harness somewhere.
Flybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 04:00 AM   #2242
jackb77
Leaky Injector

jackb77 is on a distinguished road
what spoiler is this?

jackb77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 06:03 AM   #2243
sliddinsil8o
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
sliddinsil8o will become famous soon enoughsliddinsil8o will become famous soon enoughsliddinsil8o will become famous soon enoughsliddinsil8o will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sliddinsil8o Send a message via Yahoo to sliddinsil8o
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackb77 View Post
what spoiler is this?

an ugly one...
Old 02-21-2008, 10:57 AM   #2244
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

Trader Rating: (4)
S13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliddinsil8o View Post
an ugly one...
DO NOT post in here if you are not going to contribute. This is your warning. Do it again and you will be suspended for a week.

My Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTCSuperstar
I surf Zilvia naked in my home...
S13SilviaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 11:49 AM   #2245
ManoNegra

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdrifterguy View Post

thanks!!!!

You can buy that tool to make your job easier - match the right face against the piston and use a wrench to turn it. I got mine at Sears for ~$10 irrc.
In a pinch I've also used needle nose pliers to turn calipers.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:59 PM   #2246
Aeroscraper326
Zilvia Addict

Aeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfection
Quote:
what spoiler is this?

Pretty damn sure it's a bomex..
Aeroscraper326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 02:27 PM   #2247
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
No. It's made by a Euro company, i think it was actually identified earlier in this thread.

Do some digging.
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 03:05 PM   #2248
MeSs
Zilvia Junkie

MeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura about
Which wingmounts is this?? Which brand, where can i get them? any info?
Old 02-21-2008, 03:26 PM   #2249
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
It's a Behrman wing.

Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 03:29 PM   #2250
SiI40sx
BANNED

SiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SiI40sx
Quote:
what spoiler is this?

this spoiler was identified earlier in this thread, its a new one on my "I love this hatch spoiler" list. A member stated it was made by a company in the UK called "SE Nissan" which he also said probably went out of business long time ago. "SE Nissan" sold it as a "wrx" type spoiler for the s13. UGH!! I fuckin want that one too!!!
SiI40sx is offline   Reply With Quote