Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-17-2011, 06:44 PM   #2221
BJManies
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
BJManies is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13 loverr View Post
this is getting annoying how does everyone hold their power fc over their? I can't think of anything. Mine is just held by a cell phone holder over the heater vent which covers half of the climate control
Dude for real?

Velcro...
BJManies is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2011, 06:47 PM   #2222
SaNTi
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
SaNTi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
this is getting annoying how does everyone hold their power fc over their? I can't think of anything. Mine is just held by a cell phone holder over the heater vent which covers half of the climate control

?
SaNTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 07:00 PM   #2223
EsChassisLove
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
EsChassisLove is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:
LOL for serial?!

You super glue it. Then plastic weld it.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:50 PM   #2224
FusionR240sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
FusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to FusionR240sx
velcro.
msglthgshit

holy crap i just spaced out and wrote that message so late.
WUT?
FusionR240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 08:45 PM   #2225
Jaescrub
Leaky Injector

Jaescrub is an unknown quantity at this point
I used a small high grade Velcro strip and it holds on perfect. Just hurt me a lil putting that on a new oem dash >_<
Jaescrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 09:58 PM   #2226
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
it just pains me to see people slapping the Power FC hand held onto the dash.... it really makes me want to kill Damon Young!

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:07 PM   #2227
HS13KLS
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
HS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 13 reviews

Ill post a better picture later.
HS13KLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:27 PM   #2228
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaescrub View Post
I used a small high grade Velcro strip and it holds on perfect. Just hurt me a lil putting that on a new oem dash >_<
tell me your secrets
Old 04-17-2011, 11:14 PM   #2229
iROCKchucks
Leaky Injector

iROCKchucks is an unknown quantity at this point

Your classic nardi steering wheel looks amazing in s14's, that is the exact same look I want.
iROCKchucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:52 AM   #2230
Toi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Toi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Nothing to look at as my interior is still being put together, but here is a shot of the door panel I did today with Kimono fabric. Sorry for the crappy pic.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Toi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:35 AM   #2231
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
it just pains me to see people slapping the Power FC hand held onto the dash.... it really makes me want to kill Damon Young!
lol

msglngth

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:42 AM   #2232
Gjohnson7
Zilvia Addict

Gjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura about
Interior looks good and it seems you have the same issue I have, with the carpet gap between underneath the console.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iROCKchucks View Post

Your classic nardi steering wheel looks amazing in s14's, that is the exact same look I want.
Although, mine doesn't look as bad in this pic, but it typically looks like yours.

LSX Kouki Project, swap completed in Dec 09
Gjohnson7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:03 PM   #2233
mewantkouki
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (36)
mewantkouki will become famous soon enoughmewantkouki will become famous soon enoughmewantkouki will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
My new office:

Old Car:

mewantkouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:18 PM   #2234
speedfiend
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (68)
speedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 68 reviews
Send a message via AIM to speedfiend
Well after rolling for about 3 years completely gutted, I have finally re-purchased all the oem interior pieces I needed for my kouki. Everything is original kouki se except for of course the steering wheel and other minor doodads. Now I cant wait to drive the damn thing again!!!!!!

speedfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:38 PM   #2235
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Getting ready to do the finishing work on a customers S14 panel. You can check my blog for a decent write-up.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 04-18-2011, 07:40 PM   #2236
wannabdr1ftr
Zilvia Junkie

wannabdr1ftr is an unknown quantity at this point
Your work is outstanding Broadfield
Old 04-18-2011, 07:47 PM   #2237
s14tan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
s14tan has made poor choicess14tan has made poor choicess14tan has made poor choicess14tan has made poor choicess14tan has made poor choicess14tan has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
^^^^ SWEET JESUS!!! How much did that run him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iROCKchucks View Post

WTF is that duct thing there for?
Old 04-18-2011, 07:51 PM   #2238
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
I thought we already cleared that up in this Thread.

It's an aftermarket heater.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:07 PM   #2239
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s14tan View Post
^^^^ SWEET JESUS!!! How much did that run him?
it's DEF not as much as you would think. broadfields prices are VERY affordable. just pm him, you would be surprised. i literally could not be happier with the piece broadfield made for me.
sidewaysil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:13 PM   #2240
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Knowing you're work Toby, I know you did exactly what the customer wanted, but it just seems like it would have looked better to bring the factory frame for the HVAC controls in closer to the sides of the SAFC to make it fit nice. You know?
Old 04-18-2011, 08:47 PM   #2241
silviaguy240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
silviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
wait wait wait wait. why is he still using a SAFC?
Old 04-18-2011, 09:00 PM   #2242
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by holemilk00 View Post
Knowing you're work Toby, I know you did exactly what the customer wanted, but it just seems like it would have looked better to bring the factory frame for the HVAC controls in closer to the sides of the SAFC to make it fit nice. You know?
Trust me, I thought it over and over and over... there is no real good way to make it look correct. No matter how I did it, I wouldn't be 100% happy with the look. I was originally going to flush the entire thing in and level the whole thing out on the face... but then there would be just too much flat real-estate. So I decided to counter sink the S-AFC and the side pieces, yet still blend them in so it becomes one with the OEM piece. The S-AFC is just an ugly piece.

Now if it was mine, and I may check with the owner, I would mold the front face of the S-AFC right into the side pieces. I would remove the front glass and bond/mold that sucker right in there. It would then look like it belonged 100%. Then once the paint was done, simply re-install the front glass and snap the guts and back cover back on. However, this would render the S-AFC useless in any other application... it would be one with the OEM panel.... what do you think Tim?

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 04-18-2011, 09:06 PM   #2243
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Yeah I agree completely about taking it apart to make it look like it belongs, I mean the gauge set up looks OEM, when you're done with the paint process you do that will look ten times better than the S15 3 gauge DIN piece that was factory. Even the profect B looks like a really nice fit and will appear to be factory with paint. Once again, you do great work when it comes to things like this, and its not even finished. haha
Old 04-19-2011, 07:08 AM   #2244
Gjohnson7
Zilvia Addict

Gjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura about
Broadfield, beautiful work! Can't wait to see the finished product.

LSX Kouki Project, swap completed in Dec 09
Gjohnson7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 07:59 AM   #2245
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaguy240 View Post
wait wait wait wait. why is he still using a SAFC?
LOL, i'm on stock injectors and turbo and only upping the boost to 12psi (it's an s15 spec r motor). it's only there to make SMALL (if any) adjustments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
However, this would render the S-AFC useless in any other application... it would be one with the OEM panel.... what do you think Tim?
i'll pm you!
sidewaysil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:39 PM   #2246
towlie
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (11)
towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Mr Broadfield,

I will be contacting you with several gauge mounting idea projects shortly, I am very impressed by your work!

Looking forward to business
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 06:52 PM   #2247
Purestock240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
Purestock240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews

Purestock240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:32 PM   #2248
David48
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
David48 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to David48
^likelikelikelikelikelike
Old 04-19-2011, 08:36 PM   #2249
iHaz Foggys
BANNED

iHaz Foggys is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^ cleeean. what seats are those?
iHaz Foggys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:42 PM   #2250
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHaz Foggys View Post
^^^ cleeean. what seats are those?
Look like 350z/G35 seats to me.