Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-10-2008, 06:14 PM   #2251
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Tire specs?

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2008, 07:20 PM   #2252
J ROK
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
J ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
50mm fenders, 18x10+22 wheels 25mm spacer, 255/40 tires. about -2.7 camber?
front-stock fender 18x10+22 wheels 15mm spacer 235/40 tires. Camber plates maxed. S14 LCA

Old 11-10-2008, 07:27 PM   #2253
YoungGun
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
YoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Clean^^^^
^^^^
YoungGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 10:42 PM   #2254
krisdeezy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (17)
krisdeezy has a brilliant futurekrisdeezy has a brilliant futurekrisdeezy has a brilliant futurekrisdeezy has a brilliant futurekrisdeezy has a brilliant futurekrisdeezy has a brilliant futurekrisdeezy has a brilliant futurekrisdeezy has a brilliant futurekrisdeezy has a brilliant futurekrisdeezy has a brilliant futurekrisdeezy has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to krisdeezy
anyone have flush 16inch work meisters ?
krisdeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:04 PM   #2255
Entry Speed
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Entry Speed is just really niceEntry Speed is just really niceEntry Speed is just really niceEntry Speed is just really niceEntry Speed is just really niceEntry Speed is just really niceEntry Speed is just really niceEntry Speed is just really niceEntry Speed is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
WTF kinda coilovers are those? You should be able to go a lot lower.

SPL parts

The gas station pic was before I lowered the front all the way. I still have my collars so I preloaded the spring in the mean time. (haven't had time to take the coilovers off) The rears although, are completely maxed out. I'm not happy with the height in the rear. So unless I can cut some thread off of it, I'm not sure what to do.

As far as the front goes, I'm on 17's so my front lip is really close to the ground (after the gas station shot). I need to get some photos of how it sits now.

Sizes are:

18x10.5 -6, 17x9.5 -5 (w/8mm slip on spacer for Z32 brakes)
R- 225/40/18 F- 215/40/17
Entry Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:44 AM   #2256
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entry Speed View Post
SPL parts

The gas station pic was before I lowered the front all the way. I still have my collars so I preloaded the spring in the mean time. (haven't had time to take the coilovers off) The rears although, are completely maxed out. I'm not happy with the height in the rear. So unless I can cut some thread off of it, I'm not sure what to do.

As far as the front goes, I'm on 17's so my front lip is really close to the ground (after the gas station shot). I need to get some photos of how it sits now.

Sizes are:

18x10.5 -6, 17x9.5 -5 (w/8mm slip on spacer for Z32 brakes)
R- 225/40/18 F- 215/40/17
Hey, glad to see at least one of us rocking those wheels already lol

Also, glad to know 8mm slip on spacers work. I have 10mm on there and it looks like a tight fitment, but I really would like to get an 8mm over using the 10mm just cause I don't want the front to stick out THAT much.

BTW, in the rear, if you're using SPL Parts/KTS coilovers, you need to droop the springs, not preload them, to get the rear lower.
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:12 AM   #2257
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
KTS coilovers?

i have those and i had to modify them to get them as low as i would have liked. Shorter spring, smaller spacer between the upper spring perch and camber plate, remove both collars...
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:17 PM   #2258
Entry Speed
Leaky Injector

Entry Speed is just really niceEntry Speed is just really niceEntry Speed is just really niceEntry Speed is just really niceEntry Speed is just really niceEntry Speed is just really niceEntry Speed is just really niceEntry Speed is just really niceEntry Speed is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayuaddict View Post
KTS coilovers?

i have those and i had to modify them to get them as low as i would have liked. Shorter spring, smaller spacer between the upper spring perch and camber plate, remove both collars...

Yea, I thought about going with a shorter spring as well. I just haven't had the money or the time. Do you daily your car? cuz ive seen pics and your car is low as shit too.

The roads here in Miami are whack as fuck, and the car hits everything
I can't wait to see what happens when I get some aero
Entry Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 01:41 AM   #2259
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
fortunately i only had to daily it like that for about 8 months.

but now its even lower.

haha.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:19 PM   #2260
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Yuta, you have to tell me about this black magic. What spacer are you talking about?

Also, I heard that you can take off the camber plates and mount them upside down on top of the strut tower, and then mount the shock to them like that through the strut tower hole, which is like an instant 3cm or so body drop.

Although I looked and on S13's you'd have to run washers under the camber plate since they have the raised circle on top the strut tower, and you wouldn't be able to have your negative camber maxed out.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:42 AM   #2261
Zilvia FREAK!

status:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to status:one
As most of you know I sold the s14 back in August.... i picked up a 350z. After waiting forever for my wheels to arrive... i figured I'd jump back on here and post some pics of my Z.

old car:

new project begins:
Next is aero!

19x9.5 +4
19x10.5 -2
225/35/19
245/35/19

Old 11-13-2008, 02:57 AM   #2262
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Yuta, you have to tell me about this black magic. What spacer are you talking about?

Also, I heard that you can take off the camber plates and mount them upside down on top of the strut tower, and then mount the shock to them like that through the strut tower hole, which is like an instant 3cm or so body drop.

Although I looked and on S13's you'd have to run washers under the camber plate since they have the raised circle on top the strut tower, and you wouldn't be able to have your negative camber maxed out.
when you take your coilovers apart, there is literally a little cylindrical spacer between the camber plate/pillow ball and the upper spring perch.

this is with the previously stated setup. without a motor in the car.

gotta lower the rear yea yea
Old 11-13-2008, 03:08 AM   #2263
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
when you take your coilovers apart, there is literally a little cylindrical spacer between the camber plate/pillow ball and the upper spring perch.
You're almost tucking 17's.
Jeez, I'm jealous.
I'll have to look at my coilovers tomorrow. Is it ok to just remove the spacer completely? Haha.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:37 AM   #2264
240trainee
Post Whore!

240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to 240trainee
Shit, going hardcore with that shit.

I'd never even thought about it.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
240trainee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:47 AM   #2265
SoSideways
Post Whore!

SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Yeah that collar is almost half an inch thick depending on the coilovers.

Anyway... this is wheel fitment whore thread, not "lowness" thread...

More pics/specs of wheel fitment please.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:50 AM   #2266
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
are you talking about the perch the spring sits on? only my rear has a small spacer around the pillow ball.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:54 AM   #2267
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z33dori View Post
are you talking about the perch the spring sits on? only my rear has a small spacer around the pillow ball.
Seriously, PM Yuta...

THIS IS THE WHEEL FITMENT THREAD GUYS!!!
Old 11-13-2008, 09:45 AM   #2268
BRAIN_Z33
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
BRAIN_Z33 is close to perfectionBRAIN_Z33 is close to perfectionBRAIN_Z33 is close to perfectionBRAIN_Z33 is close to perfectionBRAIN_Z33 is close to perfectionBRAIN_Z33 is close to perfectionBRAIN_Z33 is close to perfectionBRAIN_Z33 is close to perfectionBRAIN_Z33 is close to perfectionBRAIN_Z33 is close to perfectionBRAIN_Z33 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by status:one View Post

Why'd I sell my Z!?
BRAIN_Z33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 12:28 AM   #2269
derek_s13
Zilvia Addict

derek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to derek_s13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways View Post
Seriously, PM Yuta...

THIS IS THE WHEEL FITMENT THREAD GUYS!!!
doesn't discussing how to lower coilovers directly relate to wheel fitment...

i'm not picking a fight sideways, just saying if it's on the topic of wheel fitment (which it is) i don't see the problem
derek_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 12:37 AM   #2270
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
JUNIOR MOD IN DA' HOUSE!!!

Whatever, let us discuss.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 10:31 AM   #2271
TheRonTom31
Zilvia Addict

TheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to TheRonTom31
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles View Post
...so guess who just deleted ~8 pages worth of posts from this thread?

Only reason I stopped is because I have other shit that's more important than pruning irrelevant/stupid/shouldabeenaPM/etc posts from this thread.

I bet I could whittle it down to 20 pages if I had more time.

Stay on topic
post all known specs
don't chit-chat
ask OT questions via PM or in an appropriate thread.

Don't crap up this potentially cool thread.

Also, I think I'll be deleting cars with ??x8 +0 wheels anymore, unless the car is slammed to fuck on them. I'm seeing far too much gap between lip and fender - so much so that it's impossible to tell how flush they truly are.

The object here is WHEEL flushness, not TIRE flushness.
Sosideways does not want this thread getting closed. I took this off page 69
TheRonTom31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 04:41 PM   #2272
rbpowerds14
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (5)
rbpowerds14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
well i had to raise it up toget it on a tow truck to bring to my new house, but ill post a pic

fronts-18x10-17 (225/35r18)
rears-18x12-17 (265/35r18)
the car will be lowerd back down 1.5 in the front and 2inch in the rear!
enjoy

rbpowerds14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 05:12 PM   #2273
Quail
Zilvia FREAK!

Quail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfection
Send a message via MSN to Quail
Love the blue centers. What colours the car going to be?
Old 11-15-2008, 05:26 PM   #2274
Sonic Motor
www.SonicMotor.com

Trader Rating: (113)
Sonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 113 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sonic Motor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quail View Post
i was about to say the same.

I guess its becuz our cars are the same color
Old 11-15-2008, 05:38 PM   #2275
rbpowerds14
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (5)
rbpowerds14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quail View Post
thanks the car color is going to be PURE WHITE!

nothing to crazy. no need when u got this stuffed in there-

lol

-sorry back on topic
rbpowerds14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 11:16 PM   #2276
holaback
BANNED

holaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymore
oh dear son
holaback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 04:58 PM   #2277
SlideJdm
Leaky Injector

SlideJdm is making a name for him/her selfSlideJdm is making a name for him/her selfSlideJdm is making a name for him/her self
oh fuckk cock.... monster!
SlideJdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 03:58 PM   #2278
dori_sil8t
Zilvia Junkie

dori_sil8t is making a name for him/her selfdori_sil8t is making a name for him/her self

rims euroline
18*9 fr 235
18*10 rear
chamber tooo much in the rear
sorry for the cell phone pics

unionautoclub.com
dori_sil8t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 07:46 PM   #2279
240sxaddict
Leaky Injector

240sxaddict is making a name for him/her self240sxaddict is making a name for him/her self
My little brothers 17x9 +11 SSR Dish. Just put them on tonight. Can't drop it any more until roll/pull. Keep in mind the car does not have rotors and it still has stock RUCA's. If we can find new barrels to widen these wheels we're going to move these up front and tear apart the fronts (17x8 +5), widen them, and shove them in the rear. Anybody know where we can find any? Maybe he'll just have to buy another set and mix/match.

240sxaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 12:34 AM   #2280
nisans13turbo
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
nisans13turbo is just really nicenisans13turbo is just really nicenisans13turbo is just really nicenisans13turbo is just really nicenisans13turbo is just really nicenisans13turbo is just really nicenisans13turbo is just really nicenisans13turbo is just really nicenisans13turbo is just really nicenisans13turbo is just really nice
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Same style wheels and close offsets!

17x8 +8 front
17x9 +5 rear

[QUOTE=240sxaddict;2455494]My little brothers 17x9 +11 SSR Dish. Just put them on tonight. Can't drop it any more until roll/pull. Keep in mind the car does not have rotors and it still has stock RUCA's. If we can find new barrels to widen these wheels we're going to move these up front and tear apart the fronts (17x8 +5), widen them, and shove them in the rear. Anybody know where we can find any? Maybe he'll just have to buy another set and mix/match.

QUOTE]