Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 09-29-2015, 06:20 AM   #211
codyzsilvia
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
codyzsilvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHogg View Post
Thank you. That is one of the reasons I bought it. Plus it wasn't already tuned to the hilt like a lot of them. I think you will be able to find one. I honestly don't think the r33 will have a high markup compared to r32. R33 are naturally pretty cheap because they are kind of the ugly duckling of the r32 and r34. Despite probably being the best performer of them all. They got the active LSD and knocked 22 seconds of the r32 lap time at nurburg. An r34 is just a slightly refined r33. From all the reviews I read, everyone who owned a r33 said the 34 wasn't the same feel as a 33. But either way, if you own any GTR you will be happy lol. Although I am starting to get used to stock power.....uh oh lol.
You're welcome man.
The price markup on the R32s is ridiculous but what can you do, they're just now federally legal here. And I have been finding R33s GTRs for $10k, thats less than what I paid for my S13 Silvia here in the US lol. No one likes them because they're "fat" but we shall see what happens. I won't settle for any Skyline until I get a GTR haha.

That Hellcat though, R32 is better
codyzsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2015, 07:44 AM   #212
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
the funny thing is.....r34 weighs the most.
Old 09-29-2015, 09:11 PM   #213
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
The fact that your gtr still has the stock air box shows how untouched it really is. Seems like all them have at least the pod filters installed.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 10:09 PM   #214
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
The fact that your gtr still has the stock air box shows how untouched it really is. Seems like all them have at least the pod filters installed.
yea I really like the direction the original owner took with the car. Suspension and bracing and let it be. The car is super fun. Very nimble feeling. The funny thing is, I like the stock airbox best. It is more than capable of 500+ hp. I think the pods look dumb to be honest.
Old 09-30-2015, 05:18 AM   #215
codyzsilvia
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
codyzsilvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
the funny thing is.....r34 weighs the most.
I know, LOL. People are funny. They just follow trends and movies.

Keep your stock intake. I wish I did on my Silvia, although they say the Apexi intakes make the most power/are the best aftermarket ones for the GTRs and S13s.
codyzsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 09:11 PM   #216
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

ok got some new shoes. Way more aggressive. Looks way better. I thought the TE37 looked pretty good.......these blow them away lol.

Advan AD08R 265/35/18

As you can see these are a lot more beefy. Car is still up in the air here.

As usual advan wheels just stand out among the rest. Here is a comparison shot from one side to the other.

Advan RG 18x9.5 +12 with 265/35/18 AD08R

Rays TE37 17x9 +22 with 255/40/17 nankang ultra sport NS-II

Rear shot with TE37

Rear shot with RG, you can see its PERFECTLY flush (I guess that is why they are GTR sizes lol)

Front TE37, you can see they are slightly sunk in

Front Advan RG

Slight poke

Need to massage the fenders. They rub on hard turns or bouncy roads. The HKS coil-overs are decently stiff to.

Looks good

Back shot

Old 10-01-2015, 12:27 AM   #217
Ronald_Mcdonald
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Ronald_Mcdonald is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Ronald_Mcdonald
That looks perfect.

Living the dream.
Old 10-01-2015, 07:20 AM   #218
Apex Eight
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Apex Eight is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Hooooly shit those Advans. Nice
Apex Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 08:03 AM   #219
VAs13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
VAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
fucking awesome man.
VAs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 06:18 PM   #220
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Another update lol. Exhaust time! Also did a slight fender roll. I mean more like a "bend back a little", kept the plastic guards also. It's perfect now, no rubbing at all. We found out that the turbo dumps are way more involved than was planned. So we just threw the front pipes on back on. The sound is fucking incredible. I cant even explain it. It's like what you see on youtube. Just pure badass. Like so badass that badass is almost not badass enough to describe the badassness. Any ways, for a 5k (including shipping) exhaust, it fit like a glove. As it should. It looks amazing. It really opens up the exhaust and you can hear those factory turbos really spool up now.(whoa pre work out just kicked in lol....damn it man). Any ways, yea, shit sounds good. I can't wait to hear what it sounds like with the Midori dump tubes should open it up even more. I can feel a noticeable difference in the power. Possibly quicker spool up time. The mid range throws you back a little more. Front pipes definitely make the car a different beast. BTW, I am working on a video to get a good exhaust tone clip. Just bare with me.

This car is becoming something I fucking dreamed of since I was a damn pre teen. It's really weird to see this shit in front of my eyes in real life, knowing that its mine and not some video game. It's a great fucking feeling.

On to the pics.

Midori Seibi high power NR 90mm full titanium exhaust system.

Pie cuts just peeking through the wheel well lol

Last edited by BossHogg; 10-01-2015 at 07:15 PM..
BossHogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 09:35 AM   #221
Oakville
Zilvia Junkie

Oakville is an unknown quantity at this point
So damn nice! You're doing what I've wanted to for years
Old 10-02-2015, 05:20 PM   #222
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Got a couple of little items today.

I believe this is from the mid- late 70's. Kenmeri GTR days. Damn good shape

Dry carbon with a clear coat finish. License plate frame

Cool keychain. I was going to use it. But I didn't realize how big and heavy duty it was. This is a quality built piece lol. I'll just keep it in the box.

Last edited by BossHogg; 04-07-2016 at 06:00 PM..
Old 10-02-2015, 06:13 PM   #223
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
That exhaust is a thing of beauty. My friends older brother had one on his old BNR33 before he sold it for an BNR34. I totally get what you're saying about that exhaust note...

Anyways, keep it going, I LOVE this thing!

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 11:07 PM   #224
supersayianjim
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
supersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
BOSS HOGG, where in Missouri are you?
supersayianjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 10:14 AM   #225
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
The biggest part hoarder on silver finally posts progress pics!
Good job my man.
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 11:38 PM   #226
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

I've had the car less than two weeks lol.
Old 10-04-2015, 12:31 AM   #227
A54
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (40)
A54 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
NISMO bump... Great thread!
A54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 04:01 PM   #228
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
love the radvans... very nice
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 08:24 PM   #229
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Thanks guys. I got a picture of all the wheels today. I'm going to try and sell some. Just don't need them. They are cool to have, but I need to clear out space lol. Plus I could better use that money on things I actually need. I think I have the GTR close to being as far as I want to go for now. Have a few more things on the way that are just basic piece of mind items. I think the car is fun enough at its current stage. So I will focus on the 240 again. It would be nice to have two running vehicles. Wish I could find a JUN r32 hood to match the 240. The best looking hood IMO. GTR's run really damn hot.

Old 10-04-2015, 08:47 PM   #230
Ronald_Mcdonald
Zilvia Member

Ronald_Mcdonald is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Ronald_Mcdonald
Wish I could take all of them off of your hands for you.
Old 10-04-2015, 09:24 PM   #231
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

whoa whoa whoa take it easy. I'm only selling the VSXX, TE37 and the 3 SA3R. I will probably get the panasports rebarreled/lipped for the GTR and I'll keep the blitz wheels for future use. May end up with a black 180sx type X when they become legal. Just a simple cruise around car. Hatch is my roots.
Old 10-04-2015, 11:37 PM   #232
BRAWL SPEEDSTAR

BRAWL SPEEDSTAR is an unknown quantity at this point
i love everything about the build(s) and the parts being used. very inspiring and entertaining! can't wait for more!
BRAWL SPEEDSTAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 07:28 PM   #233
supersayianjim
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
supersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
coupes over hatches! hogg where are you?
supersayianjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 10:04 PM   #234
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

added a few more touches today. I tried out my other nismo blue letter steering wheel and apparently it lined right up with the hub. Not sure if there is a bunch of different combinations of wheels and hubs or what. But now that I got the hub on, my hicas light comes on after a few minutes of driving. I'm just guessing it has to do with the wheel not being lined up perfectly on the right spline? Not sure, the wheel is straight when im driving. I will be deleting hicas eventually, but the light is just annoying lol. Probably have to take the bulb out like so many other people do. Would like to fix it proper if I can.

Anyways on to the pics.
Interior is starting to look nismo'd out. Have a gauge pod cluster on the way so I will be able to fit the 3 nismo gauges when it arrives. Should be looking pretty badass 1990's nismo here shortly. I have a few more little upgrades on the way to. Nothing crazy, but will help over all performance.

Nismo steering boss, wheel and horn button. Yes the horn works (everyone pushes it to make sure lol).

nismo carbon license plate frame

Factory option dead pedal cover

Should be heading to MDU st.louis, this sunday if anyone is going. I'll be hard parking.
Old 10-08-2015, 10:49 PM   #235
hasemi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
hasemi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I built some wheels but I have not had a chance put them on. What do you think about 18x9.75 +21? I hope they will sit flush.
Old 10-08-2015, 10:53 PM   #236
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

hmm not sure. You are a little wider, but then offsets kind of cancel it out. I know people run LMGT1 in 18x10 +20. Not sure if they have problems with rubbing though. I think you will be ok to be honest.
Old 10-09-2015, 10:30 AM   #237
hasemi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
hasemi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
hmm not sure. You are a little wider, but then offsets kind of cancel it out. I know people run LMGT1 in 18x10 +20. Not sure if they have problems with rubbing though. I think you will be ok to be honest.
I think I'm pushing it. I don't want to roll my fenders. Plus I went 265/40 tires. Well hella camber stance nation dapper status. I was trying to avoid that.

Old 10-09-2015, 11:32 AM   #238
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
more on the 240 please
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 12:10 PM   #239
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasemi View Post
I think I'm pushing it. I don't want to roll my fenders. Plus I went 265/40 tires. Well hella camber stance nation dapper status. I was trying to avoid that.

[/URL]
Yea i'm not sure on my alignment specs. I'm sure its probably a stockish alignment setting. I to hate the the camber BS. I think you will be fine honestly. From what I hear 18x10 +20 doesn't really rub. Your 1/4 inch less and 1 more mm of offset. But you got some balloon rubber. Most people seem to go 35 series, either 265 or 255. So I'm not sure how the tire will come into effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik View Post
more on the 240 please
I'm actually in the works on something Getting a few things in line before moving forward.
Old 10-09-2015, 03:00 PM   #240
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Received my gauge cluster today. Pretty good quality, gauges fit nice a snug. Really have to push them in there. This should finish up my interior as far as I'm concerned. The end of the 1990's nismo feel.

Last edited by BossHogg; 10-11-2015 at 07:59 PM..