Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 02-23-2008, 09:20 AM   #211
INeedNewTires
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
INeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
nice pics......... How much does it cost you per track day? (entry fee, fuel, towing, tires, fluids, oils, etc. i mean TOTAL cost)
Old 02-23-2008, 09:53 AM   #212
tha240star
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
tha240star is making a name for him/her selftha240star is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2JZGTE View Post
To the OP...thanks for sharing your car's details... looks like it's coming along nicely. Good job, and have fun improving on your setup and driving.

Broaner...awesome weight. Guess you just proved to all the doubters My car should be down around that weight as well. I'll be going to the scales in August for a weigh-in.

About roadracing, I'd like to offer some of my experiences as well for grip driving. I'm not saying my setup is the way to go, and not saying I'm a know-it-all. Just sharing my experiences, that's all.

I recently relocated my fusebox and relay box to behind the dash, similar to whiteGLX. It was pretty easy, but I can see how somebody could mess it up. I did this to make the engine bay clean and to get more room up front so I can run more POSITIVE CASTER. I'm at +7 right now and occasionally rub the front part of fender well. Now I can bang it out and get up to +10 degrees.

My alignment: Front: -2.5 camber, .5 toe out, +7 caster. Rear: -1.5 camber, .25 toe in. Car is lowered too much right now and I am going to raise it a little bit. My links are angled up way too much. This doesn't prevent me from running very well at my track though.

For mods: I have:
spl fender brace
spl tension rod
Tanabe sways front and rear
cusco rear control arm and toe rod
kazama traction rod
Silk road coilvers (8/6)
Cusco strut bars (F+R)
subframe spacers (installed all 8)
Sr engine w/ stock turbo + FULLRACE mani at 240rwhp
fmic, koyo radiator, FAL twin fans...no oil cooler or PS cooler yet.
ZetaIII bucket (bucket seat was essential for me improving my driving).
Work s1, see sig. Currently on 235/40 and 245/40 bfg KDW (way too hard, can't wait to use the pilot sport cup)
Wilwood 4piston front brakes w/ 12.2" rotors.

I am very happy with my setup as it is....except for one thing. I am going to replace my Tanabe rear swaybar with the stock swaybar.

My track (mid-america motorplex) is mostly 3rd gear, and top speed up to about 130-140mph. and one 2nd gear turn. I can have the throttle all the way down midway through the apex on nearly every turn. I thought my setup might be too extreme and too stiff but it has proved to be very nice and my chassis/suspension flex is becoming very minimal.

Some of the turns require late apex for better laptimes. There are lots of S-turns and some double right turns.

The double right turns require a wide entry through the first turn while carrying higher entry speed. Approaching the second right and you simply let off the gas and unsettle the back end for a nice turn in and full throttle exit through the second right-turn. I really enjoy these turns.

As most of you know, simply getting partially through the turn and then throttling out while unwinding the steering works very well. My first outing had me getting full throttle after 3/4 of the turn, but more seat time and I'm now full throttle at mid-apex.

My end goal is to use an S15 turbo with r-compound (pilot sport cup because they last much longer than kumho/hoosier) while still getting full throttle at mid-apex.

I've been very impressed with the ability and reliability of my S13. Last time at the track and I passed a nice porsche w/ cage, huge wing, the works, some STIs on falken 615 tires, and two ZO6 vettes. The first ZO6 was unexperienced, easy kill. The second...well he looked like he knew how to drive. I was really amazed that I reeled him in through the course of a few laps. He finally gave the signal to pass, albeit very reluctantly Many people at the track ask me what kind of car it is, and many people are stunned that it can pass their MUCH more expensive cars. I had an instructor ride with me and he was very impressed with the handling, stating that it is on par with the ZO6s he races and rides in.

Stock turbo on SR is more than enough power for now, and the only thing planned for the future is more seat-time, an oil cooler, and r-compound. I do 20-30minute sessions with my water temp rising to a max of 95 degrees C. Maybe this is getting too hot? But I haven't had any problems yet, and run from 3-8pm (30minute sessions with cooldown in between). EGTs max at 870 degrees C.

When my supra is finished it will spank the laptimes of my nissan but that's expected (moton triple adjustable shocks and 285/315 r-compound).

People...mods are always a good thing but nothing is better than seat-time at a track, and time with an instructor in your car to give you pointers.

The beginning:

LOL
how did u get the sound deadener out so clean, mine looks horrible lol
tha240star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 10:18 AM   #213
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
WhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WhiteGLX Send a message via Yahoo to WhiteGLX
lots of dryice, some patience, and a little elbow grease im sure. Mine came out that clean in a bunch of areas, but others where i wouldnt wait long enough of take my time is choppy or slightly dented.

***NASA HPDE Instructor***
WhiteGLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 10:28 AM   #214
tha240star
Leaky Injector

tha240star is making a name for him/her selftha240star is making a name for him/her self
so i guess i already messed up then, i just started goin at it. i'll try and show u the pics, so u can say if its save-able
tha240star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 01:11 PM   #215
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
You can also use a propane torch and a scraper, it just scratches the floor a bit. The trick is after you have removed the sound deadening there will be a residue left over, use lacquer thinner and some old bath towels to remove the residue. When you are done your floor should look like my floor.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 01:11 PM   #216
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

WhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by INeedNewTires View Post
nice pics......... How much does it cost you per track day? (entry fee, fuel, towing, tires, fluids, oils, etc. i mean TOTAL cost)
everything depends on how much you WANT to spend.

Hotel - $80/night
Track fee - $350/ 2day event
Tires - $200 used r-comps or $0 use whats on the car already
fuel - $40 /tank (maybe 3 tanks in one weekend)
tow vehicle fuel if you tow - $60/tank 1 tank of gas for close event, 2-4 for far away events
Oil and filter - $25
Food - $50

Total per weekend - $1000 average

i dont suggest a tow vehicle unless you dont think your car is reliable, or unless you have an actual racecar, just drive it otherwise save a bundle and dont drive on track at 110%.

dont buy special parts for your car just for one weekend of fun, use what you have or replace parts that are necessary. I tow my car because its for track only, not tagged, not insured. I drive my car at a pretty high potential each time out because i dont have to worry about driving home. Though only 1 event i wasnt able to drive home if i had the choice out of 16 events total. Dotn worry about buying super nice brake fluid, r-comps, aero work, special engine oil, brake ducting, coilovers, race seats etc.... Everything is overated unless you track your car regularly, just drive what you have and have fun with it, no need to try and force it into being a race car if you dont know how to drive it as it sits already.

Everyone on here is going to hate me for admitting my personal track costs now.

Hotel - $50/night (discount trough friend)
Track fee - $0/ 2day event (instructor status)
Tires - $75 per event ($200 for used set of r-comps, they last me 3 events)
fuel - $40 /tank (3 tanks in one weekend max)
tow vehicle fuel if you tow - $60/tank (1 tank of gas for close event, 2-4 for far away events)
Oil and filter - $0 (i only change my oil 2x per season, i know what the data says, but i havnt had an issue yet.)
Food - $50

Total per weekend - $500 average

I went through years of spending the money to be at the track, towing my car and learning as much as i could so i could get to the instructor point, and meet the people who could save me a bundle on a hotel room or i would camp. I am absolutely psyched to be there now, i can save a ton, each and every weekend.

Old 02-23-2008, 01:19 PM   #217
racepar1
Post Whore!

racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Track days are fuckin expensive man! I would estimate my costs per day to be (not including tire wear) about $300 per day. I drive my car to the track early in the morning, no towing/hotel. I have my buddy come with me to help and he likes to be at the track so much that he pays for his own gas (sucka)! So all I have left is MY gas and food/souveniers for me and my buddy. I have not yet attended a 2 day event specifically for cost reasons, not to mention wifey wouldn't exactly love for me to be gone overnight.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:21 AM   #218
Paul2x
Zilvia Addict

Paul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Paul2x
Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
What tires/size you runnin? Obviously r-compounds. That blows my last time there outta the water. You have just set my new target!

That was with Nt01's 235 up front and 255 in the rear.

Right when i got the car, in basacally stock trim went out to the track w/ street tires I did a 1.28.xx

next is aero parts i believe.

Professional Driver/ Instructor for Hire
Paul2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 04:34 PM   #219
TheArkitekt
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
TheArkitekt is a jewel in the roughTheArkitekt is a jewel in the roughTheArkitekt is a jewel in the roughTheArkitekt is a jewel in the roughTheArkitekt is a jewel in the roughTheArkitekt is a jewel in the roughTheArkitekt is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul2x View Post

Right when i got the car, in basacally stock trim went out to the track w/ street tires I did a 1.28.xx

same setup i run, except i use toyos. i think its well balanced for the S chassis cars
TheArkitekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 09:29 PM   #220
racepar1
Post Whore!

Quote:

I don't think that you were running the full course man. There is absolutely NO WAY you could run a 28 on street tires on the full course with pretty much ANY car in the world. Shit the EVO X only ran a 31 with a pro driver on the full course clockwise. Your claimed 25 is also too quick for the full course. At the last event I attended at the streets full course CW there was a full-race C-6 vette running giant hoosiers and they were running 25's. I really don't wanna piss anyone off, but I call BULLSHIT! Maybe this is all just a mis-understanding.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:00 AM   #221
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:

How would you feel about 255 all the way around?

I have the same stager as you right now but with Azenis. It's a joke
Old 02-25-2008, 02:49 PM   #222
Paul2x
Zilvia Addict

Paul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I don't think that you were running the full course man. There is absolutely NO WAY you could run a 28 on street tires on the full course with pretty much ANY car in the world. Shit the EVO X only ran a 31 with a pro driver on the full course clockwise. Your claimed 25 is also too quick for the full course. At the last event I attended at the streets full course CW there was a full-race C-6 vette running giant hoosiers and they were running 25's. I really don't wanna piss anyone off, but I call BULLSHIT! Maybe this is all just a mis-understanding.
LOL take it easy,

Sound's like u and the guy in the vette need a bit more practice...j/k

For your reference though since the BS card was thrown,
Here's a vid of my friends stock elise on bald street tires running a 1.28.5 the same day we were their:
http://www.trackhq.com/forums/photop...hp/photo/12090

That's CW with blow by and skid pad, which is the full course to my knowledge....same design most events run and testing is done on.

and when i did my 1.28 i had good street tires, after some work and Nt01's i'm in the low 1.25's maybe another sec or two w/ hosiers who know's?

YOur more than welcome to join my friends and I next time out to one of our events, i see that your local so i'll be sure to shoot you a PM before the next event.

Btw, what are your times?

Old 02-25-2008, 02:51 PM   #223
racepar1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve shadows View Post
How would you feel about 255 all the way around?

I have the same stager as you right now but with Azenis. It's a joke
255's ROCK! Perfect fitment! I love to whore out my car by the way! LOL!

Old 02-25-2008, 02:58 PM   #224
racepar1
Post Whore!

Quote:
LOL take it easy,

Sound's like u and the guy in the vette need a bit more practice...j/k

For your reference though since the BS card was thrown,
Here's a vid of my friends stock elise on bald street tires running a 1.28.5 the same day we were their:
http://www.trackhq.com/forums/photop...hp/photo/12090

and when i did my 1.28 i had good street tires, after some work and Nt01's i'm in the low 1.25's maybe another sec or two w/ hosiers who know's?

YOur more than welcome to join my friends and I next time out to one of our events.

Btw, what are your times?
I ran a 1:34.2 last time out (shakedown event). I probably should have run a 32 or 33, but I spun on my flyer at the end of the day. A 25 is just too quick, I can't quite believe you. A 35 for you is entirely possible (actually a bit slow) and a 28 in a lotus is entirely possible. I'll definitely take you up on the offer to attend next time, I just gotta see for myself. When is the next event?
Old 02-25-2008, 04:33 PM   #225
Paul2x
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
A 25 is just too quick, I can't quite believe you. A 35 for you is entirely possible (actually a bit slow)
LOL, well i'm not sure to take that as a complement or insult, haven't quite figured out why you think i'm only capiable of a 1.35'-ish, and defently not capiable of 1.25's ? I dont get it?

Anyway, all things aside, i'm not lying, have no reason too.

but for real lets attend the next event together, (technically some how we sould run the same times) so lets do it.

Their's an event this Friday at streets w/ speed ventures, running CCW (which i've never done before) Can u make this Friday?

btw, since your local and into roadracing u sould check out www.trackhq.com
you'll find a bunch of guys that run sub-130's at streets, and lots of good info

Old 02-25-2008, 06:08 PM   #226
deucen
Zilvia Member

deucen has a reputation beyond reputedeucen has a reputation beyond reputedeucen has a reputation beyond reputedeucen has a reputation beyond reputedeucen has a reputation beyond reputedeucen has a reputation beyond reputedeucen has a reputation beyond reputedeucen has a reputation beyond reputedeucen has a reputation beyond reputedeucen has a reputation beyond reputedeucen has a reputation beyond repute
I had Cusco Zero2R coilovers, Autopower Race Rollbar (not in this pic), G2X Datalogger, Ferodo DS3000 front and Ferodo DS2500 rear brake pads and a RaceComp Engineering Kool Brake Kit. (All mods are gone now )

My best time bone stock w/ mild race pads at Streets was a 1:31.2 w/ a passenger
deucen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 06:27 PM   #227
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

its really hard to call BS on someone elses laptimes, when the timing could have been done in any fashion that made it off in some way, maybe the track was stickier, tires grippier, driver more willing to push the limit, pads not getting too hot, engine running stronger. everyday of every event is different, and between 2 completely different drivers who may drive entirely different or be at different skill levels.

I know in my run groups here on the east coast i play with the Vetts', Mustang Cobras, M3's etc....my car is way underpowered in comparison, i run smaller tires, my car weighs less, but i also seem to be a bit of a smoother driver, late braker, and general different power band. I run the same general lap times as Honda Challenge H2 cars, my lap times have come a long way with experience, practice, patience and ahrd work, i used to run times 15sec slower 2 years ago, my only chnage has been better brakes, better tires, and less power.

You can call BS on people's lap times all day, but maybe he drives 100% on track and you drive 80%, maybe hes got 80more whp than you along with better tires and brakes, anything could be that 7 second difference, i mean maybe, just maybe.....hes a better driver. I dont know sh*t about west coast tracks so i cant even pu tin my 2 cents about whats up. Just think it through about how many things could differe between two different drivers with different cars running different imes on different days.....anything goes at this point.

Old 02-25-2008, 06:38 PM   #228
deucen
Zilvia Member

deucen has a reputation beyond reputedeucen has a reputation beyond reputedeucen has a reputation beyond reputedeucen has a reputation beyond reputedeucen has a reputation beyond reputedeucen has a reputation beyond reputedeucen has a reputation beyond reputedeucen has a reputation beyond reputedeucen has a reputation beyond reputedeucen has a reputation beyond reputedeucen has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ I agree with that. My friend with a bone stock STI ran a 1:29 going CCW while I'm still at the 1:31s. The only difference is he has balls and much, much more track experience that I do.
deucen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 07:20 PM   #229
jaku

jaku is an unknown quantity at this point
even my BONE BONE BONE STOCK S2000 (including OEM tires) can run 1'30.3, why can't a tuned S15 run 1'28s street or 1'25s on R tires? Below are video proof my 1'30.3 and Jay's 1'25.8 FD chasing Paul!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_uuSkM3CLE[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocmrbIIbTfw[/ame]

for "full course" argument tho, now blowpass is more popular than non-blowpass (Turn 4), so it's hard to say which one is the "full course" now!

however, for a referance to judge the difference between new and old config, blowpass/no blowpass + new berms after back straight chicane,

i use bone stock S2000 record as a comparsion, 1'31.8 vs 1'30.3, it's about 1.5s, and you can judge the part on the Turn 4

also if anyone hasn't seen the video from Best Motoring, Tsuchia ran 1'29.5s with bone stock Cayman S on old config

lastly the pro driver who tested EVO X didn't give the best potential of the EVO X at SOWS and you can tell from their data graph + EVO IV/X is quite in the similar speed to Cayman S

Last edited by jaku; 02-25-2008 at 07:51 PM..
jaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 08:31 PM   #230
TheArkitekt
Zilvia Member

TheArkitekt is a jewel in the roughTheArkitekt is a jewel in the roughTheArkitekt is a jewel in the roughTheArkitekt is a jewel in the roughTheArkitekt is a jewel in the roughTheArkitekt is a jewel in the roughTheArkitekt is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteGLX View Post
its really hard to call BS on someone elses laptimes, when the timing could have been done in any fashion that made it off in some way, maybe the track was stickier, tires grippier, driver more willing to push the limit, pads not getting too hot, engine running stronger. everyday of every event is different, and between 2 completely different drivers who may drive entirely different or be at different skill levels.

I know in my run groups here on the east coast i play with the Vetts', Mustang Cobras, M3's etc....my car is way underpowered in comparison, i run smaller tires, my car weighs less, but i also seem to be a bit of a smoother driver, late braker, and general different power band. I run the same general lap times as Honda Challenge H2 cars, my lap times have come a long way with experience, practice, patience and ahrd work, i used to run times 15sec slower 2 years ago, my only chnage has been better brakes, better tires, and less power.

You can call BS on people's lap times all day, but maybe he drives 100% on track and you drive 80%, maybe hes got 80more whp than you along with better tires and brakes, anything could be that 7 second difference, i mean maybe, just maybe.....hes a better driver. I dont know sh*t about west coast tracks so i cant even pu tin my 2 cents about whats up. Just think it through about how many things could differe between two different drivers with different cars running different imes on different days.....anything goes at this point.
I couldn't agree more. Last time i was at mid ohio i was swapping times with a tuned M roadster, and a vette. Again with smaller tires, less brake and less power, but a lighter car. I think 50% of time on the track is the driver, the other 50% the car. Our shop ran an EVO 9 last year, stock turbo, good suspension setup with good tires and we beat an EVO with 100 more hp, better brakes and more tire by 3 seconds.

Best solution is to take it to the track and find out. But ultimately I trust what Paul claims, hes been in the game a long time and has no reason to fabricate lap times.
TheArkitekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 10:01 PM   #231
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

lap times are completely meaningless if you are still in the HPDE scene, unless you are W2W racing or doing a glorified auto-x (time attack/ time trial) then times count.

I use lap times with friends so we can help judge improvement overall or in certain sections, not as bragging rights. All you need to really do is go to the track with some friends, people or equal talents and work on getting faster in certain areas by using the input from your fiends who were behind you or in front of you. Use everything as a tool to learn more, not just to say you ran such and such a time.

If the banter about track times continues ill prolly end up abandoning my own thread due to little boy sillyness.

SIDE NOTE:
i found a way to keep my car out of the NASA ST classing and in PTA. It will involve not making the car vary light and not going overkill with power. Concentrate on skill and suspension and i should be able to be very competitive in the PT classing. when the time comes, its nice to know i have found a way to put a limit on my modding.

Old 02-26-2008, 12:42 AM   #232
racepar1
Post Whore!

Quote:
LOL, well i'm not sure to take that as a complement or insult, haven't quite figured out why you think i'm only capiable of a 1.35'-ish, and defently not capiable of 1.25's ? I dont get it?

Anyway, all things aside, i'm not lying, have no reason too.

but for real lets attend the next event together, (technically some how we sould run the same times) so lets do it.

Their's an event this Friday at streets w/ speed ventures, running CCW (which i've never done before) Can u make this Friday?

btw, since your local and into roadracing u sould check out www.trackhq.com
you'll find a bunch of guys that run sub-130's at streets, and lots of good info
Trust me it is DEFINITELY a compliment. From what I have seen at the streets anything under a 1:30 in a "street" car is fuckin flying! I have no doubt that you are faster than me. I am just really learning the set-ups and learning how the car feels when it is truly at the edge. Not to mention that I have a stock KADE still. I guarantee your NT01's are worth at least 3-4 seconds over my azenis as well. Also most people posting in this thread have more track experience than me. I felt as though I was pushing my car pretty damn hard when I went, I definitely felt as though the tires were holding me back though (I was still on 235's back then, and old ones at that). I would anticipate a sub-1:30 lap if I went tomorrow as my set-up has changed considerably, and I've had a couple months to figure out where I was having problems. As for THIS friday I just can't do it. Rent is due! Unfortuanetly that is just more important then heading to the track for nothing but my personal gratification. I would definitely like to hook-up with some fast s-chasis drivers, I haven't really had a chance to run with any REALLY fast s-chasis yet. I wish the event was in a couple of weeks, I could make that.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:06 AM   #233
jaku

jaku is an unknown quantity at this point
http://www.speedventures.com/events/Default.aspx

there will be couple good events coming soon in March, make plans and prepare car early so you don't miss or rush any events you wanna go

i have couple s13/s14 friends grip/drift their KAs, you will expect some good competitions and have more fun in the future

i'm just curious, was this you?

http://www.speedventures.com/results...id=-2147236858

if so, the z06 was actually running 1'22s by Oli, who is also on trackHQ
jaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 12:19 PM   #234
racepar1
Post Whore!

That's me! The z-06 ran a 25 in the one session I ran with it, I really didn't check the rest of his times. Those speedventures bastards didn't post my times for big willow though! Assholes! I have run with speedventures twice now and am fairly impressed with their organization. The only problem I have had so far is that it took them well over an hour to post my fucking times from my last session at the big willow event. I'm glad I stayed to find out though cuz I wouldn't know if I didn't since they didn't post my times online. I'm gunna shoot for the march 21st speedventures event at the streets for my next event and I am DEFINITELY gunna go to the one at california speedway too!
Old 02-26-2008, 01:20 PM   #235
bigOdom1
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
bigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
are you all shaving the nt01's?
bigOdom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 01:58 PM   #236
racepar1
Post Whore!

I don't really think there is much of a point to shaving NT01's. Maybe you would lose a bit of tread flex, but you would lose A LOT of life on the tire. Now heat cycling on the other hand is a good idea for any track tire. It yeilds more consistent performance throughout the life of the tire and also extends the life of said tire a bit.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:13 PM   #237
a_ahmed
BANNED

a_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfection
man that track... i wish we had that exact trakc in canada... shit man... you guys in states get nice tracks... well at least much nicer than whats in canada... it looks so sick...and then there's UK, germany and europe.. they get even more......
a_ahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 10:04 PM   #238
alex7
Zilvia Member

alex7 is just really nicealex7 is just really nicealex7 is just really nicealex7 is just really nicealex7 is just really nicealex7 is just really nicealex7 is just really nicealex7 is just really nicealex7 is just really nicealex7 is just really nice
Just like to point out a fact that you can understeer your way to a 1:35 at CCW streets with VSA ON in bone stock S2000.

Just an FYI if anyone thinks 1:35 is what an S15 should be doing.
alex7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 10:46 PM   #239
sirhc
Leaky Injector

sirhc will become famous soon enoughsirhc will become famous soon enoughsirhc will become famous soon enoughsirhc will become famous soon enough
Danm! I learned a lot from reading this whole thread.
sirhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 10:56 PM   #240
racepar1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex7 View Post
Just like to point out a fact that you can understeer your way to a 1:35 at CCW streets with VSA ON in bone stock S2000.

Just an FYI if anyone thinks 1:35 is what an S15 should be doing.
UMMMM we're talking about clockwise which from what I have heard is supposed to be a faster way around the track. A 1:35 would be just a bit slow for a well-built s-chasis car on SOWS clockwise. Shit I ran a bunch of 1:34's and it was my first full track day and the shakedown event on the car.