Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 12-02-2010, 10:22 PM   #211
s13dan
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
s13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
wrong.
They are safer, they are intended not to travel through more than one object.
And they should stop a crazed tweaker zombie communist better than regular tipped ammunition.
89 240sx hatch #933-the hot rod
91 240sx coupe #131,603-the daily
s13dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2010, 12:25 AM   #212
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by delaford321 View Post
Cody, I hope you know that 1911 of yours is worth some serious coin.
What sucks, is that I know this, and Iv'e been told this

Yet I still plink with it. It was in such nice shape. You'd absolutely shit if you know how I acquired this...it wouldn't even make sense...it just worked out if that makes any sense

With that said, its' innaccurate as hell, and loud. Perfect to me thoughh.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 12:25 AM   #213
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I'm not saying they're not effective, I'm just asking about legality. They're illegal in Cali right?
gearhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 12:35 AM   #214
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead55 View Post
I'm not saying they're not effective, I'm just asking about legality. They're illegal in Cali right?
Kalifornistan itself is illegal

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 12:41 AM   #215
D1champ
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
D1champ is on the path to ruinD1champ is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
There's enough firepower in this thread to invade a small south-american country. Not enough for the Balkans though
D1champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 04:08 AM   #216
dynamicck
Zilvia Junkie

dynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to behold
Quote:

No they are legal, you can purchase most of them at ammo shops/turners/gun shows. Some brands/styles are illegal though.
dynamicck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 01:34 PM   #217
s13dan
Zilvia FREAK!

s13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enough
maybe some legality myths need to be cleared.

Hollow Point-Hollow points are legal. Like stated above there are set guild lines for ammunition manufacturers, but what you have seen in this thread is mass produced ammo.

Silencers- Silencers and suppressors and legal! If you can own a firearm, you can own a silencer. You will have to apply for a special license, then your local police head needs to confirm it and you have to pay to play. Some states may have more hoops. This is also for only ONE silencer.

Full automatic- Fully automatics weapons are legal. Any NON FELON american can own one with paper work, a little dough and permission. From what I have read and been told (by the owners of such weapons) its a lot of paper work. But its legal.

All of this is from what research I have done and applies to the state of MO. I would imagine a few states and Cali would differ on these stipulations.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:47 PM   #218
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Ah, thanks for clearing that up.

Yea California laws are shitty.
Old 12-03-2010, 03:30 PM   #219
midnightouge
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
midnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13dan View Post
maybe some legality myths need to be cleared.

Hollow Point-Hollow points are legal. Like stated above there are set guild lines for ammunition manufacturers, but what you have seen in this thread is mass produced ammo.

Silencers- Silencers and suppressors and legal! If you can own a firearm, you can own a silencer. You will have to apply for a special license, then your local police head needs to confirm it and you have to pay to play. Some states may have more hoops. This is also for only ONE silencer.

Full automatic- Fully automatics weapons are legal. Any NON FELON american can own one with paper work, a little dough and permission. From what I have read and been told (by the owners of such weapons) its a lot of paper work. But its legal.

All of this is from what research I have done and applies to the state of MO. I would imagine a few states and Cali would differ on these stipulations.
California laws are different.
Just having a threaded barrel on a hand gun makes it an assault weapon.
You also cant own a silencer at all. Possession of one would make you a felon.

Also, you cant buy a class 3 weapon, unless you get the approval that its for a "good cause" and still have to jump through lots of hoops.

midnightouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:59 PM   #220
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightouge View Post
California laws are different.
Just having a threaded barrel on a hand gun makes it an assault weapon.
You also cant own a silencer at all. Possession of one would make you a felon.

Also, you cant buy a class 3 weapon, unless you get the approval that its for a "good cause" and still have to jump through lots of hoops.
What classifies a gun as a class 3?
Old 12-03-2010, 04:19 PM   #221
s13dan
Zilvia FREAK!

Class three weapons are considered "machine guns" and silencers fall in this category as well. So really any automatic, and suppressors. In the paperwork process of getting a class three license you wave certain rights as well. So you lose some rights to gain one...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my understanding that if one has obtained a class three license, that person is now legally allowed to be a dealer as well.
Old 12-03-2010, 05:21 PM   #222
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
National Firearms Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 12-04-2010, 07:18 PM   #223
s13dan
Zilvia FREAK!

^^Good call, enough of this legal crap.

My Norinco SKS. Great gun. Chucked the factory scope as it was crap, added a 20 round mag. Will be getting a red dot soon, and most likely a new stock with a fore grip.

Had a Yugo, this one operates much nicer.

Old 12-11-2010, 06:03 PM   #224
SinGarage
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
SinGarage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
^^^^ Nice SKS. Here is mine.

SinGarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 09:39 PM   #225
blownmotor
Zilvia Junkie

blownmotor is on the path to ruinblownmotor is on the path to ruin
Looks like a dragunov
blownmotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 10:41 PM   #226
s13dan
Zilvia FREAK!

Nice stock, looks sweet. Sniper SKS! And Is that a Yugo?? That muzzle brake looks odd to me.

I am wanting this stock and fore grip, no flashlight or laser crap.
But mine will be open sights or red dot.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:21 PM   #227
SinGarage
Zilvia Addict

SinGarage is an unknown quantity at this point
It's a Romanian with an AK-74 style muzzle break. It feels so much better with the Dragunov stock and very accurate.
SinGarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:54 PM   #228
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
who has an ak-47? i wants me a high powered plinking rifle to take out on my uncle's farm.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:25 AM   #229
japslapsilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

japslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the rough
what are you guys using for optics?

im debating on getting a nikon prostaff 4-12X 40mm for my 3006 and for my bushmaster 450.

currently the 3006 has the scope that was included some POS bushnell that doenst hold up very well, and the .450 upper is arriving tomorrow, so i would like to get scope for it asap.

i dont want to do a red dot for it bc its a 20inch barrel and red dots are more close quarter combat etc.

i do have a red dot on my hi point and a 4x on one AR, the other also has a red dot.

just wnated some thoughts on the Nikon scopes, as i am moving away from "cheaper quality" scopes.

Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspecusa View Post

Nothing is rare just expensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
if you've ever been with multiple women, then even you can understand that not all girlfriends are created equal. some are capable of amazing oral talents, while others dont mind a lill back door action.

Last edited by japslapsilvia; 12-16-2010 at 10:43 AM..
japslapsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 06:31 PM   #230
s13dan
Zilvia FREAK!

^^ That thing looks sweet, just get some optics for it.

Always remember, a firearm without ammo is just a stick. _My step dad told me that, I will never forget it.

Got loaded up for Christmas, and got some strip clips for my SK.

Ready for zombies.
Old 12-28-2010, 01:51 AM   #231
Krimlin
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Krimlin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I getting ready to set up a trust.

If you know what that is then you're in the cool kids club.

I forsee many Class III weapons in my future

Plans for said trust:
Transfer previously posted AWC Amphibian II to trust
Noveske 10.5" AR LO-PRO
Gemtech suppressors for my Glock and Bushmaster AR
And I want to build a 20ga. pimp cane shotgun for the fuck of it.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:23 PM   #232
s13dan
Zilvia FREAK!

Got myself a little b-day present for... myself.
Traded my mil-spec for this bad boy. It is a mil-spec but with some ed brown parts and it has been worked over by a good gunsmith.

Last edited by s13dan; 12-31-2010 at 07:00 PM..
Old 12-31-2010, 05:14 PM   #233
FlatDrftCJS
Leaky Injector

FlatDrftCJS is a name known to allFlatDrftCJS is a name known to allFlatDrftCJS is a name known to allFlatDrftCJS is a name known to allFlatDrftCJS is a name known to allFlatDrftCJS is a name known to allFlatDrftCJS is a name known to allFlatDrftCJS is a name known to allFlatDrftCJS is a name known to allFlatDrftCJS is a name known to allFlatDrftCJS is a name known to all
in anticipation of the ammo ban, ab 962, I bought 3000 rounds of 9mm and next month I'm buying 2000 rounds of .45 acp and 5000 rounds of steel cased .223
on a side note, my glock 26 is getting out of jail on Tuesday!
FlatDrftCJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 06:51 PM   #234
Homer_Simpson
Zilvia Addict

Homer_Simpson is on the path to ruinHomer_Simpson is on the path to ruinHomer_Simpson is on the path to ruin
XD45 Tactical on the left, CZ P-01 on the right.
Homer_Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 07:55 PM   #235
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Discovery Channel's All-New Series, SO… : Discovery Communications
Old 12-31-2010, 09:21 PM   #236
s13dan
Zilvia FREAK!

tits

I can't wait to check this out.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:43 PM   #237
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer_Simpson View Post
XD45 Tactical on the left, CZ P-01 on the right.
How do those two guns compare? I realize its not an xd9, but just in terms of build quality and ergonomics. I'm debating between picking up either the xd9 or the p01. The p01 is a good looking gun...
Old 01-01-2011, 08:22 PM   #238
Homer_Simpson
Zilvia Addict

Homer_Simpson is on the path to ruinHomer_Simpson is on the path to ruinHomer_Simpson is on the path to ruin
Quote:
How do those two guns compare? I realize its not an xd9, but just in terms of build quality and ergonomics. I'm debating between picking up either the xd9 or the p01. The p01 is a good looking gun...
The CZ is very easy to shoot and it will pretty much shoot anything you put in it. The built quality is nice and tight, although some folks has complained that the trigger is not very smooth out of the box and requires some dry-firing. The trigger pull on mine is smooth and predictable making it really fun and accurate to shoot. The grip is rubber and gives a nice and secure grip. I had complains from my friend that has larger hands than I that the grip is too small thus making it uncomfortable to shoot.

The XD45 is a little different from the P-01. I never had any intention of buying this gun until it was given to me by a relative. The XD is very fun and easy to shoot and is almost like the P-01 other than the trigger pull. The trigger is nice and smooth and feels nothing like a Glock. The grip is nice in my hands ( i can palm a basketball to give you and idea) and is very easy to transition to if you're coming from another gun.

I can honestly say that I can't pick one over another. The XD45 is a great gun for being a double stack, double action .45 cal. The P-01 is nice and compact and will shoot anything you throw at it. If the XD9 is anything like the XD45 then I'm sure you wont have any trouble going with either gun. The one thing to keep in mind is that the P-01 has an alloy frame and is not "plastic" like the XD.
Homer_Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:10 AM   #239
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

awesome, great descriptions, thank you. right now i'm leaning towards the cz...
Old 01-02-2011, 01:09 PM   #240
japslapsilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

japslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13dan View Post
^^ That thing looks sweet, just get some optics for it.

Always remember, a firearm without ammo is just a stick. _My step dad told me that, I will never forget it.

Got loaded up for Christmas, and got some strip clips for my SK.

Ready for zombies.
Thanks!! pretty sweet SKS what model is it?

here is some more of mine. oh and i ended up getting the Nikon...works out GREAT!!
remington 3006
bushmaster 450
Yugo SKS
Hipoint
DPMS AR Upper
Bushmaster Carbon AR
Walther P22
Ruger Mark III
Ruger 45
Taurus Pt 101P in 40
Taurus 247 in 40
Taurus Millinium 9mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspecusa View Post

Nothing is rare just expensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
if you've ever been with multiple women, then even you can understand that not all girlfriends are created equal. some are capable of amazing oral talents, while others dont mind a lill back door action.
japslapsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote