Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 11-11-2016, 06:46 PM   #211
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
dang, that playseat challenge is expensive for a cheap folding chair.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2016, 08:17 PM   #212
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
That VR setup is wicked. I can't wait to get into that shit. Just curious what components make up that whole system that you were using?
Old 11-15-2016, 12:05 AM   #213
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
hoping this is true...$300 8core/16threads =win
http://www.tweaktown.com/news/54945/...300/index.html
Old 11-15-2016, 09:13 AM   #214
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
hoping this is true...$300 8core/16threads =win
http://www.tweaktown.com/news/54945/...300/index.html

I'm taking this with HUGE grain of salt. Like boulder size.

Would be amazing if true.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 10:23 AM   #215
DJ PoW
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
DJ PoW is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJ PoW
Here is my build from November 2015 last year. Picture was taken upon the PC being built. I wanted to strive for something that would look really good to look at.

Core i7 6700k
16GB 3200Mhz Ram
500gb Samsung SSD
Gigabyte Gaming 7 motherboard
NZXT S340 Case
NZXT Kraken X61 Water Cooler

Not shown is my GTX 1080 but again this picture was taken when I first build the computer last year.
DJ PoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 09:46 AM   #216
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
I'm so excited! I almost have everything I need to finish my build. More info coming later.
Old 11-16-2016, 04:00 PM   #217
mtechpenguin

mtechpenguin is an unknown quantity at this point
Recent chassis swap from the Enthoo Luxe full tower to the mid tower Enthoo Pro-M Acrylic.

Most hardware from 2014 and still running strong

mtechpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 07:24 PM   #218
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

can't even play bf1 right now. cause I need a newer driver with the new update.
while currently GeForce 375.86 WHQL driver is fucked with paswell memory issue droppage.

amd save me.
Old 11-17-2016, 09:20 AM   #219
robertw

robertw is an unknown quantity at this point
Hell yeah. I randomly host a drift server, if you see it hop in. "Drifting: Superkamikazee". Sim racing / drifting is the VR killer app, for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDgqTLodqwM
Old 11-17-2016, 02:45 PM   #220
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
http://www.pcgamer.com/nvidias-lates...-memory-speed/
Old 11-18-2016, 06:57 AM   #221
robertw

robertw is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
Thanks for the info. Glad I didn't update.
Old 11-18-2016, 07:42 PM   #222
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertw View Post
Thanks for the info. Glad I didn't update.
I just updated. 375.95 - WHQL
http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/111032
Old 11-18-2016, 07:43 PM   #223
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

some more of the same news:
AMD Zen Summit Ridge Processors Rumored For 17th January Launch – Performance on Par With Core i7-6850K at $250-$300 US Pricing
http://wccftech.com/amd-zen-summit-r...-launch-rumor/

its got a actual date rumor!
also rumor 5ghz oc

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/amd...17th-2017.html
Old 11-19-2016, 06:41 PM   #224
Future240
Future Moderator

Must....not......board the hype train........
Old 11-19-2016, 10:44 PM   #225
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Quote:
Must....not......board the hype train........
choo choo
Old 11-20-2016, 10:31 AM   #226
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Gaming PC Builds & Hardware

Son of a bitch. RMA time. *sigh*

Old 11-20-2016, 12:52 PM   #227
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

lol. cant bend it back?
Old 11-20-2016, 02:04 PM   #228
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Quote:
lol. cant bend it back?

Didn't even bother to try. Newegg already issued a shipping slip and RMA.
Old 11-23-2016, 12:22 PM   #229
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Anyone ever used m.2 pcie adapters?
Old 11-23-2016, 03:47 PM   #230
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Quote:
Anyone ever used m.2 pcie adapters?
Anyone have experience with m2 in general?. I have thought about acquiring one in the future to use as my OS drive.
Old 11-23-2016, 10:09 PM   #231
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

from what i was researching most m.2 slot are pcie 3.0 x4 but, m.2 cards will run full speed @ 2.0 x4 slots also. m.2 slot and m.2 cards will also differ so you have to do some looking up if it fits.
my matx z97 doesn't have any. m.2 pcie adapter seems to work the same without speed lost. I just lose a pcie slot and more uglier and bulk in the way of the gpu (if you have a window and anal about the clean look).

seeing sata/ssd 850 evo 1tb is still priced bit high. I might as well go m.2 with higher speed. also future proof if I want to transfer to zen.

more added info...these thing draw power and can get hot. so cooling/case flow is vital.
Old 11-24-2016, 04:24 PM   #232
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Quote:
from what i was researching most m.2 slot are pcie 3.0 x4 but, m.2 cards will run full speed @ 2.0 x4 slots also. m.2 slot and m.2 cards will also differ so you have to do some looking up if it fits.
my matx z97 doesn't have any. m.2 pcie adapter seems to work the same without speed lost. I just lose a pcie slot and more uglier and bulk in the way of the gpu (if you have a window and anal about the clean look).

seeing sata/ssd 850 evo 1tb is still priced bit high. I might as well go m.2 with higher speed. also future proof if I want to transfer to zen.

more added info...these thing draw power and can get hot. so cooling/case flow is vital.

Thanks that's good to know. My mobo has support for two m.2 cards. I'll have to look more into this when I actually get the PC up and running.
Old 11-25-2016, 02:01 AM   #233
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

I spoke too soon. amazon dropped the sata 850 evo 1tb to $249. m.2 850 evo 1tb is also $249. from looking at the review evo m.2 and evo sata performance is almost identical.
the game changer m.2 960 pro 1tb is not release until next year jan.1st.

lots of pondering for me...

mean while...AMD Radeon RX 490 launching in December?
http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/amd...-december.html
dec is around the block.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo-WzsdfCR0
nioce. would love to have a matx size
Old 11-25-2016, 11:37 AM   #234
Future240
Future Moderator

I hope this is not a dual gpu card. Not a lot of titles s upport sli and crossfire really well. Wish is a shame considering the benefits of vulkan and DX12 with multigpu.
Old 11-25-2016, 12:59 PM   #235
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
SoundEfx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
I hope this is not a dual gpu card. Not a lot of titles s upport sli and crossfire really well. Wish is a shame considering the benefits of vulkan and DX12 with multigpu.
Do you think that will change over time seeing that there is actual benefit now?
Old 11-26-2016, 10:27 AM   #236
Future240
Future Moderator

I had typed out a long post that got lost, so in short not at first. I think the market will shift towards single more powerful cards at first, then as DX12 gets older and more known and the power of single cards is at its max, then I think it will shift towards sli crossfire as the next step in power.

Right now everyone wants a 4k 60fps card. Every time a new card comes out that is the wonder. Well when displays can display 4k 144hz or triple 4k setups then i think the market will shift back towards dual cards.

edit: I based this on new games having horrible multi gpu performance. see Civ Vi for instance https://imgur.com/a/imVCH#bdtIQF4
Old 11-30-2016, 09:05 PM   #237
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

intel 7700k samples
http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/int...le-tested.html
disappointing compared to the rumors leaks. intel still with their old ways...marginal improvements and high price.

zen save us all.

Last edited by BOROSUN; 12-01-2016 at 10:26 PM..
Old 12-02-2016, 01:54 AM   #238
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

http://wccftech.com/amd-rx-490-4k-spotted-benchmarks/
rumor bench lol.

i'm starting to thinking rx490 is a lottery Polaris with hbm2 with 4gb and 8gb version.
Old 12-02-2016, 08:23 AM   #239
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
intel 7700k samples
http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/int...le-tested.html
disappointing compared to the rumors leaks. intel still with their old ways...marginal improvements and high price.

zen save us all.

This only makes me want to grab a used 6700K when some idiot "upgrades" to this cpu.

Zen needs to do to the cpu market what the 290 series did to the gpu market.

Quote:
http://wccftech.com/amd-rx-490-4k-spotted-benchmarks/
rumor bench lol.

i'm starting to thinking rx490 is a lottery Polaris with hbm2 with 4gb and 8gb version.
I hope not. AMD NEEDS to match the 1070 in performance. Ideally, though not realistically AMD would release the 490 matching the 1070 then the 490X matching the 1080 and then for just because sakes release a Dual 490 card.

They should have been smarter altogether.

Should have been

490-1080
480-1070
470-1060
460-1050 ti

priced accordingly.
Old 12-06-2016, 01:00 AM   #240
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

theyre saying this aots rx490 bench is on par with 1080 factory OC.

that seems a little weak for a 1080 competitor. since amd scales better in dx12. it must scale down in dx11. making closer to 1070. seeing 1070 can be seen around $399. amd has got to be aggressively lower $300-350... fair?