Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 11:27 AM   #211
projectdrifter
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
projectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to projectdrifter Send a message via Yahoo to projectdrifter
god lord its amazing build.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2007, 12:15 PM   #212
B Love
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
B Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteGLX View Post
why mount the Radiator on AL bushings instead of rubber? that little bit of cushion might help prevent things cracking considering how heavy that sucker gets once its full of fluid.
He said he was gonna put rubber inserts in
Old 11-10-2007, 03:13 PM   #213
Oubre
Leaky Injector

Oubre is an unknown quantity at this point
I think my younger brother could fit in that intercooler. Haha, amazing work bushings look so crisppy.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:30 PM   #214
skippy k

skippy k is on a distinguished road
omg man. i think i came a little bit
Old 11-10-2007, 04:04 PM   #215
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
CursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyvia13 View Post
AGREED!
you the man MARINE!!

you can juggle a 18month baby girl, wife, job, car build and life!
HOLY SHIT YOU ROCK!!!

Your build will never be forgotten, you may not want to tell Sarg you got 1200 kids jerking off to you on the net! lol...you may be skinning taters for a while! lol...

KEEP IT UP!!! you will go far.

Good thing I am a Gunny, I only report to two guys and both of them are on board with it. Pretty cool when your bosses even let you take some time when needed.

WhitGLX - I will be using a rubber insulator around the aluminum bushing. I doubt things are so fragile, that they can be rattled into cracking though. The Bushings are only 1/4 of what will be used to hold that radiator in place.

Oh
Old 11-10-2007, 04:58 PM   #216
sillyvia13
BANNED

Trader Rating: (1)
sillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CursedGTR View Post
Good thing I am a Gunny, I only report to two guys and both of them are on board with it. Pretty cool when your bosses even let you take some time when needed.

WhitGLX - I will be using a rubber insulator around the aluminum bushing. I doubt things are so fragile, that they can be rattled into cracking though. The Bushings are only 1/4 of what will be used to hold that radiator in place.

Oh
HAHAHA THATS GREAT!!!
There give you work detail ON YOUR OWN CAR!!!
YOU TRUELY ARE THE MAN!!!
no doubt!
lol...Now I don't mind paying taxes!!1 it goes to sick projects like this!!!
lol.....
Peace Gunny!
~Russ
Old 11-17-2007, 09:21 AM   #217
a_ahmed
BANNED

a_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfection
heh this car is cool
Old 11-17-2007, 05:49 PM   #218
turtle m3th
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (41)
turtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy k View Post
omg man. i think i came a little bit
How does it feel knowing that you stimulate men with your handy work?! haha, just kidding, sorta............. keep up the great work man, can't wait to see this thing sprayed!
Old 11-18-2007, 06:13 AM   #219
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

CursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfection
Finally got the intercooler brackets sorted out and the body kit is pretty close to being at the point I want it to be at. Should be in Paint By Christmas time. Just have a couple more things I am waitng on John to finish and am still pondering FRP doors before it goes into paint as well. For all of you carbon panel fans, I am totally against carbon fiber doors, trunks and hoods because of bad experiences and cost.

The intercooler brackets bolt in with the tension rod brackets and everything lines up very nicely. I am finally satisfied that I probably have more than necessary to mount any intercooler.

Old 11-18-2007, 06:56 AM   #220
xpl2007
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (15)
xpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
So not done before Tokyo Auto in Jan?
Sick build!
I wanted to go out there in Jan....Maybe.

Old 11-18-2007, 12:59 PM   #221
diomedes
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
diomedes is a splendid one to beholddiomedes is a splendid one to beholddiomedes is a splendid one to beholddiomedes is a splendid one to beholddiomedes is a splendid one to beholddiomedes is a splendid one to beholddiomedes is a splendid one to beholddiomedes is a splendid one to beholddiomedes is a splendid one to beholddiomedes is a splendid one to beholddiomedes is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Nice build. Keep it up.
Can't wait to see the end results on this thing.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:15 PM   #222
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
i LIKE the way u seem to plan to change / modify the rear bumper. if im correct u gonna mod it for a Dual exhaust? (plz say yes)

Review Thread
Old 11-18-2007, 03:07 PM   #223
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bardabe View Post
i LIKE the way u seem to plan to change / modify the rear bumper. if im correct u gonna mod it for a Dual exhaust? (plz say yes)
Yes, I plan to make it flat with no exhaust arch. Then make a Bezel for dual pipes to exit through.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:13 PM   #224
nissan240sxkid
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
nissan240sxkid will become famous soon enoughnissan240sxkid will become famous soon enoughnissan240sxkid will become famous soon enoughnissan240sxkid will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
hey I just wanted to ask you why you are using 1000cc injectors on a setup that would need twice as much fuel. I have a 35r on my sr with 1000cc injectors and Im having problems with fuel at around 630-40 hp. I will be going with 1600cc. Although I thought it was an flow differance in the injector tolerances but my girl friend has the same issue with the 1000ccc rc engineering injectors she uses at 26-29 lb she has an unstable fuel rate. What are you using to tune thae car? And yes your motor is beautiful....
Oh and I saw the teflon tape.. use the teflon paste it works better.

also I have had a 6in core trust ftmic on a R33 on a single turbo HKS T04Z it made over 700whp although I hated the fmic I would like to know if you get better response with your twins? I stepped into a 3.5 or 4in core and got 700rpms faster spool up time with no heat differance or at least the date I was logging didnt change.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:44 PM   #225
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan240sxkid View Post
hey I just wanted to ask you why you are using 1000cc injectors on a setup that would need twice as much fuel. I have a 35r on my sr with 1000cc injectors and Im having problems with fuel at around 630-40 hp. I will be going with 1600cc. Although I thought it was an flow differance in the injector tolerances but my girl friend has the same issue with the 1000ccc rc engineering injectors she uses at 26-29 lb she has an unstable fuel rate. What are you using to tune thae car? And yes your motor is beautiful....
Oh and I saw the teflon tape.. use the teflon paste it works better.

also I have had a 6in core trust ftmic on a R33 on a single turbo HKS T04Z it made over 700whp although I hated the fmic I would like to know if you get better response with your twins? I stepped into a 3.5 or 4in core and got 700rpms faster spool up time with no heat differance or at least the date I was logging didnt change.
1,000cc injectors will be just fine on an RB26 Unless you are talking RB to RB you are talking apples and oranges in this category. I know a motor is a motor but the characteristics of these motors are quite a bit different. If you tune an RB to 900 HP with my como and you are not getting enough fuel, you might want to check your skills on the lap top. As this thread goes on, I will show things like fuel systems and all of that jazz quite a bit in depth but for now, I will just say that you are wrong and we can agree to disagree.

I thought about the whole 1600cc injector thing and even running dual fuel rails, but if Tomei (ran 1100 PS on two fuel rails feeding 6 550cc injectors each), Speed Factory (Tuning Shop Here in Okinawa), C&Y Sports, and a few other shops I know of can pull consistent power with 1,000cc injectors, I am pretty sure I will as well. One thing I have noticed with all of my friends and their SR's they run injector and Turbo combinations that I would never even think about running, yet they pull good power. I however, do not need anything above 1,000cc right now and I am sure my tune will be just fine.

Teflon Tape will be gone all together. I didn't like how that manifold came out so I will be doing a new one with everything welded on vice tapped. I have already given that one away. Teflon paste would be great over here if I could find it, or could read enough japanese to find it in the local shops. All I really know how to read is Chicken and turbo. So I know where to buy car parts and eat, that is about all I need right there isn't it??

The intercooler - We shall see, There is a huge difference between a T04Z and Twin GT3040's, I would venture to say my experiences will most likely be a tad bit different from yours.

Tuning - Have no clue on which computer yet but I am thinking, Motec M800, Autronic SM4, Haltech E11, Electromotive TEC GT. We will see what happens when it comes time to buy a computer.

Definitie no fucking way am I wiring that into my car computers - Power FC, FCON of any variety, E-Manage, Megasquirt, AEM, pretty much anything that would use the stock harness is a non starter.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:51 PM   #226
SoloSilvia
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (36)
SoloSilvia has much to be proud ofSoloSilvia has much to be proud ofSoloSilvia has much to be proud ofSoloSilvia has much to be proud ofSoloSilvia has much to be proud ofSoloSilvia has much to be proud ofSoloSilvia has much to be proud ofSoloSilvia has much to be proud ofSoloSilvia has much to be proud ofSoloSilvia has much to be proud ofSoloSilvia has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Many many Props to you sir!!! You make me wanna sell my car and start all over!!!! Very Impressive build, I cant wait to see this thing when finished!!!
Old 11-18-2007, 05:05 PM   #227
nissan240sxkid
Zilvia Member

nissan240sxkid will become famous soon enoughnissan240sxkid will become famous soon enoughnissan240sxkid will become famous soon enoughnissan240sxkid will become famous soon enough
are you able to get the defi super sports cluster out there, but the stack is nice too.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:13 PM   #228
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
are you able to get the defi super sports cluster out there, but the stack is nice too.
No... There are only 25 shops allowed to sell it here in japan and you have to have it installed by them if you want the system, there are no authorized dealers here in Okinawa.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:14 PM   #229
nissan240sxkid
Zilvia Member

I stand corrected on the the injectors wasnt thinking about 4 cylinder uses fuel diff then 6. yes the turbos are diff and if 900 hp is ball park limit of injectors what ia a hp figure for you? and you are right with the ecu, I run aem on my and girls evo and we both dont realy like it I want to see how you will do if you do motec and she wants to do hks f con. Its nice to see a person that knows stuff on forum. Please dont take any thing I said the wrong way it just lets everyone learn. Thanks Will
Old 11-18-2007, 05:23 PM   #230
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
I stand corrected on the the injectors wasnt thinking about 4 cylinder uses fuel diff then 6. yes the turbos are diff and if 900 hp is ball park limit of injectors what ia a hp figure for you? and you are right with the ecu, I run aem on my and girls evo and we both dont realy like it I want to see how you will do if you do motec and she wants to do hks f con. Its nice to see a person that knows stuff on forum. Please dont take any thing I said the wrong way it just lets everyone learn. Thanks Will
My goal HP is right around 900-950 ish, I am very interested to see what happens with whatever computer I go with.

I didn't take anything you said (or rather typed) in any other way than someone else asking questions, I would rather respond to a post like yours, than someone that asks me something like the technical difference between my tail lights and the stock ones or something crazy like that.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:34 PM   #231
nissan240sxkid
Zilvia Member

so is JUN going to feature you as a lemon car that would be cool. I wish you luck with the massive sponsers you get. Also how are you dealing with brakes on your car, carbon maybe. I have an ATS tripple carbon clutch in my car and when it heats up its great loves clutch kicking lol. So Im guessing you will heat them up enough going that fast so is that something you thought about? I have the wilwood 13in all around still on booster but since I dont plan on doing to much more street driving I was going to a direct pedal setup because still not happy. What is thoughts on brake systems?
Old 11-18-2007, 05:36 PM   #232
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
wow, this should be a model template for any and every build thread, take notes lads, this man knows what he's doing. keep up the dope work man
not sure if you realize this

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

age 33 and you dont know your ass from your elbow

Old 11-18-2007, 05:42 PM   #233
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
so is JUN going to feature you as a lemon car that would be cool. I wish you luck with the massive sponsers you get. Also how are you dealing with brakes on your car, carbon maybe. I have an ATS tripple carbon clutch in my car and when it heats up its great loves clutch kicking lol. So Im guessing you will heat them up enough going that fast so is that something you thought about? I have the wilwood 13in all around still on booster but since I dont plan on doing to much more street driving I was going to a direct pedal setup because still not happy. What is thoughts on brake systems?

For Now I have a Rotora 6 POT (355mm Rotors) Set up for the Front and 4 POt (330mm rotors) for the rear. I will use their Rotors and some good pads. A tilton Floor mount pedal set up (The wilwood over hung didn't fit right) and a balance bar and Bias know set up. I will use brake Pressure sensors int he front and rear lines to ensure I am getting the proper brake bias split and we should be good. If that little plan fails we will reapproach it from a different direction.

I wish I had sponsors sometimes, but I think this one will remain a personal affair and maybe when I build another one, I go for sponsors on that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punxva View Post
wow, this should be a model template for any and every build thread, take notes lads, this man knows what he's doing. keep up the dope work man
Thanks Alot!!!
Old 11-18-2007, 05:47 PM   #234
xpl2007
Zilvia FREAK!

xpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfection
Hey do you really need that much HP? That Mines Skyline is like what 550whp and is sick... ?? I thought everyone was doing v-8tt swaps out there now? Sick build i like. I wish we could rent places like that out here thats why i love Japan sick!!!
Tokyo Auto salon here i come...

Old 11-18-2007, 05:53 PM   #235
nissan240sxkid
Zilvia Member

you can never have to much power

Im on track to catch my friends 950 whp evo so any one have a 42r they would trade for a 35r and some cash?

Good luck on your build doesnt look like you need it though. Great info, thats what forums should be about. I want to sleep with your motor LOL
Old 11-18-2007, 06:04 PM   #236
20 til 3
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
amazing work.. most people just make crappy little 1/8 aluminum brackets using scrap metal laying around... but your doing things right... i assume you have your own cnc setup...or work for a place who does?... i know how spendy it can be when getting small things like that made... but yeah

you dont cut any corners... great job on the build.. cant wait to see the final product...

oh... and now, when i think of s15... i think of your car
Old 11-18-2007, 06:16 PM   #237
nissan240sxkid
Zilvia Member

I have another question what do you think about itb compared to regular plenum?
Old 11-18-2007, 07:03 PM   #238
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
I have another question what do you think about itb compared to regular plenum?
I like them both, but for different reasons.

ITB's - Definitely good for track work (of course I am only referring to the RB26 right now), great throttle response and easily tuned for upper levels of power by getting bigger ones or running larger surge tanks. But the ones that I had on my GTR were stock with the Greddy surge tank, work out great for drag racing but not so good for throttle response. For the throttle response thing I would stick with stock (even though it has that little problem with leaning out the 6th cylinder) or the Nismo Surge Tank. The only thing that I really despise about the ITB's is making sure all of the adjustment rods are correct and not at different lengths, sometimes that can be a PITA.

Single Throttle - Good for top end shit on RB26's but not as responsive as the stock ITB set up, but definitely the way to go if you are going high revolutions and not exactly looking for response (liike high speed or drag racing where you will launch at high RPM), on a circuit I would be ITB's all day and a bit less than 950HP, I would be more in the 600 range.

All of this is just from my Opinion and experience so some may disagree with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 til 3 View Post
amazing work.. most people just make crappy little 1/8 aluminum brackets using scrap metal laying around... but your doing things right... i assume you have your own cnc setup...or work for a place who does?... i know how spendy it can be when getting small things like that made... but yeah

you dont cut any corners... great job on the build.. cant wait to see the final product...

oh... and now, when i think of s15... i think of your car
I use an American Machine Shop over here (Sobe Power and Speed)and the guy is pretty good at visualizing what it is I want him to do for me. Really great work all around all the time. I basically come up with an idea, make a template, take it to him, double check, correct if needed, get final product. When I go back to the states I will probably pick up some of my own gear and spend time just making cool shit. Maybe a while down the road I might open up a shop if I can find an entire staff that has Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:00 PM   #239
xpl2007
Zilvia FREAK!

Well you have some skills. Hope you make military a retirement. But damb make some fat cash doing this for others.. And you dont have a shop. I only see Top Secrete, Mines, HKS, and hand full of others kinda building things like this. SICK!!! Open a shop after this and bet millions will come...

Old 11-18-2007, 11:00 PM   #240
B Love
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
B Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Dude Is say get the Haltech. and 950 hp is just fine Wangan FTMFW. except gas prices suck and you gotta pay toll fees over there huh. Dude Jeff no one has the money to build stuff like this. you know all these kids want the cheapest sr swap they can find haha.
Closed Thread