Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 05-08-2013, 01:30 PM   #211
STEVES14
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
STEVES14 is making his/her stupidity well-knownSTEVES14 is making his/her stupidity well-knownSTEVES14 is making his/her stupidity well-knownSTEVES14 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to STEVES14
not to thread jack but i have a sr20det complete short and a VE head if anyone is introstead
email me [email protected]

nice build bro ive been following your build form the start!!!
STEVES14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2013, 02:28 PM   #212
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVES14 View Post
not to thread jack but i have a sr20det complete short and a VE head if anyone is introstead

I appreciate the kind words, but I do not appreciate the forsale add you've made in my build... Please remove your shameless plug, thanks.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:48 PM   #213
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

Mikester is a well-known jackass
^^Wow... No shame in that guy's game lol.

Dude, wiring is a mofo- especially the kind of stuff you are doing... I hope you never intend to sell this car man. Glad to see you found some time... and I agree- it's a PITA trying to figure out where you left off on everything when there are weeks/months between stints of work... Had same types of issues having to put mine on the back burner so much. Looks like you're on the downhill, so that's good... When do you hope to crank her>?
Old 05-09-2013, 09:46 AM   #214
bc.
Zilvia Addict

bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVES14 View Post

Introstead ≠ interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
I appreciate the kind words, but I do not appreciate the forsale add you've made in my build... Please remove your shameless plug, thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikester View Post
^^Wow... No shame in that guy's game lol.
He's Greek guys, he really needs to sell this head of his so his country can stay afloat. They need every they can get.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:46 PM   #215
jr_ss
Post Whore!

jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
I finally got the harness cleaned up and organized enough to run it in the car. I have everything routed where it needs to go. I started looming the engine bay side of things once I had it in the car. It's slow going because I have to depin every connector to get the loom and the heat shrink on. I have a long way to go, but it's turning out decent. I've learned a few to-do's and not to-do's. I also ordered some more Raychem adhesive lined heat shrink and some 3/8 braided expandable loom(I had everything but that size) to finish the job.

I also took the opportunity to throw the German glass headlights into the car and make the appropriate harness connector change to run the high beams. I think I'd like to get ahold of a Euro car harness so I could integrate the auto levelers, but that's down the road.

Yes, I know the bulbs are blue, no they will not stay that way...

As always, thanks for looking...
Old 05-12-2013, 06:54 PM   #216
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Man those German headlights are boss. Makes your corner lights look like poo. Will you be tinting the corners amber? I think that is a nice look for the Zenki. Good work as always sir.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:30 PM   #217
yomisiu
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
yomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
you should make an EDM/JDM (assuming they're the same) high beam write up, if you have the time.

it'll undoubtedly help loads of people. i'd love to get my high's functioning but dont have the knowledge.
yomisiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:23 PM   #218
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
Man those German headlights are boss. Makes your corner lights look like poo. Will you be tinting the corners amber? I think that is a nice look for the Zenki. Good work as always sir.
I'll have to do something. I do like the look of the amber corners, but only on certain color cars. Unfortunately, Ruby Pearl is not one of them and I will not buy those cheesy clear corner lights. Thank you sir, the Two-tone looks nice as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomisiu View Post
you should make an EDM/JDM (assuming they're the same) high beam write up, if you have the time.

it'll undoubtedly help loads of people. i'd love to get my high's functioning but dont have the knowledge.
After I finish the wiring and I can throw a battery in to make sure everything works I'll make a quick how to.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:28 PM   #219
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
I am not sure if you mentioned but what kind of coilpacks are you using?
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:42 PM   #220
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_style View Post
I am not sure if you mentioned but what kind of coilpacks are you using?
I'm using AEM pencil coils as the sparkplug holes in the head are much smaller on the VE head than the DE/DET heads.

I've pretty much finished up the harness. Just some odds and ends, securing and finalizing/testing it. I have re-run it through the front half of the car and anchored it where I saw fit. I made sure it had extra protection from chaffing in the areas it was up against something. I also made sure that it had plenty of flex where it could/would move(i.e. steering column area).

After all was said and done, I've learned quite a bit. There are a few things I would do differently and other things I wont/dont want to do again(harness relocation/wire deletion). It is not by any means a professional job, but I think it's a decent job for an amature.

The headlight, signal, and marker wires all follow the factory path through the engine bay. It's tucked up and away from any moving items and honestly, if you didn't know where it ran you'd never know it was there. I retained the factory grounding points on both sides of the radiator as well.

Even though my car isn't super low, I did move the harness up to the outside of the rail in the fender well so that there wasn't a chance I would rub through. I also utilized the factory rubber gromment to seal the elements out in that area. I need one small grommet to fill the hood cable hole, I'll go digging at the junk yard Saturday if I find the time.

There is still a crap load of items to finish up and it seems as if more items are accumulating than I can cross off. Oh well, I'll "Crackin on!" Thanks for looking as always...

Old 05-29-2013, 09:13 PM   #221
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Suprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I just want to come give that engine bay a great big hug.
Suprareal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:58 PM   #222
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suprareal View Post
I just want to come give that engine bay a great big hug.

A bro hug for sure!!!
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:11 AM   #223
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
I think its safe to say that this is my favorite build thread on this forum (as of right now). I'm pretty much going to be doing exactly what you are doing with the wiring harness. Most people despise wiring but for me its easily my favorite thing to do. Thanks for the nice pictures!
Old 05-30-2013, 01:21 AM   #224
blackmags91
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
blackmags91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Most people despise wiring but for me its easily my favorite thing to do.
You could make some money on the side with that attitude

AWESOME build man, this is my first time seeing this and its great. Mad jelly, hope to hear it some day
blackmags91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:41 PM   #225
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

That's some seriously great work... for an amateur that is hahahaha- I kid! I suppose we are our own worst critics... but in your case- ANYBODY would be happy with the job you are doing on her~

Looks badass... NOTHING beats new,fresh wiring/connectors on top of new & fresh everything else... SOOOO SEXY!

Following intently... stealing ideas
Old 05-30-2013, 05:09 PM   #226
KoukiMonsta
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
KoukiMonsta is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Wiring is superb!

eventually im gonna make another harness with the expanding mesh sleeve (opted for some good ole electric tape due to my amateur ways). Making your own harness is great for troubleshooting too. When something goes wrong you have a much better idea where to look since you did all the routing etc.

keep it up cant wait to see thing this fire up. mayb ill get mine back together..haha
Old 06-02-2013, 06:13 PM   #227
RedSled
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
RedSled is making his/her stupidity well-knownRedSled is making his/her stupidity well-knownRedSled is making his/her stupidity well-knownRedSled is making his/her stupidity well-knownRedSled is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
are you de-pinning the plugs or cutting and soldering back the plugs ,i'm planning on doing my harness but i'm still accumulating ideas on the easiest and safest way without any problems when its done.
RedSled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:29 AM   #228
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
I think its safe to say that this is my favorite build thread on this forum (as of right now). I'm pretty much going to be doing exactly what you are doing with the wiring harness. Most people despise wiring but for me its easily my favorite thing to do. Thanks for the nice pictures!
I'm not saying I hate it so to speak, it just sucked up more time than I anticipated. It's not the hardest thing to figure out, especially with the FSM, but I'm glad it's over. Thanks Steven

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmags91 View Post
AWESOME build man, this is my first time seeing this and its great. Mad jelly, hope to hear it some day
You and me both... Thanks for the kind words

Quote:
That's some seriously great work... for an amateur that is hahahaha- I kid! I suppose we are our own worst critics... but in your case- ANYBODY would be happy with the job you are doing on her~

Looks badass... NOTHING beats new,fresh wiring/connectors on top of new & fresh everything else... SOOOO SEXY!

Following intently... stealing ideas
Thanks Mike, I'm hoping both our builds come to a tire blazing finish sooner rather than later. I miss driving my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoukiMonsta View Post
Wiring is superb!

eventually im gonna make another harness with the expanding mesh sleeve (opted for some good ole electric tape due to my amateur ways). Making your own harness is great for troubleshooting too. When something goes wrong you have a much better idea where to look since you did all the routing etc.

keep it up cant wait to see thing this fire up. mayb ill get mine back together..haha
Plan to devote quite a bit of man hours into it, especially if it's your first time and you are unfamiliar with the factory wiring layout. Take a lot of pictures, label each wire and get intimate with the FSM electrical pages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSled View Post
are you de-pinning the plugs or cutting and soldering back the plugs ,i'm planning on doing my harness but i'm still accumulating ideas on the easiest and safest way without any problems when its done.
I depinned the majority of my wiring leads. Some of the wiring was cut and solder back together because the wires were simply too long or too short. I tried to keep the amount of solder joints down, but because of where I placed the fuse box, a lot of them had to be lengthed. Once you get the harness layed out and routed as you want. You'll need to depin them again to slide your loom/heat shrink on. Good luck and I hope you have a lot of patience.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:43 AM   #229
90S13
Leaky Injector

90S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
hey man quick question, on the wiring loom what was the typical sizes that you used? im having a tough time finding the smaller sized loom for the smaller harnesses locally, did you happen to buy them online or recommend a store that possibly stocks them?
90S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:50 AM   #230
KoukiMonsta
Nissanaholic!

KoukiMonsta is a well-known jackass
Must have had a few beers before that last post haha.

I completed my harness a few months ago, was saying I want to make yet another someday to improve on my first attempt. Tho I will say I'm happy (eniugh) with the results.

But that loom plus heat shrink ends is the titties.

Ps, after hearing the mazworx car at formula d pbir - holy crap that was the greatest sound I have ever heard, especially on rev limiter! Good lord it was awesome. So make yours make that sound! Good luck
Old 06-03-2013, 11:01 AM   #231
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90S13 View Post
hey man quick question, on the wiring loom what was the typical sizes that you used? im having a tough time finding the smaller sized loom for the smaller harnesses locally, did you happen to buy them online or recommend a store that possibly stocks them?
I purchased all my products on Amazon.com. I mainly used 1/4", 3/8", and 1/2". I did have quite a bit of 1/8" and a small amount of 3/4" though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoukiMonsta View Post
Must have had a few beers before that last post haha.

I completed my harness a few months ago, was saying I want to make yet another someday to improve on my first attempt. Tho I will say I'm happy (eniugh) with the results.

But that loom plus heat shrink ends is the titties.

Ps, after hearing the mazworx car at formula d pbir - holy crap that was the greatest sound I have ever heard, especially on rev limiter! Good lord it was awesome. So make yours make that sound! Good luck
Haha, no worries man. I'm looking forward to mine making beautiful orgasmic sounds....

....One day lol
Old 06-03-2013, 03:57 PM   #232
ultimateirving
Zilvia FREAK!

ultimateirving is an unknown quantity at this point
Great build thread JR, just read thru the whole thing and have always been interested in the VVL swap.Great to see the time and attention to detail that you took.
Well Done!
Old 06-04-2013, 08:16 AM   #233
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Such a great attention to all the various small details. I love what you've done so far!
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:40 AM   #234
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimateirving View Post
Great build thread JR, just read thru the whole thing and have always been interested in the VVL swap.Great to see the time and attention to detail that you took.
Well Done!
Thank you sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
Such a great attention to all the various small details. I love what you've done so far!
I could've been a bit more anal about somethings, but you'd never see it so what's the point? Thanks Tricky!

I've done some more behind the scene things on the car that no one will see. Down in the rocker panels there was some rust. It wasnt bad, but there was some flaking. I wire brushed and chipped loose what I could, then I POR15'd the entire area. I'm hoping it'll be enough to prevent it from turning my car into a cancer patient. My car was originally a Northern car and the sunroof drains enter that area as well so we'll see. From what I can tell these are the only area of "visible" rust on the car, so ill get them taken care of in the future if need be.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:54 AM   #235
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Progress, progress, progress... I've started putting the interior back together now that the wiring is complete. I've cleaned most items that have gone back in, although there is some more cleaning to do. I'd like to steam clean the carpets before I put the remainder of the interior back in. I need to modify my R32 passenger seat mount for the 4th mounting point, which I'll do when I get an idea of what needs to be done. I still need to purchase a battery and do a test run on all the lights(will be done this week). I'm getting closer to finishing the car, I'm excited and I'm hoping it'll be done by summer's end(think that's quite generous since FL summers last until Oct, ha-ha).

Horrible shot of the driver's side POR15'd area(down in the void). I replicated this on the passenger's side as well.

Harness finished up and secured into position.

Rear plastics and seats reinstalled.

Dash and surrounding plastics back in. I change my light bulbs on the dash out for some Sylvania bright white bulbs($5bucks a piece, they better be bright).

A shot of my power wire coming through the bulkhead. This piece has a stud on each side and composite plastic surrounding it for mounting to metals and other conductive materials. Much better than having it snake all throughout the car to end up at the starter/alternator. It pokes out up behind my blower motor away from hands/feet/toes.

Custom bracket I fab'd up out of aluminum for my MAP and Defi boost sensor.

And lastly a better shot of the German headlights, I feel the last pictures didn't do it justice with the flash.

As always, thanks for looking. Stay posted as I'm making my way down to the end.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:06 AM   #236
Twinkies!
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Twinkies! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Just wow the work you did with the harness is nasty (in a good way) really loving this build, real glad you kept with it and are now finishing, can't wait to see this done! Keep it up
Twinkies! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:47 PM   #237
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

Dude- how excited are ya??? Just a week or two ago as you know, I was piecing the interior back together & putting some final touches into it before that first start... If you're feeling anything like I did after all those all-nighters; you will probably be absolutely overjoyed the first time you get to turn the key and hear her start to breathe for the first time in what seems like an eternity!

This thing is already a sexy beast just sitting there lol... and it's all those details you took care of deep down where nobody sees that will give her the longevity to last another several decades... So stoked for you, Glenn- can't wait to hear her purring~
Old 06-19-2013, 09:11 PM   #238
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkies! View Post
Just wow the work you did with the harness is nasty (in a good way) really loving this build, real glad you kept with it and are now finishing, can't wait to see this done! Keep it up
Thanks man! There's more to it than just the photo's I've posted, that's for sure...

Quote:
Dude- how excited are ya??? Just a week or two ago as you know, I was piecing the interior back together & putting some final touches into it before that first start... If you're feeling anything like I did after all those all-nighters; you will probably be absolutely overjoyed the first time you get to turn the key and hear her start to breathe for the first time in what seems like an eternity!

This thing is already a sexy beast just sitting there lol... and it's all those details you took care of deep down where nobody sees that will give her the longevity to last another several decades... So stoked for you, Glenn- can't wait to hear her purring~
In all honesty, I'm pretty freakin excited. I'm looking forward to the car moving under it's own power soon. It still seems like it's a long way out though. Thanks Mike, I'm sure you're as stoked for me, as I was for you, when you posted up the video's of it running.

So, I've been sitting on some Brembo rear drilled rotors for awhile. I've been too busy with other areas of the car, so they were put on the back burner. The other night I had the ass end of the car jacked up to bolt the driveshaft to the pinion flange and other reasons, so I decided to pull the rear wheels and change my rusted to shit rotors out for some shiny freshness.

From this...

To this...

And the wheel reinstalled...

The main reason for the rear end put in the air was to swap out the speed sensor in the trans. When I originally purchased my RS5R30A(Z32) transmission, the VSS wires had been cut extremely short and made it difficult to wire up. I could've left it alone, it worked how I had it, but it was hacked together in my opinion, so I opted to swap it out with a new unit. The new sensor has a 2ft lead and connector installed from the factory which I needed to plug into my ChaseBays harness inorder for the speedo and reverse lights to work. Well, I went to pull the speed out and it was quite difficult. I figured lack of fluids sloshing around(fresh rebuilt trans mind you) it was stuck, but nothing a little prying wouldn't cure. Boy was I wrong. I'm not sure what happened but it was STUCK. I ended up using a crowbar and heat to get the damn thing out. This was the destruction that ensued.

Speed sensor, notice how marred up it is...

And this is what a slipping crowbar and the heat shield do to one's finger...

The cut is pretty deep, although it doesn't appear to be in the photo's. I'd give it a good 1/8" deep right next to the nail. With it being a "flap" there's no medical treatment(they do not stitch skin flaps) except to keep it clean and let it heal on it's own.

So this evening I had one goal in mind and that was to steam clean my carpet in the car. I've owned the car since 05' and I have never once cleaned it. I couldn't tell you if the previous owner(One owner older lady) did, but what I can tell you is she drank coffee, hot chocolate, and/or Coke...

This was what I sucked out of my S14's carpet. I honestly couldn't tell this was in the carpet in the areas it was pulled out except for one noticeable spot, which happened to be next to the trans tunnel under the passenger seat.

Anyway, it's all clean and looks the part...

Tomorrow I'm going to pick up a battery and test the lighting(hopefully) and continue "chomping away at the bit". As always, thanks for looking.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:02 AM   #239
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
ka-titties is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
looks like tasty chocolate milk
ka-titties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:22 PM   #240
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post

The main reason for the rear end put in the air was to swap out the speed sensor in the trans. When I originally purchased my RS5R30A(Z32) transmission, the VSS wires had been cut extremely short and made it difficult to wire up. I could've left it alone, it worked how I had it, but it was hacked together in my opinion, so I opted to swap it out with a new unit. The new sensor has a 2ft lead and connector installed from the factory which I needed to plug into my ChaseBays harness inorder for the speedo and reverse lights to work. Well, I went to pull the speed out and it was quite difficult. I figured lack of fluids sloshing around(fresh rebuilt trans mind you) it was stuck, but nothing a little prying wouldn't cure. Boy was I wrong. I'm not sure what happened but it was STUCK. I ended up using a crowbar and heat to get the damn thing out. This was the destruction that ensued.

Speed sensor, notice how marred up it is...

Tomorrow I'm going to pick up a battery and test the lighting(hopefully) and continue "chomping away at the bit". As always, thanks for looking.

LOL Speed sensor BS seems to be the trend these days Dude- that bugger was IN THERE huh? Holy crap!

I hacked my knuckle up bigger than shit when a wrench slipped and sliced the piss out of me thanks to my BMC heat shield... bled for 2.5 days before finally healing enough to stop; then another 4-5 days before it stopped hurting every time I worked on the car...

Anyway, I wonder if it may be worth it to you to put a coat of Rustoleum around the top-hat portion of the new rotors... I did it to mine back in 2009 (long before I ever installed them) and they are still in great shape...

Also, I put nice coats of grease between the rotors & hubs; and the wheel & rotors so getting everything apart will be easy.... Only reason I bring this up is that even on a non-DD, the centers of your rotors will still flash-rust over time & look like ass... Not very becoming of a beauty like your baby here=)

OH, one last thing: If you ever want a new molded carpet for the cabin, visit here . The lady that runs it was super-cool when I called; their prices are lower than everyone else's for the exact same stuff... I ended up getting the Essex carpet (Same shit as Vettes, Caddies etc)... Beautiful quality, 40% more fiber than std cutpile and was great for keeping it quiet in there...

Obviously, you just spent mucho tiempo cleaning the one you have and getting her back together... but maybe something for you to refer back to in the future.

Loving your build as usual man... Going downstairs to reverse the polarity of my own VSS signal now; thanks to this BAMF I met on a car forum