Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 09-28-2008, 09:32 AM   #211
turbo_dreams
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
turbo_dreams is making a name for him/her selfturbo_dreams is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Just spent my sunday morning dedicated to finishing my english paper, reading this. +1

www.tm-spl.com
Kouki's & some apple juice.
turbo_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2008, 05:31 PM   #212
jon_mr2
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Trader Rating: (4)
jon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Ok.. its been a while since ive been inside the car. Decided to make the headliner fit the japanese manual seatbelt conversion trims. So heres the new trim with the stock headliner. Didnt really find any write-ups or anything on what to do about it. Im assuming people just replace it with the japanese headliner, or just reapply new headliner material and let the rest hang below the trim... which i think would look gross.

Thats a pretty big gap, so heres what i did. First i made a cardboard cutout to fill the gap.

Then used some 3m spray on adhesive and mold the cardboard to the material and gap.

Then i took the old headliner material and just layed it over the cardboard just to get a flatter surface.

Next i will go and purchase some headliner material and thin foam stuff to lay over before the headliner material, hopefully to get the smoothest look possible.
jon_mr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 12:43 AM   #213
derek_s13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
derek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to derek_s13
cool shit.

what are the square holes in the a-pillar? oh shit handle? do you have a handle? i didn't realize EVERY jdm silvia had the pass. side handles.
derek_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 05:18 PM   #214
BC S14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
BC S14 has made poor choicesBC S14 has made poor choicesBC S14 has made poor choicesBC S14 has made poor choicesBC S14 has made poor choicesBC S14 has made poor choicesBC S14 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It's good to see another one go to a good home. Good luck!

Formally girl's n sil's
BC S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 08:04 PM   #215
jon_mr2

jon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by derek_s13 View Post
cool shit.

what are the square holes in the a-pillar? oh shit handle? do you have a handle? i didn't realize EVERY jdm silvia had the pass. side handles.
Yup. oh shit handle... i have it somewhere, lol.

Well, heres what i did today. Worked on fitting the not-so-well-fitted aftermarket carpet. I swear i never want to do this again, i could not get it to fit well without having to do the innevitable... spray on adhesive. I figure if i need to ill just rip it off and re-apply adhesive again. And got all the holes cut.

Anyways, i just got the driver side pretty much finished... need to go buy more adhesive.

Also cleaned up the ac compressor, it was covered in grease. Everything seems to be alright, clutch seems to grab with pressure and compressor spins without noise or grinding.

Old 10-06-2008, 06:49 AM   #216
gregfarz78
Zilvia Member

gregfarz78 is on a distinguished road
Great work on the headliner! You can buy headliner material at a fabric store it should come foam backed already, and get some super 90 to attach it. Not to thread jack but heres mine refinished

Where did you get your carpet from? It looks exactly like mine. I just got mine it fit pretty good but like you said its not perfect I guess no aftermarket is going to be but it looks 100x better than old beat up OEM carpet
gregfarz78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 04:04 AM   #217
jon_mr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregfarz78 View Post
Great work on the headliner! You can buy headliner material at a fabric store it should come foam backed already, and get some super 90 to attach it. Not to thread jack but heres mine refinished

Where did you get your carpet from? It looks exactly like mine. I just got mine it fit pretty good but like you said its not perfect I guess no aftermarket is going to be but it looks 100x better than old beat up OEM carpet
Thats a nice headliner you got their... But yeah, the carpet, I got it from some online site, I really cant remember it was so long ago, lol. I remember shipping was a pretty penny as well. Its no OEM fitment, but yes, like you said it does look a lot better than old beat up carpet. And that black really looks nice, but I think i am going to go with a tan colored one, lighten things up a little.

So many things to do on this car, and I dont have enough time or money to do it all at once. I really want to finish by the end of this year, it really would be nice. I guess, its a goal to strive for :P
Old 10-11-2008, 09:48 AM   #218
Hawaiian240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (17)
Hawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
s13 Home Bound!

Sup Cuz!! We will be there next Friday brah!!

Car looks AWESOME!

Can't wait to see THE PROJECT! Check your PM!
Hawaiian240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 09:53 AM   #219
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
lookin good lookin clean =]
Old 10-11-2008, 10:00 AM   #220
Hawaiian240
Zilvia Junkie

Hawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud of
s13

If you need anything from here thats not too heavy(airlines charge an a$$ ton for overweight luggage), just PM or call me!! We have GSC motorsports here in Charleston, SC, so I may be able to get some stuff from them.

THE FIRST THING I AM GOING TO DO IS BUY A POUND OF TAKO POKE FROM KTA AND EAT IT ALL!!
Kden
Kev
Hawaiian240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 08:21 PM   #221
atutt
Zilvia Addict

atutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond repute
lol, Damn... I shoulda sent you a Canadian headliner... We never had the le ghey auto belts equiped here....

Looks good though.
atutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 08:33 PM   #222
nismo 240sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
nismo 240sx has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
wow impressing!!! good luck
nismo 240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 10:23 PM   #223
jon_mr2

Hah, thanks guys for the comments.

Well today i tried again at the carpet, im planning on finishing it tommorow at the latest. Also, started making a spacer for the alternator bracket, it was going smooth until the drill bit broke in the metal... now its even harder to drill through. Other than that today i retrofitted a mazda 6 LED third brake light into the car, lol.

So heres the mazda 6 one compared to the 240sx housings

Yay, LEDs already set up to go

240sx Housing had been burnt through due to the old bulbs being melted down

Did a lot of cutting and just using a soldering iron to melt the plastics together. and then i wired it so i could use the stock connector.

Heres the final product, pics really dont do it justice

Old 10-11-2008, 10:29 PM   #224
atutt
Zilvia Addict

atutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond repute
^I'm really digging the 3rd brake light retro fit...
atutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 09:02 PM   #225
jon_mr2

man... that carpet really pissed me off. lol. i started to give up and just cutting and pasting, all over. oh well, most of the carpets not going to be seen anyways, so who gives... yeah... well, it really looks worst in person than on the camera... i guess in a way thats ok. hah!

I really need to get this thing done with, its taking up garage space...

Old 10-12-2008, 10:40 PM   #226
Char
Leaky Injector

Char is an unknown quantity at this point
Is your car sitting on wooden stands? haha
Char is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 11:49 PM   #227
jon_mr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char View Post
Is your car sitting on wooden stands? haha
as a matter of fact, yes... its actually on wooden benches, lol. I needed the car higher than the jacks could go so this was the best i could find at the time. i wish i had a rotisserie (sp?), or if i had time and materials to make my own that would be great. Being that im here in hawaii i think i would have to make my own anyways.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:06 PM   #228
jon_mr2

okay, so this weekend i had to organize things, i had all kines of stuff going on in the garage lately... it was a mess.

so once that was done, i really want to get the dash back on, so i pulled the evap core, one of the last things ill need to replace under the dash. it really is gross, not used to the older cars without a filter. found some bugs, leaves, all kines stuff. but i gotta replace it because i dont think it connects with the newer style ac lines... im just hoping the air con box didnt have a change and stuff like that... if not, i guess i could make some modification to make it work.

i also gotta make the holes for the radiator support, so i test fitted the radiator and it fits pretty well. maybe next weekend ill weld the brackets in and drill some holes. i might also weld supports for the tension rod brackets and lower control arms.

also, feeling kind of dumb because i wasted paint using spray can to paint the engine bay. im going to go back and do a 2 stage on the engine bay, underbody of vehicle, and trunk.

and lastly, looks like im going to be getting some wheels/tires... so project might be a little longer than expected due to spending all my money on these, lol...
Old 10-19-2008, 08:43 PM   #229
wisDOMination
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
wisDOMination is a jewel in the roughwisDOMination is a jewel in the roughwisDOMination is a jewel in the roughwisDOMination is a jewel in the roughwisDOMination is a jewel in the roughwisDOMination is a jewel in the roughwisDOMination is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_mr2 View Post
as a matter of fact, yes... its actually on wooden benches, lol. I needed the car higher than the jacks could go so this was the best i could find at the time. i wish i had a rotisserie (sp?), or if i had time and materials to make my own that would be great. Being that im here in hawaii i think i would have to make my own anyways.
should go to checkers or something and buy 2 engine stands to use as a rotisserie
thinking of doing that when i get my hands on another shell
nice work by the way, really lovin it
too bad im on oahu, woulda been great to see this thing in person
wisDOMination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:00 PM   #230
spikNspan
Zilvia Junkie

spikNspan has a spectacular aura aboutspikNspan has a spectacular aura aboutspikNspan has a spectacular aura aboutspikNspan has a spectacular aura aboutspikNspan has a spectacular aura aboutspikNspan has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to spikNspan
keep up the great work dude, you've made awesome progress so far.

spikNspan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:56 AM   #231
jon_mr2

okay, saturday i did nothing all day. was being lazy...

so today, i figured id make up for it, lol.

today i finally cut some metal and welded that front tension rod brace stuff. came out alright.

grinded away more rust, cleaned up some welds and re-sanded the whole engine bay and a little bit under the car. then prepped it with some grease/wax remover. primered the car, this time with the paint gun.

base coat, just some nissan black.

i like this pic

finally sprayed the clear... i had a hard time getting the settings good. although i wish i had more time, by the time i was getting done with the base coat, the sun was going down... found out later i missed some spots with the base (like behind the strut towers and under the front rad support and brace), but oh well... looks better than it did. so yeah, i sprayed the clear kinda thick, two coats. i wanted to spray more, but i couldnt see anymore so i stopped. i hope its enough so i dont wetsand through it.

next week ill wet sand and buff. got a new makita buffer
Old 10-27-2008, 04:58 AM   #232
1994Boy
Leaky Injector

1994Boy is making his/her stupidity well-known1994Boy is making his/her stupidity well-known1994Boy is making his/her stupidity well-known1994Boy is making his/her stupidity well-known
Man this car is coming along man.
1994Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 06:14 AM   #233
90KAcoupe
Zilvia Junkie

90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to 90KAcoupe
its looking gangster!!!! nice work.. but damn do these projects take long... ur doing a lot more then i did and it took me 1yr and 5weeks to finish mine.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:46 AM   #234
Fam0uZ
Leaky Injector

Fam0uZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Looking niceee... keep up the good work
Fam0uZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:59 AM   #235
Rbs13silVia
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Rbs13silVia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
where can i find a water pump pulley for my ka24de cuz im trying to run electric fans?
Rbs13silVia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:04 PM   #236
DUSANMANDIC
Leaky Injector

DUSANMANDIC is making a name for him/her selfDUSANMANDIC is making a name for him/her self
get in touch with mike at nst
DUSANMANDIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 09:21 PM   #237
jon_mr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90KAcoupe View Post
its looking gangster!!!! nice work.. but damn do these projects take long... ur doing a lot more then i did and it took me 1yr and 5weeks to finish mine.
thanks guys for the compliments.

but yeah man, these projects are time consuming... wish i had the car at home though, then i could work on it every day when i felt like it instead of having to drive back to my hometown and work on it during my weekends. i think im at about 1 year and 3 months maybe? haha, so long already...

also, just a quick question for you painters... i plan to do a few more coats of clear for the engine bay. how should i prep the surface of the old clear before i spray? do i have to wetsand to a uniform, unblemished surface? or can i lightly sand and scuff the surface, clean and paint? this has been my second time trying to paint, so yeah, any help would be appreciated!

thanks in advance!

Jon
Old 10-30-2008, 11:54 PM   #238
stinky_180
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
stinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to stinky_180
i give you mad props! i can't wait to finally see your car fully restored. keep up the good work and hang in there!
Old 10-31-2008, 06:39 AM   #239
C. Anderson
Zilvia Addict

C. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck on the buffing. It's going to be hard because of all the tight spaces.
C. Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 12:47 PM   #240
distance_boys

distance_boys is an unknown quantity at this point
man you worked so hard on your 240sx and its really good, i cant wait to see how it turns out like...i give you props and you did a really good job being patiences with it and doing everything good...well here is a short picture story of how my project 240sx is too...i hope you like it and good luck on your coupe, i cant wait to see...

distance_boys is offline   Reply With Quote