Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 08:08 PM   #211
yudalicious
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
yudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotmatt1189 View Post
^ boooooo. i HATE the wizards. i hate their un-classy-ness and their whole "lebron james is overrated" attitude. i hope the next game bron bron drops 50+.
How are they unclassy? The series has just been a really physical series, outside of that one Haywood foul there has been very physical play on both sides. If you haven't noticed, Celts/Hawks, Mavs/Hornets, etc. have all been very physical series. And the overrated thing, that was all Deshawn.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2008, 08:15 PM   #212
Xandy Boosts
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
Xandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Xandy Boosts
unclassy? This is the playoffs man, where all the shit talking begins. That's the greatest thing about playoffs and rivalries!
Old 04-30-2008, 08:16 PM   #213
yudalicious
Zilvia Addict

yudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xandy Boosts View Post
unclassy? This is the playoffs man, where all the shit talking begins. That's the greatest thing about playoffs and rivalries!
And people thought the NBA of today is physical.... wait til they see tapes from games in the 90s. now THOSE rivalries were real rivalries.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:43 PM   #214
Xandy Boosts
Zilvia FREAK!

Xandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Xandy Boosts
I remember Malone used to drive the lane with his elbows pointing out haha
Old 04-30-2008, 09:04 PM   #215
NiSmo240luvR
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
NiSmo240luvR is a splendid one to beholdNiSmo240luvR is a splendid one to beholdNiSmo240luvR is a splendid one to beholdNiSmo240luvR is a splendid one to beholdNiSmo240luvR is a splendid one to beholdNiSmo240luvR is a splendid one to beholdNiSmo240luvR is a splendid one to beholdNiSmo240luvR is a splendid one to beholdNiSmo240luvR is a splendid one to beholdNiSmo240luvR is a splendid one to beholdNiSmo240luvR is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
WOOT Wizards extend series to game 6 back in DC!
i was surprised as hell! i think if varejao didnt miss so many easy shots the 4th quarter would have went very differently. its been a decent series so far, im anxious to see how game 6 in DC goes. id like to see the cavs advance to the next round.

Quote:
I remember Malone used to drive the lane with his elbows pointing out haha
oh hell yea. in the 80's and 90's, games were ROUGH.
Old 05-01-2008, 01:14 AM   #216
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
jungle ball son. LEARN IT.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:22 AM   #217
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotmatt1189 View Post
^ boooooo. i HATE the wizards. i hate their un-classy-ness and their whole "lebron james is overrated" attitude. i hope the next game bron bron drops 50+.
One would need to come a little harder than that to be called "unclassy," seeing as how LeBron's jumpshot mechanics are still questionable, he stilll chokes free throws that matter and still seems to only have a passing interest in playing defense. Yet, it seems that everyone seems willing to ignore that because he is the next big thing. His game is far from complete and he will not win a finals in Cleveland until they get some real talent around him and he addresses those sore spots in his game.

And I write too!
Old 05-01-2008, 10:25 AM   #218
Rob's S14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Rob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Rob's S14
I don't need to watch tapes to remember the 90's, and they weren't even close to the 80's. The difference is imo, that there are less dirty plays. There are no more "Jordan rules" No star gets the kind of beating that he took. No more clotheslines on a regular basis. There are still the occasional excessive fouls but they get taken care of right away. The games get physical but are still under control.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:24 PM   #219
az_240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
az_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to az_240
I still cant believe some of these officials.... the suns/spurs series' are always terrible for that.
and then what nash pulls at the end... gawwwwd.... just no confidence at times.

Hornets better take care of SA for me....
Old 05-01-2008, 05:10 PM   #220
Rob's S14
Zilvia FREAK!

Rob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfection
Yeah the officials are why Phoenix lost...cmon dude, they just can't hang with SA. They made a bad trade that didn't help. Worse is that they've been consistently giving their picks away for the last 4-5 years to stay under the cap, that's the real reason why they haven't improved.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:05 PM   #221
OptionZero
Post Whore!

OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
suns fans are still whining about officials?

so what has to happen before they shut up? Maybe if Robert Horry won while playing them 1 on 5 next year...

...but that's assuming the Suns make the playoffs again.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:23 PM   #222
ziptiedae86
Premium Member

ziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfection
Looks like detroit will close out tonight, can't wait for all the games tomorrow!
Old 05-01-2008, 09:27 PM   #223
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Complaining about officiating is pointless. Because if the team that lost would have played better offense and scored more points or better defense and kept the other team from scoring, it really wouldn't have mattered if a few calls didn't go their way. Best way to deal with officiating, play better basketball. Period.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:50 PM   #224
Rob's S14
Zilvia FREAK!

Well said...except for the Dallas/Miami series. That was just too obvious. When basically everyone on tv/radio agrees on it, something is wrong.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:31 PM   #225
s14_legend
Zilvia FREAK!

s14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfection
i think this is how its gonna turn out

west - lakers vs.utah = lakers = LAKERS
spurs vs. hornets = spurs VS.
east- boston vs. cleveland = boston BOSTON
magic vs. pistons = pistons
Old 05-02-2008, 01:05 AM   #226
az_240
Post Whore!

az_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really nice
I never said it was the reason they lost.... But when both teams are playing good ball and the game is close you'd think the officials would be a little more careful about some of these calls. Some of them were clearly just bad calls sometimes even made up it seems in favor of the spurs and when its the same official making the calls I mean cmon It gets pretty obvious who hes rooting for...

Its sad the league lets things like that slip away... not much can be done about it....
Suns did embarass themselves a couple of times this series.... Just gotta gain confidence again, play better ball and make smarter decisions when it comes to trading players for next season. I cant wait to see what they are going to do as far as coaching goes...D'antoni needs to step up or get out....same with shaq

Either Boston OR Lakers are gona take it IMO... Hopefully Boston
Old 05-02-2008, 01:19 AM   #227
OptionZero
Post Whore!

OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
If you're mike D'antoni, why would you want to stay? Your fans and management are doubting you, your roster is aging, your cap is fucked, you have no first round draft picks in 2 of the next 3 years.

Go to Toronto with your buddy Bryan Coangelo. Chris Bosh, Jose Calderon, Jamario Moon await you. You'll have some 3p shooters again! (Bargnani, Parker, Kapono)
Old 05-02-2008, 01:27 AM   #228
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob's S14 View Post
Well said...except for the Dallas/Miami series. That was just too obvious. When basically everyone on tv/radio agrees on it, something is wrong.
What do you mean? In my mind it seems so long ago, and its late so I don't recall much of the series right now....
Old 05-02-2008, 02:12 AM   #229
yudalicious
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by az_240 View Post
I never said it was the reason they lost.... But when both teams are playing good ball and the game is close you'd think the officials would be a little more careful about some of these calls. Some of them were clearly just bad calls sometimes even made up it seems in favor of the spurs and when its the same official making the calls I mean cmon It gets pretty obvious who hes rooting for...

Its sad the league lets things like that slip away... not much can be done about it....
Why would the league or refs want the Spurs to win? Because they want to see the spurs in the finals again, so the finals can get the lowest number of viewers once again? Or maybe, is it because that there's bad calls both ways, and suns fans just remember all of them because the Suns consistently lose to a team that just executes better and smarter in crunch time? I wonder which is a more plausible explanation...

You're absolutely right that many of the games were very very close. The spurs just play better and smarter in those few possessions when the chips are down, when it counts.
Old 05-02-2008, 02:39 AM   #230
az_240
Post Whore!

do you not remember last season? The ref that was betting on games.... dont think he was the only one.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:34 AM   #231
yudalicious
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by az_240 View Post
do you not remember last season? The ref that was betting on games.... dont think he was the only one.
He, and if other refs are involved, reffed (and bet on) alot more games than just Suns/Spurs games. Doesn't it seem weird that the only fanbase that still has its panties in a knot about supposed biased officiating is the Suns fanbase?

But, to sympathize with you, I hated the move to suspend Amare/Diaw. Horrible basketball move. Could the Suns have won without the suspensions? Possibly. Do I personally think they would've? Based on SA's success against phoenix, no. To make matters worse, Stern suddenly decides to come to his senses and ditch the zero tolerance crap in favor of common sense when it comes to his Celtics. I sympathize with you in that I would like to see more consistency. Also, doesn't it bother anyone that the zero tolerance rule STILL exists, basically giving Stern and the NBA the right to use it when see fit and to abandon it when deemed not? If you're going to use common sense, get rid of the rule.

Like I said, I have a sneaky suspicion that the reason the Suns fans seem to remember so many "biased" calls is because they are almost always on the losing side to the same team. I've watched just about every Spurs/Suns game in the regular season and the playoffs for the past several years. Were there bad calls? Yes. Biased against the Suns? No.

Edit:
Since I feel weird for making a long rant without talking about the playoffs, here are my picks (objectivity aside):
Wiz over Cavs (since I love/currently reside in DC, and I'm intrigued by the side drama, I want to see a game 7)
Hawks over Celtics (again, game 7 would be nice, and I guess I'll cheer for my home team. Also nice to shut those loud Boston fans up, who were all but ready to crown Boston the champs when they haven't even won a playoff series yet.)
Rockets OVER the Jazz (I am an absolute Rockets fan. The Jazz are overrated, and I was guilty too of overrating them. They can't put away a team missing it's most efficient scorer and it's starting PG for the first 2 games, that's not gonna get it done in the playoffs.)
Old 05-02-2008, 05:45 AM   #232
yudalicious
Zilvia Addict

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...simmons/080501

Usually don't really like Simmons, but the guy has got it right about the Suns and their downfall.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:10 AM   #233
ziptiedae86
Premium Member

ziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfection
Nash finally became mortal and aged about 20 years in the last 2 mins of the series. As a Spurs fan, I respect the hell out of the guy. I hope he has gas in the tank for another season or two before he retires.

I would love to see the Hawks upset the Celtics run.
I can't bet against LBJ so I see the Cavs over the Wiz.
I love the Rox as well and hope to see them finally make it to the second round.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:35 PM   #234
az_240
Post Whore!

that article brings up some very good points.
Cant wait till next year to see what the suns will bring
Old 05-02-2008, 03:57 PM   #235
Gnnr
Post Whore!

As if you didn't see this coming, Jay-Z responds to DeShawn Stevenson

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv1-l1PoMcg[/ame]
Old 05-02-2008, 08:32 PM   #236
yudalicious
Zilvia Addict

I hope atl pulls this one out, absolutely hate how whiny the Boston fans are on realgm.com. A week ago they were saying sweep, meeting the lakers in the finals, championship, how great boston is blah blah blah. Now all they can do is whine and pout about the refs, citing the fact that Atlanta shoots way more FTs as evidence that the refs and the NBA are biased... I would love to see the hawks take a dump on their silly pride.

Edit: game 7 here we come. win or lose, this is already a victory for the young hawks.

Last edited by yudalicious; 05-02-2008 at 09:01 PM..
Old 05-02-2008, 09:18 PM   #237
kouki_s14
Zilvia FREAK!

kouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kouki_s14
wow, Game 7 for celtics

NO ONE saw this coming....
Old 05-02-2008, 09:25 PM   #238
OptionZero
Post Whore!

ridiculous! That's the ideal "new age" lineup...tons of long, athletic dudes with versatile skills. Don nelson's wet dream, except they don't too many 3's

Josh Smith, Josh Childress are RFA's, i wonder if ATL ownership will spring to keep both (instead of just smith)

They didn't even play that well down the stretch, too much clock-killing on offense and they didn't foul when they were up 3. Stupid coach.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:36 PM   #239
Gnnr
Post Whore!

This is pathetic for Boston.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:38 PM   #240
yudalicious
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
ridiculous! That's the ideal "new age" lineup...tons of long, athletic dudes with versatile skills. Don nelson's wet dream, except they don't too many 3's

Josh Smith, Josh Childress are RFA's, i wonder if ATL ownership will spring to keep both (instead of just smith)

They didn't even play that well down the stretch, too much clock-killing on offense and they didn't foul when they were up 3. Stupid coach.
And Bibby's dumb play almost threw it away. Don't really like what he's brining to the team this series so far.
Closed Thread