Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 05-10-2013, 05:49 AM   #211
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Yeah I understand why it doesn't have a damper, I was just remarking at the humor in how some people have convinced themselves that it's an absolute necessity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
And a big 'fun' FU to PoorMan for getting that suspension setup. Jealous!
Haha, love you too!

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2013, 11:36 PM   #212
thizzen4
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
thizzen4 is not welcome here anymorethizzen4 is not welcome here anymorethizzen4 is not welcome here anymorethizzen4 is not welcome here anymorethizzen4 is not welcome here anymorethizzen4 is not welcome here anymorethizzen4 is not welcome here anymorethizzen4 is not welcome here anymorethizzen4 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
what valve cover is that whys it look so different from every other sr20 v cover pm me please love the way it look s
thizzen4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:23 AM   #213
sr23det
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
sr23det is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
did you bother even reading any of this thread? did you not look at the title?
sr23det is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:51 PM   #214
Teigen
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Teigen is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by thizzen4 View Post
what valve cover is that whys it look so different from every other sr20 v cover pm me please love the way it look s
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr23det View Post
did you bother even reading any of this thread? did you not look at the title?
Thanks sr23det
Old 10-03-2013, 01:56 AM   #215
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Omg Teigen where have you been i'm dying over here haha.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:15 AM   #216
Teigen
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Omg Teigen where have you been i'm dying over here haha.
Sorry, kind of forgot about this thread :0 I will update it soon, having some Nice and big parts coming the 20th
Also was without any income at all for 4 months this spring and early summer. Was hard to keep the parts but I survived without selling.

Now i've been in a new job for 3 months and already spent about 110,000 Norwegian kroner on parts and new migatronic tig. Wild guess it's around 19,000 us dollars ;D

Nismo visit in desember 0.o

More updates later, hiding to write this on work lol

Sent from my ST27i (shiiit phone) using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-03-2013, 04:08 AM   #217
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Awesome I can't wait to hear more.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:40 AM   #218
Teigen
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Awesome I can't wait to hear more.
Glad to hear :-)

Sent from my ST27i using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-03-2013, 12:20 PM   #219
madserv
Leaky Injector

madserv is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to madserv
waiting............ hope to c more cool and rear stuff from your side.
madserv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:03 PM   #220
the_brownie1

Trader Rating: (1)
the_brownie1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
so much win in this built!!! cant wait to see more!
the_brownie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 04:46 PM   #221
Teigen
Zilvia Junkie

Hi Guys

Sorry for late reply.

I've been trough 4 rough monts without any job. My previous job had a tight budget for 2013 and therefore me and 2 other guys were "fired"

4 months without any income is hard and it really began tearing me. I sold lots of good parts to pay bills etc

Well those parts does not include any of the "really good" parts. Or well, My Crower rods and CP pistons with lateral gasports had to go.

Luckily I am pretty decent at TIG welding so a friend of mine got me a few Sundays or welding aluminium on semi trucks at his job. The Boss were happy with the welding and suddenly I got a job. Been working there for about 2,5 months and its a great place. Almost every day have the opportunity of overtime

I finished the intake for the SR

Somehow I am not happy with it. I think it is Shit

I will develope a new plenum and runners that will work proper. I really want a carbon plenum but I think I cannot/ should not afford that now, It would probably put this on hold until 2015 or something. I guess price for a carbon plenum will be around 7500 USD

Another problem i've come across is the space for a 4" downpipe. Its not possible without cutting the firewall and make space for it. Well its the only way so it have to be done.
I've also been working a little on my brothers Volvo 240
Here I had to make a large cut in the firewall to house the 4" downpipe and also needed custom work to fit the sequential mission he is using. + new tunnel for shaft

Also he aksed if I could fit this radiator without modding the bonnet ?!?! wtf o.O

on Wednesday I took 15 mins off work and went over to Miagtronic over the street, a leading brand in welding here in north Europe.

Got to try a few models of their tigs and finally decided on a 200amp AC/DC TIG, which was very good using. It have built in cooling of the wolfram and full digital adjusting. I ordered a 2014 model and I hop eto receive it within next week, fresh from their factory in Denmark. got a great deal on 4700 USD$ With that new welding i hope to be able to weld a little faster as this machine does not need to cool down or other normal stuff for cheaper machines.

I opened my diff here the other day, i thought is was a decent KAAZ 1,5 way or something like previous owner of the car told me. SHows it was a oem lsd :/

therefore, I ordered a ATS Carbonetic diff, which have carbon plates for maximum traction and lifetime. It was expensive but I know its worth it. Nissan dealer who sold it to me guarantees 1000hp with timeattack setup

Also they gave me a good price on a Greddy diff cover, which holds 1 extra liter of oil.
And then I got crazy and ordered
330mm / 13" 4 pot rear brakes
380mm / 15" 8 pot front brakes

front brakes are huuge and they would usually require 19" rims but my frind at Endless in Japan said the RAY's TE37SL will fit the brakes in 18" rim. So that kind of saved me, I dont want 19" rims, slick gets more expensive and also it would require a lot of work to the car to house them.

The brakes, diff and diff cover arrives in mail around 20th this month, will post pics when i get it

I now Only need Rods and Pistons + bearings for the engine, besides that I think it could be possible to start it.

Need a clutch, anyone got?
1000 hp -+ rating

Going to japan 10th - 22th Desember, there I will meed with a Nismo contact and hopefully it will be a positive meeting. Also provate dinners with "Smokey" Nagata (Top Secret), Sugino san (Endless-R) and Satoshi san (Techno First )

About suspension I've been in contact with a company that will make all arms and knuckles etc in billet 7075 aluminium, also this will be extended 60mm each side from oem s14, so the car will be wider that way, instead of the need for huge spacers, which would kill the wheel bearing. Wont be cheap but will look and perform good

Also I might got my first semi sponsor, aka good prices on Bridgestone Slicks

Goodnight!
Old 10-05-2013, 05:25 PM   #222
ANDY black s13
Zilvia Member

ANDY black s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Awesome update man and glad you got through the rough patch and things are looking up again , is that inlet plenum in the 1st picture a modified pulsar/sunny GTir part as looks very similar?
And I like the sound of the billet aluminum knuckles and arms
good luck with the project and your newish job
ANDY black s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:38 PM   #223
Teigen
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDY black s13 View Post
Awesome update man and glad you got through the rough patch and things are looking up again , is that inlet plenum in the 1st picture a modified pulsar/sunny GTir part as looks very similar?
And I like the sound of the billet aluminum knuckles and arms
good luck with the project and your newish job
Thanks man
Yes its a modified GTiR Plenum, this one actually came off a Nissan Pulsar Gr.A (WRC) from Canada.

I made new intake for the volvo

Will do a similiar style with my engine, except i cannot fit those runners lol!

Also forgot to mention I am going drysump, custom setup so that i can lower engine maximum. steering rack will be relocated in order to lower engine
Old 10-05-2013, 06:55 PM   #224
ANDY black s13
Zilvia Member

Very impressive stuff,and that volvo looks like another cool build
top work man
Old 10-05-2013, 08:07 PM   #225
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teigen View Post
Somehow I am not happy with it. I think it is Shit

I will develope a new plenum and runners that will work proper. I really want a carbon plenum but I think I cannot/ should not afford that now, It would probably put this on hold until 2015 or something. I guess price for a carbon plenum will be around 7500 USD
Hunt down one of the old touring car intakes and mod it to work.

Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 03:56 AM   #226
Teigen
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDY black s13 View Post
Very impressive stuff,and that volvo looks like another cool build
top work man
Thanks It's my brothers car but I'm doing most of the work on it, at least welding and fabricating for that is something he really sucks at
Going to remove the old dana rear axle and build a custom subframe to house a BMW M5 diff with double A arms this winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Hunt down one of the old touring car intakes and mod it to work.

Well, it's not that easy haha, believe me I am obsessed and I know everything about those cars, but those intakes are hard to get. I've been in contact with several people all over the world but noone can get a setup. Also it would only work with a N/A engine, as they are not made for holding boost.
Old 10-06-2013, 03:59 AM   #227
Teigen
Zilvia Junkie

Old 10-20-2013, 03:37 PM   #228
Teigen
Zilvia Junkie

Small update

new parts arrived @ friday 18th.

@ the boxes. I went 3 times in and out of post office to carry these to my car lol

You can see I already opened one of them, i had to do, could not wait whole workday to see inside.

must say they are fucking huge!

Front on top, rear below.

Rear

front and rear again

Here is front kit fitted on the car (at least the caliper) and below are 300zx front brakes...

ATS Carbonetic LSD 1.5 way
Probably one of the best diffs at the market, with internal carbon plates this thing is a golden piece. the carbon plates would take forever to get worn out

the new Migatronic TIG is also lovable. really love how it work and feels when welding, compared to the old "china tig" i used to have for private work on my garage its heaven. Well the old one did the job, but it was slower and required much more service and settings all the time. the migatronic is a "smart" machine so it regulates a lot itself automatically.

neon lol

Jewelery

A couple of days ago this was my dinnertable haha!

Women want expensive furniture because then they feel well, but I like to use my homebuilt table to store expensive parts on, and then I feel good

at a late sunday I quickly made a catchtank for my friends Opel Kadett turbo

need a polish tho haha

Also

last pics of the block as it per today.

Also, picked up a old Nismo bar. its superlight! toobad I cannot use it

last thing;
Will relocate the steering even lower/rear / semi underside of front subframe and also cut and lower the front subframe about 1/2"/ 1,5CM to get the engine superlow. It will be like, really low <3
Old 10-20-2013, 04:45 PM   #229
ferrariowner123
Leaky Injector

ferrariowner123 is an unknown quantity at this point
How do you make a Catch Can?

Sweet car btw, i'm sub'd for sure.

-Kyle

Last edited by ferrariowner123; 10-20-2013 at 05:45 PM..
ferrariowner123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 04:59 PM   #230
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Teigen,

You could've saved yourself some weight and cash by going with an alternate braking option. Personally, the Rotora's or any other OTS brake kit are more bling over function. You could've went with Wilwood 6pots and saved tremendous coin and unsprung weight.

Either way, I want to see these parts installed, not laying on a damn shelf...
Old 10-20-2013, 05:14 PM   #231
Teigen
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrariowner123 View Post
How do make a Catch Can?

Sweet car btw, i'm sub'd for sure.

-Kyle
cut it out from aluminium plate and weld it?
Sorry if I misunderstood you question.
Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
Teigen,

You could've saved yourself some weight and cash by going with an alternate braking option. Personally, the Rotora's or any other OTS brake kit are more bling over function. You could've went with Wilwood 6pots and saved tremendous coin and unsprung weight.

Either way, I want to see these parts installed, not laying on a damn shelf...
Yeah you got a point. Anyway its one of the few bling things i can live with haha. I've tried this brake kit on a car and it felt like my eyes were going out of the skull when going from 170-0 KM/h (315 r888)

brakepads are easy to get (in Norway) for rotora and They were lighter than i thought. not much more weight than oem front caliper. I got a pair of Wilwood SuperLite, but they are too small. Cant use them on anything.

I need way more money before these things even can go near my car.

Also need to make a new tubeframe rear sub, I feel the OEM one not being good enough.

Car have gone in direction of a SuperGT replica / look alike (GT300/GT500)

I bought Nismo 18x11" Magnesium center rims from r34 GT500 skyline.
also I bought this little car earlier this year. Not a nissan tho

I feel that I am doing something wrong with my project. sadly it isnt turning into the direction I want it to be. I am obsessed now with GT500 R34 and I am about to take a loan and get a carbon chassis LOL

Inspiration is not on top, neither motivation.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:43 PM   #232
ferrariowner123
Leaky Injector

Quote:
cut it out from aluminium plate and weld it?
Sorry if I misunderstood you question.
Cheers
Is it really that simple?

I thought there was some wizardry involved with drains, bungs, and steel wool, but if all you did was weld, it. Simple enough for me.

Thanks for the reply

-Kyle
Old 10-20-2013, 06:18 PM   #233
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrariowner123 View Post
Is it really that simple?

I thought there was some wizardry involved with drains, bungs, and steel wool, but if all you did was weld, it. Simple enough for me.

Thanks for the reply

-Kyle
You want as much surface area and baffling as possible in a catch can. The idea is to collect the oil vapor rather than just having it sucked straight through the can. If you can add steel wool or another suitable material that has a lot of surface area and allows for air to flow through it.

Another thing is you typically want it under vacuum at all times. Venting to the atmosphere works, but a can under vacuum has been shown to make more power on a dyno vs atmospheric vented.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:08 PM   #234
ANDY black s13
Zilvia Member

Awesome up date with some really nice stuff,and is that a Toyota starlet kp60 I spy
after seeing your other stuff I guess something cool is planned with that?
I must see pictures of the carbon chassis (please) that is just pure automotive porn,
lets be honest anything from a GT500 r34 will be awesome let alone a chassis
Old 10-20-2013, 08:47 PM   #235
ferrariowner123
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
You want as much surface area and baffling as possible in a catch can. The idea is to collect the oil vapor rather than just having it sucked straight through the can. If you can add steel wool or another suitable material that has a lot of surface area and allows for air to flow through it.

Another thing is you typically want it under vacuum at all times. Venting to the atmosphere works, but a can under vacuum has been shown to make more power on a dyno vs atmospheric vented.
Alright makes sense, thanks for the info.

Cant wait to see your beast up and running!!!

-Kyle
Old 10-21-2013, 09:38 PM   #236
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
last thing;
Will relocate the steering even lower/rear / semi underside of front subframe and also cut and lower the front subframe about 1/2"/ 1,5CM to get the engine superlow. It will be like, really low <3
What will you do to prevent smashing the oil pan?
Or will you be using one of the BTCC dry sump setups?
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:15 PM   #237
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

I believe he said he was going with the original dry sump setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 10-22-2013, 02:01 AM   #238
jdizzy204
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
jdizzy204 will become famous soon enoughjdizzy204 will become famous soon enoughjdizzy204 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Pictures of the Nismo Magnesium race wheels???
jdizzy204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:18 AM   #239
Teigen
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdizzy204 View Post
Pictures of the Nismo Magnesium race wheels???
Little time to respond, but its these rims

Oilpan is only 8mm lower innside than crank "frame" if you understand. Sorry for bad English

KP startet is old rallycar
4link custom adjustable panhard, custom coilovers Volvo 1031 axle with truetrack. Custom Sellholm arms in front adjustable. Carbon Hood, carbon inside car. Idk what to put in it atm. Got a stock KA.... Ka-t???
Sent from my ST27i using Tapatalk 2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1382429586445.jpg (73.9 KB, 31 views)
Old 10-22-2013, 03:15 AM   #240
aga
Zilvia Junkie

aga is an unknown quantity at this point
put a 4agze ,with turbo on the starlet, stock around 300hp, it will be flying.

about the carbon plenum: in the horsepower you wanna be, i would advice against it. first of all, you will need to have a design that works. you can do modifications to an aluminium construction easily, but not to a carbon. the other thing is high boost. to get 1000hp as you want ,you want this thing to be strong. which means a two piece construction is a no-no.

the only way to do this properly is the following. after making your original (its called plug) and making your mold, there's a material called aquapour. you mix this with water and its like cement. you pour it in your (two-piece) mold, and after it has hardened, you take it out. apply carbon fiber and resin around it, and vacuum bag it. its gonna be ugly looking, but the interior is what matters. after it has cured, you can wash the aquapour out of the isides just by using water. and you re left with just the manifold. now, when i was researching how to do this i was afraid to bolt it directly to the block, so i thought i'd use an old manifold cut it off and connect the two with silicon couplers.(or vband clamps or whatever)

personally i think the gains are too little to get into such trouble. (but it's maximum restecpa when you open the hoood and show it off)