Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-29-2015, 05:00 AM   #24301
240Cali
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (4)
240Cali is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Old 08-29-2015, 05:48 AM   #24302
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 11:12 PM   #24303
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
turboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7evil View Post
more and what kit
turboshoebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 11:31 PM   #24304
Kis4Kouki
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
Kis4Kouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Picked this up from original owner back in February. Under 100k all original besides kyb gr2's. Got it for a steal.
Kis4Kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 03:14 AM   #24305
7evil
Zilvia FREAK!

7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough
Old 08-30-2015, 10:16 AM   #24306
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kis4Kouki View Post
Picked this up from original owner back in February. Under 100k all original besides kyb gr2's. Got it for a steal.
Nice car! Don't mod it... just get it detailed. Get a rougher car to modify.
Old 08-30-2015, 12:30 PM   #24307
Kis4Kouki
Leaky Injector

Yeah bumper spoiler and hood need a little help from sitting in the sun for six years. And working on getting a new dash. Other than that it's a fun little car.
Old 08-30-2015, 12:52 PM   #24308
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 13 reviews

Old 08-30-2015, 02:25 PM   #24309
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
Nice car! Don't mod it... just get it detailed. Get a rougher car to modify.
Agreed. Might be sad to think about not touching it but if you think they're expensive now, what do you think you could get 5-10 years from now..?

Hint: a lot
Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 06:12 AM   #24310
Cash
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
Cash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Cash
Wouldn't you think 10 years from now people might be more interested in buying a 10 year old, $6-8k FRS than a 27 year old kouki S14?
Cash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 09:26 AM   #24311
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
if ten years from now you are in the market for an older FRS, then you're right, a super old s14 would make no sense.

But if a Nissan enthusiast saw a super old clean low mileage s14 ten years from now, I promise you they wouldn't think to themselves "why bother, the frs is just as much these days"

just different markets.

edit; not to say you are not a nissan enthusiast. I've definitely seen your s13 and it's awesome. but you know the die-hards i'm talking about.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:25 AM   #24312
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
It's really hard to say what the market will be like 10 years from now.

My personal opinion, mod the car, but keep it within reason and without doing anything that will significantly impact the overall collectability of it.

I'll use eastcoaststeeze's S14 as an example(I know it's not an authentic Kouki). I personally love the overall cleanliness of the car and the attention to detail, but the killer part is just about every panel now is fiberglass. Majority of S-chassis owners lower their cars. Put two and two together and you'll see why this isn't ideal. Not only that, there are even fewer buyers out there looking for that style exterior.

A car like this will more than likely be worth more than a car with a completely custom exterior.

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=610971

My point being: Enjoy the car. Even if the car went up in value, it wouldn't be tens of thousands of dollars to have been a worthwhile investment.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 10:52 AM   #24313
Cash
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
Cash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Cash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty So View Post
if ten years from now you are in the market for an older FRS, then you're right, a super old s14 would make no sense.

But if a Nissan enthusiast saw a super old clean low mileage s14 ten years from now, I promise you they wouldn't think to themselves "why bother, the frs is just as much these days"

just different markets.

edit; not to say you are not a nissan enthusiast. I've definitely seen your s13 and it's awesome. but you know the die-hards i'm talking about.
Good point. I was only thinking about the majority market for these cars now who will just move on to the next trend when it comes along. But there will almost certainly be the older guys like us who may want to buy a mostly stock, low mileage S14 10 years from now, maybe just for nostalgic purposes.

I also agree with CrimsonRockett about modifying the car, but not going overboard. There are some great OEM/JDM aero options. I feel like you won't diminish the long term value of the car with that, plus some quality suspension parts to rejuvenate the feel of the car.

I had a stripped out, caged, wide body S14 that looked killer and was a blast to drive on track, but there are so many hassles that go with that format. That's a big part of the reason for the direction I've gone with the S13.
Cash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 11:31 AM   #24314
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
(Again, personal opinion)

This style:

Will be worth more than this:

In reference to the cars exterior. Not getting into the suspension/engine/drivetrain modifications.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Old 08-31-2015, 12:57 PM   #24315
eastcoaststeeze
Zilvia Member

eastcoaststeeze is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post

I'll use eastcoaststeeze's S14 as an example(I know it's not an authentic Kouki). I personally love the overall cleanliness of the car and the attention to detail, but the killer part is just about every panel now is fiberglass. Majority of S-chassis owners lower their cars. Put two and two together and you'll see why this isn't ideal. Not only that, there are even fewer buyers out there looking for that style exterior.

My point being: Enjoy the car. Even if the car went up in value, it wouldn't be tens of thousands of dollars to have been a worthwhile investment.
Doors, roof and truck are the only thing left on it haha. You make a very well put point and I agree with you 100% on your statement. I am also interested to see what the market looks like in even say 5 years from now too.

on another note, the S14 sold, I received the down payment last week for the car and the remaining amount should be in my hands tomorrow. then oddly enough the car is going back to cali
eastcoaststeeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 03:11 PM   #24316
Kis4Kouki
Leaky Injector

The silver one you posted was exactly the style and look in going for. I want to keep the body straight with oem styling and maybe a few Jdm parts here and there, but nothing to wild. It took me 8 months to even convince the guy to sell it to me considering I'm 19 and most kids turn there 240sx in to wall car zip ties shit buckets. Have a few things in the works and preserving it as I plan to keep it for a while. Going to have a build thread up in a couple months.
Old 08-31-2015, 03:38 PM   #24317
wanna240
Zilvia Member

wanna240 is an unknown quantity at this point
^ same. I was drooling over that car. I like that stockish look with only small things like wheels and shocks changed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
wanna240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 03:43 PM   #24318
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Not sure about the pep boys door molding though!
Old 08-31-2015, 04:00 PM   #24319
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
Not sure about the pep boys door molding though!
Hah, of course.

It was one of the first few images that pulled up on Google.

Plenty of better examples out there.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Old 08-31-2015, 04:01 PM   #24320
ddr_geo
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
ddr_geo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
^^^^^ agreed with everything being said about modding it and enjoying it but keep it within reason. dont start hacking it up. we have enough hack job 240's already lol.

when i bought my '98, everyone and their mother was telling me not to mod it, not to touch it, just keep it bone stock and preserve it. but no, thats not why i bought mine. i wanted an authentic kouki, had to be a '98 with original 5 speed and clean title. wasnt going to settle for anything less. anyways. doing my best to keep it clean and simple with tasteful mods. has full spl suspension, fortune coils, works, jdm headlights & grill, etc.. planning to go with a clean sleeper ka-t setup. staying with the OEM+ route. clean and simple. will eventually go full oem jdm aero when im over the usdm setup.

last year when i bought it

currently

ddr_geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 06:00 PM   #24321
dave123thomas
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
dave123thomas is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441065649.042612.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dave123thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 06:01 PM   #24322
dave123thomas
Zilvia Junkie

App won't let me post a pic bigger than small. Fire happened in November. Car got tagged today.

Old 08-31-2015, 06:30 PM   #24323
wanna240
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave123thomas View Post
App won't let me post a pic bigger than small. Fire happened in November. Car got tagged today.

Aww man, too bad. That was a very good car. Are you going to part it out?

Old 08-31-2015, 06:31 PM   #24324
dave123thomas
Zilvia Junkie

The picture on the right is the car now. Spent all that time fixing it. Looks better than ever now.

Old 08-31-2015, 06:32 PM   #24325
wanna240
Zilvia Member

Oh wow man. Good luck.

Old 09-01-2015, 07:43 PM   #24326
E2EKIELR34
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
E2EKIELR34 has a reputation beyond reputeE2EKIELR34 has a reputation beyond reputeE2EKIELR34 has a reputation beyond reputeE2EKIELR34 has a reputation beyond reputeE2EKIELR34 has a reputation beyond reputeE2EKIELR34 has a reputation beyond reputeE2EKIELR34 has a reputation beyond reputeE2EKIELR34 has a reputation beyond reputeE2EKIELR34 has a reputation beyond reputeE2EKIELR34 has a reputation beyond reputeE2EKIELR34 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Old 09-06-2015, 04:16 PM   #24327
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
Old 09-06-2015, 05:42 PM   #24328
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Old 09-06-2015, 06:11 PM   #24329
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Old 09-07-2015, 01:43 AM   #24330
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!