Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-16-2009, 11:06 AM   #2551
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
ka-titties is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
thats what i thought it was for but it looks waaaaay too long.
ka-titties is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2009, 11:15 AM   #2552
clark
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
clark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
like he said, roll center correction.

when you lower your car, your lower control arms are not in the correct position. longer lca stud corrects this.
clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:58 AM   #2553
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

i know what roll center correction is, that just looks like way too much.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:11 PM   #2554
ballinnmiami240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
ballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura aboutballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura aboutballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura aboutballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura aboutballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura aboutballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ka-titties View Post
i know what roll center correction is, that just looks like way too much.

It looks way too long because nothing is bolted down. As it sits I have about 4 threads holding the LCA to the ball joint. Ill have full pictures this weekend when the car is on the ground.

More pictures can be had at respecgarage.com under updates.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:34 PM   #2555
Otto347
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
Otto347 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by godrifttoday View Post
hey is that a 240SX? is the seat bolted on? if so can i see a pic of ur bracket?
Seat is just sitting right now, it will have brackets but they are going to come off the door bars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinnmiami240sx View Post
otto: make sure that your main hoop is 180* +/-10. if you plan to compete in NASA, formula d....you might not end up passing tech.
Son of a bitch, I was looking for that info the night before I bent it up and swore I read about the 180° somewhere but couldnt find it. Oh well, its 196° so I guess ill have to turn the hoop into a few short straight pieces and make a new one shit..............
Otto347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:47 PM   #2556
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto347 View Post
Son of a bitch, I was looking for that info the night before I bent it up and swore I read about the 180° somewhere but couldnt find it. Oh well, its 196° so I guess ill have to turn the hoop into a few short straight pieces and make a new one shit..............
Portapower that shit out to 188* or so and reweld it lol.

I've got some fab work to post up this weekend, got the wing setup all finished, trunk cut, and will be making some brackets for my kevlar GS seat.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 02:33 PM   #2557
Otto347
Nissanaholic!

Otto347 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lol I would but that tube of steel was free so ill just chalk it up as a screw up, salvage what straight pieces I can and start fresh and new!
Otto347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:29 PM   #2558
RHD95S14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
RHD95S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I love this thread.
RHD95S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 05:45 PM   #2559
MELLO*SOS
LAID OUT

Trader Rating: (1)
MELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
^ Yeah this has become my favorite thread on zilvia

Here's some work we're doing on Volchok's V-mount setup at the shop.. No particular order to the pix. Not completed yet, need to modify the endtanks on the FMIC, do piping, paint, etc.. But you get the general idea!

MELLO*SOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 11:52 PM   #2560
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Did an entirely mediocre job on my RB's temporary exhaust today. Mocked up the downpipe and catback under the car, then tacked this angle stock from the flex section (that already fit around the steering shaft) to the downpipe, and got to work:

I don't have pics of the finished piece because I threw it on and drove the car lol. Preheated the stainless where I was forced to weld to it, penetration was good and beads were nice, but it sugared all to hell on the opposite side and I'm hoping the flex sections keep it from cracking into a million pieces.

I can't wait to go twin-scroll.

And I really need to get some of that anti-slag spray, the gel is so-so (but better than nothing).

Then this random cat asked me to take a picture of her, so I did.

DAILY DRIVER.

www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com

Last edited by GSXRJJordan; 12-25-2009 at 03:08 AM..
Old 12-25-2009, 02:35 AM   #2561
duffman1278
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
duffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to duffman1278
Began work on my nismo power brace copy.

duffman1278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 03:23 AM   #2562
blu808
Post Whore!

blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to blu808
Jeff. Is that the blind cat that hangs around your place?
Old 12-25-2009, 12:09 PM   #2563
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
that blind cat is rad.. so friendly.
Old 12-25-2009, 12:22 PM   #2564
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu808 View Post
Jeff. Is that the blind cat that hangs around your place?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
that blind cat is rad.. so friendly.
LOL yeah, it's 'Blinkin'. I told her to get out of my picture , then she looked at me like 'yeah, right dude ', so I was like "you're such a badass..." and took the shot anyway.

Old 12-25-2009, 12:31 PM   #2565
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
Jordan, does your plate really say JEFE s14? If it does, that is so fucking epic lol
Old 12-25-2009, 02:11 PM   #2566
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEvilRPS13 View Post
Jordan, does your plate really say JEFE s14? If it does, that is so fucking epic lol
Fuck yes. My name is Jeff, I am called Jefe, and I drive the JefeS14.

Quick funny story ~ friend girlfriend is from Texas, doesn't know shit about cars, and assumes flat black = primer = jalope. She asks me when she sees the car, "Hey Jeff, does you license plate say 'Jeff $14'? Is that how much you paid for it? Good deal, I guess..."

... I lol'd my ass off.

Old 12-25-2009, 04:42 PM   #2567
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
man all girlfriends do stuff like that, but seriously... I hope you paint that godamned car.
Old 12-25-2009, 04:46 PM   #2568
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
man all girlfriends do stuff like that, but seriously... I hope you paint that godamned car.
then he'll hafta worry about it chipping hehe just teasin

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 07:57 PM   #2569
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
then he'll hafta worry about it chipping hehe just teasin
hahaha! Nice one! *Zing*

I thought about painting it this winter (I have the money to) but I'd really like to beat the shit out of it in a seasons worth of tack days. Well see if it ends up in a K-rail by summer time lol.

Old 12-25-2009, 10:09 PM   #2570
blu808
Post Whore!

blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
I'm not building you a twin scroll manifold until it's painted.

lolz
Old 12-25-2009, 10:18 PM   #2571
blu808
Post Whore!

Here is a fun project.

Some guy had a Ti exhaust for an evo. He brought it to Midas and asked them if they could weld an extra o2 bung into the piping. They said sure and went to work. Little did they know. You cannot mig weld Ti.

Here is the hole that was created from that.

Luckly I had some Ti sheet around and made a patch for it.

Don't mig weld titanium people.
Old 12-25-2009, 10:32 PM   #2572
D.Adams
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
D.Adams is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to D.Adams Send a message via MSN to D.Adams
i hope that shop paid for it to be fixed. any welder should know you cant mig titanium.
D.Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 11:33 PM   #2573
fueled by hate
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (12)
fueled by hate is making a name for him/her selffueled by hate is making a name for him/her selffueled by hate is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
my friends altima coupe

my guage cluster I finished tonight, took me 4 days and I used superflux led's.

fueled by hate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:23 PM   #2574
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
S14_Kouki can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Here is a fun project.

Some guy had a Ti exhaust for an evo. He brought it to Midas and asked them if they could weld an extra o2 bung into the piping. They said sure and went to work. Little did they know. You cannot mig weld Ti.

Don't mig weld titanium people.
Did they even know that the exhaust was Ti or were they just going to wing it with stainless lol
S14_Kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 03:59 PM   #2575
ghostchild316
Leaky Injector

ghostchild316 is an unknown quantity at this point
Pics of a few things I welded-

added vents to my VC

Breather/catch can

Started making an intake manifold for my KA24DE...

First tubular turbo manifold. Fugly mild steel

Second manifold. 304L SS runners and fully TIG welded

Tube to replace factory breather box/pcv

Adapter to reuse existing dp with new turbo setup

Aluminum hot pipe...The "pie cut" section isnt my favorite

Aluminum overflow tank

All the pieces (and then some)coming together

I like welding
ghostchild316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 07:49 PM   #2576
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostchild316 View Post
I like welding
amen to that dude! lol

everything looks awesome.
Old 12-27-2009, 07:56 PM   #2577
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
S14_Kouki can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostchild316 View Post
Pics of a few things I welded-

I like welding
Looking good just somethings I would of done was polished the runners and collector ground down the tacks on the collector and ported the collector. But thats just me and it would look alot better. Good job tho your aluminum welds look great. O and mounted your intake filter somewhere else your prob going to suck up water.
S14_Kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 12:20 AM   #2578
ghostchild316
Leaky Injector

ghostchild316 is an unknown quantity at this point
I prefer the raw material look. As for the filter, I will be making some kind of splash guard once I get to that point,as I do plan on daily driving this bitch.

The pics posted of the manifold were in-progress pics. All that was taken care of

Thanks on the compliments!
ghostchild316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 12:33 AM   #2579
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
hahaha! Nice one! *Zing*

I thought about painting it this winter (I have the money to) but I'd really like to beat the shit out of it in a seasons worth of tack days. Well see if it ends up in a K-rail by summer time lol.
Chip the hell out of it, and post pictures. I made a thread on a Honda forum once, and the few who understood my bumper chips were pretty quick on filling in the HIN kids, that those chips weren't from Cinder trucks, but mosquitos and dragonflies on track

Quote:
I'm not building you a twin scroll manifold until it's painted.

lolz
Hit him where it hurts! hahahaha.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:52 AM   #2580
Jonnie Fraz
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (29)
Jonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jonnie Fraz
Ok guys and girls, I guess I will post up a little somthing instead of just stealing all your good ideas...um did I say that?

For you Toyota fans...AE86 fender braces. I have gone through a couple of designs on this, but I like this one. They even clear the vented fenders.

Stealth-Custom-Fab.com
Jonnie Fraz is offline   Reply With Quote