Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 01-08-2014, 07:32 PM   #241
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Just followed you! Follow me back unlike all the other build threads guys on here lol
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2014, 08:47 PM   #242
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelu View Post
HKS Hipermax 3 coilovers off the S15 are up for grabs if anyone is interested. Only about 6-7k miles on them. I hardly drive my car. Paid 2400 new for them. Asking 1800. PM me if interested.
What coilovers are you planning to replace them with?
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:05 PM   #243
garagelu
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (60)
garagelu is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 60 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
What coilovers are you planning to replace them with?
You should buy them for your S15.
garagelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:30 PM   #244
Oakville
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Oakville is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thats awesome. If you decide to sell this.....I'll be moderately disappointed as I enjoy the instagram updates.

so don't sell it.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:35 PM   #245
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Quote:
You should buy them for your S15.
I bought a set of HKS Hipermax III D'Nob spec not to long ago...

I would have been interested if I hadn't already bought them... They should sell fast though. It's a quality set, that you're selling at a great price!
Old 03-10-2014, 02:51 PM   #246
garagelu
Nissanaholic!

Forgot to post this pictures up a few weeks back when I worked on clearing out the engine bay some more. All I had left after that day was A/C components and fuse box. Stay tuned for updated pictures from this past weekend when I cleared out the whole engine bay. Or you can check out my instagram username: garagelu for updated pics. Car is pretty much ready to paint!!! Now to decide on a color...decision, decisions.

Old 03-10-2014, 06:23 PM   #247
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Are you going to get rid of the battery tray?
Old 03-10-2014, 06:33 PM   #248
A54
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (40)
A54 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Great S15 thread...
A54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:00 PM   #249
Oakville
Zilvia Junkie

I happened to see one of these pics scattered throughout the 400 pics of Nikes on instagram haha...dont paint the bay! It looks way too nice like it is man
Old 03-10-2014, 09:28 PM   #250
garagelu
Nissanaholic!

So here are the most up to date pictures of my car. Everything is 100% cleared out of the engine bay and pretty much ready to paint. To answer a few questions, yes the battery tray will be cut off and that area will be smoothed out. A lot of people have been telling me to just leave the engine bay the way it is. The engine bay looks a lot nicer in pictures than in person. And I am too OCD about details and I just want everything perfect. A lot of unused holes while be filled and shaved as well.

My ultimate goal for this build is to just make sure everything is done once and done right. This build will be a long journey because I want to make sure everything is perfect. I don't want to cut corners on anything. The best of the best will be on this car. Unfortunately that means lots of money and then that means more time to get that money.

But stay tuned. Things will pick up soon. Im soon to be 29 years old and life just gets busier and busier. I wish I was in my early 20's again when I was able to work on my car at every chance I had.

How do you guys suggest I remove the fuse box? How do I get it past that hole? I want to get it on the other side of the hole so I can relocate the fuse box.

Old 03-10-2014, 11:02 PM   #251
The Real Keith

Trader Rating: (1)
The Real Keith is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
^ I thought you could unplug it at the dash and pull it through that way. I don't know if the fusebox will fit through the hole.
The Real Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 03:34 AM   #252
59bhp
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
59bhp is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
the fuse box is modular so you can undo the clips holding it together and it comes apart into smaller pieces
59bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:58 AM   #253
garagelu
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59bhp View Post
the fuse box is modular so you can undo the clips holding it together and it comes apart into smaller pieces
That's what I was thinking but was not 100% sure.

Also where is the cheapest place you guys know of to buy factory S15 front end parts...particularly the fenders and hood?
Old 03-11-2014, 07:30 AM   #254
97nismo
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (53)
97nismo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
what color are you repainting it?......teal
Old 03-30-2014, 08:11 PM   #255
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Quote:
My ultimate goal for this build is to just make sure everything is done once and done right. This build will be a long journey because I want to make sure everything is perfect. I don't want to cut corners on anything. The best of the best will be on this car. Unfortunately that means lots of money and then that means more time to get that money.

But stay tuned. Things will pick up soon. Im soon to be 29 years old and life just gets busier and busier. I wish I was in my early 20's again when I was able to work on my car at every chance I had.
I'm all for taking your time to do things right. Building cars is not a race, and I'm glad to hear that you're taking the time to really enjoy what's happening.

And I feel you on life getting busier and busier the older you get.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:45 PM   #256
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
In order to get the engine bay fusebox out, you have to pull the harness from the cabin. I suggest you pull your dash for ease of access, however you may be able to get it out without doing so. The main chassis harness goes to the ignition/steering column, gauges, and the fuse block behind the kick panel.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:18 AM   #257
John_O

John_O is an unknown quantity at this point
Some great dedication and thought gone into this car. Iv just bought an s15 in Japan and cant wait to get it back to Ireland. If its half as clean as this one ill be happy.
John_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 04:57 PM   #258
DILLONDILLONDILLON!
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
DILLONDILLONDILLON! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Where art thou??
Old 08-22-2015, 08:02 PM   #259
Darkcr3w
Zilvia Member

Darkcr3w is an unknown quantity at this point
Loved reading your build. Lots of Advan model 5's for sale on Yahoo Auctions JP right now.
Darkcr3w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 11:35 AM   #260
drewr4411
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
drewr4411 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
any update on this build?
Old 08-24-2015, 06:47 PM   #261
s13zack

s13zack is an unknown quantity at this point
i believe the S15 from the end of Tokyo Drift gets drifted at Englishtown here in NJ. Either way, absolutely awesome car man
s13zack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 01:07 AM   #262
VAs13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
VAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Haven't been on Zilvia in ages but im pissed none of the pictures will work here in the office. I had the pleasure of meeting garageLu when I was passing through Atlanta one day and I cant wait to see what's to come of this.
VAs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 07:49 AM   #263
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
This car was a motivational icon for me back in 2012 for me to fix my car and build it into something better. It is partly the reason why I went with an S15 front end at the time and Model 5s are probably the sexiest wheels and it took me a good 2 years to find them.

Hopefully both of us make/find the time to finish our cars
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 10:12 AM   #264
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
sanka?
yah ded?
Old 09-11-2015, 10:24 AM   #265
Oakville
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
sanka?
yah ded?
yah man

as per kevin's instagram it looks like he's been a little busy as of late
Old 09-13-2015, 08:40 AM   #266
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Dude's enjoying life right now... Quality builds take time, and he'll be back at it once things calm down socially.

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
Old 12-10-2015, 07:58 AM   #267
garagelu
Nissanaholic!

Sorry everyone...it's been a crazy past few years with a lot of things going on. Mostly good stuff though so I can't complain. Let's see, in these 2-3 years...

1) got promoted to a new job
2) bought my 2nd property (renting it out now with a great tenant)
3) been growing my ebay business
4) started a online store, garagelu.com (go check it out!)
5) got engaged and getting married in April

So if you guys have been wondering why my car hasn't been done, there you go, lol. Along with my laziness and me wanting everything perfect has caused this build to take a lot longer than expected. I update my instagram more than I do post here so check it out if you haven't already @garagelu. I will try to update this thread more often now that I have more content.

So with me getting married in April, I really want to use my car in the wedding so these past few months I have really tried to push forward and get things moving along.

Right now I have the engine disassembled. Cylinder head is off and I am going to pull everything out of the head so I can send it off to get decked and hot tanked. Once it comes back, I am going to start re-assembly. My plan is to finish it up by Christmas. I have a 2.5 week plant shutdown at work so I am planning on using that time to finalize everything on the body and push it to paint.

Purple power and a pressure wash got the block looking pretty good.

Found this nice like organizer at lowe's for 3-4 bucks. It was well worth it because I know everyone who builds SR probably don't put those shims back in the same spot they came out from. Labeled the rocker arms as well so I know where they go back.

Cleaned up the block surface pretty good with a razor blade and some parts cleaner.
Old 12-10-2015, 08:10 AM   #268
Ramonesfreak2010
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Ramonesfreak2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I love it when SRs are disassembled.
Ramonesfreak2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 08:28 AM   #269
drewr4411
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
drewr4411 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
looking forward to more updates!
Old 12-10-2015, 08:48 AM   #270
Lees_Garage
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (66)
Lees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really nice
Feedback Score: 66 reviews
Congrats on your life! Good to see progress again.

@lees_garage
Lees_Garage is offline   Reply With Quote