Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 10-09-2015, 03:32 PM   #241
Purestock240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
Purestock240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I have an IBA rear strut bar if youre interested.
Purestock240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2015, 07:50 PM   #242
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purestock240 View Post
I have an IBA rear strut bar if youre interested.
look on page 6
Old 10-10-2015, 02:48 AM   #243
mewantkouki
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (36)
mewantkouki will become famous soon enoughmewantkouki will become famous soon enoughmewantkouki will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Love this car!
mewantkouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 09:26 PM   #244
Frank_Jaeger
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Frank_Jaeger is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Needs more super advan v2.
Frank_Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 11:03 PM   #245
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Jaeger View Post
Needs more super advan v2.
Haha, you love those wheels. I can't blame you. I thought about putting them on the gtr, but the sizes are way to weak sauce for it. Maybe just to see how it would look.
Old 10-17-2015, 10:59 AM   #246
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

ok got some more parts in today.

3 gallons of oil

13 row trust oil cooler/relocation kit

GTR ultimate tuning DVD 2 disc set.

Last edited by BossHogg; 03-04-2023 at 12:32 PM..
BossHogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 12:10 PM   #247
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Those radiator shrouds are super cool.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 09:03 PM   #248
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Got some random stuff.

Here is video of the exhaust. It's just cell phone footage, but if you have sub and speakers on your computer it does a decent job of getting the tone. Sounds better under load....like every car lol. But you can tell its very quiet and modest for 3.5 inch decat setup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=/watch?v=YtcpiyQoJ6Y

Some cool photos from some local photographers.

Pic I took of all my rides. All are inline 6 turbos lol.

Got my 60mm Nismo boost gauge in today. Not sure where I want to put this. I only bought it because it was real clean, looks brand new to be honest. But I was just going to let the boost controller be my boost gauge. But since all these gauges light up exactly like my cluster and din, I figured I'd just go for it. I was thinking maybe put this boost gauge on steering column? I was going to put it in the driver vent since it's a perfect circle and apparently fits a 60mm gauge perfectly. But I found out that little vent does wonders for heating up your hand when its cold out lol. So I don't want to put it there anymore.

Last edited by BossHogg; 04-03-2016 at 05:33 PM..
Old 10-20-2015, 10:42 PM   #249
livelovesole
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
livelovesole is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
If you can't find a spot to put your boost gauge, I'll take it off your hands lol Can't wait to see what happens with your s13 build.
livelovesole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 08:37 AM   #250
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Yeah I wouldn't mind having that boost gauge either haha.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 09:23 AM   #251
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelovesole View Post
If you can't find a spot to put your boost gauge, I'll take it off your hands lol Can't wait to see what happens with your s13 build.
I have a rb25 rebuild gasket kit ordered. I'm going to try and get it running in a stock like situation first. With the raw brokerage intake manifold and the ARC front mount obviously for piping reasons. But I will run stock turbo, injectors, etc. Would like to get some miles on it before I go to crazy with the full race mani and gt35r. But after I get it to a stable running condition, I will then probably finish the body work and have it painted KH3 black(nissan black). It's been so long, I just want it to drive and look clean as hell. It would be nice to have both the GTR and the 240 side by side at a meet or something. Just need to find another driver lol. I have actually thought about importing a real silvia and just swapping the parts on both cars, then selling the 240 with the oem silvia equipment. Basically a clean 240 with a sr20 and whatever little goods came on the silvia. Could probably get back half of the cost of the silvia......or just keep it as fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Yeah I wouldn't mind having that boost gauge either haha.
you are like the 3rd or 4th person that has said that lol. The boost gauge definitely seems to be the most popular.

Last edited by BossHogg; 03-04-2023 at 12:34 PM..
Old 10-21-2015, 10:00 AM   #252
hobbs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (43)
hobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Wheel setup looks great, I need to get some more tire on my R32.
hobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 07:40 PM   #253
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

So I finally got a region free DVD player to watch that Option double disc DVD pictured above. They have a segment where they visit Global Auto. This is where my car was bought. My car is fucking featured on the video numerous times LOL. I was like wtf that's my car!!!!!!

Here are a few pics I snapped.

Now here are some photos Kunio sent me from like 10 months ago at global auto.

Old 10-22-2015, 10:37 AM   #254
Quail
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Quail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Quail
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHogg View Post
So I finally got a region free DVD player to watch that Option double disc DVD pictured above. They have a segment where they visit Global Auto. This is where my car was bought. My car is fucking featured on the video numerous times LOL. I was like wtf that's my car!!!!!!
HA! That's really cool that you car has been imortalised like that.
Old 10-22-2015, 11:07 AM   #255
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbs View Post
Wheel setup looks great, I need to get some more tire on my R32.
Thanks, it really does make it look so much more aggressive. Every time I go to a car meet or a cars and coffee etc, someone always says how the wheels are perfect fitment. I wouldn't mind seeing what a 18x10 +20 looks like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quail View Post
HA! That's really cool that you car has been imortalised like that.
I know, I was just sitting there watching and eating. Then that car flashed up. I dunno if its the HD or the TV screen, but it looked super clean and clear. I was like damn that car is clean. Then it kind of hit me, looks like my car when it had the TE37. Then it hit me that they were at global auto, then I recognized the cars parked next to it. I was like wtf, that IS my car! lol. So random, I usually just buy English translated copies of stuff, but I don't think there is any of this DVD. So I bought it anyways because its R32 specific. Then I had to buy a region free DVD player just to read the discs. It's just funny how it all came to be.
Old 10-22-2015, 03:06 PM   #256
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Holy shit. I would have a damn heart attack if I saw my car in an Option DVD hahaha. It's really cool that Kunio sent all those pictures of your car and gave you so much info, they didn't know too much history behind my car when I bought it from them.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 08:27 PM   #257
TMW
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
TMW is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
global auto always has sick cars

those pics on the track are cool too
Old 10-22-2015, 08:42 PM   #258
Kaifd3s
Zilvia Addict

Kaifd3s is on the path to ruinKaifd3s is on the path to ruin
Damn bro I envy you on those white Nismo gauge cluster. I couldnt find any and picked upa Tomei one instead.
Old 10-22-2015, 09:05 PM   #259
wolf904
Zilvia Addict

wolf904 is an unknown quantity at this point
when the car you own is lowkey in a DVD you bought, thats when you know it was fate.
wolf904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 10:55 AM   #260
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Holy shit. I would have a damn heart attack if I saw my car in an Option DVD hahaha. It's really cool that Kunio sent all those pictures of your car and gave you so much info, they didn't know too much history behind my car when I bought it from them.
I did lol. I had to order a international DVD player just to play the discs. Then I just started watching and saw it. Kind of stopped me, I was like, that has to be my damn car. So I looked at my old pics and sure enough. It looks so damn clean on the DVD to lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMW View Post
global auto always has sick cars

those pics on the track are cool too
Yes they do, very glad I bought this particular car. It's mint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaifd3s View Post
Damn bro I envy you on those white Nismo gauge cluster. I couldnt find any and picked upa Tomei one instead.
I got mine directly from Nissan. They only had a couple in stock. There is zenki and kouki editions though. Kouki is out of stock. The zenki was still in stock since its early model. Probably all sold now though, there were only 2 in stock when I got mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf904 View Post
when the car you own is lowkey in a DVD you bought, thats when you know it was fate.
Yea lol, I kind of felt the same way. I could of bought an already built up gtr and saved a shit ton of cash, but I stayed with this mostly stock one.
Old 11-21-2015, 11:15 AM   #261
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

No real updates. Have been away in Texas on a job in the new braunfels/seguin area. Worked on Rio Negals (or whatever) power plant out there lol.

But before I left I put the brake pads and rotors on. Really cleaned up the look. No more rusty rotors etc. I think they were the originals, I kept all the old stuff in boxes.

Dixcel FP rotors and ES pads.

Rear pic

Forgot to take a front pic lol, was in a hurry. Here is one with wheel on.

Over all they feel good. Havent drove to much with them on yet. But they are smooth and no squeeking at all. Feel very good. It's cold and snowy now so I haven't really taken them back roading at all. They don't seem to be to dusty either.

Got some more parts in also,

Brand new R32 N1 brake guides. These work well with the OEM under tray. The slits in the lip, go through channels in the under tray which dump in the brake/wheel well area. Not very functional on standard GTR because there is no further air guides. So these take that role and direct that air more onto the rotor etc. They just install onto the tension rods.

New turbos! These were built by GCG turbo and are garrett gt2860R -7 turbos with 2860R -5 compressor wheels. The -7 compressor housing had to be modified to fit the -5 wheel. So its basically a 2860R -5 stuck in -7 housings. -7 and -5 turbine housings are the same. These are the same turbos used in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=/watch?v=gTeD-Ah575s&list=PLkS9r_UHAuE_Y8fF_2Kj3uB7EyWCZQ4qc

These are not as responsive as standard -7 or even -9 I don't think. But they make more power. Everyone says -5's are to big for 2.6 liter. So I figure these hi flowed -7's would take some of that lag away. Plus for the price, I came out ahead anyways lol. You cant buy two new turbos for what I bought these for. Just have to wait see how these things turn out. Plus I figure, if I even wanted -5's in the future, all I have to do is put the compressor housings on and then I have full -5's for that 600hp if I wanted lol.
Old 11-22-2015, 04:44 PM   #262
mhubeny180sx
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
mhubeny180sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thats who got that nismo boost guage lol, was at work when I scoped it, and got home to msg streeter annnd its gone. You should really finish the s13
mhubeny180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 08:30 PM   #263
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhubeny180sx View Post
Thats who got that nismo boost guage lol, was at work when I scoped it, and got home to msg streeter annnd its gone. You should really finish the s13
Got it through buyee.

Which also reminds me, rb25det OEM gasket kit for 240.

Old 11-23-2015, 11:47 AM   #264
hasemi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
hasemi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Did you look at going single like a gtx before buying those turbos? Motive DVD recently did a single vs double video on their gtr and the single destroyed the doubles in all aspects from lag, power, price, etc.
Old 11-23-2015, 04:52 PM   #265
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

I will never go single. I have a full race manifold and 35r I could already use if I wanted. Gtr should be twin in my opinion. Plus singles dont maintain stock appearence. My rb25 will be my single turbo fun. Plus I have an expensive titanium front pipe, not ditching that lol. I don't see how it would be cheaper. These are replacement turbos for just over 1k. I don't need manifolds or anything. Just take off and put on.
Old 11-24-2015, 11:29 AM   #266
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I can see you buying these lol
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=617673
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 05:51 PM   #267
hasemi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
hasemi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Bosshogg only buys vintage Nismo dead stock. New logo Nismo seats are bobo
Old 11-24-2015, 05:54 PM   #268
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Old 11-25-2015, 07:11 PM   #269
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
I can see you buying these lol
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=617673
I see those pretty often. I don't even know if they are genuine because the real ones have old logo nismo in white on a actual stock r32 seat. But they could be, they just uglier than the white logo old nismo seats. Just my opinion.
Old 11-25-2015, 07:21 PM   #270
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Got a little work done.

It fits really snug and tight. We had to make a few little modification to get it to clear the bumper better. I think the 10 row would of fit a lot easier than the 13 row. But we basically cut a little of the rubber BOV hose to snug the 90 further in. This allowed a little more space to push the oil cooler in. Trimmed the aluminum duct work to fit better also. It's a tight fit but works well. I'm thinking about maybe making some custom screen or vent to go in the wheel well since there is no escape for the airflow. It would just flow better if there was an escape point. If anyone remember those old ARC wheel well vents, something along those lines.