Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-22-2010, 07:24 PM   #241
Zach-sr
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Zach-sr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratokat View Post
are you proud of this monstrosity?
What bothers you so much about it?
Old 09-23-2010, 01:32 PM   #242
Chase Bays
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Chase Bays is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
thanks dudes!

pending KA24 harness

IMPROVING PERFORMANCE AND AESTHETICS WHILE SAVING WEIGHT AND SPACE

www.ChaseBays.com | [email protected] | (205)623-2188
Chase Bays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 02:54 PM   #243
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gription View Post
My hatch, which I am now selling.

I've been wanting to do a milspec connector for my new build but I'm not sure what exactly I will need. Do you have to use larger pins for 4g and 0g wires or are the all the same? I have my engine and lower engine harness combined into one to make things simpler. What is a good number of pins to get with one of these puppies? I think the biggest I've seen them is like a 48 pin.
For the upper and lower engine harnesses (minus the power wires) a 37-pin connector (a very common connector count) works out, barely. In a shell size 23 (also very common), these are fairly inexpensive. These are what I use on all my SR and KA engine harnesses with bulkhead fittings.

For passing main power through the firewall, I like Marinco twist-to-lock connectors (although you can also get Mil-spec circular connectors with 4ga pins, but they're billet pins and very expensive). They're used extensively in the entertainment industry, as well as the marine industry. You can go 4ga or 1/0ga, and they're less than $50 I believe for the bulkhead connnector and the fitting that goes on the line.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 04:36 PM   #244
Touge_Monster
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
Touge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Bays View Post
thanks dudes!

pending KA24 harness
Cool! Cant wait to see the finished product
This thread gave me aids, thank you based god.
Touge_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 04:54 PM   #245
ALEXTHESUS*PECT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
ALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ALEXTHESUS*PECT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gription View Post
My hatch, which I am now selling.

I've been wanting to do a milspec connector for my new build but I'm not sure what exactly I will need. Do you have to use larger pins for 4g and 0g wires or are the all the same? I have my engine and lower engine harness combined into one to make things simpler. What is a good number of pins to get with one of these puppies? I think the biggest I've seen them is like a 48 pin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
For the upper and lower engine harnesses (minus the power wires) a 37-pin connector (a very common connector count) works out, barely. In a shell size 23 (also very common), these are fairly inexpensive. These are what I use on all my SR and KA engine harnesses with bulkhead fittings.

For passing main power through the firewall, I like Marinco twist-to-lock connectors (although you can also get Mil-spec circular connectors with 4ga pins, but they're billet pins and very expensive). They're used extensively in the entertainment industry, as well as the marine industry. You can go 4ga or 1/0ga, and they're less than $50 I believe for the bulkhead connnector and the fitting that goes on the line.
yoy fly him out and have him do it for you like half of formula d does!

TEAM SUS*PECT
ALEXTHESUS*PECT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:11 PM   #246
29psiHybrid
Leaky Injector

29psiHybrid is an unknown quantity at this point
My old S13 coupe. VG30dett singled, shaved bay, smoothed fender tubs, hidden brake setup, etc... Circa 2005

And with SR in it, how I sold it.

29psiHybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:16 PM   #247
PerilousActs
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
PerilousActs is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
^ So you're the guy who owns that. Posted a pic of it earlier in this thread.

Chase, there's an old air cooled vdub trick for hiding the wires that go into the distributor. Unfortunately I lost the link to it. It may be worth looking into if you wanna make it even more tucked. Just a thought.
PerilousActs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:16 PM   #248
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
cant link images from myspace.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:33 PM   #249
29psiHybrid
Leaky Injector

29psiHybrid is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerilousActs View Post
^ So you're the guy who owns that. Posted a pic of it earlier in this thread.

Well, used to own it. Sold it to a guy in Georgia and missed it ever since. Where's the pic you posted of it? I never seen him post any pics after he bought it other than the ones I took of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
cant link images from myspace.
Fixed
29psiHybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:15 PM   #250
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
ah I remember that car, I was trying to get the single wiper kit that you had on it but nobody can get their hands on it anymore. Or at least I think it was that car with the single wiper setup.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:42 PM   #251
Chase Bays
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerilousActs View Post
Chase, there's an old air cooled vdub trick for hiding the wires that go into the distributor. Unfortunately I lost the link to it. It may be worth looking into if you wanna make it even more tucked. Just a thought.
Never seen that! Interested in seeing it though.

Update, still not finished;

Old 09-29-2010, 07:22 PM   #252
wannabdr1ftr
Zilvia Junkie

wannabdr1ftr is an unknown quantity at this point
awesome progress guys^^
Old 09-29-2010, 10:32 PM   #253
ETHANOLED SR
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (33)
ETHANOLED SR is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
SR

Engine harness tucked and ready to go, coil packs are not plugged in yet!

Build is still in the works but all the wiring work is complete.
ETHANOLED SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 01:33 AM   #254
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Why would you cut the whole front end off, but leave the factory wheel wells? Perfect opportunity for tubs, and now you'll have to repaint when you lower it (or put real tires on the front) and realize it rubs.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 09:30 AM   #255
ETHANOLED SR
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (33)
ETHANOLED SR is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Man! This has to be like the 10th time I've been ridiculed for not tubbing the car! I didn't see the need for tubs on my car, I think the factory ones look fine and do their small job of keeping some tire dirt away!

The front end slammed on the Tein's, running 18x8.5's never rubbed before with a full lock drift! I plan on running a 25-30mm spacer to accommodate the wide origin fenders I have, so unless I end up running 19's x 11+ with an insane offset I wont have rubbing issues.

Hey Jeff, if worst come to worst I will go back to my original plan and cut out the stock tubs to the towers!
ETHANOLED SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:18 AM   #256
silviaguy240
Post Whore!

silviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfection
yo dudes, whats the easiest way of running the driver side harness through the engine bay, unplugging it from under the dash? because my fender doesnt fit right with it tucked up.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:28 PM   #257
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaguy240 View Post
yo dudes, whats the easiest way of running the driver side harness through the engine bay, unplugging it from under the dash? because my fender doesnt fit right with it tucked up.
This.

Can it reach without having to extend all the wires?

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 01:12 PM   #258
msanchez
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
msanchez is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
tuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaguy240 View Post
I cut all my wires right in the fender well, pulled it back from the headlight area and rerouted it down the drivers side frame rail in the engine bay, pull the loom through that little hole behind the shock tower. I recommend cutting 5 wires at a time and taping the looms together. that way you can stagger your cuts and you dont have to worry about searching through 50 wires to find each end of the cut. solder, heatshrink and loom. took me a few hours.

Edit: dont forget to add some type of heat shielding around the loom where the manifold is before you resolder everything together.
msanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 01:50 PM   #259
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by msanchez View Post
I cut all my wires right in the fender well, pulled it back from the headlight area and rerouted it down the drivers side frame rail in the engine bay, pull the loom through that little hole behind the shock tower. I recommend cutting 5 wires at a time and taping the looms together. that way you can stagger your cuts and you dont have to worry about searching through 50 wires to find each end of the cut. solder, heatshrink and loom. took me a few hours.

Edit: dont forget to add some type of heat shielding around the loom where the manifold is before you resolder everything together.
this is what i done did
Old 09-30-2010, 02:17 PM   #260
silviaguy240
Post Whore!

silviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfection
yea im not really trying to splice 50 wires, was looking for the best non cutting method or maybe i'll just relocate it or something. theres no other wires running to it right? i cant remember off the top of my head and its pouring out.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:42 PM   #261
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Yeahhh, not the type of work I was looking to do. Maybe when I make a custom harness.

I'm going to see if I can flatten out the harness so it doesn't make my fender fit like balls.

If not, out comes the soldering iron I guess.

Old 09-30-2010, 03:14 PM   #262
landins13
Zilvia Addict

landins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choices
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
Yeahhh, not the type of work I was looking to do. Maybe when I make a custom harness.

I'm going to see if I can flatten out the harness so it doesn't make my fender fit like balls.

If not, out comes the soldering iron I guess.
did you remove the plastic loom when you did this? if not then thatd be why the fender sits funny, the plastic wrapping can be taken off and it will help a lot. the wires themselves still should be electrical taped at the very least but the oem plastic shit is a waste. best electrical tape for the job though go to mercedes and buy a couple rolls, theirs is fabric based and holds/looks a lot nicer than the usual vynal or rubber type 3m stuff
Old 09-30-2010, 03:16 PM   #263
landins13
Zilvia Addict

landins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choices
Quote:

you guys need to make an sr harness ka is garbage anyways
Old 09-30-2010, 03:27 PM   #264
REVGASM
Zilvia Addict

REVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to behold
Nothing crazy but heres mine so far...i re'did the fpr so the lines look better than whats show in the picture...
Old 09-30-2010, 03:28 PM   #265
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by landins13 View Post
did you remove the plastic loom when you did this? if not then thatd be why the fender sits funny, the plastic wrapping can be taken off and it will help a lot. the wires themselves still should be electrical taped at the very least but the oem plastic shit is a waste. best electrical tape for the job though go to mercedes and buy a couple rolls, theirs is fabric based and holds/looks a lot nicer than the usual vynal or rubber type 3m stuff
Yessir I did. I'm thinking about untaping the harness, flattening it out, and using some flat plastic on both sides when taping it back up.

Old 09-30-2010, 03:39 PM   #266
msanchez
Zilvia Junkie

msanchez is an unknown quantity at this point
You guys are gonna spend so much time tucking, then retucking, then fitting your fender, then retaping your loom when you realize it still rubs. just spend a few extra hours and relocate it.
just my 2cents.
msanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:56 PM   #267
VYKTR
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (36)
VYKTR is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Great progress Chase. I'm deff. looking forward in seeing the end results.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:25 PM   #268
Chase Bays
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by landins13 View Post
you guys need to make an sr harness ka is garbage anyways
SR20 harness is pending!

Old 10-06-2010, 02:21 AM   #269
Tae-Hyun
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Tae-Hyun is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
^Cant wait for that.

Thread full of win.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:54 PM   #270
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
Quote:

Now THIS is what ChaseBays is all about.

PLEASE make a neat way to run the spark plug wires on the dual cam... 99% of them look fucking terrible.
ILoveMyRHS13 is offline   Reply With Quote