Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 05-15-2016, 07:33 PM   #241
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Found a better shot of the tree in fall I took last fall.

Oh and look at this fucking score! Free. Going in our entryway after I refinish. It happens to be 60" wide which is exactly the size of the opening of the closet area. Shit is going to look bad ass. Thinking of some chalk paint on the top for names and shit.

Old 05-16-2016, 11:29 AM   #242
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
^^^That is a sweet score. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.
Old 05-16-2016, 12:57 PM   #243
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Wait, wait, wait.... so is this a home buying/mortgage cost conversation turned build thread? Lol.
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 03:11 PM   #244
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Well pump died. Need new well, $4,500.

Fuck

My

Life
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 04:40 PM   #245
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by [240sx] View Post
Wait, wait, wait.... so is this a home buying/mortgage cost conversation turned build thread? Lol.
Nail on the head (pun intended).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Well pump died. Need new well, $4,500.

Fuck

My

Life
Isn't owning a home fuuuuuun?!
Old 05-16-2016, 05:17 PM   #246
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Just curious if anyone here is single and owns a home?

exitspeed, I've now convinced myself I can't own a home unless it has an awesome tree planted in the front yard. What type of tree is that?
Old 05-16-2016, 05:28 PM   #247
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post

Yes. Worst decisions of my life.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 05:33 PM   #248
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
I bought my first house when I was 24 and single. ..12 years ago. 1500 sq ft zero lot house, 3 bed, 2 bath, and 2 car garage for $85k. Lived there by myself till 2008, sold the place in 2012 for $86k.
Even now that I'm married, I still pay the mortgage and utilities myself.
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 07:16 PM   #249
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:

exitspeed, I've now convinced myself I can't own a home unless it has an awesome tree planted in the front yard. What type of tree is that?
I've been married for 10 years. We bought our first home before we got married. So no for me.

It's a maple. That tree was probably 25% of the reason I loved the house. I didn't realize it was a big deal until I started talking to the neighbors and they started referring to it as "the tree of the neighborhood".
Old 05-17-2016, 12:51 AM   #250
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
*Raises hand
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 01:16 AM   #251
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
I own a few rental properties
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 07:12 AM   #252
ellopuppet
Leaky Injector

ellopuppet is an unknown quantity at this point
I just purchased/built my first home right at a year ago. 166k 3 bedroom 2 bath 1 car garage. 1466 square feet.

Last edited by ellopuppet; 05-19-2016 at 12:40 PM..
ellopuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 09:16 AM   #253
japslapsilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
japslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:

I do.

I just closed on my house at 4-28-16. 23XX SqFt 4 bed 3 bath 2.5 car garage 235K waiting for the bills to start rolling in. Dam im really never going to finish my car at this rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspecusa View Post

Nothing is rare just expensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
if you've ever been with multiple women, then even you can understand that not all girlfriends are created equal. some are capable of amazing oral talents, while others dont mind a lill back door action.
japslapsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 11:41 AM   #254
Silverbullet
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
Silverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Silverbullet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Hit or miss. Some of the costs they are spending blows my mind. Buy house for 700k, spend 160k renovation, list for 900k.

The pro flippers obviously have a ton of industry connections and are not shopping at Home Depot. It's just like car parts. Most shops/retailers are getting parts for 30-40% under retail.
Unsure at what level you would consider a rehabber a "pro", but majority of rehabbers get matl from home depot. HD does offer discounts to businesses. The value comes from acquiring the property at a discount. Typically aimed for about 70% After Repair Value-(wholesaler fee)- (rehab costs).
Go back to whatever Honda forum you came from.
Silverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 12:43 PM   #255
ellopuppet
Leaky Injector

ellopuppet is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Single guy here, i got a new house about a year ago. (see a couple posts above) Of course i miss having the extra cash in my account, it takes longer to save for parts, but all in all a home is an investment.
ellopuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:34 PM   #256
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

You know you're getting old when....

1930 Baby Grand. Missing the ivory on one key (but the previous owner thinks she has it). Other than that it's in good shape.
Old 06-01-2016, 06:52 PM   #257
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
That's really cool though

Sent from my iPhone
Old 06-02-2016, 03:38 AM   #258
KevinEdgar
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
KevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Bought my house at 21 last year, single, northern California. It's nice to throw money at something useful.

http://milktea-man.com
KevinEdgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 03:15 PM   #259
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
^^^no clue how the hell you can afford a house in Norcal...

Anyways, I moved down to Tampa about a year ago. I got less than 5 yrs left before I retire and this should be my last move and might as well let the military pay for my mortgage. We looked for homes and I really wanted a 3 car garage. Most houses we saw were about $250k, anywhere from 5-10 yrs old. We lucked out and we found builder for around the same price point. Why buy used when we can get a new one? 2600 sq/ft, 4 br, 2.5 baths.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 03:48 PM   #260
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

SoundEfx is an unknown quantity at this point
Here in WA, you have to spend around 450K to have a decent house with no yard and maybe a 2 car garage.
Old 06-03-2016, 04:02 PM   #261
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundEfx View Post
Here in WA, you have to spend around 450K to have a decent house with no yard and maybe a 2 car garage.
Something like that in a nicer area is easily $700k these days here in SoCal.

Congrats dude! That's a nice looking place.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 05:19 PM   #262
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Fliprayzin, you living the fucking dream, man. More pics of that Vette & Solstice!
Old 06-03-2016, 06:58 PM   #263
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Solstice is my dad's. Just storing it for him since my sister and her fam just moved down from CO. Place isnt too shabby, military is giving me $1920 for housing and my escrow is $1740. Utilities has been fairly cheap, electricity has been about $90-110, water/sewage is about $150-160.

Now I got a question since you guys are talking about plants and trees.I had 3 trees planted, one being a damn oak. I pulled that one out and moved the magnolia from the left side of the house to the front yard. Then the other one died (cant remember what it was). Kicker is my sewage line is on that side of the house. Anybody know what I can plant thats not rooty? Or am I just better off just not putting a tree on that side?

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 06-03-2016, 08:27 PM   #264
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
Roots and sewage spell disaster
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 08:34 PM   #265
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawgarage View Post
Roots and sewage spell disaster
I'm waiting for the day when I have to replace my septic tank because of the massive tree close to it. Last time it was cleaned there wasn't any signs of roots, but I know it's coming. The good news is we can move the tank to an empty spot in the yard and really won't have to move much of the piping.
Old 06-03-2016, 09:01 PM   #266
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

But thats the thing I dont get, I had 2 trees on top of that thing. Moved one to the front and the other one just happen to die. I only found the line after I had to dig the dead one out. Roots on it was loose unlike the ones on the the oak. The roots on the oak were almost like vines.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 06-03-2016, 09:07 PM   #267
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

I've got two magnolias in my front yard. I hate them. Roots everywhere and the leaves don't mulch for shit. We bag a lot of grass clippings and leaves, then compost them for our garden.
Old 06-04-2016, 02:19 AM   #268
Frank_Jaeger
Zilvia FREAK!

Frank_Jaeger is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
^^^no clue how the hell you can afford a house in Norcal...

Anyways, I moved down to Tampa about a year ago. I got less than 5 yrs left before I retire and this should be my last move and might as well let the military pay for my mortgage. We looked for homes and I really wanted a 3 car garage. Most houses we saw were about $250k, anywhere from 5-10 yrs old. We lucked out and we found builder for around the same price point. Why buy used when we can get a new one? 2600 sq/ft, 4 br, 2.5 baths.
Amazing garage. Did you sell your S14?
Frank_Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 05:20 AM   #269
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Nice place. We still aren't sure if we're going to do a first floor master bedroom and bathroom addition (which we've had quoted. $100k-$125k) or if we're going to build in about 5 years. Everytime I see a Jew construction like yours though it makes me want to build.
Old 06-04-2016, 09:04 AM   #270
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Jaeger View Post
Amazing garage. Did you sell your S14?
Had a kid offer me $14k for it 2 yrs ago. Bought the c6z right after, hence the reason I've been mia around here. 😅

CLICK HERE!!!