Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA

USA Talk to others in your region.

Old 09-10-2003, 01:21 AM   #241
dvdevo
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
dvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i wanna fly for free
oh yeah rain hehe..thank god for global warming
dvdevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2003, 01:29 AM   #242
nokeone
on strike three.

nokeone is making a name for him/her selfnokeone is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to nokeone Send a message via MSN to nokeone Send a message via Yahoo to nokeone
Quote:
Originally posted by mrfox
nokeone, i went up to check out E.Grade about 2 weeks ago... it was all torn up and under construction. are we talking about the same road or is that all finished? 'perciate a report.
somewhat...for the duration that we are E.G. it is perfectly fine...only about one 1/8 mile section where it is bumpy..but no potholes...just like where roots grow under the road and make little bumps...the rest of the drive is on roads connected to E.G. and then on a road which leads down to HWY 1..this is the really fun part..save the best for last and all that...

in case anyone is wondering the vagueness of words is to preserve annonimity of the spots..

but to put the roads into perspective...i have TEIN HE's on my car and it sits maybe 2 or 3 inches off the ground and i don't scrape....so they can't be all that bad..lol
Old 09-10-2003, 01:43 AM   #243
ootranceformeroo
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
ootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ootranceformeroo
Hey how do the HE's run? I have them too but do you get that front drivers side too when you hit a bump? Someone told me it could be the main bolt that olds the pillowball could be loose or something. Just not sure but I will be tightening them soon.
Drift Unit
ootranceformeroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 01:53 AM   #244
Sil-Abc
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (13)
Sil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sil-Abc
so about this meet....where's it goin to be and when?
Sil-Abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 01:56 AM   #245
nokeone
on strike three.

nokeone is making a name for him/her selfnokeone is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to nokeone Send a message via MSN to nokeone Send a message via Yahoo to nokeone
Quote:
Originally posted by ootranceformeroo
Hey how do the HE's run? I have them too but do you get that front drivers side too when you hit a bump? Someone told me it could be the main bolt that olds the pillowball could be loose or something. Just not sure but I will be tightening them soon.
i think you left out a word in your first question...lol..

but i am going to guess you are asking about a clunk or a knocking...and yes i did get it when they were first installed...basically the advice you got is correct...if you tighten the top nut on the fronts (the one inside of which sits the dampening adjustment or in other words the one which sits around the dampening adjustment..lol) then it will go away...just hold the spring in your hand and tighen it down as much as you can...it'll take care of it..

and as for the HE's themselves...i love um...plenty stiff on the track when i turn up the dampers and not horribly stiff with the damper on soft for around town driving...
Old 09-10-2003, 01:58 AM   #246
dvdevo
Zilvia FREAK!

dvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enough
yo sil abc.. goto chineseboi's bbq on friday.. look for his thread.
Old 09-10-2003, 02:02 AM   #247
Sil-Abc
Premium Member

Sil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfection
this friday...err...i might have work but ill see what i can do. hopefully someone can take my shift
Old 09-10-2003, 02:02 AM   #248
ootranceformeroo
Nissanaholic!

ootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to behold
Hey thanks nokeone. FINALLY I can fix that problem! haha Ill let you know if it works...when it works...
Drift Unit
Old 09-10-2003, 02:06 AM   #249
driftcrazy
Zilvia Member

driftcrazy is an unknown quantity at this point
so whas up with this meet in SF yall. is it poppin or what. hit us up with the details. i think SF is better then santa cruz besides the fact its way closer to most of us.
driftcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 02:09 AM   #250
ootranceformeroo
Nissanaholic!

yeah as long as the santa cruise peoples are down. haha it will probaly be at GG park if thats fine with everyone? When are you guys free so we can make this a pretty big turn out?
Drift Unit
Old 09-10-2003, 02:12 AM   #251
Sil-Abc
Premium Member

what time and day should we do this best cuz if u think about it GG will be packed on sat and sun in the afternoon so parkin would be a ***** to do especially if we wanna find a completely empty lot just for us
Old 09-10-2003, 02:13 AM   #252
ootranceformeroo
Nissanaholic!

oh dam..anyone know of any other parks? BIG PARKS WITH BIG PARKING LOTS?!

SilABC - foster city...? John?

alright well its late and imma be out....be back tm!
Drift Unit

Last edited by ootranceformeroo; 09-10-2003 at 02:16 AM..
Old 09-10-2003, 02:20 AM   #253
s13chica
Zilvia Junkie

s13chica is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to s13chica
I'll look into parks this week, and let you know what I find....I'll try to find something closer to SF if possible.
Old 09-10-2003, 02:22 AM   #254
Sil-Abc
Premium Member

yep. im guessin this is daniel cuz the sn is the same as ur email right?

If we have a meet over in SF, won't everyone get separated? i mean i go there all the time and if a friend is following, he'd get stuck in traffic, so if theres like 20+ cars i dont think we could really follow eachother or get there all at once or even find the place. Not trying to shoot this meet down but i mean you have to admit, gettin a meet in SF is really hard but when it does happen, itd be great.

Last edited by Sil-Abc; 09-10-2003 at 02:27 AM..
Old 09-10-2003, 09:56 AM   #255
stealthj
Zilvia Junkie

stealthj is making a name for him/her selfstealthj is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to stealthj
fine if u wanna have the meet before october 4th

HAVE IT before october 4th
Old 09-10-2003, 12:26 PM   #256
nokeone
on strike three.

SF is just too crowded and too hectic...it doesn't have to be in Santa Cruz, if you want it closer to the Central Bay Area, but it should be in a city that is smaller...there's always Fremont with it's huge park...lots of parking...and BBQ pits already there...plus it's free...

the park is Fremont Central Park next to Lake Elizabeth...i've been to meets there before and they work wonderfully..and we never get hasseled...

just more ideas...

Old 09-10-2003, 03:16 PM   #257
driftcrazy
Zilvia Member

driftcrazy is an unknown quantity at this point
yo it really dont matter to me whenever. as long as u can give me the date a week early so i can get the day off u know. i am always off on weekdayz so u know that will work too, but whatever yall agree too. jus hit me up.
driftcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 03:19 PM   #258
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

RBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura about
None of you guys up in the city can bitch about how long of a drive it is to get down here to SC. It's only an hour, hour 15 if you drive slow.

I did it for the daly city meet. it was fine.
Old 09-10-2003, 04:01 PM   #259
ootranceformeroo
Nissanaholic!

Yeah I think so it should be fair if we have it more central. That way more people will come out b/c the drive wont be "long" for anyone. I would say Foster City because its small and the streets are pretty wide but theres a lot of cops around in FC.

Hmm...San Mateo, Redwood City, Santa Clara, San Jose...just going through some cities but not sure where to actually have it. (where we can meet) Does anyone know any big parks or any private areas we can hang out for awhile around there? Movie thearter parking lots? Anything?
Drift Unit
Old 09-10-2003, 04:24 PM   #260
SilviaNinja240
Zilvia FREAK!

SilviaNinja240 will become famous soon enoughSilviaNinja240 will become famous soon enoughSilviaNinja240 will become famous soon enough
How about that mini-golf/go-kart/arcade place in redwood city? Then we have something to do besides looking at SRs all day/night
SilviaNinja240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 04:36 PM   #261
kazuo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
kazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i think we need to meet up @ GGP in frisco and ****in play football or some ****. S13 Coupes and S14 vs Hatchbacks!

woot.

then we can drive down great highway and cruise down the coast... ;p

GGP is cool for parking as long as we make arrangements in advance for one of the pits and get there early... we can hog all the spots.

~bored at work!!!
kazuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 04:40 PM   #262
kazuo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
kazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally posted by dvdevo
kazuo: you're the guy with the nicest looking 240 right?
Mein Silbeer (currently: oneeyed onevia!) is teh hotness.

kazuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 05:17 PM   #263
dvdevo
Zilvia FREAK!

heh yep thats u.
Old 09-10-2003, 06:50 PM   #264
Sil-Abc
Premium Member

heh. when do u plan to fix the other headlight? also i might need ur number cuz i might need to buy a deck and some speakers.
Old 09-10-2003, 07:01 PM   #265
SilviaNinja240
Zilvia FREAK!

SilviaNinja240 will become famous soon enoughSilviaNinja240 will become famous soon enoughSilviaNinja240 will become famous soon enough
I think he already ordered another silvia front end, should be here fairly soon
SilviaNinja240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 07:18 PM   #266
dvdevo
Zilvia FREAK!

i want speakers too 5xsoemthing's? just gotta custom mount them..
Old 09-10-2003, 08:55 PM   #267
ootranceformeroo
Nissanaholic!

redwood city Malibu? or Golden Gate Park? Those seem to be the choices now...unless we get more saying elsewhere. Malibu being the new one.
Drift Unit
Old 09-10-2003, 08:57 PM   #268
nokeone
on strike three.

i vote redwood city..it's nicely in the middle...

but are there any roads to drive spiritedly on around there??
Old 09-10-2003, 08:59 PM   #269
ootranceformeroo
Nissanaholic!

we can always go to the same ol' roads..just a bit of a drive.
Drift Unit
Old 09-10-2003, 09:07 PM   #270
nokeone
on strike three.

^^ sounds like a plan...i'll follow..

no one drive too close in case i spin out..lol....hmmm we'll put scott behind me..