Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:14 PM   #241
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
photobucket.com make a name if you don't already have one. upload the pictures from your computer then once its uploaded use the [IMG] tag to post on the forums.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:40 PM   #242
Redline_GT

Trader Rating: (0)
Redline_GT is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by waste_of_space View Post
Guys that are worried about the engines being "jdm" or not, check to see if there's an oil level sensor in the oil pan (looking at the front of the engine, will be on the lower right). This was only offered on luxury vehicles (I.e. jdm aristos) and check the number plate that should have been shipped with your motor (mine was taped to my ecu). Jzs147 is an aristo.
But regardless, what does it matter if it's jdm or not? Like others have said, if it's a 2j and is jdm it would have a hydrofan setup and you'd have to buy a complete (front and back half) usdm waterpump anyways.

The motor I got (which my friend got from zerolift) was supposed to be a front sump swapped supra motor, but ended up being an aristo motor. So they lied to him and he had to purchase a full water pump (he had already purchased the front half since that's all he should have needed). And when he called them to see if they could help him out they basically said tough shit, buy a full waterpump and get aftermarket pullies. I won't ever deal with zerolift.
Hey Waste, I ordered from Turbodave like you, but yet have to see them. Just for giggles, would you mind sharing how long it took you from payment to receiving the parts? I ordered on November 2011. Can not for the life of me get a hold of him, and if I do, I get told it is almost done and should be on it way soon. Any insight would be great
Redline_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:27 PM   #243
waste_of_space
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (22)
waste_of_space is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline_GT View Post
Hey Waste, I ordered from Turbodave like you, but yet have to see them. Just for giggles, would you mind sharing how long it took you from payment to receiving the parts? I ordered on November 2011. Can not for the life of me get a hold of him, and if I do, I get told it is almost done and should be on it way soon. Any insight would be great

Damn that long?!
Mounts/shifter extension/driveshaft were ordered at the beginning of feb and the mounts and the shifter extension got here at the end of march.
I'm still waiting on the driveshaft though, who knows how long it'll take.
Try using the 240atlanta forums to get ahold of him, make a review thread about him and complain and I'm sure you'll be able to get in touch with him.
waste_of_space is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:41 PM   #244
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
2muchboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Anybody have more pix of that Flat Red 240 on Pg 8? I agree that a kid should not be driving something with that much power. That thing was built to the ballz

I had the pictures from the guys for sale thread but once I switched jobs I lost them all. That was one of the cleanest and sickest 2j swaps I have seen done to date. That was actually the car that got me motivated to begin my project. Just hope it turns out 1/2 as clean and complete as that swap.
2muchboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:21 PM   #245
ta2dpnoy
Zilvia Member

ta2dpnoy is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't know if you all care, but i'd just like to mention that Ben from Freed Engineering has found me a 1jz vvti harness for $450 and he'll do the conversion for $500. I really thought I was stuck or have to pay a huge amount of money for someome to make me one from scratch. Thanks to florante rea for mentioning Freed Engineering!
ta2dpnoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:46 PM   #246
Memberofthe600hpkaclub
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
Memberofthe600hpkaclub is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchboost View Post
Anybody have more pix of that Flat Red 240 on Pg 8? I agree that a kid should not be driving something with that much power. That thing was built to the ballz

I had the pictures from the guys for sale thread but once I switched jobs I lost them all. That was one of the cleanest and sickest 2j swaps I have seen done to date. That was actually the car that got me motivated to begin my project. Just hope it turns out 1/2 as clean and complete as that swap.

Pm me your number and ill have him send you them
Memberofthe600hpkaclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:54 PM   #247
BadazzSr20
Zilvia Junkie

BadazzSr20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ta2dpnoy View Post
I don't know if you all care, but i'd just like to mention that Ben from Freed Engineering has found me a 1jz vvti harness for $450 and he'll do the conversion for $500. I really thought I was stuck or have to pay a huge amount of money for someome to make me one from scratch. Thanks to florante rea for mentioning Freed Engineering!
i just sent him my 1jz harness and sr harness i heard lot of great things about him. ill be talking to him about my harness tomorrow that's when FedEx says he will get it.

so far every time i talked to him hes been a really straight up guy and his prices beats everyone out there from what i have talked to him about so far.

i haven't seen his work but the feeling i get from just talking to him im sure i wont be disappointed at all!!!

ill fill u all in once i get my harness back from him
BadazzSr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:18 PM   #248
Flipnirish
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Flipnirish is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
He did my harness for my swap and everything looked great. He even labeled all the wires. High quality work and would recommend him to anyone.
Flipnirish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:57 AM   #249
florante rea
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (43)
florante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Send a message via AIM to florante rea Send a message via Yahoo to florante rea
Yeah Ben is good. I'm actually getting all my 2j swap kit from him.
Can anyone confirm what to look for on actual r154 transmission? I just received mine and just wanted to make sure i bought one, hope its not w58.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:48 AM   #250
ta2dpnoy
Zilvia Member

ta2dpnoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by florante rea View Post
Yeah Ben is good. I'm actually getting all my 2j swap kit from him.
Can anyone confirm what to look for on actual r154 transmission? I just received mine and just wanted to make sure i bought one, hope its not w58.
here you go

W58 vs R154 Gearbox Specification

or post pic of your transmission.
ta2dpnoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:24 AM   #251
florante rea
Zilvia FREAK!

florante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of light
^^^ thanks for the link, yeah i got r154 for sure
Old 04-07-2012, 01:21 PM   #252
florante rea
Zilvia FREAK!

Akina motorsports another company to consider getting swap kits and other related parts.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:26 AM   #253
1jzs14
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
1jzs14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Do not use Jordan innovations for your wirring took two months and wires were left cut nothing taped up also it did not start!
1jzs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:22 AM   #254
florante rea
Zilvia FREAK!

Im considering akina motorsports for their 1jz bell housing and manifold.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:00 PM   #255
BadazzSr20
Zilvia Junkie

need help guys.

ok so im getting ready to drop the motor in. only 2 things i dont no yet

1.) i need to know the fittings i need to run the fuel lines from the tank tot he front of the car. i know the line it self is 5/16s but what fittings do i need that comes from the tank and what fittings do i need to connect it to the 1jz?

2.) ok i hear the stock clutch line i have will be the same pitch as the 1jz. i have a sr20 clutch line. but im hearing ill need to bend the claster master cyc lines?

is everyone just runnin the stock master cyc with the chase bay clutch line is there any fab needed to the master cyc.. for it to work?

thanks guys.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:44 PM   #256
Sarom_ps13
Zilvia Member

Sarom_ps13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quick question whats the exact length to extend the shifter for a 1jz/R154 in to s13 i found a guy that can do it i just want the length. thanks
Old 04-10-2012, 06:24 PM   #257
CDD200
Leaky Injector

CDD200 is an unknown quantity at this point
^^ I used a wilwood clutch mc with a custom line, but my car was auto to start
Old 04-10-2012, 06:37 PM   #258
waste_of_space
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (22)
waste_of_space is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Go to a local oreilly's and have them make you a clutch line that goes from clutch to slave. It's like $2 a foot or something stupid cheap.
waste_of_space is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:36 PM   #259
jodett

jodett is an unknown quantity at this point
any updates on stuff ordered from theturbodave? i want to order a driveshaft, but not if people are getting shit service
jodett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:41 AM   #260
rtm18990

rtm18990 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadazzSr20 View Post
ok so im getting ready to drop the motor in. only 2 things i dont no yet

1.) i need to know the fittings i need to run the fuel lines from the tank tot he front of the car. i know the line it self is 5/16s but what fittings do i need that comes from the tank and what fittings do i need to connect it to the 1jz?

2.) ok i hear the stock clutch line i have will be the same pitch as the 1jz. i have a sr20 clutch line. but im hearing ill need to bend the claster master cyc lines?

is everyone just runnin the stock master cyc with the chase bay clutch line is there any fab needed to the master cyc.. for it to work?

thanks guys.

the thread pitch for the 240 clutch master cylinder and the 1jz slave cylinder are the same on both sides the only difference is how the line is routed. The slave cylinder on the r154/w58 is on the drivers side of the trans. The 240sx slave cylinder is on the passenger side of the trans.

the chase bays stainless steel line will bolt up with no modifications. but for much cheaper you can bend your own hard lines and flare the fittings on to the lines.
rtm18990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:57 PM   #261
BadazzSr20
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtm18990 View Post
the thread pitch for the 240 clutch master cylinder and the 1jz slave cylinder are the same on both sides the only difference is how the line is routed. The slave cylinder on the r154/w58 is on the drivers side of the trans. The 240sx slave cylinder is on the passenger side of the trans.

the chase bays stainless steel line will bolt up with no modifications. but for much cheaper you can bend your own hard lines and flare the fittings on to the lines.

well were going to use the 1jz slave cylinder and a sr20 clutch line. i think i wont need to bend any lines this way. only diffrence i see right now is that the sr20 clutch line is longer. i used the 1jz slave cylinder so i wouldnt have to bend any hard lines once the motor is in ill see what needs to be done better.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:00 PM   #262
BadazzSr20
Zilvia Junkie

for my fuel lines i just bought some advanced auto fuel lines and got some fittings from home depo that worked out rather well. i just ran the lines from the tank where the hard lines begin and then used a fitting to connect them to the lines i bought. from there i just put them over the diff and then run them along side of the sub frame.

my question is the diff shouldn't get hot enough to hurt that hose right? i was thinking of getting a foot or 2 of heat wrap and laying it on top of the diff were the fuel lines are laying on the diff or i don't even need that??
Old 04-11-2012, 10:26 PM   #263
Deftec
Zilvia Junkie

Deftec is making his/her stupidity well-knownDeftec is making his/her stupidity well-knownDeftec is making his/her stupidity well-knownDeftec is making his/her stupidity well-knownDeftec is making his/her stupidity well-known
Run the lines over to the driver side and clamp them to the frame, that's what I did. I'd avoid just laying them on anything or allowing them to have much movement.

As far as master cylinders you should be able to use the stock 240 master as long as you have a conversion hose(I used tech2's, bought this probably 4+ years ago when they first came out).
Old 04-14-2012, 12:45 AM   #264
BadazzSr20
Zilvia Junkie

have another question what down pipe can i use with a s14 and stock twins?

i see on page 1 theres 2 kinda down pipes the first one looks to be for a signle turbo setup. will the 2nd picture down pipe work for my car?
Old 04-16-2012, 10:22 PM   #265
landins13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
landins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
im trying to see if anyone has any more detailed information about hooking up the dakota digital box for the speedo. I have the later generation r154 with the oem tripod trans if it makes a difference. I know what wires need to go where my question is more of how your jumpers are set.

ive been having a hard time finding out the the pulse rate is compared to what it should be
Old 04-17-2012, 07:35 AM   #266
landins13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
landins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
anyone have any input on the subject?
Old 04-17-2012, 04:47 PM   #267
florante rea
Zilvia FREAK!

The front cover plate for the r154 are available right now from marlin crawler. The thrust washer and shifter fork should be available this summer. I know many ppl are waiting for these. Im pretty much waiting for the other parts so i can rebuild my trans.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:01 PM   #268
CDD200
Leaky Injector

CDD200 is an unknown quantity at this point
^ ck with driftmotion see if aarons has the parts in stock that is where i got mine.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:55 PM   #269
florante rea
Zilvia FREAK!

^^^i did, but i already ordered some available parts directly from mc. Right now im waiting for the washer and shifter fork. Im def going to get the rebuild kit from Driftmotion.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:47 PM   #270
Deftec
Zilvia Junkie

Deftec is making his/her stupidity well-knownDeftec is making his/her stupidity well-knownDeftec is making his/her stupidity well-knownDeftec is making his/her stupidity well-knownDeftec is making his/her stupidity well-known
You have an online manual you're using to rebuild your 154? I might try the crawler setup if(when) my trans goes again. It's currently holding 600hp completely stock lol.