Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 10:24 PM   #241
EchoOfSilence
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
EchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EchoOfSilence
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff240sx
Again.. I don't know why people think posting pics of KA24E motors with ITBs is relevant and new. The once-cams have done everything the twice cams haven't. 300hp race motors. ITBs. We know. Quit posting them. It's not even on topic.
-Jeff
I was giving an example for a higher-end job on ITB's for someone, don't get butt-hurt. I wasn't trying to downplay the de's ITB job.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:58 PM   #242
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
hmm been doing that alot lately
Old 06-02-2005, 11:24 PM   #243
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

RBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura about
I'll definately get a vid clip of it for you guys. If I can, I'll get a flyby clip too at like the top of 3rd. that would rock. haha

I will take more pics tomorrow. I've got 90ish % of the wiring done now. Still have plenty of stuff to do, but it's coming along nicely.

As for filters, I'm not planning on running any right now, just want to get it running. However, once I have some more time, I'll rig something up.

cheers
Old 06-02-2005, 11:38 PM   #244
EchoOfSilence
Nissanaholic!

EchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBS14
I'll definately get a vid clip of it for you guys. If I can, I'll get a flyby clip too at like the top of 3rd. that would rock. haha

I will take more pics tomorrow. I've got 90ish % of the wiring done now. Still have plenty of stuff to do, but it's coming along nicely.

As for filters, I'm not planning on running any right now, just want to get it running. However, once I have some more time, I'll rig something up.

cheers

good stuff, look forward to seeing more on this.
good luck
Old 06-03-2005, 02:18 AM   #245
kenshinS14sks
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
kenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBS14
well it's coming along. got the TB's bolted on, the stock wiring harness removed and the new one mostly in.

Couple pics:

so um....where are the dyno graphs??? io wanna see....look so pretty
Old 06-03-2005, 05:36 AM   #246
s14slide
Zilvia Addict

s14slide is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to s14slide
I'm not too sure if I'm serious about this comment, but I think that would look hot with an intake scoop right over the TB's. Like the big round ones on funny cars, but not so big. But then again, it would probably look better when backed up by a few hundred ponies. This just into my head while typing, with the scoop installed, you could box off the TB's so all they get is fresh, cool outside air. I can't believe I'm actually posting this out loud. Oh well, one of my crazier thoughts.

Oh, BTW (OT). After one more look at the pic above, I've gotta ask why you have duct tape on your BMC?
Old 06-03-2005, 11:27 AM   #247
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

RBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura about
S14slide: the Duct tape was put on by the tech guys at one of the track events I went to long ago and I never took it off.

Guys and Gals, Photobucket is being stupid, so I made my account there publically accessible. Direct linking won't be back up until July. Here's the link.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v607/ScooterS14/ITBs/
Old 06-03-2005, 11:46 AM   #248
90RS13
Zilvia Junkie

90RS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Just make sure when you're tuning filter-less you do a thorough FOD check. It doesn't take much to screw-ball an engine. But judging by all the work you've put into this I'm sure you're being thorough, and careful.
Old 06-03-2005, 06:01 PM   #249
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Trader Rating: (10)
NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoOfSilence
I was giving an example for a higher-end job on ITB's for someone, don't get butt-hurt. I wasn't trying to downplay the de's ITB job.

you can get slapped back talking the mods, SON!!
Old 06-04-2005, 01:11 AM   #250
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

alright, some more pics for you guys.

Little update first. All of the wiring is done now and all I have to do is shrink fit the trigger wheel for the ignition onto the crank pulley, then try starting her up. Hopefully I'll try to get her running by the end of tomorrow, but most likely sunday. Can't wait!

Ok, pics.

From above...

Made the block off plate for the distributor, which also doubles as a mounting plate for the new coil. (note, I'm hoping to get a nice aluminum one machined once I go back to San Diego at the end of the summer, but this will do for now.)

Bet you aren't used to seeing an oil filter and alternator sticking out like that are you?... haha starter is out in the open now too. I've got so much room now I could make an oven to bolt onto my block so lunch will be piping hot half way through a track day. Make good use of that heat... haha

This is where the new harness is coming throug the firewall, as opposed to the larger hole to the right where the stock one went through.

The mess that my interior is right now...

that's it for now.

Cheers
Old 06-04-2005, 01:50 AM   #251
Drunk Bastard
Zilvia FREAK!

Drunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Drunk Bastard
damn. that looks awesome. i hope it starts up fine and runs great!!!

good job, and good luck!
Old 06-04-2005, 08:25 AM   #252
docrice
Zilvia Junkie

docrice is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to docrice
That is so freakin beautiful....
Old 06-04-2005, 04:09 PM   #253
EchoOfSilence
Nissanaholic!

Good Shit
Old 06-04-2005, 10:56 PM   #254
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

It Runs!!

After getting the crank pulley all finished and mounted, I got no spark. Did some quick trouble shooting and found I had 2 wires switched accidentally (DOH!), and still no spark. I switched 2 other wires and it fired right up. Turns out the wiring diagram was wrong.

Let me tell you, it sounds NUTS! havn't gotten it above 3k rpm, but even below there it sounds REALLY pissed. Oh yeah, and it's obnoxiously lound under load. I took a video of the tach revving it a bit with sound, but the sound quality is horrible, so I'm gonna wait until I have access to a better camera to post up a clip. It will be soon tho. Even with no tuning done and the extremely rich base map, it's extremely responsive. Can't wait till I've got it tuned, it's going to be a beast.

Here's a couple pics of the crank pulley with the trigger wheel freshly fit onto it. The heat tempering on the wheel looks cool.

And this was on our trash bin this morning... Banana slugs are cool. haha

Last edited by RBS14; 06-04-2005 at 11:29 PM..
Old 06-04-2005, 11:11 PM   #255
jOeHaCk98
Zilvia Addict

jOeHaCk98 is making a name for him/her selfjOeHaCk98 is making a name for him/her self
congrats... i am intrested in seeing the power.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:52 PM   #256
atom
Zilvia FREAK!

atom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to all
Awesome, more banana slug pics!!! That fucker's huge.

Did you ever try getting MS to work with the stock ignition?
Old 06-05-2005, 12:04 AM   #257
SR240DET
Zilvia FREAK!

SR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to SR240DET
Quote:
Originally Posted by atom
Awesome, more banana slug pics!!! That fucker's huge.

Did you ever try getting MS to work with the stock ignition?
MS wont work with stock ignition...
Old 06-05-2005, 12:20 AM   #258
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

nope, never tried with stock ignition. The EDIS ignition wasn't that hard to set up. The hardest part was the crank pulley and trigger wheel. I'm lucky to have a friend who is a CNC machinist.

However, the S14 tach does work with the EDIS module, so that's great.
Old 06-05-2005, 01:07 AM   #259
atom
Zilvia FREAK!

atom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR240DET
MS wont work with stock ignition...
Have you ever actually tried it though?

Reason I ask is because classic Z guys have gotten MSNS to work with the stock ignition using the signal off their cam sensor from a 280z fed to a GM HEI. The 280zx cam sensor design is almost exactly like the KA cam sensor except 6 slotted vs. our 4 slotted disk.

EDIS is easier since it's guaranteed to work but I'd rather not switch out things if necessary.
Old 06-05-2005, 09:45 AM   #260
SR240DET
Zilvia FREAK!

SR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to SR240DET
i have already looked into that... good luck... thats all i gotta say.. edis is easy and straight foward.... why spend soo much time to make things so much more complicated when you can get the same results the easy way?

after my research i personally think edis is the ideal setup.... but if you can get the GM HEI to work.... all the more power to you.... at this point its personal prefrence.....
Old 06-05-2005, 11:29 AM   #261
turtl631
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
turtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Very cool. Definitely post a complete mod list and dyno chart when you get it tuned. It's nice that someone is really pursuing no holds barred NA power on the KA. If you raise the compression this thing will truely be a beast.
Old 06-05-2005, 01:14 PM   #262
Drunk Bastard
Zilvia FREAK!

Drunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Drunk Bastard
get that vid up soon!
Old 06-05-2005, 01:53 PM   #263
kapower
Leaky Injector

kapower is an unknown quantity at this point
How clean is the map signal? Did you have to use a vacuum delay vavle? Does'nt the MS II have a blended Speed density, Alpha N' control algarithom, or is that the Ultra MS? Would you mind posting your timing map if you make any revisions? I've had the MS controling fuel for a while now, and I'am about ready to install the MS II upgrade, so I can control ignition timing. Which injector's do you have banked together? Motec's web site recomends banking the injectors in the same way a waste spark ignition system would be paired. 1&4 and 2&3. Thanks for the great write up!
Old 06-05-2005, 04:01 PM   #264
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

Map signla is fine. ports 1&2 are Tee'd together and same for 2&4, then those 2 are Tee'd into one that goes to MS. No vacuum canister or anything. I'm not sure about a blended SD and Alpah N' algorithm, havn't looked into MSII or UMS really. Just been focusing on getting mine running. I'm just running stock timing map right now. Only changes is I'v backed max timing bins off to 40dbtdc. I have injectors 1&2 and 3&4 in their respective batches. above about 2000 rpm, you can get the injectors to fire when the valves are open, so it's all the same after that. Pair whichever 2 you like.
Old 06-05-2005, 04:38 PM   #265
jOeHaCk98
Zilvia Addict

jOeHaCk98 is making a name for him/her selfjOeHaCk98 is making a name for him/her self
Maybe i missed it in the 9 pages, but do you have an estimated power output?
Old 06-05-2005, 06:58 PM   #266
EchoOfSilence
Nissanaholic!

can't wait for the video update, man!
excuse my ignorance, but what's the reason for fashioning the trigger wheel into the cank pulley?
Old 06-05-2005, 11:37 PM   #267
morpheus8486
Zilvia Member

morpheus8486 has a little shameless behavior in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoOfSilence
can't wait for the video update, man!
excuse my ignorance, but what's the reason for fashioning the trigger wheel into the cank pulley?
It was explained earlier on in the thread. Basically there is a sensor that reads the teeth on the trigger wheel and everytime one is missing (hence the one tooth missing) the ignition fires. I think that's right. Anyways, badass looking setup. I can't wait to find out what kind of power this will put out. Keep up the good work.
Old 06-06-2005, 01:39 AM   #268
AREITU

AREITU is an unknown quantity at this point
Beautiful job!

I hope vids pop up soon.

Anyway, ignore the flame war.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:47 AM   #269
ESCALVANTE
Leaky Injector

ESCALVANTE is making a name for him/her selfESCALVANTE is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to ESCALVANTE
Thumbs up Fresh!!!

Congrats man!!! Glad to see your hard work finally paid off.

When are you planning on dyno testing this thing?

I can't wait to see the vids.
Old 06-07-2005, 03:20 PM   #270
SSDwellah

SSDwellah is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESCALVANTE
...I can't wait to see the vids.
I concur...
Closed Thread