Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-31-2010, 03:43 PM   #2671
nddavis2
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
nddavis2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Since I've had my 91 hatch, the driver side window has come up at a slight angle and when it gets to the top it pops back into the proper place. My guess is that it's been broken into before I got the car and it is slightly off. Anyone have a clue how to fix this? I haven't messed much with the windows before and last thing I want is to mess it completely up. BTW I have power windows as you probably figured out.
nddavis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2010, 06:06 PM   #2672
axiomatik
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
If you take off your door panel, there are tons of adjustments you can make to the assembly, moving the glass up, down, front, back, in, out. It isn't easy. I still need to re-adjust my window after replacing the whole track unit a few years back. It's close, but not where it should be.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:19 AM   #2673
h2v7
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
h2v7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
where can i find the pully for power stearing ka24e

or what is the part number to order

pictured below

h2v7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:26 AM   #2674
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
why not just go to the dealer?
Old 09-01-2010, 01:04 PM   #2675
JohnnyDrfiter22
Zilvia Addict

JohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura about
What's the size of the oil pan bolt for the Greddy oil pan??
JohnnyDrfiter22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 01:08 PM   #2676
allntrlundrgrnd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
allntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
So I rolled down my driver side manual window too fast and broke something so I could not roll the window back up. I pulled the panel off to screw with it and the cable got twisted around the regulator i guess you would call it and I broke that trying to force the window up.

Can anyone shed some light on how to fix/replace this part? i have no a/c so windows down is crucial.
allntrlundrgrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 01:19 PM   #2677
SaNTi
Zilvia Addict

SaNTi is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by axiomatik View Post
If you take off your door panel, there are tons of adjustments you can make to the assembly, moving the glass up, down, front, back, in, out. It isn't easy. I still need to re-adjust my window after replacing the whole track unit a few years back. It's close, but not where it should be.
I always get a loud clicking noise whenever my window is up. Sounds like the glass is moving around, or something, I'm not sure. It goes away as soon as I lower the window. I took the door panel off and tried to tightening some of the nuts on the rack but it didn't do anything. Any ideas?
SaNTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 02:15 PM   #2678
KC_240sx

Trader Rating: (1)
KC_240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Does anyone have a picture of how concave the inside of the s13 SE wheels are? Im looking to see if my new wheels I want to get will fit the Z32 brakes.
KC_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 02:19 PM   #2679
duffman1278
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
duffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to duffman1278
What is this exactly? I pulled it out of my old SR ECU when I bought the motor awhile back. And is there anyway to know whats on it?

duffman1278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 05:43 PM   #2680
heavenboundkevin
Zilvia Addict

heavenboundkevin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2v7 View Post

pictured below
490 Power Steering Pump :: Steering :: Genuine Nissan Parts :: 240SX Parts (S13) 1989-1994 :: Nissan Parts, NISMO and Nissan Accessories - Courtesyparts.com

its not available from them at the moment, but you can use that info to find them.
heavenboundkevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 06:40 PM   #2681
xBtony
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
xBtony is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Where can i find a gasket for an aftermarket header for my single cam? The oem gasket isnt holding up. hahah
xBtony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 06:54 PM   #2682
DaveSev
Leaky Injector

DaveSev is an unknown quantity at this point
Wondering what you guys think is a fair price for this car-

1996 SE, pretty loaded with leather (not crazy about leather, but just sayin'), VLSD, 5 speed, no rust (which is a very big deal for where i live), ABS, cruise, sunroof. Two small dents on exterior (haven't seen pictures yet), and it has a purple hood that looks damn near close to black. Owner says it needs nothing to be a good DD, he was going to replace the clutch just because he does that whenever he gets new cars (he said it was fine), and replace the rear subframe bushings. We've been chatting and I'm positive he's being honest about the car. Clean title.

I know it is hard to say without a test drive, especially with that many miles. But assuming it is in excellent condition, what do you guys think is a good deal? Before I tell you how much he's asking...haha. And for the record, I have looked all summer for deals on 240's in my area, and I haven't found anything close to half as nice as this one appears to be.
DaveSev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:14 PM   #2683
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2v7 View Post

pictured below
junkyard, cheap

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSev View Post
Wondering what you guys think is a fair price for this car-

1996 SE, pretty loaded with leather (not crazy about leather, but just sayin'), VLSD, 5 speed, no rust (which is a very big deal for where i live), ABS, cruise, sunroof. Two small dents on exterior (haven't seen pictures yet), and it has a purple hood that looks damn near close to black. Owner says it needs nothing to be a good DD, he was going to replace the clutch just because he does that whenever he gets new cars (he said it was fine), and replace the rear subframe bushings. We've been chatting and I'm positive he's being honest about the car. Clean title.

I know it is hard to say without a test drive, especially with that many miles. But assuming it is in excellent condition, what do you guys think is a good deal? Before I tell you how much he's asking...haha. And for the record, I have looked all summer for deals on 240's in my area, and I haven't found anything close to half as nice as this one appears to be.
depends
is the seller knowledgeable about the car?
is so be prepared to pay the drift tax
if not, I'd say 3.5 to 4 is reasonable depending on the condition
you won't know for sure until you see it
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 05:38 AM   #2684
DaveSev
Leaky Injector

DaveSev is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoNegra View Post
junkyard, cheap

depends
is the seller knowledgeable about the car?
is so be prepared to pay the drift tax
if not, I'd say 3.5 to 4 is reasonable depending on the condition
you won't know for sure until you see it
He knows what it is but he knows what it isn't, I guess you could say. He's an engineer and he owns a compression gauge, I know that much. He's selling the car because his neighbor is selling his 300ZX and it's a great deal.
DaveSev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 07:58 AM   #2685
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
are oem s13 usdm rear calipers the same as oem s14 rear calipers. is there any difference vs abs non abs?

thanks
Old 09-02-2010, 10:02 AM   #2686
stinky_180
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
stinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to stinky_180
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffman1278 View Post
What is this exactly? I pulled it out of my old SR ECU when I bought the motor awhile back. And is there anyway to know whats on it?

That is a daughter board. Looks like you have yourself a tuned ECU. Pull one of the chips out and read the data with an EPROM reader..
Old 09-02-2010, 11:40 AM   #2687
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
anybody else besides megan and glowshift make triple a pillar gauge holders for s14? preferably 60mm...

xquizitditz
enkei2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 01:17 PM   #2688
duffman1278
Post Whore!

duffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to duffman1278
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky_180 View Post
That is a daughter board. Looks like you have yourself a tuned ECU. Pull one of the chips out and read the data with an EPROM reader..
Thanks! But where can I buy an EPROM reader because I googled and it seems to be some wierd circuit stuff you gotta make yourself.

duffman1278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 04:46 PM   #2689
Drose
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Drose is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I am removing the timing chain guides and was wondering after I take them off should I remove the bolts or should I screw them back in?
Drose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 04:53 PM   #2690
killer240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
killer240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
ayy does anyone know if if an S13 rear hub bearing will fit a Z32 TT rear hub?

i have the Z32 rear hubs and still got my S13 rear hubs

i wana save money, so i wana see if anyone know if it will work?

i mean i can just try it out. but i thought somebody could answer it first rather than taking the hubs off the car again..
Old 09-02-2010, 08:01 PM   #2691
PomiDori
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
PomiDori is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
How much should be vacuum pressure on s13 sr20det in bars or Psi?
Thanks
PomiDori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:20 PM   #2692
hailandkill
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
hailandkill is on the path to ruinhailandkill is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
at idle your boost gauge should read about -20psi
hailandkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:51 PM   #2693
heavenboundkevin
Zilvia Addict

heavenboundkevin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drose View Post
I am removing the timing chain guides and was wondering after I take them off should I remove the bolts or should I screw them back in?
leave em off, no need for them.
heavenboundkevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:06 PM   #2694
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer240 View Post

i mean i can just try it out. but i thought somebody could answer it first rather than taking the hubs off the car again..
first, you cant use rear z32 TT hubs. only non-turbo. and yes, i believe you can press in the s13 bearings into the hubs.

best/easiest way to remove broken key from inside door lock?
Old 09-02-2010, 10:36 PM   #2695
killer240
Post Whore!

magnet?
i think i just tried to get it out wit a thin ass wire.
but that might fuck up it up.

i say try a magnet 1st
Old 09-03-2010, 07:24 PM   #2696
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
is it common for the needle on an S14 gas gauge to move a lot during normal driving conditions? it fluctuates anywhere from 1/8 to 1/4 of a tank sometimes and it really pisses me off. my old S13 never did this. i really cant ever tell what my true gas level is in this car.
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:16 PM   #2697
ManoNegra

ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanong87 View Post
are oem s13 usdm rear calipers the same as oem s14 rear calipers. is there any difference vs abs non abs?

thanks
yes and no
they are interchangeable but they use a different type of bracket for the ebrake
I put S14 ones on an S13 years ago
I tried taking the ebrake bracket on the S13 and putting it on the S14 but couldn't get it to work
I tried also using the S14 ebrake cable but the lengths didn't match up
I ended up driving the car with S14 rears calipers and no ebrake
it was a temporary fix

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WERDdabuilder View Post
first, you cant use rear z32 TT hubs. only non-turbo. and yes, i believe you can press in the s13 bearings into the hubs.
reason being that the splines are a larger on the TT hubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Double View Post
is it common for the needle on an S14 gas gauge to move a lot during normal driving conditions? it fluctuates anywhere from 1/8 to 1/4 of a tank sometimes and it really pisses me off. my old S13 never did this. i really cant ever tell what my true gas level is in this car.
It's not uncommon on older cars to have sticking gas needles
my S14 likes works well but likes to stay at the 1/2 mark for a bit
I'll start the car one day and it will show 1/4 tank left and keep working fine
have you replaced the pump/sock?
Old 09-03-2010, 10:19 PM   #2698
sidedrifts13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (29)
sidedrifts13 is on the path to ruinsidedrifts13 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sidedrifts13 Send a message via Yahoo to sidedrifts13
What maf can i use on my 95 240sx and will the 93 twin cam oem intake tube fit on a 95 s14 thanks alot for the help
sidedrifts13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 12:44 AM   #2699
killer240
Post Whore!

yea i got my Z32 rear hubs off a turbo, got ripped off.. fuck now i got no need for this shit. what a waste.

btw i dont know if this questions belongs here or if it has been asked before.

i think we should separate all the build threads, i mean its a lot of work to transfer all the old ones. but no need to do that. just leave the old ones here and start new, plus the old ones are kinda boring cuz pics are gone. but yea just to be a lil organized. this forum is already waaay too big. but its kind of hard to go through pages. if you go back some pages have 3 build threads or 2 or 1 or nothing.

2nd is can we do something to stop the over pricing? its really annoying, like they get mad if they get low ball. but some are just over pricing it. i mean yeah i get the supply and demand but still.. this is gona keep on goin(obviously it will). thats not gona be good. lets just say S14 rear hubs goin for $150 now. that is used, that is rusted, that is getting close to buying a new ichiba hubs..
Old 09-04-2010, 08:52 AM   #2700
ManoNegra

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidedrifts13 View Post
What maf can i use on my 95 240sx and will the 93 twin cam oem intake tube fit on a 95 s14 thanks alot for the help
Unless you have a chipped ECU or piggyback you can only use a stock MAF.
Yes, the tube will fit up to the MAF section, the air boxes are different.

Quote:
2nd is can we do something to stop the over pricing? its really annoying, like they get mad if they get low ball. but some are just over pricing it. i mean yeah i get the supply and demand but still.. this is gona keep on goin(obviously it will). thats not gona be good. lets just say S14 rear hubs goin for $150 now. that is used, that is rusted, that is getting close to buying a new ichiba hubs..
I understand your frustration but it's a sellers market
don't like the price, don't buy
I do it all the time
if an item is genuinely over priced it won't sell and seller will eventually lower his price
but complaining about prices isn't going to win you fans

now personally, I find this type of sentiment annoying
you have no idea how cheaper and easier to find things are now
a set of used 5 lug hubs would sell for ~$500 not too long ago
and you still needed s14 uprights and to swap out balljoints