Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-06-2009, 01:23 PM   #2731
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungGun View Post
Sorry i'm new to all the fitment lingo.

How do you "droop" the springs?

I would like to try this right now.

My situation is that I have all my collars removed and the lower coilover bracket is bottomed out against the threaded shock part when I screwed it all the way up.
Loosen up the lower spring perch so that the spring is un-seated when the suspension is at full droop (the car is off the ground). Obviously if your lower spring perch is against the lower bracket you can't do that though. The only problem with "drooping" the springs is that you lose compression travel so you will bottom your shocks more. I personally wouldn't reccomend droop I would reccomend shorter springs, but it sounds like in the rear droop is your only option for going lower.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2009, 02:51 PM   #2732
DrftSLowHomIe!!
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
DrftSLowHomIe!! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by markyboi View Post
17x9+17 235/40/17 all around

MORE PICS OF THIS 1 please!!
DrftSLowHomIe!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:04 PM   #2733
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
No they're streets, thats why I don't get how you guys are so low haha.

Matej, do you know how to interpret those different springs? I see the different spring rates. If I were to buy some I would probably get the 8kg rear springs, but how do I know which one is shorter?

Also I may be stupid, but how would a shorter spring lower the rear of the car? The coilover bracket in the rear bottoms out on the actual shock, so wouldn't it just be wobbling around free in there.
Man what's up with your coilovers, I have the Streets and they definitely go lower for me, and that's with my car completely gutted right now.

The 62 is the diameter, all of them will fit Megan coilovers. The second number is the length in millimeters, and the third number is the rate.
Our stock springs are 62.180.8 front, and 62.200.6 rear.

If I decide to buy them, I'll probably get the 150.8 for the front, and the 180.6 for the rear.

I was also thinking about trying out the 150.8 in the rear, but I'm sure that would just kill the coilover, since it already sags and it would take another 5cm away, so it would most likely bottom out. If you want 8kg in the rear, try the 180.8 spring, you could just buy different springs for the front, and swap the stock front ones to the rear. Under pressure the coilover stops on the spring, so it won't just be wobbling around in there, unless the spring is too short. Shorter springs aren't exactly good for the coilover, but I think 2cm shorter shouldn't be too bad.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:19 PM   #2734
superJoy
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
superJoy is a glorious beacon of lightsuperJoy is a glorious beacon of lightsuperJoy is a glorious beacon of lightsuperJoy is a glorious beacon of lightsuperJoy is a glorious beacon of lightsuperJoy is a glorious beacon of lightsuperJoy is a glorious beacon of lightsuperJoy is a glorious beacon of lightsuperJoy is a glorious beacon of lightsuperJoy is a glorious beacon of lightsuperJoy is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
YoungGun, I think I know what your problem is.

What size tire are you running in the rear? Looks like a 215/40 or so? And those are 9.5" width right? So a 215/40 on 9.5" in back = massive wheel gap. Like when everyone ran 205/50 on 15" meshies back in the day. Small O.D. = car looks higher. To me your car looks pretty low, at least judging by rear bumper height. Switch to 225/45 or 235/40 and I bet it would look heaps better.

Here's my thing, not really wheel fitment whore status but may as well post it for reference:

17x9.5+15, 235/40/17

Stance GR+. Fronts are maxed out w/o removing collars, rear is whatever looked right to match. Hammered front fenders, very subtle pipe pull/roll in the rear.
superJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:55 PM   #2735
YoungGun
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
YoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
You are correct, they are 215/40 on 9.5

I had 225/45 in the back, that looked whack, I never tried 235/40.

Man whatever I think pbm coils are in my future anyways.

Then my car will be retarded low, youll see. hahaha

Nice wheels btw =]
YoungGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:38 PM   #2736
superJoy
Leaky Injector

superJoy is a glorious beacon of lightsuperJoy is a glorious beacon of lightsuperJoy is a glorious beacon of lightsuperJoy is a glorious beacon of lightsuperJoy is a glorious beacon of lightsuperJoy is a glorious beacon of lightsuperJoy is a glorious beacon of lightsuperJoy is a glorious beacon of lightsuperJoy is a glorious beacon of lightsuperJoy is a glorious beacon of lightsuperJoy is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:

Nice wheels btw =]
Cool. I agree about the 225/45s, I haven't tried them but looking at the specs I can see how they might look kinda goofy on S13 (too tall). 235/40 on 9.5 is pretty perfect imho, but it's not really an extreme stretch so if you like that look they probably won't be ideal. it works great for daily driving though, can rotate them, etc. etc.

PBMs are nifty. I used to think they would be too stiff for me but I can kinda see why people like them... My front lip drags the ground when I turn at speed cause the 8/6 springs on the Stance are so soft. At least it rides comfy, haha.
superJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:48 PM   #2737
d r i f t swift
Zilvia Junkie

d r i f t swift is a jewel in the roughd r i f t swift is a jewel in the roughd r i f t swift is a jewel in the roughd r i f t swift is a jewel in the roughd r i f t swift is a jewel in the roughd r i f t swift is a jewel in the roughd r i f t swift is a jewel in the roughd r i f t swift is a jewel in the rough
i dont know it might just be me.. but to me it looks like youre so high in the back is because of your fender pull. when you pull your fenders it actually raises the arch height making it seem like youre not low. when you probably actually are.. i dont know if you get what im saying.. but yeah

Quote:

Nice wheels btw =]
Old 01-06-2009, 08:07 PM   #2738
Leetheslacker
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Leetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
explain plz?

This may be my problem since I removed my collars and my car is still high.

i dont understand this unless your pull really raised the wheel arch that much.

megan streets minus two collars = tucking pretty much to rim on 17's.

and since its wheel whores. 17x9 +10 all around. 215/40 front, 225/45 rear.
Leetheslacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:31 PM   #2739
BillWatcher
Zilvia Junkie

BillWatcher is making a name for him/her selfBillWatcher is making a name for him/her self
Young Gun for ref this is a 235/40 9.5r -15 8.5f -15

15x10 -42 all around 195/60

Old 01-06-2009, 08:51 PM   #2740
motegineon
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (2)
motegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to motegineon Send a message via MSN to motegineon
[QUOTE=BillWatcher;2552393]Young Gun for ref this is a 235/40 9.5r -15 8.5f -15

/QUOTE]

sick!

http://vimeo.com/2746121
motegineon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:03 PM   #2741
kaking
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Trader Rating: (7)
kaking is making a name for him/her selfkaking is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xracer View Post
any pics of the whole car???
kaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:16 PM   #2742
YoungGun
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
YoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Thanks for trying to help me out guys, it probably is the pull that I did.

Can't go back now though! haha

Next time I post in this thread i'll be low low.
YoungGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:25 PM   #2743
d r i f t swift
Zilvia Junkie

d r i f t swift is a jewel in the roughd r i f t swift is a jewel in the roughd r i f t swift is a jewel in the roughd r i f t swift is a jewel in the roughd r i f t swift is a jewel in the roughd r i f t swift is a jewel in the roughd r i f t swift is a jewel in the roughd r i f t swift is a jewel in the rough
just hammer that shit back down. haha or step up in the back get some 18 x huge so you can fill out that pull and tuck tire. haha
Old 01-06-2009, 10:14 PM   #2744
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Haha I hammered my pull in. Then I repulled it to fit different wheels. It's actually not as horrible as I thought it would turn out.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:23 PM   #2745
JVD
Nissanaholic!

JVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfection
18 x 10 +6 (225/40/18 Federalies)

JVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:34 PM   #2746
Ninjabread
Post Whore!

Ninjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Ninjabread Send a message via MSN to Ninjabread
Don't give up the dream!!!
Old 01-06-2009, 10:38 PM   #2747
BillWatcher
Zilvia Junkie

BillWatcher is making a name for him/her selfBillWatcher is making a name for him/her self
215 on a 10. Yes I am a giggly little school girl, don't judge me!

Old 01-06-2009, 11:04 PM   #2748
SoCal-s130
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Shoulda seen the guys faces at Just tire when I told them to mount my 195 on a 10. Took three guys that never had the chance to use the cheetah a good 30 minutes before they got it.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:51 PM   #2749
BillWatcher
Zilvia Junkie

haha, yea when I brought the 195 in for my 10 they said we dont need a cheatah, then 10 min later, same thing 3 guys at once nothing, they just whipped it out and called me crazy in spanish a couple times.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:19 AM   #2750
sLiDewAys
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
sLiDewAys is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
pimpest m30 EVAR!

Old 01-07-2009, 03:17 AM   #2751
FunctionFiRst
Leaky Injector

FunctionFiRst is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you know a guy that has the same vinyl color with a Corolla? Emag_dnm13?

I love that Steez!
Old 01-07-2009, 11:03 AM   #2752
BillWatcher
Zilvia Junkie

Not personally but I know of him and we know the same people! Yes his car makes mine feel lonely and like a noodley peepee
Old 01-07-2009, 12:35 PM   #2753
FunctionFiRst
Leaky Injector

FunctionFiRst is an unknown quantity at this point
cool man, but the Resemblance is staggering! lol.

to stay on topic...

Old 01-07-2009, 01:49 PM   #2754
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunctionFiRst View Post
the Resemblance is staggering!
Which is a compliment.

I love that Corolla.
Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 04:03 PM   #2755
Hammond

Hammond will become famous soon enoughHammond will become famous soon enoughHammond will become famous soon enoughHammond will become famous soon enoughHammond will become famous soon enough
SSR Vienna Kreis 18x9.5-9 (with 50mm spacer) 225/40

Quote:
Originally Posted by projekt_s13 View Post
If sparks dont fly, your rides too high.
Hammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:18 PM   #2756
SlideAlliance
Zilvia Junkie

SlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond repute
Sooo my 45mm foresights should be here in about a month.....maybe 2 weeks if I am lucky, but fuck it, shits fly

Battle Idol Works 2015
SlideAlliance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:20 PM   #2757
n240sxfnatic
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
n240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I cant really follow all this win but whatever I guess...
17x9 +28 with 5mm spacer so +23 255/40/17 -1.6 camber, Needs a bit of a newspaper pull
n240sxfnatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:58 AM   #2758
mothon
Zilvia Addict

mothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond repute
I still need to pull the rears and take out some camber.

Old 01-08-2009, 11:46 AM   #2759
nevaland9
Zilvia FREAK!

nevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to nevaland9

Old 01-08-2009, 01:27 PM   #2760
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
fuck.....