Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-29-2011, 07:24 PM   #2911
joefresh
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
joefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
has more to do with how hot you let them get sitting in a car, or the ones on ebay are 50years old.
joefresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2011, 07:42 PM   #2912
DinoMan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
DinoMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
NOT 100% DONE!

but it's getting there.

What is that one under the right gauge right in front of the shift knob? I found one in my garage with no idea how to hook it up or use it.
DinoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:07 PM   #2913
sviellvoicae
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
sviellvoicae will become famous soon enoughsviellvoicae will become famous soon enoughsviellvoicae will become famous soon enoughsviellvoicae will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
turbo timer
sviellvoicae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:13 PM   #2914
Trap Star
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Trap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Trap Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by conrad_s13.5 View Post
dry carbon,...glare would kill me i feel like!
Polarized sunglasses?
Old 07-29-2011, 09:51 PM   #2915
dazed
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (37)
dazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
i would argue that a bunch of cheap chrome bolt in bars are WAY cheaper then a cage.
>Miracle X Bar
>Cheap

notsureifserious.jpg
dazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:59 PM   #2916
wuddup
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
wuddup is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
s13

Stock lol but clean. Who has a Nissan centercap for sale on the steering wheel!?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 240sx my interior.jpg (181.5 KB, 66 views)
wuddup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:45 AM   #2917
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by joefresh View Post
has more to do with how hot you let them get sitting in a car, or the ones on ebay are 50years old.
Oh alright, sounds reasonable.
Just did not want to purchase a new one only to have it crack on me within a couple years.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:51 AM   #2918
wh0aitznic0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
wh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
i would argue that a bunch of cheap chrome bolt in bars are WAY cheaper then a cage.
Is that a car show plaque sitting on the floor there??
You daily drive a piece of shit and call it a "track" car. Your opinion on style doesn't matter to anybody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailandkill View Post
wh0aitznic0 -- has or had a shocker sticker on his car at one point, is asian with a gooey white center

<3
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Nothing says, 'I'm broke and still trying', like aftermarket steelies.
wh0aitznic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 01:26 AM   #2919
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
All you gentlemen with wooden wheels, are they actual wood or some kind of textured vinyl?

Are the Nardi ones real wood? And are there any other 'classy' steering wheel brands?
i have a generic one from japan and the mistake i did was when i was adjusting my seat i held on to the wheel as i pulled forward and heard a crack. and i have a 3" hairline crack. you can also see where the spokes meet the "wood" it has small cracks. since then i held on to the center/hub part when i adjust my position.

probably gonna end up copping a gripROYAL wood grain if the crack gets any bigger to where i can feel it or get a splinter.

gripROYAL &mdash; STEERING WHEEL
http://zilvia.net/f/advertiser-annou...hotoshoot.html
Old 07-30-2011, 01:40 AM   #2920
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Thank you all for the information.

One last thing I am curious about. Is the Nardi Classic offered in two different wood finishes, or is this just a matter of different lighting and/or different batch possibly? I have noticed that it is usually the 330mm wheel that looks darker than the 360 and 390mm, although that may just be coincidence.

Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 02:15 AM   #2921
JaredP
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
JaredP is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
on the topic of nardi wheels, is it true you need some type of adapter for them to work with a standard 6 bolt hub like an nrg?
JaredP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 02:30 AM   #2922
travisty_
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
travisty_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredP View Post
on the topic of nardi wheels, is it true you need some type of adapter for them to work with a standard 6 bolt hub like an nrg?
Nardis are 6 bolt also.
travisty_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 03:31 AM   #2923
Drift_86
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (60)
Drift_86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 60 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sIXtravisty View Post
Nardis are 6 bolt also.
That's true but i think hes talking about the gap cause nrg needs smaller screws. u need a spacer to fit the larger screws the steering wheels comes with

Want to roll fenders, custom gauge pod pm me
Drift_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 03:51 AM   #2924
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
they work. i have a 2.0 quick release + works bell hub + 330 deep corn. nothing else needed, straight bolt on
Old 07-30-2011, 10:26 AM   #2925
Victory!!
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
Victory!! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I want Nardi, but this will do for now.

Old 07-30-2011, 06:31 PM   #2926
JaredP
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
JaredP is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
i kept hearing about some type of adapter because the nardi's were a "different" 6 bolt. good to know
JaredP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:03 PM   #2927
shreeveco
BANNED

Trader Rating: (1)
shreeveco is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
shreeveco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:13 PM   #2928
slowvia
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
slowvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
i kept hearing about some type of adapter because the nardi's were a "different" 6 bolt. good to know
They are. Youll need an adapter if you use an NRG hub. They sell works bell spacers on ebay that adapt Momo to Nardi, theyre pretty cheap too, I think I paid 25 shipped for mine.
slowvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:30 PM   #2929
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
its cause nardi has the face of the hex on top where as the corner of the hex is on top for NRG hubs

so it wont sit straight

if you dont get it, Nardi has two bolts holes on top whereas the NRG hubs only have one bolt hole on the top of the hub (mounting position) so the wheel would sit crooked since it would be a tooth off/the auto-cancel pegs wouldn't work right
Old 07-31-2011, 11:31 AM   #2930
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiboy002 View Post
its cause nardi has the face of the hex on top where as the corner of the hex is on top for NRG hubs

so it wont sit straight

if you dont get it, Nardi has two bolts holes on top whereas the NRG hubs only have one bolt hole on the top of the hub (mounting position) so the wheel would sit crooked since it would be a tooth off/the auto-cancel pegs wouldn't work right
so with the works bell momo to nardi adapter my nardi wheel will sit straight and my turn signal cancel will work?
gearhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 12:17 PM   #2931
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Dont know if Nardi and Personal are exactly the same thing, but they bolt straight up with my works bell hub and quick release.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 01:22 PM   #2932
s14fbs
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
s14fbs is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s14fbs
i ditched the pbm shifter knob i dident like it and where it sat so i went with a isis extension and a ti shifter knob and finally got it cleaned up and the car running

s14fbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:12 PM   #2933
azsr20det
Leaky Injector

azsr20det is an unknown quantity at this point
my buddy sourced a nice woodgrain out of a porsche at some junkyard for 50$
azsr20det is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:29 PM   #2934
azsr20det
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.flores View Post
ohhh... push start engine button=win!
yes, now i just need either make or buy a harness and whatnot to get it to work.
i think i wanna buy one to get the radio frequency identification so i can go keyless

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtfdanyo View Post
holy crap, your whole set up is really nice
much thanks
i like how like 6 people liked it.
i needa find out how to link my acct here with facebook lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
Now all you need is the carbon steering wheel that that other kid had made.

I would totally be interested in a center console, cluster bezel and glovebox if they ever got made for others.
i saw that wheel, i liked it, but i think i wanna put brides (red i love red interiors) in my car and do a red suede omp wheel or something similar. maybe ill do the center in carbon fiber, or neo chrome. i can get stuff neo chromed now too lol

as for center console, pm me and i can point you in the right direction. i didnt make these personally, allthough i couldhave if i really wanted to, but no time

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaZeD View Post
^ For other cars you mean? I missed out when 9K racing made those dope real CF S14 interior pieces

That setup posted looks crazy baller though. Wouldn't you need a clear coat to keep that all from fading?
thanks and yes it is clearcoated with automotive clear as all carbon parts should be. (always get aftermarket hoods etc professionally cleared with good clear)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanong87 View Post
do u wax your dash? how's the glare on that thing.
as a matter of a fact, it was wetsanded, buffed with rubbing compound, polished, waxed, glazed, and topcoated along with the rest of the car lol gotta keep dat metal flake paint good as it sits in the garage lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
I've got a spare center console, and about 2 grand worth of carbon in my barn.... hrm...
do it yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap Star View Post
Soooo nice. I think OMP makes a carbon wheel. Looks like you can probably make your own though.
i really wanna go red inside with the carbon, love the look
kinda wanna do my headliner in carbon too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLagX View Post
if i had a carbon dash i would redesign something close to s15 with circle vents , cup holders and relocated some buttons
i have no ac so the vents arent really a concern. plus i got my 3 gauge pod and i was actually thinking about doing some addon parts to go on top of the dash for more gauges and a dashdaq (only works with obd2 but can function with aem standalone ecu suhweeeeetttt) id like to do my steering column and do the whole broadfield thing with the defi hud because i HATE analog gauges. theyre fucking gross. one of my other cars has a digital speedo and its spoiled me

Quote:
from the few times its actually decided to run for me the glare wasnt too bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyou2 View Post
NEEEEDDDD

me too ^^
ha thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
How bad does that glare/reflect sun?
not too bad and im in az.
i did the carbon because my dash was cracked to shit and nobody seems to wanna ship a dash (go figure ) so i just did this.
ideally id like to get one of those plastic cover things that go over the dash and wrap it in suede to protect if from the sun so the carbon doesnt get fucked.

i imagine if glare did ever become a problem, that would fix it
Old 08-01-2011, 01:32 AM   #2935
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s14fbs View Post
i ditched the pbm shifter knob i dident like it and where it sat so i went with a isis extension and a ti shifter knob and finally got it cleaned up and the car running

You should hit up your passenger seat with that lumberjack schwag, that would be rad, than you could get some awesome chainsaw graphics!!!!
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 02:09 AM   #2936
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
yeah wait till he gets in the sun and can't see shit because of the carbon heads up display. 5 bucks he gets a carpet mat to cover the dash so he can see during events if that's a track car lol.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:19 AM   #2937
azsr20det
Leaky Injector

clearly you didnt read my post it may have helped
i live in arizona probably the brightest, hottest, driest, sunniest place on the planet
i live in the valley of the sun for christs sake.
i have driven in the sun, with the dash, midday in the summer time and the glare is not that bad
actually not even really noticeable on top of that i wear good glare cutting stunna shades, and my helmet has a tinted visor so i doubt ill experience any issues.

should by some crazy natural fluke occur i do start to experience glare, i have prior stated the protocol for said event.

if anything ill get a mat of sort to protect the dash finish against uv damage and cracking due to the aforementioned arizona sun
Old 08-01-2011, 08:11 AM   #2938
conrad_s13.5
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
conrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her selfconrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
werd!

carbon with a dash mat might still be lighter than a stock dash,...hahahaha

im just not a sunglass or visor person either!

looks dope tho!
Old 08-01-2011, 12:10 PM   #2939
Jonathong
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
Jonathong is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quick question, for those that installed a wink mirror in their 240. I have to remove the original rear view mirror right? Also how do I remove it? I don't wanna go Rambo and rip that shit off.
Jonathong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:39 PM   #2940
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
^ I believe there are two or three screws behind the plastic cover. That's how it is on the S13 anyway...

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote