Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-02-2012, 11:45 PM   #29551
JasianBlazin
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (24)
JasianBlazin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
The rears are maxed?
JasianBlazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2012, 11:50 PM   #29552
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
I like the EDM bumper/fender setup, but are you planning to completely eliminate the indention where the side markers are suppose to go?

Also, do you have the fender lights functioning as side markers or side repeaters?
Not eliminating it, just painted over them. The color isn't perfect right now but I'll be having some paint mixed soon so I can properly match the grille and the side markers. In Europe it's the same deal, just blank plates painted to match.

I have the wired as repeaters. Having them on the entire time when the lights are on just didn't look as good to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasianBlazin View Post
The rears are maxed?
The rears can never be maxed, at least not with 18s or cut wheel wells
Old 09-03-2012, 12:02 AM   #29553
JasianBlazin
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (24)
JasianBlazin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
oh alright, think stance coils go low enough to tuck 17's?
JasianBlazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:33 AM   #29554
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Quote:
Shouldn't be a problem. Keep in mind the LX's are discontinued.

One more pic from the last meet

Old 09-03-2012, 01:20 AM   #29555
yomisiu
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
yomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 16 reviews

yomisiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:25 AM   #29556
ME GUSTA
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
ME GUSTA is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
anyone know how low PBM coilovers (orange spring) can go in the front? I just bought the car and trying to adjust these coils. It's on some ugly konig 15" wheels and I got the rear to tuck some tire. the fronts are sitting at like 1 finger gap. and theres no more thread on the coil to lower. I heard removing some rings would help. Also, it might be that the front springs have a bunch of preload on them.

the rears had a ton of preload on them that I removed, but ran out of time before I could do the fronts. Is it the preload causing my fronts not to go low? Or must I remove the two rings (relocate the lockring to the bottom) as well as go to zero preload.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:34 AM   #29557
Justinbobby
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Justinbobby is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ME GUSTA View Post
anyone know how low PBM coilovers (orange spring) can go in the front? I just bought the car and trying to adjust these coils. It's on some ugly konig 15" wheels and I got the rear to tuck some tire. the fronts are sitting at like 1 finger gap. and theres no more thread on the coil to lower. I heard removing some rings would help. Also, it might be that the front springs have a bunch of preload on them.

the rears had a ton of preload on them that I removed, but ran out of time before I could do the fronts. Is it the preload causing my fronts not to go low? Or must I remove the two rings (relocate the lockring to the bottom) as well as go to zero preload.
Well you have 15's I don't think there's any coilovers that can tuck 15's up front especially with small tires.
Depending on how much the spring is preloaded you should actually have more threads to go lower. I have 16's on at the moment and I'm scraping everything on the road already and theyre pre loaded. Just throwing my 2 cent out there.
Justinbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:35 AM   #29558
ME GUSTA
Zilvia Member

oh snap lmao. yeah im not trying to tuck the 15s. the car is visibly a lot lower in the rear lol. let me get a pic up.

i'm planning on getting 17s.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:36 AM   #29559
Justinbobby
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomisiu View Post

This makes me regret selling my hood.. Sigh.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:44 AM   #29560
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Workin on the car this weekend, doing some body work and mounting the front core support, should be welded on by next week.

If the navan doesnt come in , in time I might just run the same set up I had before. Preffer not to though, more likley will just have to buy a used navan, instead of wait on the brand new one to come in.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:45 AM   #29561
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
Irresistible is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
GR+. Yes. My car is currently tucking 17's. Barely, cus with aero it's tough... but it is.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:50 AM   #29562
Justinbobby
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by illvialuver View Post
Workin on the car this weekend, doing some body work and mounting the front core support, should be welded on by next week.

If the navan doesnt come in , in time I might just run the same set up I had before. Preffer not to though, more likley will just have to buy a used navan, instead of wait on the brand new one to come in.
I have to do the same as soon as my spot weld bit comes in! I know it's not gonna be as strong, but I'm actually gonna just bolt up the front support on. Still debating on a crash bar though.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:56 AM   #29563
jr_ss
Post Whore!

jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinbobby View Post
I have to do the same as soon as my spot weld bit comes in! I know it's not gonna be as strong, but I'm actually gonna just bolt up the front support on. Still debating on a crash bar though.
Bolting it on will be just as strong as the spot welds. There is very little, to no structural rigidity at the core support area. All the support is down low at the frame rails.

Illvialuver- Just wait for the BNIB NaVaN to come in, no sense in rushing it man.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:57 AM   #29564
bigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
bigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
bigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:12 AM   #29565
Turbo Nismo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (18)
Turbo Nismo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Old 09-03-2012, 10:15 AM   #29566
Rezlo
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Rezlo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Rezlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoNegra View Post
it was
this is recent:

also different rear wing

I see its about time I update my build its about 2 months behind
Rezlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:19 PM   #29567
illvialuver
Post Whore!

illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
Bolting it on will be just as strong as the spot welds. There is very little, to no structural rigidity at the core support area. All the support is down low at the frame rails.

Illvialuver- Just wait for the BNIB NaVaN to come in, no sense in rushing it man.
Justin Bobbi - yeah I thought about that too. I just got one of those drill bits from harbor freight, it broke about 90% thought drillingg them all out. Then, I drilled the rest out with a regular drill, and pryed it up and used a big flat head and chissled the rest out, aslo removed my battery tray. If I cant get it welded, then I might just bolt it up, if I do that I will thread lock the damn things, dont want that shit rattling lose and having my car sound like a p.o.s

JR lls- Yeah I might as well wait but now that it is after the 1st of september it has been a full year since I smashed my bitches face up.

I order new navan back in March. Still not here, and I am just getting a little impatient. But now that I have been getting rid of some of the parts on my car, to give me more things to replace. Like just recently rremoved my z32 set up on the brakes, going to replace with bbk, and just slapped my wheels and tires on my gfs, s13, so now I will be uying new wheels, and I just sold my oem driveshaft to help out a customer at my brothers work. So now I will be getting a one peice unit. Not to mention track down a driver fender and hood. So with al that is on my plate it looks like I will be forced to just wait it out.

Also, make sure you check the body measurments in the factory service manual to make sure your car is not tweeked and everything will line up.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:35 PM   #29568
yooshi
Zilvia Member

yooshi is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazed View Post
I think they are those SSR Konig joints. It's the owner who posted it, so I'll let him step in. Like to know as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Koenigg WRVs, Koenigg is the brand but SSR manufactured them and sold under the Koenigg brand.

that is correct. 18x10 -9 & 18x12 -9 SSR Koenig WRVs, faces been resprayed in pearl white, lips re-polished....
Old 09-03-2012, 01:59 PM   #29569
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinbobby View Post
Nah, he just pulled the passenger quarter back as close as he can and slapped a new rear bumper. Still driftable. Mine on the other hand.. Lol.
did u crash ur car too?
Old 09-03-2012, 02:11 PM   #29570
illvialuver
Post Whore!

yeah shortly after mine, it was like the black zenki Holocaust last Sept.
Old 09-03-2012, 04:39 PM   #29571
ME GUSTA
Zilvia Member

So as I was mentioning earlier on this page. Just picked up this 95 s14. on ugly konig 15 inchers.

The rears I have lowered and it's got a lot more to go. As for the fronts, that's as low as I can get them.

As you can see, i'm rocking a reverse raked look, and it's ghetto as fuck.

Do I need to remove the two rings on the front? and relocate the lock ring to the bottom?

Last edited by ME GUSTA; 05-05-2013 at 02:12 AM..
ME GUSTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:45 PM   #29572
rightcoastimports
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
rightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
get some cheap 17s or 18's with a decent offset and it'll clear up ur gap/sunkness
Old 09-03-2012, 04:45 PM   #29573
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Quote:
Do I need to remove the two rings on the front? and relocate the lock ring to the bottom?
You don't have to relocate both rings or any rings (below the lower mount) for that manner. Some people do, some don't.
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:48 PM   #29574
ME GUSTA
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightcoastimports View Post
get some 17s or 18's with a decent offset and it'll clear up ur gap/sunkness
yup planning on that. but finding a good fitting 4 lug wheel is a pain in the ass.

i was thinking of doing a 5 lug swap, but I bought this car as a daily, and I don't need fancy wheels.

so far I think the only decent fitting 4 lug is the XXR 530 in 17x9.75 +25.
Old 09-03-2012, 04:48 PM   #29575
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Raised the front about an inch. Rear stayed the same. I think it looks good here, and it doesn't rub horribly.

Old 09-03-2012, 05:06 PM   #29576
shagPR

Trader Rating: (0)
shagPR is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Doing my best to make this thing look good!

shagPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:17 PM   #29577
zenki 95
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
zenki 95 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by shagPR View Post
Doing my best to make this thing look good!

Si esta chico! Nice setup any more pics?
Old 09-03-2012, 05:18 PM   #29578
jesse_s13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
jesse_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
So as I was mentioning earlier on this page. Just picked up this 95 s14 on PBM coils. on ugly konig 15 inchers.

The rears I have lowered and it's got a lot more to go. As for the fronts, that's as low as I can get them.

As you can see, i'm rocking a reverse raked look, and it's ghetto as fuck.

Yes and please get stocks hahaha
Old 09-03-2012, 05:28 PM   #29579
240drifter1
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240drifter1
Those PBMs go way lower on the front, I could tuck 15's if needed. Take a picture of the front and post it
240drifter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:35 PM   #29580
dyls240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
dyls240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Has anyone tried doing a trunk lip like the kind you can get for sti's
like this...

i think it'd go sick with the body of my zenki
is there such thing out there?
maybe modding one like this to fit