Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 04:07 AM   #1
onehalfasia
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
onehalfasia is making a name for him/her selfonehalfasia is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
1990 hatch progress

First pic is night i brought the shell home a month ago, last pic is from a few hours ago. figured i'd share my progress and also ask random tech questions so as not to make many random threads.

I installed a solid transmission mount, in the pic below the green is very secure bolts, the red are stripped bolt housing and no go, ideas for how to fix that would be helpful, i'm gonna trust the two bolts for the time being.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2007, 10:54 AM   #2
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Had the same thing happen to one of my transmission mount bolts (and swaybar aswell). Answer: helicoil.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:46 PM   #3
Oubre
Leaky Injector

Oubre is an unknown quantity at this point
How deep is your tint?
Old 07-19-2007, 01:49 PM   #4
onehalfasia
Zilvia Member

onehalfasia is making a name for him/her selfonehalfasia is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oubre View Post
How deep is your tint?
not sure probably 10% from previous owner no idea.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:13 PM   #5
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Why did you spray paint the interior? That looks like shit, and it's going to chip off like snowflakes with any kind of contact.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
Old 07-19-2007, 10:24 PM   #6
onehalfasia
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R240NA View Post
Why did you spray paint the interior? That looks like shit, and it's going to chip off like snowflakes with any kind of contact.
The previous owner stripped the interior, and must have stored it outside, and reinstalled when i bought the car almost every interior piece smelt like mold, so i junked everything except for the plastic and figured i'd rather have black interior instead of red, it should last, 3 coats of rustoleum primer and a few coats of black, if hit with a wrench it makes a mark but doesnt flake. I'll post pics once everything installed.

Last edited by onehalfasia; 07-20-2007 at 12:23 AM..
Old 07-19-2007, 10:35 PM   #7
onehalfasia
Zilvia Member

from heavythrottle.com if the other wires aren't connected(CONSULT), if something goes wrong do the engine diagnostic codes still work?

"The rest of the wires are for the CONSULT diagnostic device. It is not necessary to connect any other wires than those listed above to get the SR to run properly.

Connect the remaining wires if you plan to use the onboard diagnostic CONSULT connector.

The Apexi turbo timer is connected to the O2 sensor wire at the ECU to provide auto countdown functions. The Apexi AVC-R is also attached to the ECU harness for tachometer signal, speed signal, and throttle position. Apexi products come with a very good ECU pinout diagram that is extremely useful.

Remove the brackets from the SR ECU to make it easier to mount. "

Last edited by onehalfasia; 07-20-2007 at 12:21 AM..
Old 07-20-2007, 12:23 AM   #8
onehalfasia
Zilvia Member

bump for wiring confusion, i'm still not quite sure how to install the wiring, i'm reading, searching, and kinda figuring things out.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:43 AM   #9
onehalfasia
Zilvia Member

actually never mind about the wiring confusion
Old 07-20-2007, 02:48 AM   #10
driftage240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
driftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to driftage240
what side mount is that...

Misty blu is coming 4 you!
Old 07-20-2007, 03:04 AM   #11
onehalfasia
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftage240 View Post
what side mount is that...
ARC from an s13...someone said it might be a Z32 one.
Old 07-21-2007, 04:46 AM   #12
opticfilms
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
opticfilms is a glorious beacon of lightopticfilms is a glorious beacon of lightopticfilms is a glorious beacon of lightopticfilms is a glorious beacon of lightopticfilms is a glorious beacon of lightopticfilms is a glorious beacon of lightopticfilms is a glorious beacon of lightopticfilms is a glorious beacon of lightopticfilms is a glorious beacon of lightopticfilms is a glorious beacon of lightopticfilms is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Looks Good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-21-2007, 05:10 AM   #13
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
worst build thread EVAR.

Just put the pics in the picture thread.

Also, mickeymousing mission mounts is stupid.
Closed Thread