Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 03-18-2012, 10:52 AM   #181
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
A lifestyle video documenting young adults participating in hijinks involving skateboards, bikes, and motor vehicles.
Revolutionary.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2012, 10:57 AM   #182
murda-c
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2v7 View Post
i watched the video in question here and i did not actually see any street drifting in it.......
I remember seeing a bmw slalom on the street
Old 03-18-2012, 11:24 AM   #183
fyneyoungstunna
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
fyneyoungstunna is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
well fuck, I read this whole thread without watching the vid. Now I want to see what everyone has pulled their tampons out for. Thanks now I'm gonna have to give up more of my life to Zilvia. Why, Because Irish Car Bombs. happy st pattys day.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:41 AM   #184
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyneyoungstunna View Post
well fuck, I read this whole thread without watching the vid. Now I want to see what everyone has pulled their tampons out for. Thanks now I'm gonna have to give up more of my life to Zilvia. Why, Because Irish Car Bombs. happy st pattys day.
St Paddy's Day is yesterday...unless you're on meth and have not slept so keep the party going for 3 more days!!!

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:48 PM   #185
jaysgottaredtop
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
jaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
that video > this thread.

also RIP shreeve
Old 03-18-2012, 01:51 PM   #186
S14Josh
Zilvia Junkie

S14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to S14Josh
This entire thing has gotten out of hand ten-fold.

The entire issue (which I admit I did handle in the wrong manner) was a legitimate video being labeled as "illegal" We do not promote or condone street drifting/racing in any way, and in no way does Keep Drifting Fun encourage it.

My entire thread was directed towards the staff, because they do seem step out of line sometimes, so in my mind, I was showing that my thread was closed for no reason...yet in fact in the "rules and guidelines" which hardly anyone reads does in fact state no illegal activities. Had this been in the media section, which it is not, I would not have posted it at all. However in the total length of the entire video, there is a total of 5 1-2 second clips showing street drifting. Everything else (including warehouse/industrial footage) was totally legal. However, the highway drifting was not. But the driver was blocked off from behind, and the closest car in front of us was 2 miles up. The driver is also someone who is a HUGE part of the scene, and has done a lot for it, not some random kid we found. Does that make it any more "legal"? No. Does it look awesome, shit yeah it does.

I was in total shock seeing a legitimate documentary being labeled as "illegal" so my first reaction was anger. If I could go back I wouldn't have posted it at all, or I would have made the thread 150% different, but what's done is done. I took the responses in the thread as a personal attack, when in fact none of you were even in the line of fire by a long shot. It was directed to the staff, and letting members know what happened...which I did in a retard way to say the least haha.

I'm not some asshole, I'm a pretty fucking nice dude, and that's something I can say with confidence. Everyone who knows me can vouch as well. That's one thing I will toot my own horn on, because I always treat others how I want to be treated. But when attacks flew my way, I went into defense mode...as would anyone else.

You may or may not have known about the project before my post, which is not a big deal, it's not some groundbreaking project that has tons of publicity, but it is something I, along with Will, put our heart into for years. We lived IN a 74 VW bus for 96 days straight, filming drifting across the country to show why people do this. It was not exactly fun.

There has been a huge misconception on professional drifting, which is totally tearing apart the entire community. Kids think pro drifters make millions and do it only for the money, when in reality 98% of them have regular jobs to pay the bills. But, they all do it for one common reason...because it's fun. I've even talked with Tanner Foust (not name dropping, just showing a perfect example from someone people think doesn't give a shit about the sport) about this entire project. He doesn't need to drift, at all. Dude is part of the 2% that does make enough money off of driving in general, but he told me himself, he drifts because he thinks it is a fucking blast to do. None of these guys would do it if it wasn't fun, but a lot of people don't realize that. In turn taking the fun out of everything because they spend their time hating on the whole thought of going pro.

Also seeing it labeled as illegal was a huge disappointment, because of the sponsors involved (Again not tooting my own horn by any means, but just to show that this is in fact legitimate) NOS Energy Drink, Rogue Status, DSTROYR, Genius Tools, BFGoodrich, Memphis Car Audio, Countour HD, and a few others, we made it clear that the possibility for street drifting footage could be in the final product. None of them had an issue with it, at all. So seeing a car forum made up of mostly dudes interested in drifting label it as illegal and basically "offensive" (not directly said, but the way I felt about it) was pretty mind blowing to be honest.

Even though we had sponsors on the trip, we did not receive a dime from any of them. Everything was funded out of our own pockets. We blew the motor twice on the westy. Once in Atlanta, and the second time in Minnesota. It popped on me as I was on my way out of town to drive 37 hours to Seattle by myself. That shit was not free to replace. Not only in monetary value, but also in the stress it put on us having deadlines we had to make on the trip. I personally started the trip with 5k in my bank account. By the end I had nothing and had to borrow money to get myself to Seattle in order to film FD, and then borrow money to get back home to Vegas.

I've also been drifting since '06 (yeah I know, who cares) so I've personally seen the scene in vegas change. I also do not street drift, well...I have, but I don't really make it something I strive to do. Driving on the track is sweet as fuck, and progresses your abilities far beyond what one corner on the streets could. The scene in vegas used to be amazing, with the entire community being one huge group of friends. It has now become separated by cliques and crews who hate on each other for idiotic reasons, like "who has the coolest wheels" or "my car is lower, yours looks like shit" and that's part of what is killing drifting and keeping it from growing at a massive rate. This isn't something that only I see and think is the cause, but the entire premise for the DVD was brought to be from speaking with drivers in FD and lots of dudes in the grassroots scene.

Hopefully I better explained what the project is about, and maybe you could see my side of the story and why I took such offense to this being labeled as "illegal"

I handled this shit totally the wrong way, but people fuck up sometimes. I wont apologize for anything that has been said, because I just defended myself as attacks came my way. I don't talk down to people or think I'm better than anyone. That's not the dude I am. Everyone who knows me, can vouch for that. Yeah I admit I totally sounded like a whiny kid, but I treat this project like my own child, and I'll defend the shit out of it. Especially when personal attacks start flying around. I didn't call attention to anyone but the mods, because at the time, I felt like the videos being taken down was done for no reason.

The dudes who think I'm on some high horse really can go fuck themselves though. If I was in fact on some sort of high horse, would I have even wasted time working on a project like this? Probably not. It would have only been about me driving at events across the country and acting like a dickhead. We made this because we give a shit about the community. While some people may think it's cool to hate on drifting in the US, it's blatantly retarded because without FD and pro drifting in the US, I would be willing to guess we wouldn't have what we do today. That's only speaking for the dudes in the US at least.

Bottom line, yeah I fucked up. It is what it is. If this was some forum I had just registered on and posted the video I wouldn't have given a shit. But I've been on here since 05 and this site led me to doing a lot of the stuff I do with drifting today. I stopped coming around once all the attitudes started getting blown out, except for posting my work, because it's something I take pride in as it's work I've done. It's the same as somebody posting a build thread or pictures of their car.

I still don't agree with the call that was made to pull the video down, but there's nothing I can do about it. I never asked or begged them to put it back online. I made this thread because I felt like the rules were skewed, a lot, and I went about it the wrong way, but oh well. Shit happens.

Btw, omarion. I never knew you were part black or whatever. Every time I see your name, omarion is the first thing that pops into my head.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:00 PM   #187
yokotas13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
i stopped reading after tanner
yokotas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:02 PM   #188
iamthewinner
BANNED

iamthewinner is an unknown quantity at this point
You talk to much. Stop being a pussy
iamthewinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:05 PM   #189
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
You should make a documentary film about Zilvia.net.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:08 PM   #190
S14Josh
Zilvia Junkie

S14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond repute
I explained my side, if that makes me a pussy in your eyes. So be it. I'm a huge pussy.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:12 PM   #191
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14Josh View Post
I explained my side, if that makes me a pussy in your eyes. So be it. I'm a huge pussy.
LOL.

I think how a person handles themselves when angry/upset says a lot about their character. Honestly, I'm a little surprised how tame the mods were for this whole ordeal.

Oh well, we all grow up at our own rates.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:13 PM   #192
iamthewinner
BANNED

iamthewinner is an unknown quantity at this point
No I'm not saying that in bad way(maybe lol)

You already proved your point and you don't owe these people explanation at this point.
iamthewinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:19 PM   #193
S14Josh
Zilvia Junkie

I'll admit when I fuck up and step out of line, which I did. If dudes have to act tough to maintain credit over the internet then that's beyond me.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:28 PM   #194
JDMpurest
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
JDMpurest is making his/her stupidity well-knownJDMpurest is making his/her stupidity well-knownJDMpurest is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
thread is weak, you and Will are not a big deal quit acting like it.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:30 PM   #195
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
I make more in one day holding a camera than you do, player.

Quote:
By the end I had nothing and had to borrow money to get myself to Seattle in order to film FD, and then borrow money to get back home to Vegas.
wait, what?

in all seriousness it is admirable/respectable to explain yourself better but this whole temper tantrum was uncalled for. you need some thicker skin if you fly off the handle because the illegal parts of your video were called to attention. and whats funny, is this shit lasted a couple days.
sidewaysil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:39 PM   #196
S14Josh
Zilvia Junkie

we were on a contract for filming forsberg at the time. While filming for the trip we weren't getting paychecks. No money came till after the season. Thats how it works sometimes. Finish the contract, get paid. I dont flaunt what I get paid, but I really despise when dudes try to run their mouth about things they dont have to make them look cooler in an effort to shit on other people. I responded back with a similar dickhead comment. I really thought this thread was going to be shut down immediately.

Yeah it was uncalled for, but like I said, I was confused as to why it was taken down. And posted a thread about it. It wasn't a smart thing to do, clearly. Once I actually saw the rules, I realized I fucked up. But it was too late.

JDMPurist, we aren't a big deal, we make videos for the internet. Glad you think otherwise in order to make a comment about it.

I've said my part, it's not worth the time to keep this going. It wasn't worth the time to even make this thread either, clearly haha.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:09 PM   #197
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Quote:
we were on a contract for filming forsberg at the time. While filming for the trip we weren't getting paychecks. No money came till after the season. Thats how it works sometimes. Finish the contract, get paid. I dont flaunt what I get paid, but I really despise when dudes try to run their mouth about things they dont have to make them look cooler in an effort to shit on other people. I responded back with a similar dickhead comment. I really thought this thread was going to be shut down immediately.
Yeah because fighting fire with fire always works, all the time. I kinda feel bad for you now, so I'll play nicely. Hope everything goes well for you and your future.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:34 PM   #198
ericcastro
Post Whore!

ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSquidd View Post
Best thread on Zilvia.

Look who showed up tot he party

Quote:
It's not about the videos being allowed on here or not. It's about them being labeled as illegal content, which is offensive to not only all of us involved in making the product,......
Are these the same videos with a BMW going Manji on the freeway?
Is that not illegal?
C'mon dude.
and if your actually cared about those peoples image and products, you wouldnt put shit like that in the video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delado View Post
LOL, awesome !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper. View Post
hey apparently SR swaps are illegal in your country
no, they arent.

This is dumb.
The MODs are trying so hard to make this work Josh.
Usually a thread like this wouldnt make it past page 1 before it was locked.
The video has illegal clips in it of drifting here in the states.
That has never been cool to show on the site.
Simple.
Recut a edit if you need, or put a black box that says "Censored", over the cars in the clip.
Its could be done in less time then you spent on this thread
and you get to make your statement, and it would prolly go over here fine since you cant actually see the car,

Plus a censored box drifting around is kinda funny, lol
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:55 PM   #199
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
or how about posting a disclaimer in the beginning of the video
Old 03-19-2012, 04:15 AM   #200
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
Whenever anyone calls me a pussy, I always retort with "You are what you eat."

Bitches love compliments!
SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:24 AM   #201
Cooper.

Cooper. is an unknown quantity at this point
Lol its mainly blue people defending the mods

killer2001stylr you are rude

uncle dolan disapproves
Cooper. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:49 AM   #202
revat619
Retired General

revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
This whole thing is stupid...

The OP obviously didnt handle it correctly and he knows that. Moving on....

A video can't be shown because of 2-5 seconds of "illegal" activity or whatever and yet we have COUNTLESS SR/RB/LS swap build threads of cars being driven on the streets of California no less, option videos of japanese mountain drifting, KA-T "Sleeper" pic threads of cars being driven on the streets, threads praising the illegal lowering of vehicles, street driven S14s with aftermarket steering wheels (the interior thread) etc. You see where i'm going with this. I find this absolutely hilarious.

I get that the site wants to protect itself from legal ramifications and what not, but seriously lets be real, if we REALLY want to be honest with our selves, there's A WHOLE LOT more "illegal" activity going on here than we care to admit or bat an eye at. Just because it may not be as "visual" or "frowned upon" doesn't make it any less "illegal".

Rules are rules and i have no problem with that. No drift videos? That's fine. BUT there is clearly a double standard and let's not act like there isn't. Just my $.02
Instagram: @rjsladerade
revat619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:52 AM   #203
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper. View Post
Lol its mainly blue people defending the mods

killer2001stylr you are rude

uncle dolan disapproves
Get your trolling ass out of here. You posted a few random pictures back in October 2011, then suddenly you appear out of the thin air to help e-knight for a lost cause.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:11 AM   #204
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by revat619 View Post
Rabble Rabble Rabble
First, let's get some stuff clear.

A motor swap is not "illegal", it's a violation of EPA/Carb regulations dependent on many many factors.

A LS1 swap is actualy "legal" in even the strictest of states and counties.

Further more, it is not "illegal" to swap an SR in California, however you may be in violation of CARB REGULATIONS if you operate a vehicle that fails to meet their emission on a California public road.

You are also missing the point. You are crying like a child "but mom, Dad says fuck and you don't wash his mouth out with soap!!".

The Mods don't want impressionable idiotic teenagers running out to make the next hot video of themselves street drifting so they can show it off to the other idiot teenagers on Zilvia.

/end of story

We don't want to encourage or glorify street racing. We don't want to see people hurt them selves and others. Go on YouTube and look at the sheer douchebagary that some people post up for attention. We don't need nor want it.

As for Option Video, (which I'm sure cuz assholes like you will now be banned) it's a different story. Those are clips from 10-20 years ago in a far off land.

It's not the same as "waz up homies, check out dis rad vid of my bro wrecking his whip when he down hill raced these Honda douches!!"
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:53 AM   #205
revat619
Retired General

revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
First, let's get some stuff clear.

A motor swap is not "illegal", it's a violation of EPA/Carb regulations dependent on many many factors.

A LS1 swap is actualy "legal" in even the strictest of states and counties.

Further more, it is not "illegal" to swap an SR in California, however you may be in violation of CARB REGULATIONS if you operate a vehicle that fails to meet their emission on a California public road.

You are also missing the point. You are crying like a child "but mom, Dad says fuck and you don't wash his mouth out with soap!!".

The Mods don't want impressionable idiotic teenagers running out to make the next hot video of themselves street drifting so they can show it off to the other idiot teenagers on Zilvia.

/end of story

We don't want to encourage or glorify street racing. We don't want to people to hurt them selves and others. Go on YouTube and look at the sheer douchebagary that some people post up for attention. We don't need nor want it.

As for Option Video, (which I'm sure cuz assholes like you will now be banned) it's a different story. Those are clips for 10-20 years ago in a far off land.

It's not the same as "waz up homies, check out dis rad vid of my bro wrecking his whip when he down hill raced these Honda douches!!"
Crying like a child? LOL wow. Dude seriously, calm down. It's not that serious. FYI, i used to be a mod here until time constraints in my life forced me to do otherwise and i know most of the mods personally. Chill out. Furthermore, i've said nothing out of line that would warrant a ban.

I get the rules. I don't care about the fucking video nor do i disagree with the removal of it. Rules are rules regardless of what the OP's, yours, or my feelings are about them. You follow them or gtfo. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean i can't have an opinion or participate in a mature discussion about them.

As far as motor swaps are concerned, i know it depends on the state and all those other factors....i'm well aware of all of that, but you know damn well what i meant so i will leave it at that.

Quote:
As for Option Video, (which I'm sure cuz assholes like you will now be banned) it's a different story. Those are clips for 10-20 years ago in a far off land.

whatever that means...and i'm the one acting like a child...

You mean to tell me that that footage wouldn't be impressionable on an idiot teenager? Get real. FYI, the OP's video was not a video of "waz up homies, check out dis rad vid of my bro wrecking his whip when he down hill raced these Honda douches!!" so that analogy is irrelevant. Illegal activity is illegal activity...whether it was 10 years ago or 10 days ago it doesn't matter. Considering our majority user populous drive S13s and S14s which are 15 - 23 year old cars and are used in these "oh so old option videos" i'd say those videos are just as impressionable on the irresponsible and moronic as a douchebag "ghost riding his whip" in a youtube vid in 2010. But i digress...

The original terminology being used was "condoning illegal activity" and that is what i find a discrepancy in. Am i saying that the site should glorify street racing and dangerous illegal activity? ABSOLUTELY NOT. However, if a video is to be removed on the basis of "condoning illegal activity" then it stands to reason that other instances in which the term "illegal activity" can be applied should be removed as well and that often times isn't the case. THAT is my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
or how about posting a disclaimer in the beginning of the video
That's an interesting point. Had the OP done this in the beginning of the video, would that have made it acceptable?
Old 03-19-2012, 06:05 AM   #206
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Plain and simple I think their are too many variables to determine of other things (I.e. swaps are illegal). Stuff like street racing and drugs are no brainers and easy to pick out and delete. But if you want to start calling out ride height or motor swaps it would be near impossible to fairly determine whether or not it's illegal. I mean, who's to say that sr build isn't for the track only, or that state doesn't have swap laws/emissions, or that super low car wasn't trailered to the photo shoot. In other words it's retarded and impossible to try and persecute such acts. And quite frankly i think it's whiny little kid status to compare that to street racing to prove a point.
sidewaysil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:27 AM   #207
revat619
Retired General

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
Plain and simple I think their are too many variables to determine of other things (I.e. swaps are illegal). Stuff like street racing and drugs are no brainers and easy to pick out and delete. But if you want to start calling out ride height or motor swaps it would be near impossible to fairly determine whether or not it's illegal. I mean, who's to say that sr build isn't for the track only, or that state doesn't have swap laws/emissions, or that super low car wasn't trailered to the photo shoot. In other words it's retarded and impossible to try and persecute such acts. And quite frankly i think it's whiny little kid status to compare that to street racing to prove a point.

Like i said before, IF it can be clearly determined that the term "illegal activity" can be applied (and this isn't that hard) then yes, said instance should be removed. Obviously, in the case of a track/trailered car that wouldn't apply.

AGAIN, i'm not advocating that the video be allowed. PERSONALLY, i had no problem with the video, but under the rules and guidelines i get why it was removed and if i were a mod still, i would have had to remove it based on said guidlines. Although, i personally don't equate it to the nonsense we see on youtube of stupid kids doing donuts in a walmart parking lot, the policies on here view them as one and the same.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:31 AM   #208
jaysgottaredtop
Zilvia Addict

jaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enough
Quote:
This whole thing is stupid...

The OP obviously didnt handle it correctly and he knows that. Moving on....

A video can't be shown because of 2-5 seconds of "illegal" activity or whatever and yet we have COUNTLESS SR/RB/LS swap build threads of cars being driven on the streets of California no less, option videos of japanese mountain drifting, KA-T "Sleeper" pic threads of cars being driven on the streets, threads praising the illegal lowering of vehicles, street driven S14s with aftermarket steering wheels (the interior thread) etc. You see where i'm going with this. I find this absolutely hilarious.

Quote:
I get that the site wants to protect itself from legal ramifications and what not, but seriously lets be real, if we REALLY want to be honest with our selves, there's A WHOLE LOT more "illegal" activity going on here than we care to admit or bat an eye at. Just because it may not be as "visual" or "frowned upon" doesn't make it any less "illegal".

Rules are rules and i have no problem with that. No drift videos? That's fine. BUT there is clearly a double standard and let's not act like there isn't. Just my $.02
exactly.

doing this to evade cali law is fine

but god forbid i post this
*SNIP*

(oops, just did)
Old 03-19-2012, 08:18 AM   #209
HellaFlushSRs13
Leaky Injector

HellaFlushSRs13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah this thread was hilarious and looked promising in terms of all the funny comments in the first two pages, toward the end it just got pathetic and lost all entertainment value. Too many four page essays on why I'm right and ur wrong... Why? Because Internet

Why hasn't this been locked yet?
HellaFlushSRs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:11 AM   #210
vas570sx
Zilvia Addict

vas570sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Josh and Will for zilvia moderators 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!