Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-31-2016, 10:09 AM   #20161
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundEfx View Post
A leaky radiator would cause steam from the water pump region or was this not directed to my question?
was directed toward you.

you may have developed a hole in your radiator some how.

have you noticed any drips below the car or odd smell of coolant with the hood open?

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2016, 11:29 AM   #20162
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
SoundEfx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinbyrant View Post
This hurts my brain, water in the overflow has nothing to do with your water pump leaking

in a proper working coolant system any excess coolant from heat expansion would be pushed into the overflow then drawn from the overflow when everything cools down, however that is in a properly working cooling system which is very rare, most cars have little air leaks the prevent drawing coolant back into the system, the cooling system reaches a level that it doesn't ever lose or draw coolant and it stays fine for years at the same level

if you have steam from the water pump its probably a bad pump leaking out the weap hole in the bottom of the pump, which would prevent the system from drawing coolant back into the system from the overflow because its easier to draw air through the leaking water pump than it is to draw coolant past the cap
Thanks for the help. I mentioned the coolant over flow tank in terms of the car having coolant.
But as you said, the coolant cannot be sucked in if there is a hole/vacuum leak in the system, which makes sense.

YAY!!!! Another thing wrong with this car....lol
Old 08-31-2016, 11:31 AM   #20163
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
was directed toward you.

you may have developed a hole in your radiator some how.

have you noticed any drips below the car or odd smell of coolant with the hood open?
This car has so many 'odd' smells, you wouldn't know which is which.....lol

But thanks for your help man. It seems as if I have to get a new set of everything for this car.
Old 08-31-2016, 12:32 PM   #20164
justinbyrant
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
justinbyrant is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundEfx View Post
Thanks for the help. I mentioned the coolant over flow tank in terms of the car having coolant.
But as you said, the coolant cannot be sucked in if there is a hole/vacuum leak in the system, which makes sense.

YAY!!!! Another thing wrong with this car....lol
Eh water pumps are easy lol
justinbyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 01:13 PM   #20165
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Eh water pumps are easy lol
agreed... takes about 2 hours if you know what youre doing. most of the time is spent just waiting for the radiator + block to drain. while doing your pump its also a good time to do your thermostat too given you wont have any coolant in the system!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 09:27 PM   #20166
goomba238

goomba238 is an unknown quantity at this point
Does anyone know of a reliable performance shop in Miami, Fl.? Looking to do a KA-T build. Thanks.
goomba238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 09:20 AM   #20167
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

I did the thermostat, but didn't do the water pump because it looked newer and I didn't have the tool necessary to remove the clutch.

But I'm going to change it this weekend because of this:

Nothing is ever easy on THIS car.
Old 09-01-2016, 05:31 PM   #20168
Standard
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Standard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
^you don't need a special tool to remove the clutch, just take the belt off and the 4 (looks like you only have 3 haha) 10mm nuts that hold the clutch on. Easy stuff
Standard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 08:56 PM   #20169
drinxbleach

Trader Rating: (2)
drinxbleach is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I'm quite new here, I just bought a part from a guy on zilvia and I can't leave trader feedback. I get the message saying. Don't have permission to do so. Is there a moderator that I have to pm?
drinxbleach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 12:37 AM   #20170
justinbyrant
Zilvia Member

So just finally got my sr swap to start, everything is hooked up, everything is on properly as best i can see however it wont idle, it fires up, revs up to like 1300 then drops down to try to idle, kicks super low at like 400 rpms a few times then dies, however if i snap the throttle about half way and closed real fast it will rev, if indo it a few times it will rev to about 2k and run fairly smooth but it won't maintain it long, my first thought is my maf, any ideas?
Old 09-02-2016, 12:39 AM   #20171
AllThingsGravy
Zilvia Addict

AllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her selfAllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her selfAllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
So just finally got my sr swap to start, everything is hooked up, everything is on properly as best i can see however it wont idle, it fires up, revs up to like 1300 then drops down to try to idle, kicks super low at like 400 rpms a few times then dies, however if i snap the throttle about half way and closed real fast it will rev, if indo it a few times it will rev to about 2k and run fairly smooth but it won't maintain it long, my first thought is my maf, any ideas?
Do you have a bov and is it venting to air?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
AllThingsGravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 12:52 AM   #20172
justinbyrant
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllThingsGravy View Post
Do you have a bov and is it venting to air?

I do and no Its not vented to atmosphere its not even hooked up yet i have the wastegate and bov lines capped to rule out any leaks until I can get it to idle and run right
Old 09-02-2016, 12:54 AM   #20173
AllThingsGravy
Zilvia Addict

AllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her selfAllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her selfAllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
I do and no Its not vented to atmosphere its not even hooked up yet i have the wastegate and bov lines capped to rule out any leaks until I can get it to idle and run right
So your pipe has just a flange and nothing on it?

AllThingsGravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 01:02 AM   #20174
justinbyrant
Zilvia Member

The pipe has a bov on it but the vacuum line to actuate is is not there i have a cap and zip tie on it, centralizing anything that could leak air is a massive help when initially starting a car especially one that has given me as many problems as this one, to the best of my knowledge i have no vacuum leaks i will be checking with starting fluid tomorrow
Old 09-02-2016, 09:03 AM   #20175
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standard View Post
^you don't need a special tool to remove the clutch, just take the belt off and the 4 (looks like you only have 3 haha) 10mm nuts that hold the clutch on. Easy stuff
Thanks pimp.
Old 09-04-2016, 06:09 AM   #20176
chaka_flocka

chaka_flocka is an unknown quantity at this point
Recently picked up a 180 and came with these wheels. I was wondering of someone could get me info on them. All they have is a "AMP" stamp. Which from what i know is old school work wheels before they were work.. just wanted some more info on them. [/url]
chaka_flocka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 11:13 AM   #20177
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Small Questions Thread (SEARCH FIRST! Use this instead of making NEW threads)

RB20 still overheating. Keeps getting up to 195.
Changed water pump and thermostat.
Have two isr electrical fans on a Isr dual core radiator and a CX racing intercooler.

I really can't think of what is causing the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-04-2016, 12:08 PM   #20178
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrDarknes View Post
Have two isr electrical fans on a Isr dual core radiator and a CX racing intercooler.

If all of those things are working properly, get another gauge and verify that the car is really getting hot, sometimes cheap gauges can read like shit, and aren't as exact. when it's at running temp, squeeze both radiator hoses and make sure they're full and flowing.

Also if when you changed all that stuff, and didn't bleed it, you need to do so. Run it with the radiator cap off for a bit, so any air can bleed out.
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 12:10 PM   #20179
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaka_flocka View Post
Recently picked up a 180 and came with these wheels. I was wondering of someone could get me info on them. All they have is a "AMP" stamp. Which from what i know is old school work wheels before they were work.. just wanted some more info on them. [/url]
there is an "Identify this" thread that you can go to, It might be more helpful to post it there
Old 09-04-2016, 12:13 PM   #20180
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashira kureijii View Post
If all of those things are working properly, get another gauge and verify that the car is really getting hot, sometimes cheap gauges can read like shit, and aren't as exact. when it's at running temp, squeeze both radiator hoses and make sure they're full and flowing.

Also if when you changed all that stuff, and didn't bleed it, you need to do so. Run it with the radiator cap off for a bit, so any air can bleed out.

Yea it's a eBay gauge, guess il save up for a defi. Yea I bled it but I will check again.

Old 09-04-2016, 12:15 PM   #20181
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Yea it's a eBay gauge, guess il save up for a defi. Yea I bled it but I will check again.

those are good, you could use a autometer gauge as well if you want to check immediately.you can get em at the autoparts store. they are of fair quality.
Old 09-04-2016, 01:57 PM   #20182
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

R3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaka_flocka View Post
off topic but havent you had this for couple months? Wasnt it a buddies of yours and it never end up being selling?
R3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 02:12 PM   #20183
theStig880
Zilvia Junkie

theStig880 is on a distinguished road
Hopefully someone can chime in and let me know I'm being over concerned but I noticed a sound coming from my SR20 when I started it today. The sound seems to be coming from the head and the best I can describe it is a light, metallic ping. It seemed to be rotationally related but inconsistent. When I removed the oil cap whilst the engine was running the sound seemed to get louder which leads me to believe it was in the head.

Prior to starting the car I had removed the turbo to install all new lines and the car had been sitting without starting for a little under a year. When I started it, I added some more oil and started the car with out the fuel pump fuse to build oil pressure. It never had any issues before this. What are some possible issues it could be and is it something I should be concerned over?
Old 09-06-2016, 09:44 AM   #20184
justinbyrant
Zilvia Member

Quote:

195 isn't overheating, 210 or higher is overheating your thermostat should open at about 180, 180-200 is normal especially on a turbo car
Old 09-06-2016, 10:24 PM   #20185
TheVinylKingz
Leaky Injector

TheVinylKingz has a spectacular aura aboutTheVinylKingz has a spectacular aura aboutTheVinylKingz has a spectacular aura aboutTheVinylKingz has a spectacular aura aboutTheVinylKingz has a spectacular aura aboutTheVinylKingz has a spectacular aura about
Hatch wiper hole and diameter

Originally Posted by TheVinylKingz View Post
I'm new to Zilvia and I think I can't post new threads due to being a New-bee. Anyways, can anyone help me determine the size of the hole and location of the rear wiper please? I would prefer measurements please.

I have a Base model 240sx hatch without a wiper blade. From research Base model 240sx came with no rear wiper blade.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1272hatchcompare.jpg (231.5 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by TheVinylKingz; 09-06-2016 at 10:29 PM.. Reason: adding a picture
TheVinylKingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 08:50 PM   #20186
imbored205
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
imbored205 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Questions regarding Z32 brake conversion on a 95 S14 SE

I can do the fronts fine but have questions on the rear.

Since I have a 5lug S14 SE, I can use my stock hubs and dont have to change them out to z32 hubs corrects?

All I need to buy for a complete rear setup are
Z32 Calipers/pads/rotors
R33 ebrake cable
Z32 NA ebrake assembly

For the ebrake assembly, does it have to be from an NA Z32 or can it also be from a TT Z32?
imbored205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 09:46 PM   #20187
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
Either of the Z32 ebrake assemblies will work. Only difference is the type of anchor bolt (and the corresponding hub). The thicker one is ideal but the skinneier one just needs to be spaced out. Pretty sure Skyline ebrake assemblies will also work.

derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 10:29 PM   #20188
imbored205
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
imbored205 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by derass View Post
Either of the Z32 ebrake assemblies will work. Only difference is the type of anchor bolt (and the corresponding hub). The thicker one is ideal but the skinneier one just needs to be spaced out. Pretty sure Skyline ebrake assemblies will also work.

So I can buy any z32 ebrake assembly and slap it on my stock hubs? If the assembly comes with the skinnier bolts, I'll just put some washers on it.

I thought this is how I could do it but just wanted to make sure before I buy.
imbored205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 07:23 AM   #20189
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbored205 View Post
So I can buy any z32 ebrake assembly and slap it on my stock hubs? If the assembly comes with the skinnier bolts, I'll just put some washers on it.

I thought this is how I could do it but just wanted to make sure before I buy.
That's exactly what I did on mine. Has two big washers to space it out properly. Using R33 cables also.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 06:48 PM   #20190
Alex_Zenki

Alex_Zenki is an unknown quantity at this point
Doing ball joints in my rlca. I have an s14 for reference btw. I searched for what I would consider to be all over and got the information I thought I needed to do this. Went to advance and picked up b13 Sentra ball joints. However, I pressed the rears out and measured to find out the b13 Sentra ball joints are a little under 2mm thinner Han the stock. So there's play when I set it in position in the rlca. What can I do. Is there a way to still use these or should I return and try a different ball joint. I'm pretty sure I had purchased the right ones especially since the Internet said my s14 rears were 38mm not 41mm and change. Thanks
Alex_Zenki is offline   Reply With Quote