Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-28-2013, 07:35 PM   #331
Mustache240
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
Mustache240 is making a name for him/her selfMustache240 is making a name for him/her selfMustache240 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Old. No longer a sil80 and gonna be boosting 14lbs soon with fmic so no more sleeper look
Mustache240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2013, 07:48 PM   #332
unreal-
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (16)
unreal- is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rg3777 View Post
Referring to this thread: www.ka-t.org • View topic - A KA24DE-T'ers california dream manifold

someone mentions the ka sits 2 in higher and that the elbow or dp needs to be lengthened. I'm trying to confirm this. I pmd Matty and he said he just heat and bent his dp to fit. I want it to bolt on with out having to heat it. I'd rather have one of those parts lengthened.
Yes the DP has to be lengthened vertically (closest to the flange that connects to the turbo elbow) by about 1.5 inches. When i ordered my ISIS DP from enjuku racing they already did the lengthening in house before it was shipped. Just have to let them know that its going onto a KA-T setup.

It also depends on how your motor sits due to your mounts. If you have lowered mounts (aka drift freaq or circuit sports) it wont need to be as lengthened as much as if you had Nismo mounts. Its a fine line between clearance to the floorboard and clearance to the asphalt. When you are dealing with an inch or two of clearance it really matters. With my Nismo mounts, my DP sits about a finger away from the floorboard.
unreal- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:13 PM   #333
rg3777

Trader Rating: (1)
rg3777 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by unreal- View Post
Yes the DP has to be lengthened vertically (closest to the flange that connects to the turbo elbow) by about 1.5 inches. When i ordered my ISIS DP from enjuku racing they already did the lengthening in house before it was shipped. Just have to let them know that its going onto a KA-T setup.

It also depends on how your motor sits due to your mounts. If you have lowered mounts (aka drift freaq or circuit sports) it wont need to be as lengthened as much as if you had Nismo mounts. Its a fine line between clearance to the floorboard and clearance to the asphalt. When you are dealing with an inch or two of clearance it really matters. With my Nismo mounts, my DP sits about a finger away from the floorboard.
Thanks a ton. This info is super helpful. I've read a lot of threads regarding ka-t's with oem sr parts, and that one bit of info is the answer I've been looking for. I will also be using nismo mounts. What exhaust do you have? Will any sr dp bolt on to a stock ka or aftermarket ka exhaust? Or is a sr cat back required?
rg3777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:28 PM   #334
unreal-
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg3777 View Post
Thanks a ton. This info is super helpful. I've read a lot of threads regarding ka-t's with oem sr parts, and that one bit of info is the answer I've been looking for. I will also be using nismo mounts. What exhaust do you have? Will any sr dp bolt on to a stock ka or aftermarket ka exhaust? Or is a sr cat back required?
No problem

I have a HKS sport exhaust (very quiet and low key) and any SR DP will bolt onto a KA Exhaust. They are identical in that area. Only problem you will run into is the size difference. If you have a aftermarket exhaust thats 3" you will be fine. If you are using a aftermarket DP and stock exhaust you will run into some problems, but who uses a stock exhaust? lol

Extra info: The HKS sport is the quietest exhaust that you can get for the S13/S14. Paired with a high flow cat, you can barely hear the car at idle, and road noise is louder than the exhaust note. I added a small 12" resonator to mellow things out, but its still very quiet. It still sounds really good once you get on it, and its noticeable from inside the car, but dont expect to show off with this exhaust lol
Old 08-29-2013, 02:19 PM   #335
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by unreal- View Post

For future reference, isis dp would work, let enjuku know its for ka. I have the 3" into dual 4" tips exhaust. So with the isis dp, exhaust would be complete (turbo back) correct?

I also have the circuit sports stiffer mounts. So I shouldn't have any problems correct?
Old 08-30-2013, 12:59 AM   #336
unreal-
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellion240sx View Post
I have the 3" into dual 4" tips exhaust. So with the isis dp, exhaust would be complete (turbo back) correct?
Yup. all you would need at that point is a cat or test pipe.

Quote:
I also have the circuit sports stiffer mounts. So I shouldn't have any problems correct?[
No you should not have any problems.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:46 AM   #337
that_one_coupe
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
that_one_coupe is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I should hopefully be getting this done soon. The guy will have both my sr and ka manifolds in awhile.
that_one_coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:54 PM   #338
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
I am not required one. So can I skip that test and cat? I am a dog person actually.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:00 AM   #339
Zzz89
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
Zzz89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Since ya'll brought the thread back, here's mine. Just need the OEM SR airbox but that thing is hard to find.

Last edited by Zzz89; 04-17-2014 at 10:02 PM..
Zzz89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:12 AM   #340
iamtheyi
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
iamtheyi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
^ any more info? Tune, injectors, Looks like a ARC front mount IC? Size of turbo?

Clean set-up. Nearly exactly the way I want it.

iamtheyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:56 AM   #341
Zzz89
Leaky Injector

Thanks,

Mods are:
Stock internals
S15 t28 spec R turbo
ARC FMIC
JWT ECU
370CC Injectors
Z32 MAF + K&N filter
3in Elbow
Circuit Sport DP
Nismo 3in Exhaust

If you're wondering why I'm only using 370cc injectors, it's cause I won't be boosting more than 7lbs on the stock motor. This build was clean but on a budget and the injectors were free.

Last edited by Zzz89; 04-17-2014 at 10:03 PM..
Old 09-03-2013, 09:57 PM   #342
goqr25
Leaky Injector

goqr25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks really clean man
goqr25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:34 AM   #343
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzz89 View Post
Thanks,

Mods are:
Stock internals
S15 t28 spec R turbo
ARC FMIC
JWT ECU
370CC Injectors
Z32 MAF + K&N filter
Megan Elbow
Circuit Sport DP
Nismo 3in Exhaust

If you're wondering why I'm only using 370cc injectors, it's cause I won't be boosting more than 7lbs on the stock motor. This build was clean but on a budget and the injectors were free.
Any hp/tq numbers?

Clean set up!
Instagram: @rjsladerade
revat619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:24 AM   #344
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Stock intake box + cooling panel painted black would make this set up very low-profile.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:18 AM   #345
240sxfan6882
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
240sxfan6882 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
This used to be my setup until a crack developed on the manifold. I had to go with another manifold because I didn't have time to keep seeing if the re-welding would work. I did a top mount WG setup and I imported that S14 SR airbox from Britain.

240sxfan6882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:09 PM   #346
GroundPerformance
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (44)
GroundPerformance is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Glad to know this thread is still alive...

SoCal KA24DET/KA24ET Owners
<< Join the FB Group >>
GroundPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:33 PM   #347
yaldizzle
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
yaldizzle is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
can't wait to go ka-t for my s14! i'm gona go with the super stealth look too. just need to find someone selling the sr turbo manifold that's already meshed with the ka manifold lol.
yaldizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:19 AM   #348
240sxfan6882
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
240sxfan6882 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaldizzle View Post
can't wait to go ka-t for my s14! i'm gona go with the super stealth look too. just need to find someone selling the sr turbo manifold that's already meshed with the ka manifold lol.
I have one, PM if interested
240sxfan6882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:49 AM   #349
that_one_coupe
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
that_one_coupe is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Which heat shield are you using?
Quote:
Thanks,

Mods are:
Stock internals
S15 t28 spec R turbo
ARC FMIC
JWT ECU
370CC Injectors
Z32 MAF + K&N filter
Megan Elbow
Circuit Sport DP
Nismo 3in Exhaust

that_one_coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:14 AM   #350
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Zzz89 I'd like to know a bit about your setup too.

HP?
Any issues?
Cost?

How it feels vs stock?
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:55 AM   #351
Zzz89
Leaky Injector

Sorry for the late reply guys, forgot to subscribe to this thread.

that_one_coupe- I used the hybrid KA/SR manifold in order to use the stock SR heatshield. There is a little difference between the S13 and S14 SR exhaust manifold so you will need the heatshield specific to the manifold you chose. I don't know which manifold I had but I had both heatshields so I was fine.

Future240- I don't have numbers yet but will get them soon. The car is running a little rich otherwise it's pretty smooth. I daily it and take it on 3hr trips at least 4x a month. Total cost was probably around $1,500-$1,700. Everybody says stock KA's have good torque and with the turbo, it really comes alive. It pulls and sounds nicer than my buddy's SR.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:20 AM   #352
crzsteveo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
crzsteveo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
^thanks dude. you have given me inspiration on what I want my daily KA to look like.

what kind of ECU are you using?
crzsteveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 04:38 PM   #353
yetijeff
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
yetijeff is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
You guys that are doin the ka/sr hybrid mani's what are u using to weld them? I just came up on a ka and an sr, but I don't know if I should use mig or tig, and I don't really have too much experience welding cast parts...
yetijeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:38 PM   #354
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Sorry for the late reply guys, forgot to subscribe to this thread.

that_one_coupe- I used the hybrid KA/SR manifold in order to use the stock SR heatshield. There is a little difference between the S13 and S14 SR exhaust manifold so you will need the heatshield specific to the manifold you chose. I don't know which manifold I had but I had both heatshields so I was fine.

Future240- I don't have numbers yet but will get them soon. The car is running a little rich otherwise it's pretty smooth. I daily it and take it on 3hr trips at least 4x a month. Total cost was probably around $1,500-$1,700. Everybody says stock KA's have good torque and with the turbo, it really comes alive. It pulls and sounds nicer than my buddy's SR.

Thanks for the reply. You are brave. I'm much to chicken to put boost to my KA. I'm just afraid of blowing rings since I can't afford to buy a new one.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 06:52 PM   #355
winter
Zilvia Junkie

winter is an unknown quantity at this point
this thread is awesome.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:31 AM   #356
Zzz89
Leaky Injector

Quote:
what kind of ECU are you using?
Using JWT

Quote:
You guys that are doin the ka/sr hybrid mani's what are u using to weld them? I just came up on a ka and an sr, but I don't know if I should use mig or tig, and I don't really have too much experience welding cast parts...
Sorry, no experience in welding. I had Alex do it for me. Here is a link to one of his threadsKA24DE-T'ers california dream manifold : 240sx General Discussion

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. You are brave. I'm much to chicken to put boost to my KA. I'm just afraid of blowing rings since I can't afford to buy a new one.
No problem! You should be fine on stock boost. I've done a lot of research before I went KA-T as I was also very cautious on blowing parts. Some guys have daily's with stock internals boosting 15lbs. Just make sure you have a good tune.
Old 11-26-2013, 02:18 AM   #357
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Irresistible is an unknown quantity at this point
Any reason you chose to go with JWT over Enthalpy?
Old 11-26-2013, 02:43 AM   #358
iamtheyi
Nissanaholic!

iamtheyi is an unknown quantity at this point
If anything, most people in california will get JWT because they're relatively local.

iamtheyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:15 PM   #359
rg3777

Trader Rating: (1)
rg3777 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'm thinking of giving nismotronic a try. Anyone have any experience with it?
rg3777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:28 PM   #360
kouki_mobster

kouki_mobster is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irresistible View Post
Any reason you chose to go with JWT over Enthalpy?
From what I understand for JWT you do not need to retune if you add cams, intake manifold, P&P, or if you change turbos. Thats a plus if you decide to add parts later on. As for Enthalpy, you get a tune to the exact specs. If you change anything, you'll have to get it retuned.
kouki_mobster is offline   Reply With Quote