Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 07-15-2009, 04:23 AM   #1
joe3180
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
joe3180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
flex downpipe...need it?

i was just wondering does a flex downpipe help that much? if so what is a good quality one is out there? im anti megan racing btw. im just finishing up my large install and got a tomei exhust mani and i sure would like it to last as long as i can. so if the flex pipe really helps that much then i guess ill sale my old rsr one....thanks for any comments.
joe3180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2009, 08:32 AM   #2
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
It does. Keeping the weight of the exhaust from swinging around under the car is a huge benefit to keeping the manifold from cracking. But more important is actually using all the exhaust hangers (the one to the transmission mainly) and making sure they're not worn out. Just doing that eliminates most of the exhaust flex.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:36 AM   #3
murda-c
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
http://zilvia.net/f/advertiser-speci...ump-elbow.html
Old 07-15-2009, 02:58 PM   #4
joe3180
Zilvia Junkie

yea the one to my tranny is pretty much melted together....im thinking ur talking about the little bump stopper from the downpipe to the tranny correct? i was kinda wondering if that is a good or bad thing....on one hand i know the exhuast isnt swinging but on the other hand some of the flex is being directly transfered....so im torn.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:41 AM   #5
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
That and stiffer engine mounts to keep the engine from torquing sideways.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:04 PM   #6
joe3180
Zilvia Junkie

i got that covered. got some cusco soild mounts. hopefully that will be enough for the time being, was just bout to buy the powered by max one but 2 week wait on it and i cant be out of this car for that long i gotta get it running and tuned sometime soon. i think i sould be safe for the time being, gotta drive slow and careful while my clutch breaks in and by that time i should have the flex pipe.