Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 10-08-2011, 07:20 PM   #1
C210

Trader Rating: (0)
C210 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fitting Coilovers to C210 skyline, which ones?

Hey guys,

I'm going to fit s13 coilovers to my 1980 C210 skyline. It can be done with a little modifying. I'm trying to decide which coilovers to use. I know there are a ton of threads out there about which coilovers is best but my situation is a little different as you can see.

The main two features I'm looking for is comfy but sport ride not too harsh. My mustang has ford racing springs which are 250 and 199 lbs/in which is a pretty harsh ride. But this is on a shock & spring set up not coilovers. Will the dampening setting take care or the ride in coilovers?

Also I need the most ride height adjustment as we don't know how it will sit until we get them on.

My 3 choices are apexi n1, fourtune auto or stance. Budget is $1500 max.

Any input you can give will be great. Thanks.
C210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2011, 10:50 PM   #2
n8RPS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
n8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
PBM Pro coils! They come with camber/caster pillowball upper ans Swift springs, but the ride will pretty aggresive though but have tons of adjustability. You might be able to have them order you a set with a different spring rate since they are Swift springs anyway. They are in your price range too.

WASTED I AM!
n8RPS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 12:12 AM   #3
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Not all of them come with swift springs. And to the op I say you get stance. Just some lx ones. Smoother ride and still sporty. Do no get pbm! I'd recommend them to anybody elsE but you cause you want comfort lol. I live in Socal with horrible roads on some pbm coils with 10k 8k spring rates. It's not for the feint of heart lol. But I love them. Maxed out low on them too.

But stance lx with a swift spring upgrade sounds like the best bets for you
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 09:08 AM   #4
C210

Thanks guys the Stance do look like the ones to go with. The thing that worries me is the i read on some reviews ppl said the thread length was short. So they yes they go super low but to ride high no. the reason that worries me is the difference between the c210 shocks and coiovers in the first place is huge.

If i get the apexi N1 coilovers and softer springs will this give me a smoother ride comparable to the Lx? when you compare the lx to the N1 the stance coilovers hav only half the amount of dampening settings.

sorry for the ton of questions i'm total noob when it comes to coilovers.

Last edited by C210; 10-11-2011 at 01:54 PM..
Old 10-09-2011, 09:25 PM   #5
C210

Arghhhhh!! Been reading up a lot and now I'm down to the Apexi S1 and the Tein Flex. Both are the same prices got put off te stance by some of the reviews talking about a boucny feeling and noise on the spring.

So which one flex or S1's?