Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > Mid-Atlantic States

Mid-Atlantic States DC, Delaware, Kentucky, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia.

Old 04-28-2015, 07:40 PM   #1
IslandBoy

Trader Rating: (4)
IslandBoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
s14 Need help modifying floor pan/seat mounts on S14

Hey guys, are there any fabricators out there willing to give me a ball park estimate on how much they would charge to 1.) eliminate the catalytic converter hump in my floor pans 2.) perform any necessary exhaust modifications to compensate for the flat floorpan and 3.) incorporate mounting points for my Sparco Evo II bucket seat? (*catches breath*) A lot of people claim for it to be an easy task, but I do not have any welding experience or access to a welder. I also do not want to skimp out on anything dealing with safety.

I recently went to a drift event and sat in a Pro Am driver's S14 and was almost envious of how much more comfortable his seating position was in comparison to mine (fix mounted seats are almost a must for those with freakishly long torsos and sunroof S14's). If you could shoot me a PM if you are capable and willing to schedule this work to be done, that would be awesome . I live in PG County, but am willing to drive an hour or two to get the job done right. Thanks a lot!
IslandBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2015, 09:28 AM   #2
BoostinIX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (29)
BoostinIX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to BoostinIX Send a message via AIM to BoostinIX Send a message via MSN to BoostinIX Send a message via Yahoo to BoostinIX
The cat hump is kind of big, and is in the exhaust path. Not really something you want to COMPLETELY remove. There's not THAT much room down there.

You'll need to hammer til it splits, weld in reinforcement, and modify OTS rails.

Example:

Continuing what I was saying about customize some brides, here's pics of what they ended up with, as well as compared to off the shelf Planted for the pass side. Seats are Evo 3's. In retrospect, I wish I'd gotten rails without sliders.

You're close to me, welcome to meet up and see what JE in Baltimore did for me. It'll just be a couple hours labor to modify. PM me.
Old 04-29-2015, 01:32 PM   #3
IslandBoy

Trader Rating: (4)
IslandBoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Thanks for the response man, I'm about to hit your Inbox now
IslandBoy is offline   Reply With Quote