Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 04-29-2008, 08:43 PM   #91
gregfarz78
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
gregfarz78 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Great build so far.

The trim looks great does it look that good in person too? I thought of doing it to my ugly blue trim but not sure how the trim paint would compare to the real thing
gregfarz78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2008, 02:52 PM   #92
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
how much did the new frame rail cost u?
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 06:33 PM   #93
rps13sr20det
Leaky Injector

rps13sr20det is making a name for him/her selfrps13sr20det is making a name for him/her self
looks fantastic.!!!!! I really wanna see how the rest of the frame rail turns out. !
Old 05-03-2008, 06:43 PM   #94
sldbyuramg
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
sldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
model spray paint works really well too. just pick it up at your local hobby shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctm_motortrends View Post
What are you using to paint all the trim ? Looks really good.
sldbyuramg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 07:35 PM   #95
GhettoIced-t

GhettoIced-t is an unknown quantity at this point
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...=8&catalogid=2

^Thats the oem frame rail replacement...i believe its only 40 bucks!
GhettoIced-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 01:34 AM   #96
jon_mr2
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Trader Rating: (4)
jon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshark123 View Post
how much did the new frame rail cost u?
i think was around 60 bucks... got it from the nismo shop, oem parts section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rps13sr20det View Post
looks fantastic.!!!!! I really wanna see how the rest of the frame rail turns out. !
yeah, i think ill work on it tommorow, got more blades for the spot weld cutter. and hopefully ill weld on the new one tommorow as well. so maybe ill update tommorow or the day after. i really need to get some progress done, lol.
jon_mr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 07:51 AM   #97
gregfarz78
Zilvia Member

gregfarz78 is on a distinguished road
Do you have to cut out the old frame rail or does this one weld right over the old one?
gregfarz78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 08:30 AM   #98
LA_phantom_240
Nissanaholic!

Location: Louisiana. LA is for Louisiana. L.A. is Los Angeles.
Trader Rating: (2)
LA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Very nice build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways View Post
Come on, this isn't Gran Turismo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOK
your balls are either ballin, or they aren't... no second hand nut sweat can change that.
3/28/09 Buy this stuff!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/24807...-stuff-fs.html
LA_phantom_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 06:36 PM   #99
Hawaiian240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (17)
Hawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
s13

Eh, awesome job cuz!! Keep up da good work.

By da way, what part of da Big Island you from? I grew up in Kamuela just out of town on da Hamakua side. Went to Waimea Elementary and then Kamehameha on O'ahu.
Hawaiian240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 07:35 PM   #100
JDMSTYLE
Zilvia Member

JDMSTYLE is an unknown quantity at this point
wow!! you give me hope of restoring my 89. except i have like a million wiring problems to solve before i start the body work...
JDMSTYLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 08:23 PM   #101
90KAcoupe
Zilvia Junkie

90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to 90KAcoupe
this reminds me of my car.. other then ur doing a little more resto then i did.. u should have spot welded everything.. but nice job keep it up.. and be sure u paint everything and dont half ass.. it gets hard towards the end of a build to keep paying attention to detail but it all comes out worth it in the end.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:27 AM   #102
jon_mr2

jon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregfarz78 View Post
Do you have to cut out the old frame rail or does this one weld right over the old one?
gotta take em out... and whatever else rust thats in there as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90KAcoupe View Post
this reminds me of my car.. other then ur doing a little more resto then i did.. u should have spot welded everything.. but nice job keep it up.. and be sure u paint everything and dont half ass.. it gets hard towards the end of a build to keep paying attention to detail but it all comes out worth it in the end.
love your thread, your car came out looking great btw... hope mine comes out just as good. as for the spot welding, maybe another project, this one will be fine without it :P

as for what i did today... studied a little for my ase test coming up then went outside after lunch... and... didnt really get much done again

put the car on some benches

removed the tie rods and cleaned the steering rack. sure is stupid trying to take off the tie rods without some sort of vise or not on the vehicle. plus i didnt have a big enough wrench, left my tools at work, but i managed...

what do you guys think of silver? too much? i might change it to black maybe

attemping to take off the damn peice again... think i actually got all the spot welds this time...

exept a few hiding behind this peice of metal... guess ill try finish next week
Old 05-05-2008, 02:18 AM   #103
P_856
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
P_856 is just really niceP_856 is just really niceP_856 is just really niceP_856 is just really niceP_856 is just really niceP_856 is just really niceP_856 is just really niceP_856 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
damn dude great work + rep for u just subscribed to this thread too cant wait to see it when your all done
P_856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 02:12 PM   #104
Char
Leaky Injector

Char is an unknown quantity at this point
How much of the frame rails can you actually buy and replace?

I think one of mine has a small rot spot.. I forget where it is though. I might be lucky and be able to patch the spot.

Awesome build though.. Im happy to see someone actually Restore a car instead of trash it and look for a cleaner one for a project.
Char is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 12:38 AM   #105
jon_mr2

hey guys. could anyone help me with my question? ... just dont want to order the wrong parts and waste money

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=192071

thanks.

Jon
Old 05-16-2008, 12:50 AM   #106
worangejuice
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
worangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
This build is friggityFRESH!
Thus proving once again that Hawaii has the dopest rides! Props on just painting the interior, that's exactly what I did. I even painted the carpet and rear seat,haha.
WERD
Old 05-16-2008, 01:04 AM   #107
CoasTek240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
CoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CoasTek240
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_mr2 View Post
hey guys. could anyone help me with my question? ... just dont want to order the wrong parts and waste money

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=192071

thanks.

Jon
well done on thw build.
i replied to your other thread.
good luck with the rest of the build and keep us informed.
-dave
CoasTek240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 03:33 AM   #108
jon_mr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoasTek240 View Post
well done on thw build.
i replied to your other thread.
good luck with the rest of the build and keep us informed.
-dave
hey dave,
thanks for replying and answering my question, now i can go order them parts and move on with this project! chee

Jon
Old 06-05-2008, 12:16 PM   #109
cbcustoms
Zilvia Junkie

cbcustoms has a spectacular aura aboutcbcustoms has a spectacular aura aboutcbcustoms has a spectacular aura aboutcbcustoms has a spectacular aura aboutcbcustoms has a spectacular aura aboutcbcustoms has a spectacular aura about
Any updates?
cbcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 11:03 PM   #110
jon_mr2

ok, finally got some updates. found more rust on the frame rail behind the frame rail, so i just ended up cutting out the rails and the floorboard on the driver side. got some free 16g sheet metal from my landlords brother in law. cut some peices and did some measurements and started patching the hole i made. i know the welds look like crap, but ill work on that.

old piece

new piece

next weekend im gona finish welding all the holes shut. everything is secure now, so im happy with it.

also got the trunk painted

and got these steering angle spacers too from powered by max, so i put the steering rack back together, ready to go back into the car

Old 06-16-2008, 12:27 AM   #111
importantone
Zilvia Member

importantone has a spectacular aura aboutimportantone has a spectacular aura aboutimportantone has a spectacular aura aboutimportantone has a spectacular aura aboutimportantone has a spectacular aura aboutimportantone has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to importantone
dude... looking good, and going strong!
Old 06-16-2008, 12:53 AM   #112
JDM_eightSIX
Leaky Injector

JDM_eightSIX is a name known to allJDM_eightSIX is a name known to allJDM_eightSIX is a name known to allJDM_eightSIX is a name known to allJDM_eightSIX is a name known to allJDM_eightSIX is a name known to allJDM_eightSIX is a name known to allJDM_eightSIX is a name known to allJDM_eightSIX is a name known to allJDM_eightSIX is a name known to allJDM_eightSIX is a name known to all
Super sick build... I have the same Floorboard rust Im starting to work on. Thanks for the motivation!
JDM_eightSIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 03:35 AM   #113
Char
Leaky Injector

Quote:
ok, finally got some updates. found more rust on the frame rail behind the frame rail, so i just ended up cutting out the rails and the floorboard on the driver side. got some free 16g sheet metal from my landlords brother in law. cut some peices and did some measurements and started patching the hole i made. i know the welds look like crap, but ill work on that.
Thats EXACTLY like how mine is, but on the passenger side (which Im lucky for compared to you I guess). Its why I asked before.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:49 AM   #114
gsxr141
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
gsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
that takes some dedication. good work man. now i guess i have no excuse for not restoring my 89 coupe. did you have any body, or trunk rust to deal with?
gsxr141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:55 AM   #115
Char
Leaky Injector

=(
Old 06-19-2008, 09:14 PM   #116
jon_mr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr141 View Post
that takes some dedication. good work man. now i guess i have no excuse for not restoring my 89 coupe. did you have any body, or trunk rust to deal with?
no other rust except the front rad support area, windshield cowl and i still gotta fix the rust by the door hinges... ugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char View Post

=(
holy crap, that sucks...
Old 06-19-2008, 09:18 PM   #117
ms!3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
ms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ms!3
cool build. what silver are you using?
ms!3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:12 PM   #118
Char
Leaky Injector

Quote:
holy crap, that sucks...
Yeah luckily other then the driver side rocker there is NO other rust on the car, I dont know what happen on the passenger side though. Its why I ended up subscribing to this thread, seems to be close to what I have to do.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:06 AM   #119
frosti108
Zilvia Member

frosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to frosti108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char View Post
Yeah luckily other then the driver side rocker there is NO other rust on the car, I dont know what happen on the passenger side though. Its why I ended up subscribing to this thread, seems to be close to what I have to do.

seems like maybe the windsheild had a leak or somethin?

anyway, jon, great work man. would you say 16 gauge is the right size metal to use for patching the s13 up? i need to do some cut n welds soon before im able to peddle like the flinstones

great work though! your doing all the things we all want to do, but have no patience for
Old 06-20-2008, 12:15 AM   #120
Char
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by frosti108 View Post
seems like maybe the windsheild had a leak or somethin?
Doesnt seem so. Its only in those spots you see there. If it was leaking it would be all alone the firewall. I think where the rail is it rusted from inside out (rail holding water). Wouldnt be the first time, my Hard Body Pickup frame rusted from the inside out too over the rear tires. The other sections I believe are from the passanger side missing the splash gaurds. The rocker panels I can trace back to the sun roof. Nissan and their infinite wisdom chose to drain the sunroof right into the rocket panels. My 200SX (B14) is rusting inside the door jams too so it seems they kept doing it across plateforms and a redesigned platform later.