Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 10-11-2009, 02:45 PM   #61
epics13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
epics13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by R@tch View Post
Almost everything on the intake side is finished, fitting the tomei oil block with the engine in was quite a hassle. Finished polishing the greddy intake, I have very limited tools so it didn't turn out as I had hoped but it will have to do (until I ever get better tools). Refurbished the throttle body somewhat and custom made an aluminium bracket for the throttle cable. Everything is bolted/torqued with new nissan gaskets so I hope I won't have to take it apart for a long time coming.

God Dam i love ur engine bay, i wish that one day ill be on ur level of neatness.
epics13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2009, 10:37 PM   #62
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by epics13 View Post
God Dam i love ur engine bay, i wish that one day ill be on ur level of neatness.
I was thinking the same thing...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 04:53 AM   #63
R@tch
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
R@tch is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thanks all for the comments. Some updates:
Removed the interior aircon matrix, I was under the impression I would have to take the whole dash out, luckily only the glovebox was enough.

Been working on the rear brakes, Painted the rear calipers to match the fronts:

new discs, pads, braided hoses, dust seals/clips and pistons to overhaul the calipers.

@rakooda, I've owned the car for 4 years now, it's not a continuous build though (+ I have other cars to enjoy ), it's been left standing for numerous months in between. The engine is not running right now as the turbo still needs proper installing, so I don't know how the vgtt behaves yet.

Last edited by R@tch; 04-26-2010 at 02:23 PM..
R@tch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:57 PM   #64
dustin142
BANNED

Trader Rating: (1)
dustin142 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
like the build
dustin142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 12:15 AM   #65
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
I see a spoiler in one picture, but not the others. Hopefully you are planning to add something similar. In my opinion (and that is all it is, my OPINION) the fastback needs a Wangan style wing to attempt to "square off" the rear end. The stock rear end is too rounded to flow with the very blocky Silvia Aero front you are using.

Looks to be a very clean job thus far though.
messagelength
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 01:11 AM   #66
yoquieros13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
yoquieros13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Beautiful ride man and very nice fitment on everything.
yoquieros13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 02:18 AM   #67
g-via
Zilvia FREAK!

g-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of light
wow, you've invested a lot of time and money into this car...
Old 11-24-2009, 02:19 AM   #68
azndan2
Leaky Injector

azndan2 has a spectacular aura aboutazndan2 has a spectacular aura aboutazndan2 has a spectacular aura aboutazndan2 has a spectacular aura aboutazndan2 has a spectacular aura aboutazndan2 has a spectacular aura about
!!

amazing
Old 11-24-2009, 06:12 PM   #69
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Damn I love your BBK (Endless for the win!) Great attention to the small details! (Plus spending the $$$ on quality goods)...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 07:03 PM   #70
Xbroke_kidX
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
Xbroke_kidX is making a name for him/her selfXbroke_kidX is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Xbroke_kidX
Damn this car is awesome (except sr and sil front) I wish you would have kept pup ups and CA.

Hey your radiator is gold, I envy your radiator lol

Last edited by Xbroke_kidX; 11-24-2009 at 07:51 PM..
Xbroke_kidX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 07:44 PM   #71
pinkarrowsnow
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
pinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
awesome such a quality build
pinkarrowsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:18 PM   #72
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
whats the deal with your radiator? gow did you make it gold?
afaik, koyo coppers have black end tanks...
Old 11-30-2009, 09:36 AM   #73
R@tch
Leaky Injector

It is a koyo copper. I bought it used with some nasty scrathes on the top endtank, applied some paint stripper and polished it up, it needs a polish every now and then to keep it shiny
Old 12-06-2009, 06:07 PM   #74
Gah....It's Too LOUD!!!

Gah....It's Too LOUD!!! is an unknown quantity at this point
Not bad at all....keep up the hard work. Love the foot work on the car.
Gah....It's Too LOUD!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 06:43 PM   #75
illestvillains

illestvillains is an unknown quantity at this point
How are you liking the K3T kit?

What kind of power are you/are you looking to make?

How is spool time on it?

I've pieced together a K3T kit (mint 3070 turbo, machined manifold adaptor, C42 wastegate w/ ceramic coated 304ss screamer, custom 3" ceramic coated 304ss downpipe w/built-in flex pipe, ss braided feed line, custom oil return hard line) for my rev3 3s-gte MR2 and am just kind of trying to plot out my power goals, as well as estimate power band.

I'm really hoping for 350-400 hp to the wheels (depending on fuel, cams, and boost level), spooling and making power in the area of ~4000rpms on my mildly built 2.0L (upgraded stainless TTE head gasket, ARP head studs, cleaned and re-decked head, intercooler, full 3" exhaust, 4" intake, HKS valve springs, and more than likely 264 cams, Power FC, 255 LPH fuel pump, adjustable FPR, undecided on injectors [currently factory 550cc's] ) spinning it to 8-8500rpms.

I know the previous owner made 345whp at 18psi on a stock fuel system, and an un-opened motor with lesser bolt ons (2.25" downpipe, intercooler, 3" intake).

Tough to find legitimate info... so much different information being tossed around, I don't know what to believe, ahah. Seems like a lot of misinformation, too.

Any info you have would be greatly appreciated.

Very nice build you have going. Lots of nice parts, and looks like a lot of quality, clean installs. Keep it up.
illestvillains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 08:44 AM   #76
eklips3
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
eklips3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
wow , very clean , very nice build.

do all left hand drive S chassis cars in europe come with either CA18's or SR20's ??

1992 240sx (RB20. 362whp@16psi)
eklips3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 09:18 AM   #77
wh0aitznic0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
wh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
What spoon parts do you have on your car? In the honda world, apparently spoon is good shit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailandkill View Post
wh0aitznic0 -- has or had a shocker sticker on his car at one point, is asian with a gooey white center

<3
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Nothing says, 'I'm broke and still trying', like aftermarket steelies.
wh0aitznic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 01:34 PM   #78
saruz
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (6)
saruz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
super clean build, love the zip tied lines =]
saruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:17 PM   #79
R@tch
Leaky Injector

Thanks for the comments
@illestvillains, thanks for the pm's!
@eklips3, Yes, both LHD and UK RHD, all European s13 200sx's came only with ca18det's, and all s14 200sx's only with blacktop vvt sr20det's.
@wh0aitznic0, I don't remember what was in that box, sorry , but there are no spoon parts on my car.

I hope the next part makes sense, English is not my native language so I appologize in advance for any mistakes.

The front calipers did not clear the spokes of my rims with r33 gt-r size 324mm discs/brackets, I could fit spacers, but the wheels will stick too far out of the wheelarch with sensible negative camber. I don't want to rub my tires or fit wide fenders either. Besides that the 2-piece endless discs I got with them were worn out and new endless replacement discs are really expensive meaning I will need new discs anyway.

Earlier I got brackets that make these calipers work with standard sized 280mm s14 discs,

but now I thought running larger 297mm z32 discs in the rear was weird .

I started browsing the brembo website in search of discs that would sit further back in the wheelarch (more disc height) and ended up with audi s8 discs.

I do not have the resources to design and make my own brackets, I bought some other cheap caliper brackets that were advertised to space out s14 4-pot calipers to match them with r33 gtr discs. They also fitted with the above endless brackets. 2x brackets might seem :ghey: but it truly fits really well, they slot right into eachother.

These stainless steel caliper brackets are easy to machine/trim back for the new disc height and after doing so the caliper cleared the rim only just.

However they were supposed to be for 324mm discs, the audi discs are 323mm. That should mean only 0.5mm less disc surface for the pads. Most pads produce a lip on the discs, so I thought it would be fine. But as you might see in the next picture the caliper ended up sitting way too far outward for the s8 disc.

There is 3mm of pad surface that doesn't touch the disc, I could fit 330mm discs under there. So, next plan is 330mm Mercedes SL500 discs. Besides drilling a 114.3x4 stud patern I will only need to have the 67mm hub hole machined to 68mm and they will center right on the nissan hubs. Disc height is 64,5mm compared to 49mm for the r33 gt-r discs. The audi discs were 60mm in height, I can still trim the brackets a further 4,5mm So the calipers will eventually sit 15,5mm back into the wheelarch and clear my wheels nicely .

Does anybody see anything wrong with this?
Old 04-27-2010, 06:19 AM   #80
R@tch
Leaky Injector

Some other updates:
new endless ns97 front pads

new turbo & wastegate gaskets from Blitz

new Nissan exhaust manifold gasket

Freshly wrapped Blitz down/frontpipe with tomei egt and AF meter sensors

After a full can of flame proof resin coating

JIC bullet catback exhaust and Sard torque control valve

The turbo and full exhaust are now fitted, but I want to reposition the wastegate. I don't know if it is a wise decision (probably not ) but I am thinking of pointing a screamer pipe straight through the hood, fit the pipe with a small exhaust/rain flapper and probably use some sheet alumium or something like this to 'heat shield' the hole:

I allready started hacking away at the old wastegatepipe (left) as I will re-use the old flanges.

Rolled the arches with very slight pull in the rear, first time I used one of those fender tools

Last picture

My impatient little brother crudely modified it with paint for a rough impression of how it will look after real paint. Although most people seem to paint the lower black part of the oem nisssan skirts as it makes the car look lower I plan on retaining it and continue that line on the front lip and rear aprons.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:39 AM   #81
bb4_96
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
bb4_96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
You have a feature worthy car.
bb4_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 07:23 AM   #82
ser20det

ser20det is an unknown quantity at this point
Where did you get your GT-spec engine mounts ?

Can u pm me on that ?

Thank you sir
ser20det is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 06:18 PM   #83
R@tch
Leaky Injector

Sanding, sanding, sanding...

Please don't kill me for cutting and hacking an aero bumper

It was in sh*t condition when I got it, deformed, bottom with cracks, must have been repainted 2 times or more...

What rear aprons to choose? Rareness

oldschool hks bov in need of some work, I'm probably making it recirculating

Placing the wastegate for screamer through the hood

Car is dusty
Old 07-16-2010, 06:39 PM   #84
slow40sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
slow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slow40sx
yes! un-OEM an aero bumper, shit is gonna be gangster, spec A vent ftw, wish it was on a coupe but its still gonna look dope, can't wait to see it painted
Old 07-19-2010, 03:22 PM   #85
.emerson.
Leaky Injector

.emerson. is an unknown quantity at this point
this build is so cash. I've never hated or loved the sileighty look, but yours made me drift into the love area!! Your engine bay just catches my eye!! The custom lip is nice! The paint will seal the deal!!!
.emerson. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:33 PM   #86
cloud9drift

cloud9drift is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

niice build(:
it was a good car to start with, but liking the outcome
cloud9drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 04:49 PM   #87
illestvillains

illestvillains is an unknown quantity at this point
Any new updates?

Haven't been on here in ages... love this car. So clean and tidy, but so much character.
illestvillains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:08 PM   #88
Ham Sandwich

Ham Sandwich is an unknown quantity at this point
Just don't put that dumbass wangan wing on there, for the love of god

Everything else looks dope
Ham Sandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:15 PM   #89
ZilviaKid
Zilvia FREAK!

ZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the rough
i just wanna see whats gonna happen with the screamer pipe.

so cool
Old 10-19-2010, 09:02 AM   #90
R@tch
Leaky Injector

Thanks for the comments !!

Some updates; Everything but the hood is painted, not fitted. The screamerpipe was fabricated after cutting a hole in the hood. I still need to shorten it and fit the rain flapper.

Fitted hks bov after polishing

Couldn't resist this brand new plated k3t

I'm waiting for a lot of suspension parts from Japan that will be here in the Netherlands in January.
-Nismo power brace
-Nagisa auto fender braces
-Uras rear subframe reinforcement bar
-Ikeya Formula rear upper control arms
-Ikeya Formula rear toe rods
-Ikeya Formula front tension rods
-Ikeya Formula strengthened tie rods
-Yanack reinforced tie rod ends
-Yashio Factory core support guards
+ a used garage kagotani carbon rear diffuser

going for this look without the side flaps