Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-15-2011, 04:07 AM   #4591
daftphunk
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
daftphunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Thanks for the answers codyace.

Now does anybody have experience with/own a down pipe that doesn't hang as low as the Megan Racing? About time I upgraded this shit. Would like to have a flex section. The PBM looks good but is there anything else out there?
daftphunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2011, 05:27 AM   #4592
doke! ドリフト
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
doke! ドリフト is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I just threw 25mm spacers on 18x9.5 +12(so now -13?) tires are 225/40/18

I have positive camber as of now(rubs and looks like shit), should I do like -2* of camber and drop it a bit to make it not rub my over fenders?

the fronts are 17x9.5 +12 and 25mm spacers, right now my 225/45/17s look like balloons. would 235/40 be a better fit? oorrr 215/45?? 225/40? lol

sry didnt take any pics of the fronts when spacers were on

Thanks
Old 02-15-2011, 10:03 AM   #4593
RedSiBaron
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
RedSiBaron is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Does anyone make an alternative to a welded diff? as in, I know for older american car diffs you can go out and buy a spool that replaces the diff and works exactly like a welded diff, but a machined piece

This is my question, don't tell me just to weld my diff...
RedSiBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:01 PM   #4594
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Smog for my car is coming up soon and I have CEL: 105 and 35

I know 35 is the front o2 sensor, but for 105, is this the part I need to replace?

IACV-AAC VALVE - 240SX (S14) 1995-1998 2.4L TOSOKU :: Nissan Parts, NISMO and Nissan Accessories - Courtesyparts.com
Old 02-15-2011, 12:16 PM   #4595
J-rocket

J-rocket is an unknown quantity at this point
im completely new and dont know much about the car yet but still learning ive been looking around for some good exterior additions like a greddy lip and couki tail light but i dont have much money considering i dont have a job and im 16 just wanted to know any good items i should look into for less than 250 bucks. (this is my first car got it free. it's stock. it is a 95' 240sx). someone advised me to go to this site saying it will help me alot. i wanted some good suspension to drop the car but that is also too much for me so i decided to go for some coilovers to atleast get rid of the wheel base height

also looking into some brembo rims. want gun metal or black
J-rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:56 PM   #4596
Yasko

Yasko is an unknown quantity at this point
vvvvvvvvvv

Last edited by Yasko; 03-29-2011 at 04:27 PM..
Yasko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 02:36 PM   #4597
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Anyone ever take apart an ignitor?

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 04:59 PM   #4598
jing
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
jing is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Is there any point in getting SPC rear multi-link arms (which uses poly bushings) if I'm going to install aluminum subframe inserts later anyways? Seems to me that the advantages of getting the SPC because they're more comfortable than other shit with spherical bearings will just be contradicted with the subframe inserts
jing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 05:04 PM   #4599
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by jing View Post
Is there any point in getting SPC rear multi-link arms (which uses poly bushings) if I'm going to install aluminum subframe inserts later anyways? Seems to me that the advantages of getting the SPC because they're more comfortable than other shit with spherical bearings will just be contradicted with the subframe inserts
The SPC stuff is actually really nice, but their main design 'holdback' (as it's not a flaw) is the poly bushing. I use rear SPC Toe Arms myself as they were cheap (we have an account that gets SPC parts) and that (at the time, 4 or so years ago) I never imagined I'd get this involved.

I will say that the arms have held up perfectly though! PLENTY of track abuse. THe jam nuts never come loose, and they look damn near brand new. WHile I've wanted to switch out with a spherical end, I actually do not believe that I will, just as the quality is there for me.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 06:35 PM   #4600
Nezahualcoyotl
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
Nezahualcoyotl is making his/her stupidity well-knownNezahualcoyotl is making his/her stupidity well-knownNezahualcoyotl is making his/her stupidity well-knownNezahualcoyotl is making his/her stupidity well-knownNezahualcoyotl is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
anyone know where I can get a front driverside knuckle for a 1995 VW Passat 2.8V6?
already looked and found some dealers but I wanted to see if there are other places for a better price.
Nezahualcoyotl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 06:43 PM   #4601
iLOVEASIANGIRLSS
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
iLOVEASIANGIRLSS is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
alright well im thinking of gettin a MACCOO paint job.. going from blue to pearl white on my s13 coupe.. they are doing a 775 dollar paint job for 525$$ with 2 year warranty and there painting the door hinges and trunks AND THEY ARE DOING THE PREP WORK. QUESTION IS ARE THEY LEGIT? keep in mind im 19 college student livig with roomates so this sounds like an amazing deal
Old 02-15-2011, 07:22 PM   #4602
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezahualcoyotl View Post
anyone know where I can get a front driverside knuckle for a 1995 VW Passat 2.8V6?
already looked and found some dealers but I wanted to see if there are other places for a better price.
Wheel Bearing Housing? Haven't found anyone that has any in stock.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:35 PM   #4603
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ry-guy View Post
I just threw 25mm spacers on 18x9.5 +12(so now -13?) tires are 225/40/18
I have positive camber as of now(rubs and looks like shit), should I do like -2* of camber and drop it a bit to make it not rub my over fenders?

the fronts are 17x9.5 +12 and 25mm spacers, right now my 225/45/17s look like balloons. would 235/40 be a better fit? oorrr 215/45?? 225/40? lol
sry didnt take any ics of the fronts when spacers were on
Thanks
Seams like you already know what to do!!!
just do it.
yes, just adjust camber untill the tire fits without rubbing and the lip is just under or barely sticking out.
you can also flatten the inner lip of the fender to reduce rubbing and you will be able to lower it another inch and get the lip of the rim closer to the fender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLOVEASIANGIRLSS View Post
alright well im thinking of gettin a MACCOO paint job.. going from blue to pearl white on my s13 coupe.. they are doing a 775 dollar paint job for 525$$ with 2 year warranty and there painting the door hinges and trunks AND THEY ARE DOING THE PREP WORK. QUESTION IS ARE THEY LEGIT? keep in mind im 19 college student livig with roomates so this sounds like an amazing deal
I have seen many maaco jobs that look decent, keep in mind they offer $299 paint jobs at many other of those chain body shops which will looks pretty decent and you can just offer the guy a tip or an extar $50 or so to do the door jams, maybe even tip the actual worker so he buffs it extra well.

with that in mind my buddy did the $700 paint job and it looked good, he did find some imperfections and he took it back twice they repainted every part he complained about..thats the good thing about having the warranty. and being a large chain if you have problems with a certain spot you can always go up the chain and speak to a regional office manager they always handle shit for you.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:44 PM   #4604
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
^good to know, there are some parts in my paint that does not look good, or say glossy.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:51 PM   #4605
burtonrida133
Zilvia Member

burtonrida133 has a spectacular aura aboutburtonrida133 has a spectacular aura aboutburtonrida133 has a spectacular aura aboutburtonrida133 has a spectacular aura aboutburtonrida133 has a spectacular aura aboutburtonrida133 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to burtonrida133
anyone ever heard of Hiro? i saw some guy selling s14 rear valances on craigslist for $50 and i wana know if they are a good product?
Old 02-15-2011, 10:47 PM   #4606
iLOVEASIANGIRLSS
Zilvia Member

iLOVEASIANGIRLSS is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeS14 View Post
Seams like you already know what to do!!!
just do it.
yes, just adjust camber untill the tire fits without rubbing and the lip is just under or barely sticking out.
you can also flatten the inner lip of the fender to reduce rubbing and you will be able to lower it another inch and get the lip of the rim closer to the fender.

I have seen many maaco jobs that look decent, keep in mind they offer $299 paint jobs at many other of those chain body shops which will looks pretty decent and you can just offer the guy a tip or an extar $50 or so to do the door jams, maybe even tip the actual worker so he buffs it extra well.

with that in mind my buddy did the $700 paint job and it looked good, he did find some imperfections and he took it back twice they repainted every part he complained about..thats the good thing about having the warranty. and being a large chain if you have problems with a certain spot you can always go up the chain and speak to a regional office manager they always handle shit for you.

thanks bro
Old 02-15-2011, 10:54 PM   #4607
Imarvin240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Imarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imarvin240 View Post
okay i have been looking at the measurements of an S14 rear and FD RX7 rear widths (cant find depth from rear bumper to back of rear wheels) and i was wondering if anyone knows if an FD rear diffuser will fit on an S14? the numbers are really close but i dont want to buy one if it wont work...there arent alot of diffuser choices for an S14 and the numbers are close and there are some great options for the FD diffusers. thanks guys. if anyone has an FD and they can do some measuring and see if they would fit, that would be awesome... thanks again.
anyone able to help me with this...i still havent been able to figure it out.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:27 AM   #4608
BLKTOPSR20DET
Leaky Injector

BLKTOPSR20DET is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasko View Post
sorry. +15 offset

Edit: it was, Would a 245/40 on a 17x9.5 w/ 0 camber fit under stock s14 fender in the rear for reference so you don't have to look back at last page.
yup they would rub if you were to get 225 they probably won't and with a roll and pull you should be fine
BLKTOPSR20DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:03 AM   #4609
PITCH
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
PITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
oil filter relocation for a KA . Will one from an SR work? Any plug and play KA kits out there?
Old 02-16-2011, 10:26 AM   #4610
srstan
Zilvia Member

srstan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-rocket View Post
im completely new and dont know much about the car yet but still learning ive been looking around for some good exterior additions like a greddy lip and couki tail light but i dont have much money considering i dont have a job and im 16 just wanted to know any good items i should look into for less than 250 bucks. (this is my first car got it free. it's stock. it is a 95' 240sx). someone advised me to go to this site saying it will help me alot. i wanted some good suspension to drop the car but that is also too much for me so i decided to go for some coilovers to atleast get rid of the wheel base height

also looking into some brembo rims. want gun metal or black
So you wanted good suspension but its too much??? How did you "go for some coilovers" then? A solid set of nice coilovers and brakes should be first on your list. Save your money.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:44 AM   #4611
kevmeistah21
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (68)
kevmeistah21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 68 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kevmeistah21
What s13 sr downpipe sits above the frame rail? I have a circuit sports flex downpipe and it sits about an inch below my frame rail.. I want a downpipe that sits above the frame, anyone have any suggestions?
Late Night Crew... #02 <3

Bought anything from me? Please leave me a review!

http://zilvia.net/f/private-sellers/...meistah21.html
kevmeistah21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:48 AM   #4612
godzillarb
Zilvia Junkie

godzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevmeistah21 View Post
What s13 sr downpipe sits above the frame rail? I have a circuit sports flex downpipe and it sits about an inch below my frame rail.. I want a downpipe that sits above the frame, anyone have any suggestions?
Take the pipe off and go to a muffler shop. Tell them to take 1" out and reweld. Done.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:09 AM   #4613
kevmeistah21
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzillarb View Post
Take the pipe off and go to a muffler shop. Tell them to take 1" out and reweld. Done.
I was going to do that myself but this downpipe got beat to shit.. So i might as well get a new one.

Old 02-16-2011, 12:26 PM   #4614
BLKTOPSR20DET
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by srstan View Post
So you wanted good suspension but its too much??? How did you "go for some coilovers" then? A solid set of nice coilovers and brakes should be first on your list. Save your money.
i agree an okay set of coilovers its going to cost you 800 dollars minimum and you dont wanna cheap out on your suspension and 250 isnt going to get you far.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:34 PM   #4615
BLKTOPSR20DET
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzillarb View Post
i did this to mine and the exhaust is much higher now.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:39 PM   #4616
Farkel
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
Farkel has a spectacular aura aboutFarkel has a spectacular aura aboutFarkel has a spectacular aura aboutFarkel has a spectacular aura aboutFarkel has a spectacular aura aboutFarkel has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Farkel
When installing a bucket seat into seat rails, a la buddy club, which method of installation proved easier?

A: Install Seat onto seat rails First, then mount into car all at once
B: Install seat rail in car First, then mount seat

It seems like method A would be easier to get the seat tightened up onto the rails, but I heard the rail's mounting holes might not line up that way once in the car?
Old 02-16-2011, 01:23 PM   #4617
BLKTOPSR20DET
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farkel View Post
When installing a bucket seat into seat rails, a la buddy club, which method of installation proved easier?

A: Install Seat onto seat rails First, then mount into car all at once
B: Install seat rail in car First, then mount seat

It seems like method A would be easier to get the seat tightened up onto the rails, but I heard the rail's mounting holes might not line up that way once in the car?
i would mount the rails first and then the seat
Old 02-16-2011, 06:49 PM   #4618
kevmeistah21
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKTOPSR20DET View Post
i would mount the rails first and then the seat

yes mount the rails onto the car, then mount the seat!

Old 02-16-2011, 07:40 PM   #4619
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
Irresistible is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Buddy club rails are shit regardless. I hate mine. They don't sit low enough and they don't slide if my life depended on it. I greased the hell out of them, and got them as straight as possible. But I hate them. [/rant]

To answer your question, it's probably better to mount the rails to the floor first, and then the seat. I had no troubles getting the seat on tight enough. Just use a wrench and ratchet thing, depending on there you can fit with what.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:48 PM   #4620
RedSiBaron
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
RedSiBaron is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
While we are on the topic of seats, my fixed momo buckets are just sitting around taunting me...they use sparco bottom mount sliders, who sells brackets for an s13 for those? I could just fab up my own, but if its cheap enough to buy my way out of the trouble, id prefer that
RedSiBaron is offline   Reply With Quote