Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Old 10-04-2009, 06:50 PM   #1
ZilviaBot
Zilvia.net Bot

Trader Rating: (0)
ZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Post REPORT: Next-gen Nissan GT-R in the works for 2013

10-04-2009 03:07 PM

Filed under: Performance, Nissan

2010 Nissan GT-R - Click above for high-res image gallery

Hot on the heels of reports, brought to you by British car site PistonHeads upon their visit to the Nissan's Ring-side test facility, of updates planned for the current R35-generation Nissan GT-R comes another report detailing the Japanese automaker's plans for the next-generation R36 model.

With competitors lining up to challenge the current GT-R's performance benchmark, Nissan's senior veep for global product planning, Andy Palmer, confirmed that plans are underway to succeed Godzilla with a next-generation model. The R36 will, according to the report, carry over the current model's twin-turbo V6, but with enough modifications to keep it ahead of the pack. The new GT-R is expected to hit the road by 2013 at the latest. Beyond that, Palmer didn't disclose many details, except to say that Nissan is committed to the GT-R program and won't be letting the Porsche 911 GT2 alone without a fight.

Gallery: Review: 2010 Nissan GT-R

Photos copyright (C)2009 Drew Phillips / Weblogs, Inc.

[Source: PistonHeads]REPORT: Next-gen Nissan GT-R in the works for 2013 originally appeared on Autoblog on Sun, 04 Oct 2009 16:07:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

ReadÂ*|Â*PermalinkÂ*|Â*Email thisÂ*|Â*Comments

More...
ZilviaBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2009, 12:51 PM   #2
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Maybe by then I could afford a 2009 GTR
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 04:55 PM   #3
max2damax
Zilvia Junkie

max2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to all
2013 Nissan GT-R Hybrid in the Works

BOOM, If you ask me it looks pretty good.

max2damax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 07:01 PM   #4
Smurf_240SX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
Smurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Smurf_240SX
At least it looks way better than the S16!!
Smurf_240SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 12:47 AM   #5
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Nice concept of a concept
Old 12-23-2009, 07:57 AM   #6
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurf_240SX View Post
At least it looks way better than the S16!!
There is no such thing as an S16. There was not even such thing as an S16 concept. Just renderings by random websites, and magazines. NONE.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:48 AM   #7
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
There is no such thing as an S16. There was not even such thing as an S16 concept. Just renderings by random websites, and magazines. NONE.

Why waste time?
Old 12-23-2009, 09:53 AM   #8
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BiG MiKE86
looks like an eclipse...
Old 12-23-2009, 09:57 AM   #9
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
That rendering makes me wanna go home and do a rendering of something for some more practice.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:58 AM   #10
rb26man
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
rb26man has a spectacular aura aboutrb26man has a spectacular aura aboutrb26man has a spectacular aura aboutrb26man has a spectacular aura aboutrb26man has a spectacular aura aboutrb26man has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rb26man Send a message via Yahoo to rb26man
looks like a rx8 slash eclipse to me

rb26man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 10:13 AM   #11
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

I doubt anyone will actually be able to get close to rendering the next GTR. The current GTR's form (shape of fenders, front fascia, spoiler, roof line, etc etc) were a result of extensive wind tunnel testing more-so then the stroke of someone's pen. That's one of the reasons the GTR is such a marvel. I wouldn't expect Nissan to abandon such a successful technique.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:20 AM   #12
Future240
Future Moderator

I wish they would do something similar if they make the SX.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:23 AM   #13
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by future240 View Post
I wish they would do something similar if they make the SX.
Me too. But I doubt they will put that kind of development into a car priced at $25k.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:37 AM   #14
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
Me too. But I doubt they will put that kind of development into a car priced at $25k.
Not feasibly at all, but can stop a fanboys wish.

Old 12-23-2009, 11:51 AM   #15
mattsauto95
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
mattsauto95 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Meh. I prefer the current body style to the rendering.
mattsauto95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 01:07 PM   #16
jesse5150
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
jesse5150 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
The concept is too much and it loses its roof line(+1 on eclipse look there).... but if they change it drastically I think some more people may be able to afford the R35. But I would still take a R34 over any of them
jesse5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 02:57 PM   #17
treezzy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
treezzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
after the R34 and the S15 nissan has went to shit in looks! 1
treezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 06:40 PM   #18
ryguy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
ryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
That's clearly a rendering using the Infiniti Essence prototype as an inspiration. I hated the Essence, this is okay I guess.

ryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 04:11 PM   #19
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
Quote:
I doubt anyone will actually be able to get close to rendering the next GTR. The current GTR's form (shape of fenders, front fascia, spoiler, roof line, etc etc) were a result of extensive wind tunnel testing more-so then the stroke of someone's pen. That's one of the reasons the GTR is such a marvel. I wouldn't expect Nissan to abandon such a successful technique.
There's always room for improvement. Just look at what ferrari does every time they release a new model, as far as power, economy, and aerodynamics goes.
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 09:07 PM   #20
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by treezzy View Post
after the R34 and the S15 nissan has went to shit in looks! 1
That is a matter of Opinion. Fact is people need to appreciate newer styling.
Are you going to say a G35 looks like shit? You would probably catch a lot of flack for that. G35's look great even though they may be considered a tad large. I bet you would not turn one down if it was offered to you as well.

A lot of people like the 350Z some people that did not like the 350 like the 370. some people see beyond just the exterior of the cars and look at the overall package. Honestly if you asked me what old GTR would I want? GC10? KGC110? R32? I would take any of those before a S15 or a R34. From a looks perspective.

Not saying a R34 looks bad but its no better in the looks department than a R35. In fact it(R34) screams I am taking my Racecar on the street which pretty much makes it possible fanboy material, which you probably are. Though thats ok too.

In other words its really a matter of opinion. You being a 18 year old cannot be expected to have a very well informed opinion of car design unless you are devoted student of it.

Sorry if this bothers or offends you. Its really just a matter of pointing out this stuff, whether you can accept it or not.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 08:31 AM   #21
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexPanda View Post
There's always room for improvement. Just look at what ferrari does every time they release a new model, as far as power, economy, and aerodynamics goes.
I wasn't suggesting there isn't. Just pointing out that I don't think someone doing a rendering will be able to come close to what Nissan will actually come out with because the design will be based on countless hours of wind tunnel testing more so then stroke of a pen.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:21 AM   #22
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
That is a matter of Opinion. Fact is people need to appreciate newer styling.
Are you going to say a G35 looks like shit? You would probably catch a lot of flack for that. G35's look great even though they may be considered a tad large. I bet you would not turn one down if it was offered to you as well.

A lot of people like the 350Z some people that did not like the 350 like the 370. some people see beyond just the exterior of the cars and look at the overall package. Honestly if you asked me what old GTR would I want? GC10? KGC110? R32? I would take any of those before a S15 or a R34. From a looks perspective.

Not saying a R34 looks bad but its no better in the looks department than a R35. In fact it(R34) screams I am taking my Racecar on the street which pretty much makes it possible fanboy material, which you probably are. Though thats ok too.

In other words its really a matter of opinion. You being a 18 year old cannot be expected to have a very well informed opinion of car design unless you are devoted student of it.

Sorry if this bothers or offends you. Its really just a matter of pointing out this stuff, whether you can accept it or not.

I absolutely agree, once you see these cars all the time...the wow factor pretty much goes out the door. After living here for over 3 yrs and seeing them all (all R-chassis from R30-35, S15s), I start realizing there isnt really anything special about these cars. They're just any other sporty cars, theyre not God's gift to car enthusiasts. There is something about every single one them that I dont like after being around them.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 02:20 AM   #23
SkyHighPsi
Leaky Injector

SkyHighPsi is an unknown quantity at this point
they should make a cheaper version taking out all the computers and luxury items, kinda like the lan evo. All of that stuff is heavy anyway.
SkyHighPsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:03 AM   #24
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHighPsi View Post
they should make a cheaper version taking out all the computers and luxury items, kinda like the lan evo. All of that stuff is heavy anyway.
Old 12-30-2009, 08:48 AM   #25
garagelu
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (60)
garagelu is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 60 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
I absolutely agree, once you see these cars all the time...the wow factor pretty much goes out the door. After living here for over 3 yrs and seeing them all (all R-chassis from R30-35, S15s), I start realizing there isnt really anything special about these cars. They're just any other sporty cars, theyre not God's gift to car enthusiasts. There is something about every single one them that I dont like after being around them.
well we don't have that luxury over here so you are basically speaking for yourself. I think 90-95 percent of the people on this forums would shit themselves if they saw some of the cars in Japan. So quit braggin....lol.
garagelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:01 AM   #26
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHighPsi View Post
yeah fuck computers
Old 01-07-2010, 05:44 PM   #27
mysync

mysync is an unknown quantity at this point
iono im skeptical, especially if theirs going to be an infiniti version
mysync is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:27 PM   #28
alfredohmg

alfredohmg is an unknown quantity at this point
looks clean
alfredohmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:06 PM   #29
RB24_S14
Zilvia Junkie

RB24_S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
I liked the way this gen GTR looks like. I dont like the way they designed the 2013. But there was 2 prototypes of this GTR. You never know what Nissan will come up with next.