Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 12-16-2008, 09:18 AM   #1
CleanS14
it's NOT a show car!!

Trader Rating: (7)
CleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Kinda interested in how this car turns out... reminds me a little of my s14 build.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:20 AM   #2
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanS14 View Post
Kinda interested in how this car turns out... reminds me a little of my s14 build.
But i'm not building a show car ...

j/k

thx

your car is fiya, hot fiya!
Old 12-16-2008, 09:48 AM   #3
CleanS14
it's NOT a show car!!

Trader Rating: (7)
CleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
But i'm not building a show car ...

j/k

thx

your car is fiya, hot fiya!
I sure hope not... you'd be wasting a whole lot of time and money.

Thanks I miss the car a lot...

Old 12-16-2008, 10:54 AM   #4
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
damn you people and your life shifting priorities. =(
Old 12-16-2008, 11:21 AM   #5
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
I ove what u did with the wiring i wish I had time to do that to my harness keep up the good work
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 12:49 PM   #6
Om1kron
Post Whore!

made a trip to city tire today, yay!

Old 12-17-2008, 03:23 PM   #7
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Trader Rating: (10)
NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
Jack is a fatty!!
Old 12-17-2008, 03:28 PM   #8
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemeGuero View Post
Jack is a fatty!!

Old 12-17-2008, 01:13 AM   #9
Devil Man
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Devil Man is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i need wiring skills so i can move all the stupid crap in my s13's engine bay to somewere hidden so they wont rub in my fender well's... sigh. looks like a nice build though i just dont fully understand the relocation of the wiring.
Devil Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 08:22 AM   #10
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Man View Post
i need wiring skills so i can move all the stupid crap in my s13's engine bay to somewere hidden so they wont rub in my fender well's... sigh. looks like a nice build though i just dont fully understand the relocation of the wiring.
well 3 things...

1. fender tubs
2. relocation of the ps-resevior
3. v-mount

any questions class?
Old 12-17-2008, 12:57 PM   #11
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Oh snap!

Nexans? lol.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 12:59 PM   #12
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Oh snap!

Nexans? lol.

yeah... old tires, no point in throwing them away... car locks them up with minimal pressure. I'm going to save for some fancy advans or something =(
Old 12-17-2008, 01:06 PM   #13
vaughn4
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
vaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i love that red!!!!! i wish they still had polished lips though.! what size tires?

all you need is a fender puller, some zip ties, and a blog.
vaughn4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 01:09 PM   #14
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughn4 View Post
i love that red!!!!! i wish they still had polished lips though.! what size tires?
candy apple red.

- Volk GT-U Wheels
- (front)17x9 +9 wrapped in 235/40/17
- (rear)18x10+13 wrapped in 265/35/18

I think I may get bigger tires up front, not a big fan of these nexens, just nobody had the sizes of tires i needed when I was going to get tires.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:27 PM   #15
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Jack is actually at City Tire?

You know, I'm literally a block away from them.

You could have called and asked me to join in the pointing and laughing of Jack and his fattyness.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 03:29 PM   #16
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
Jack is actually at City Tire?

You know, I'm literally a block away from them.

You could have called and asked me to join in the pointing and laughing of Jack and his fattyness.

he was there for me! <3
Old 12-17-2008, 06:57 PM   #17
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Coincidentally, I stopped by there after seeing this thread (and your pics).

Jack said he did not give expressed written consent for the use of his image/likeness, which is his personal trademark. Any monetary proceeds his likeness generates for you (meaning any money you get after posting this thread) is owed, in full, to him.

Actually, he was like, "oh he took pics? And posted em that fast? And I'm in em?? I didn't tell him to take pictures of me." lolz.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 07:00 PM   #18
Om1kron
Post Whore!

lol sounds like him, when I walked in I called him Jason or some shit. I was going to say azn-then tried to stop myself and say jack. and ended up with jasonjack!
Old 12-17-2008, 07:15 PM   #19
OTG Vinyl
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
OTG Vinyl is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You forgot pictures of them installed!

OTG Vinyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 07:20 PM   #20
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTG Vinyl View Post
You forgot pictures of them installed!
I'll go home and throw them on my non running 3 tone colored car for the gay? no i'll wait until the formula lug nuts come in and the volk low disk center caps.

Volk doesn't have the low caps in stock and I don't want to wait for them so I just paid for someone to ship them to me off of ebay who had them =(

vexmotorsports ebay auction has the formula lug nuts for 265 buy it now, doesn't include shipping. Dunno about that bullshit ass price since sr20store/optionimport has them for 220. Dunno why everyone including our vendors are pumping them out for 250 and 260+

=(

and they have the black one's in stock (vex) which nobody even has listed, which makes me an angry wayne.. RAAAAWR! ANGRY!!!
Old 12-17-2008, 08:24 PM   #21
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
I see inspiration in this build
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 12:18 AM   #22
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
I gotta admit, the wheels are growing on me.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:54 AM   #23
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Tip of the day... de-pinning the grey orange connectors... they have an orange retainer clip that holds the pin on one side, this needs to be lifted, while it's lifted you take your micro flat head or (safety pin) and the retainer flap should be right at the opening, just like shoveling.

ease it in, lift, pull wire, bam it takes a few tries but once you get it down it's butta!

grouping the wires really tight and binding it in sections where it should wrap through the engine. This sequence of wires should all slide through the intake manifold for the tps sensor, and whatever was next to it again (lol it's late) and the cam angle sensor plug that goes across the front of the engine. I wanted to mount it around the hot side of the engine but it was too much work and really nowhere to hide it. =(

another angle.

just visually feeling it out.

another angle... the whole harness is pretty much single snake sections like this... the fucking ground wires are getting on my last nerves though since I cant really "de-pin" them and they're all jointed so it's like unbraiding hair maneuvering wires through them. After I finish this up I'll do a final test fit and pull the excess through back into the engine bay by the firewall.

I'll then take measurements to share in case anyone else is crazy enough to do this in the future.

Then I work on the inside, labeling every wire, numbering it and then de-pinning them from each plug that they go to and untangling them, shortening as necessary and then re-pinning them. In the meantime I need to take measurements for my battery set up and also test to make sure this all works. Once that is said and done I will begin the fuse box relocation. For now it can stay in the engine bay.

Since I need to get started on the body work, I wont have time to take on the electrical projects so at least I'll have time to plan it out.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:15 AM   #24
vaughn4
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
vaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
good work, but you forgot someting... pictures of the wheels on. !!!!

all you need is a fender puller, some zip ties, and a blog.
vaughn4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 08:06 AM   #25
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Pictures?

Of wheels?

ON?
Old 12-18-2008, 08:08 AM   #26
Om1kron
Post Whore!

waiting for my 2 piece lugnuts to arrive, I don't want to put my old lug nuts in the barrels... Nor do I want to deal with wrapping my tools with something to protect the mags.

Patience guys! lol
Old 12-18-2008, 08:16 AM   #27
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Soo.........
Old 12-18-2008, 08:17 AM   #28
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Wheels?

On car pics?
Old 12-18-2008, 08:21 AM   #29
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Haha.

Fucking Evan...

I do love the color.

I personally wouldn't have painted them this color, but i'll be damned if that doesn't look good.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 08:35 AM   #30
Om1kron
Post Whore!

I think you would've sold 5 cars these would've been made for before you got around to ordering center caps and lug nuts johnny! lol

anyway who can tell me what hood this is... I want one instead of dmax, otherwise it's a poor dmax hood I am going to bastardize and paint.

and it's already in identify this!