Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

View Poll Results: Please list the price range you are comfortable with...
$300-350 for all 3 days with track time 44 23.40%
$250-300 32 17.02%
$200-250 55 29.26%
$150-200 (no track time with this option) 18 9.57%
I wont be attending the track event keep it to $100 for me 39 20.74%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-12-2009, 02:50 AM   #1
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

Trader Rating: (4)
S13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
2010 Convention Poll

Ok, a few questions to all of you planning on attending the '10 convention. It will have been 8 long years since the last '02 convention...which Alex did a phenomenal job of putting together. This upcoming year we want to allow people a chance to plan ahead and save their cash to come to the event. With the economy the way it is right now, Sam, Kevin and I would like to ask your opinion on the tickets.

The '02 convention was 3 days.

1-SpeedZone, meet and greet/lunch/fun on the tracks
2-Nissan HQ raffle and basically 'show'
3-Track event at Willow

The tickets were available for all 3 days if desired, or you could cut out the track day to make it a bit cheaper.

This is the pricing that the '02 convention had:

Quote:
Convention package:

Before May 31st:
$165 if paying by check/money order
$170 if paying by Paypal/credit card payment (to cover the 3% fee that Paypal charges)
After May 31st:
$180

Speedzone:
$30/person if paid by June 15th
$40/person if paid after June 15th

· Price includes all-you-can-eat pizza/lasagna dinner, $23 game credit (towards arcade games or grand prix tracks), and one round of minigolf.

Saturday convention:
$25/person if paid by May 31st
$30/person if paid after May 31st

· Price of convention registration includes one convention t-shirt, one raffle ticket, official convention souvenir program, convention lanyard and nametag, and catered lunch.
· Additional raffle tickets can be purchased for $2 each at the event.
· T-Shirts are $12 each, lanyards are $3 each if purchased separately.
· Additional meal tickets are available at $10 each, on a first come first serve basis.

Sunday Track Event:
$110/person if paid by May 31st
$120/person if paid by June 30th
· Price of track event is for one day of hot-lapping at Streets of Willow on Sunday July 28th, 2002. *This price is PER DRIVER, not per vehicle. *
· A 50% deposit must be paid by May 31st in order to secure your spot for the track event. *This deposit is non-refundable.
· Regular track admission rate is $120/person.

This upcoming convention, we would like to know if you all would rather go the cheaper route (especially since a lot of you will be driving from long distances) and not have as many frills...or would you like to keep it in the "all the bells and whistles" tradition that Alex set up?

Obviously, there will be T-shirts, name tags, stickers, raffle ticket ect with the ticket purchase price...but What we want is an honest feed back about how much you would all be willing to pay.

If you want it cheaper and less extravagant then we can work that...or if you want bigger and better...we need to know.

Thanks for taking our poll!

Here is the link to the 2002 convention thread

My Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTCSuperstar
I surf Zilvia naked in my home...
S13SilviaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2009, 03:22 AM   #2
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
do you have an approx date, say the month or season in 2010 for this event?
is there any way you can join if you just do the track event?

with the track event, it would be appreciated if you can give more details.
how many run groups, how many cars per run group, how many runs can each run grp expect to get, availability of instructors, timing eqipment, rules, etc.
I know it might sound tedious, but the organization & safety of such events are important.

With Speedzone, is it correct to assume this is a Friday event?
Is it in the evening or all-day?
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:28 AM   #3
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

S13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfection
Ron,

If you wish to just do the track date that can be a possibility. That is not finalized yet as there is no way to set a reservation for '10 quite yet.

As for dates, we are looking at spring break of 2010. This will avoid a lot of heat that good ol Cali has in the summer time.

The track day will most probably be a road course. It would suck to have someone from FL show up, drift, crash, and then not be able to get their car home.

My Review Thread

Quote:
Old 03-12-2009, 03:31 AM   #4
SlideWell
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
SlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S13SilviaGirl View Post
Ron,

If you wish to just do the track date that can be a possibility. That is not finalized yet as there is no way to set a reservation for '10 quite yet.

As for dates, we are looking at spring break of 2010. This will avoid a lot of heat that good ol Cali has in the summer time.

The track day will most probably be a road course. It would suck to have someone from FL show up, drift, crash, and then not be able to get their car home.
you mean someone like me? lol, ill be living in Florida by then. with that said, should i make it, i wont track it. i must have totally missed where this convention is being held if its been decided.
SlideWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:44 AM   #5
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Quote:
Ron,

Thanks for the info!
Yes, spring break would be a good time i agree.

When you say the track even will probably be a road course,
do you mean this will be a grip event? (as opposed to drift).
Also, when you said Willow, I am assuming this is Willow Springs (in Rosamond, CA) and not Button-willow correct?
If it's Willow Springs, do you plan to do the big track, or 'Streets of Willow', or Horse-thief Mile?

Thank you for your assistance!
Old 03-12-2009, 03:54 AM   #6
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlideWell View Post
you mean someone like me? lol, ill be living in Florida by then. with that said, should i make it, i wont track it. i must have totally missed where this convention is being held if its been decided.
Speedzone is in City of Industry, CA close to Los Angeles.
17871 Castleton Street
City of Industry, CA 91748
Speed Zone

As far as Nissan HQ,
I was under the impression their main US hq moved from Gardena to some town TN in '05 or '06.
Maybe there is another facility operated by Nissan in socal somewhere.

Willow Springs track is in Rosamond. It's approx 2 hrs north-east of los angeles.
3500 75th Street West
Rosamond, CA 93560
::::Willow Springs Raceway::::
Old 03-12-2009, 04:07 AM   #7
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

Yes, Nissan HQ moved.....The current venue is tentatively decided but not released for sure yet.

And yes, grip driving...not drifting. Willow Springs is the track we are planning on using as of right now...and more than likely "streets of willow" for the track.

My Review Thread

Quote:
Old 03-12-2009, 10:25 AM   #8
ZilviaKid
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
ZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ill probably be spending a few hundred in gas anyway. track day here we come!
Old 03-12-2009, 07:57 PM   #9
pinkarrowsnow
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
pinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
ughh why is this across the country
pinkarrowsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:19 PM   #10
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkarrowsnow View Post
It is in Cali for a few reasons..

#1) The organizers are here
#2) The business support is here
#3) The tracks are here
#4) It is easier to set up contact and get things organized from here for here, than from here for say....FL

My Review Thread

Quote:
Old 03-12-2009, 09:41 PM   #11
let5l1de
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (30)
let5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Send a message via AIM to let5l1de Send a message via Yahoo to let5l1de
250 - 300 for me.

Although this will be nothing short of an epic event, times are tough right now with and the possibility of getting laid off from my job of 9 years... TOMORROW.

No excuse, I will make this event regardless.
let5l1de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:12 PM   #12
SilviaNOW
Leaky Injector

SilviaNOW has a spectacular aura aboutSilviaNOW has a spectacular aura aboutSilviaNOW has a spectacular aura aboutSilviaNOW has a spectacular aura aboutSilviaNOW has a spectacular aura aboutSilviaNOW has a spectacular aura about
i would be willing to spend 300$, im not sure if im going to be doing the track day tho since im driving all the way down from calgary or saskatoon (this is canada) because i need this to get me back home.
however i would like this to have alot of stuff going on.

Maybe get Dorkidori to design the shirts? lennon does amazing shirts.
Maybe even a sweet sticker for the 2010 convention?
SilviaNOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:23 PM   #13
Fonix36
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (34)
Fonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Fonix36 Send a message via Yahoo to Fonix36
i voted for the 250 then i read that it wasn't a drift event so count me out on the track.

DRiFT 4 A Cure!
Fonix36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:34 PM   #14
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonix36 View Post
i voted for the 250 then i read that it wasn't a drift event so count me out on the track.
Well,

The reason we are leaning away from a drift event is to prevent accidents for people that have a long drive. The possibility of a drift event is doable, but, there would need to be waivers signed and such. We are just trying to look out for the people making a long drive, and keeping them from being screwed should an accident on the track occur.

My Review Thread

Quote:
Old 03-12-2009, 11:20 PM   #15
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
I'm cool with 350. I figure that since this wont be a for profit thing, the more I give the more I could get in return.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:21 PM   #16
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Well,

The reason we are leaning away from a drift event is to prevent accidents for people that have a long drive. The possibility of a drift event is doable, but, there would need to be waivers signed and such. We are just trying to look out for the people making a long drive, and keeping them from being screwed should an accident on the track occur.
why not have different sessions? that way some people can participate in the drift part of the event, and others can compete in the grip session.

or maybe people can compete in both (extra wheels, adjust their setup) and have fun with both sessions!
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 03:54 AM   #17
s13dan
Zilvia FREAK!

s13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enough
Anybody in my position has to consider the trip home. I can afford to break something out there. But i would love to race, its a tough choice...
89 240sx hatch #933-the hot rod
91 240sx coupe #131,603-the daily
s13dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 01:59 AM   #18
Fonix36
Nissanaholic!

Fonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really nice
^^ trip home lol your not going to want to leave this amazing city

DRiFT 4 A Cure!
Old 03-14-2009, 02:23 AM   #19
DataXUnknown
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (30)
DataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
I think the half drift/half grip idea is great for the track portion. With SRT Trackdays, what we did was run a drift group for a certain amount of time, and have the grip group lined up ready to go, and send them on their way for a set time and rotate. Eventually it ended up with "go do whatever you want", but I mean if there is a lot of people and it is well organized, I think it would be perfect. I wouldn't mind paying $300-$350, as long as it lives up to it's price and hopefully be able to drift at the track. Sorry but I really don't like hot lapping when there are cars with a huge variety of different HP ratings and such. Makes me feel embarrased.

On a side note***

*** I lost $48 on the game "stacker" at speedzone. Don't even play that game. With groups of people around, it encourages you to play more because everyone cheers you on, even though it's easy as hell to get to the last block.
DataXUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 04:28 PM   #20
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
150-200 for me seeing as I don't own a 240 or know how to drift. So yea a track fee wouldn't work for me.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 06:05 PM   #21
sleepy180
Leaky Injector

sleepy180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkarrowsnow View Post
It's not, it's about 5 minutes from my apartment. Rowland heights FTW!

But i won't be going, unless it's free of course.
sleepy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 07:36 PM   #22
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Personally, I'm completely against drifting except from people who can be readily towed home (IE bringing their own trailers / having AAA and living within a couple hundred miles). I don't want to see someone from FL or TX come out. smash their car and be unable to get home.

As it is, I'm probably going to see if I can find a couple of spare KA's in case someone blows theirs up on the track.
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:54 PM   #23
Fonix36
Nissanaholic!

^^^ thats really nice of you. in that case why not just let the socal guys go at it on the drift track.

DRiFT 4 A Cure!
Old 03-15-2009, 12:56 AM   #24
autobahNESSA
Zilvia FREAK!

autobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to autobahNESSA
I'll at least be going to the track event, regardless! Personally, I'd much rather do a road course
Old 03-15-2009, 10:41 AM   #25
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles View Post
Personally, I'm completely against drifting except from people who can be readily towed home (IE bringing their own trailers / having AAA and living within a couple hundred miles). I don't want to see someone from FL or TX come out. smash their car and be unable to get home.

As it is, I'm probably going to see if I can find a couple of spare KA's in case someone blows theirs up on the track.
Have a couple of spare 240's?

That is really nice of you though for you to try and get some spare KA's. I look forward to meeting you in person.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:18 PM   #26
jspecusa
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (7)
jspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jspecusa
ya he's got alot of spare 240.
oh and alot of spare parts including front and rear suspension arms etc..

here's the truth about drifting.
the socal track owners don't like drifters so only a few will allow drifting,
the tracks that allow drifting are usually small so not really fun for time attack.
depend on the sponsors and budget, there are possibility of doing both, but I'm sure it'll be 2 different track.
Old 03-15-2009, 12:27 PM   #27
jspecusa
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (7)
jspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jspecusa
for the out of state guys:
don't think of it as a negative experience.
ever watch national lampoon where they take a road trip across america and
experience different things on the way here?
think of it as a experience of a life time.
there will be regional contact available as soon as possible and people can contact
them to arrange travel and caravan arrangements.
for example, people from Florida can meet somewhere early drive to Texas meet up
with the Texas group, stay a day or two, party, hang out with them then travel together to the next stop(AZ, NM, or maybe vegas group).
what I'm trying to say is it'll be a fun if you know how to arrange it.
as for you guys driving on the track I sugget you share cost for a truck and trailer with fellow locals and if one of you break down atleast you can get the car home.
another way is to pre-arrange with a local shop here to have things fix if things do happen.
anyone got better ideas feel free to add, please be positive
Old 03-16-2009, 12:00 AM   #28
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Take note - by saying that I plan on getting some engines doesn't mean that people should be careless and expect me to save their asses.
That said, I'm more than willing to help a fellow 240 nerd in need.
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:29 AM   #29
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles View Post
why not? think about how nice it will be when everyone starts lowballing the guy on-scene for parts!

"hey bro, sorry to hear you fucked your car up... how about 20 bucks for your brembos dogg"
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 04:39 PM   #30
INeedNewTires
Zilvia FREAK!

INeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond repute
300 for me including track time.... CANT WAIT! i'll be driving my happy ass from Texas... Glad i kept A/C, Whew!