Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 11-10-2022, 03:45 PM   #1
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
today is good. tuesday was stressful. election days always stress me out. (not looking to derail this thread, any political responses should go in the politics thread).

overall i'm overwhelmed with projects. My M45 got sideswiped on the freeway a few weeks back. Insurance cut me an ok check for it, so of course i decided instead of doing the quick and easy thing and just buy another one in good shape, i'd buy a y34 shell from a local salvage yard for $400 and reshell. I'm prob the only person dumb enough to try this task, but its just an unexpected project, on top of a ton of other projects that i'm extremely far behind on.

frustrating.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2022, 09:14 AM   #2
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
In the few years i've been house hunting, i've only went and looked at one house and immediately said no.
I also choose not to increase my budget by 16% as that seems foolish, however, being too conservative with my money arguably got me into this position.
I suggest spending more time looking at houses in person. Find a realtor who is understanding of that and let them know beforehand. Pictures look great and 99% of the time houses look worse in person. I'm not saying that to dissuade you from looking at houses. You absolutely NEED to look in person to then be able to determine whats the norm for the area you want to live in in terms of features, noise levels, how to spot a good/shitty neighbor. As you look at more houses you will be able to pick up on details you wouldn't get just from looking at an online listing. I 've gone to probably close to 100 houses in 4 years. I did buy a cheap mountain house as a fixer upper rental from some crackheads ( no joke, found the paraphernalia). I'm still hunting for a main residence to move out of my moms house.

Don't stress too much about it. This is the time to squirrel away as much cash as you can. You will be better for it I promise. Hindsight is 20/20. No one can predict the future. I'd have bought a house in 2019 for 100k ( today it's worth 385k) but obviously my crystal ball wasn't working. The pandemic and it's effects are out of your control. The only thing you can do is make wise decisions based on what works for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
today is good. tuesday was stressful. election days always stress me out. (not looking to derail this thread, any political responses should go in the politics thread).

overall i'm overwhelmed with projects.
My M45 got sideswiped on the freeway a few weeks back. i'd buy a y34 shell from a local salvage yard for $400 and reshell. I'm prob the only person dumb enough to try this task, but its just an unexpected project, on top of a ton of other projects that i'm extremely far behind on.

frustrating.
Yeah I always stress on that because I don't know if I'm making the right choice or not. I genuinely want this country to be in good shape and it always seems like the choices for candidates equate to picking whether you want your left knee or right knee to get hit with an aluminum baseball bat.

Me too. I have too many cars. All projects, literal shitbox army. I'm having a friend look at another car for me 4 states away. It's probably a shitbox. Then I have the investment property that I have to fix. I have my main day job and a weekend job at my dads shop. It happens.

My buddy had an 89 crx hf that he was dailying. He rear ended someone and it was totaled. He bought a $400 shell from someone and reshelled it in a weekend. I think the only new parts were a radiator and a headlight. I'm not sure if he was on drugs or what but he got it done. Red crx crash was wednesday. Bought the shell friday after work. Monday morning rolled in with his white crx.

Meanwhile my S14 has been in the garage for 10 years, literally.
Don't beat yourself up over it. Do what you gotta do. More importantly do what you can do in a timeframe that works for you.
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 09:28 AM   #3
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
Yeah I always stress on that because I don't know if I'm making the right choice or not. I genuinely want this country to be in good shape and it always seems like the choices for candidates equate to picking whether you want your left knee or right knee to get hit with an aluminum baseball bat.

My buddy had an 89 crx hf that he was dailying. He rear ended someone and it was totaled. He bought a $400 shell from someone and reshelled it in a weekend. I think the only new parts were a radiator and a headlight. I'm not sure if he was on drugs or what but he got it done. Red crx crash was wednesday. Bought the shell friday after work. Monday morning rolled in with his white crx.

Meanwhile my S14 has been in the garage for 10 years, literally.
Don't beat yourself up over it. Do what you gotta do. More importantly do what you can do in a timeframe that works for you.
it sucks especially in cases like Sinema where they campaign on one thing and then literally about face. This should be punishable by tar and feathering and then barred from any public office.

i need some of your friends drugs!!! tell him to hook me up!!!
theres so much little shit i want to go through and do, while reshelling. Little improvements like reinforcing areas of the LCA mount where its weak AF, finally installing a z33 2way, etc. Time consuming stuff.

Oh lawd my s13 has been on jack stands since 2014. D E P R E S S I N G.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote