Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-05-2014, 03:09 PM   #1
hoonigan_s13

Trader Rating: (0)
hoonigan_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy Need advice please!

Sooo, I recently pulled my single cam and bought a twin cam motorset from a legit shop. The motor was pulIed from a running car. The shop said the costumer went ls1 so he used the twin cam as credit towards the ls1. So thats why the shop was selling the twin cam. I payed 700 for the motor and transmission, with 2 ecu's, short shifter and complete engine harness. So we swapped it on and finished up. We took our time prepping the motor and cleaning everything. Once we finally finished the car look good. I ran the car a bit on a chopped exhaust and it was idling funny. Its misfiring , and I believe is cos I used the single cam ignition coil. Cos I'm pretty sure we set the timing on engine and dizzy correct. Now the car has a 3" complete straight pipe. And it pulls decently. But its still misfiring and idling funny. The rpm goes up and then very low and it just keeps doing it. Anyways we ran the compression test and we got 110, 89, 115, 110 . Pretty low :/ for a motor I thought was gonna be legit.

Any advice on idling problem and misfire? I ordered the coil for the engine. But besides that should I check or do anything else?

And since compression is low should I save up and rebuild ASAP? Or part out and save up to go Sr20?

If i rebuild I'm gonna rebuild for turbo.

Need advice pleaaase help!!
hoonigan_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2014, 03:40 PM   #2
Hashiriya415
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
Hashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
That engine is very unhealthy if the compression really is that. Forget about checking everything else. Engine is done for.
And why would you put a 3 inch straight pipe on stock KA? Sounds retarded loud, not good or nice exhaust, just stupid loud weak boring engine.
Hashiriya415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 03:45 PM   #3
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
That compression, especially the 89 is really shitty. Generally if psi is within 10lbs of each other you should be ok but cylinder 2 must be kind of fucky.

Toss dat shit.
Old 09-05-2014, 04:59 PM   #4
silviasandbeer
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
silviasandbeer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
before you toss that motor

check the fine print on the reciept you should have got when you bought it

is there a warranty? did he guarantee a PROPERLY running motor? id get my money back if i could
if not... than its up to you whether or not you wanna go SR or rebuild it for a turbo set up
as they are both cost aabout the same in the end... well ka-t might be a little cheaper

get a daily thats reliable in the mean time if you dont already have one
best of luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
I'm not kingtalon crazy, but I have standards
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
What age is appropriate to give your kids the sex talk? Is 3 too soon?
silviasandbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 06:29 PM   #5
hoonigan_s13

Thanks for the advice guys. And yeah I'm pretty disappointed with the motor. Specially cos I bought it to make the car more reliable since my single cam had given me problems before. I did it cos I was gonna start school and be using my car a lot so I wanted a stronger motor. And well I did want something I build up and boost later. And the straight pipe actually is not that loud as many said it would be. It rumbles really nice actually. I'm gonna call the shop and see what happens. This sucks man ):
Old 09-06-2014, 11:14 AM   #6
93 240sx vh45 vert

93 240sx vh45 vert is an unknown quantity at this point
If I was you I wouldn't call it quits check your injectors I had a bad idle on my stock ka when I got it changed a bunch of thing sparks plugs, wires, rotary button n cap etc ended up being clogged injector. If I was you I would just v8 swap lol
93 240sx vh45 vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 11:41 AM   #7
hoonigan_s13

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93 240sx vh45 vert View Post
If I was you I wouldn't call it quits check your injectors I had a bad idle on my stock ka when I got it changed a bunch of thing sparks plugs, wires, rotary button n cap etc ended up being clogged injector. If I was you I would just v8 swap lol
Yeah I don't wanna give up on it. Im gonna do everything possible to fix it. You know what I think it might be one of my injectors. As the car was on I unplugged each injector one by one and 1-3 when unplugged the car wanted to die out but when I unplugged #4 it stayed the same. Either that injector is out or is clogged lol

Haha I wish I had a v8 under my hood, specially a vh45
Old 09-06-2014, 11:44 AM   #8
hoonigan_s13

So I called the shop and talked to the owner and as far as a refund goes its out of the picture. But he did say he will help me out by guiding me on what to do about the car. And I think he might help me with parts. He can get performance parts so ima see if he can hook it up.