Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-18-2014, 12:16 AM   #1
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
s13 240SX Convertible Folding Top Logic Relay Info

Well, my convertible top wasn't functioning. Relay finally called it quits and I was stuck with my top down. Didn't want to manually force it closed (even with releasing the pressure on the pump) for fear of fucking something else up. Mostly laziness though.

Searched for anything that could possibly help and came up short. Nissan had it listed as a discontinued part as well. No one had info on how to fix it nor where to buy it. I based all my searching on the part number listed on the relay itself and nothing would cross reference. Shit out of lucked unless you found a used one it seemed, but I didn't want to buy used since I could simply be in the same situation without knowing first hand it worked.

Luckily 5280VertDET researched something I had decided wasn't worth checking into in a thread on NICO. Someone had mentioned that the relay looked similar to a relay on a Saturn. Never looked into this myself as there was no confirmation on this part, plus the fact that the relay wasn't the actual problem to begin with. Apparently the fine folks at ASC (American Specialty Cars), who did the "impeccable" job at converting the USDM S13 Coupes to convertibles, used a pretty common relay in the domestic world to control our tops.

Typically used as a power door lock relay this little bastard can be bought from most auto part stores and even your local GM dealer's parts shop.

Click on the link below for a list of part numbers.

Auto Zone part number: 19884
O'Reily part number: R3069

My thanks to 5280VertDET again. Great guy there. Even offered to send him beer money as a thank you and he wouldn't take it (Still up for grabs like I told you).

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=943142

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD

Last edited by DreamN; 08-18-2014 at 02:49 AM..
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2014, 08:14 AM   #2
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamN View Post
My thanks to 5280VertDET again. Great guy there. Even offered to send him beer money as a thank you and he wouldn't take it (Still up for grabs like I told you).
Oh, you...

Just glad this information is, hopefully, more available. Vert owners gotta keep information like this out there for the others!
Old 08-18-2014, 09:10 PM   #3
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Easier solution than replacing the relay is selling the convertible and buying a hardtop coupe.

Surprised no one has imported a Silvia convertible made by Autech, way better qualiteh, and manufactured in 1988. Fed legal now.
Old 08-24-2014, 11:08 PM   #4
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
Easier solution than replacing the relay is selling the convertible and buying a hardtop coupe.

Surprised no one has imported a Silvia convertible made by Autech, way better qualiteh, and manufactured in 1988. Fed legal now.
Damn, awesome thinking. I can't believe I didn't think of that solution myself. Already have a coupe by the way.

Silvia Convertible are rare and expensive. Cheapest I've seen would run around $12k to import (including fees), but still not CA legal.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 09:40 PM   #5
ATLspeed
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
ATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Thank you for posting this as I will add this to my archive for the "just in case". But for $20 I'll get one and leave it stashed.