Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-17-2014, 08:52 AM   #1
HORShi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
HORShi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Window Tint thread

I figure to make this thread to help people to decide whether to tint their S-chassis and what % of tint people want to go on their s-chassis if they do tint. Since there is not a thread that I have found on Zilvia and the search function keeps crapping out on me, this will take care many people's questions regarding tint. Window tint is good for blocking out the intense heat, security and privacy. It also can greatly enhance your car looks.

If your tinted, post your tint %'s...thank you

Sorry for the bad pic...but

5% Fronts & Rear
5% Window strip
Old 07-17-2014, 08:56 AM   #2
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
window tint is a uv resistant film that is applied to the interior of a vehicles windows
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:03 AM   #3
STL240SXDRIFT
Zilvia Junkie

STL240SXDRIFT is an unknown quantity at this point
I think a light tint % looks good, having limo black on the back windows and lighter tint on the front looks like crap.

Plus colored tint always looks like crap unless you are this guy

STL240SXDRIFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:06 AM   #4
STL240SXDRIFT
Zilvia Junkie

STL240SXDRIFT is an unknown quantity at this point
...or this guy

STL240SXDRIFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:36 AM   #5
HORShi
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL240SXDRIFT View Post
I think a light tint % looks good, having limo black on the back windows and lighter tint on the front looks like crap.
IMO I think for the S-Chassis the all around look does definitely look cleaner and uniform when you have the same tint % all around. Some places (like here in Ohio) has ridiculous tint laws, (Any on rear, 50% max on front) Which ultimately causes the darker on back windows and lighter front in a lot of cases. But typically, a few cops have told me, as long as they can see through, flash their high beams or point a flash light and it cuts through the tint, you will receive no hassle most of the time, even if they pull you over for something else, unless you talk yourself into one lol. Limo tint though...is another story.

Jimmy Mendoza's car is located in Guam, so the reason for dark tint is justifiable. I believe his is 15% tint all around and it looks insanely dark but clean.

Old 07-17-2014, 10:17 AM   #6
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
KiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to KiDyNomiTe
I have 20% tint on all but front.

Old 07-17-2014, 11:06 AM   #7
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
dark tint sucks
Old 07-17-2014, 11:24 AM   #8
HORShi
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiDyNomiTe View Post
I have 20% tint on all but front.

Your car looks amazing. Does the dark tint obstruct your view or anything while drifting?
Old 07-17-2014, 11:52 AM   #9
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
Mike I tinted my headlights now I cant see at night what should I do now.
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 02:33 PM   #10
DS DockSide55
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
DS DockSide55 is a jewel in the roughDS DockSide55 is a jewel in the roughDS DockSide55 is a jewel in the roughDS DockSide55 is a jewel in the roughDS DockSide55 is a jewel in the roughDS DockSide55 is a jewel in the roughDS DockSide55 is a jewel in the roughDS DockSide55 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Mine has 5%(180). My brother has 15%(silvia). Both have all but front. Been debating whether I should tint my front or not. I'd probably use somewhere between 15-25% though.

Old 07-17-2014, 02:38 PM   #11
WristWork
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
WristWork is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Dark tint fits that 180 so well, I bet your windshield looks like its tinted because of how dark it is inside

WristWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 02:49 PM   #12
HORShi
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS DockSide55 View Post
Mine has 5%(180). My brother has 15%(silvia). Both have all but front. Been debating whether I should tint my front or not. I'd probably use somewhere between 15-25% though.
How's the visibility with 5% at night? Especially while drifting? That's dark as hell.
Old 07-17-2014, 03:01 PM   #13
DS DockSide55
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
DS DockSide55 is a jewel in the roughDS DockSide55 is a jewel in the roughDS DockSide55 is a jewel in the roughDS DockSide55 is a jewel in the roughDS DockSide55 is a jewel in the roughDS DockSide55 is a jewel in the roughDS DockSide55 is a jewel in the roughDS DockSide55 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Yea, you can't see dick. Headlights is about it.
Old 07-17-2014, 03:29 PM   #14
DrftKingIII
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
DrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
DS, If you have 15 on the sides, I'd recommend 35 or 40% on your windshield. I've got 20% on my car with 35% on the windshield and you can't see in at all. Visibility is great at night and cuts down oncoming head light glare and I never wear sunglasses in my car anymore.
Old 07-17-2014, 03:57 PM   #15
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshark123 View Post
Mike I tinted my headlights now I cant see at night what should I do now.
haha

you, my friend, are funny
Old 07-17-2014, 06:06 PM   #16
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
I have 5% on my car, but that was installed years ago, when I was dumb. You can't see shit out at night with your windows up or out the back. Once the car is back on the road, it'll receive 15-20% all around.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:15 PM   #17
HORShi
Zilvia Member

I have no tint on the front and I believe its 5% on the rears (I bought the car like this, this when I first got it)

its aggrivating me with no tint on the front. I think I may do 15% all around which I think would be a good compromise. Especially with black interior and soon to be black paint.
Old 07-18-2014, 01:27 PM   #18
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
KiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to KiDyNomiTe
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORShi View Post
Your car looks amazing. Does the dark tint obstruct your view or anything while drifting?
90% of the time I am drifting the windows are down. But in terms of just driving around at night, you can see just fine. Backing up sucks, but largely in part because I do not have reverse lights hooked up.
Old 07-19-2014, 09:14 AM   #19
Grimace
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
Grimace is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Grimace
2.5% on everything but the front windshield. They pretty much don't care about tint here.
Grimace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 03:38 PM   #20
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrftKingIII View Post
DS, If you have 15 on the sides, I'd recommend 35 or 40% on your windshield. I've got 20% on my car with 35% on the windshield and you can't see in at all. Visibility is great at night and cuts down oncoming head light glare and I never wear sunglasses in my car anymore.
Can you post a photo of your car, so I can see how it is? I was planning to do 5% all around with 50% for the front windshield, but I might be over doing it.
Old 07-19-2014, 07:04 PM   #21
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

I think I have 15% on my quarter windows, back window and tint strip on my windshield and 30% on my front windows.. I don't think it looks un-uniform or anything. You can only really tell the difference when the sun hits the window the right way.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:02 AM   #22
HORShi
Zilvia Member

Tint redone

Just to revive thread, I had my window tint redone...

5% Rear 3 Windows
15% front 2 Windows.

I honestly think I should had went 5% all around except windshield (and will during the winter). But for the meantime this is alright. Visibility is also surprisingly good for the 5% on the rears. If your far away, you can't really make out anything, but if your close you can see through the tint. So for someone who wants a really dark appearance and privacy, this is a good combo.

But as I mentioned above, I think I may go 5% for the simple fact of looks, complete incognito feeling and just overall shocked at the good visibility from the inside.

Old 09-17-2014, 11:13 AM   #23
rastaman
Zilvia Addict

rastaman is an unknown quantity at this point
Went with suntech air blu 80% all windoes..dark tink do suck..I like to see thru my glass + it keeps the car cooler..
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 12:04 PM   #24
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
OT but our cars must be cousins or something. Looks good!
silviaks2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 12:40 PM   #25
ditchs14
Zilvia Junkie

ditchs14 is a well-known jackass
anyone ever tried doing this on there own? only window i see really being a pain in the ass to do would be the rear window.
ditchs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 12:48 PM   #26
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
20% all around but the windshield

Old 09-18-2014, 01:42 PM   #27
O$mo
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
O$mo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
^^Can you remind me of the name of that spoiler OBEE?
Old 09-18-2014, 02:09 PM   #28
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
That's GP sports. I love that spoiler.
Old 09-18-2014, 04:54 PM   #29
O$mo
Zilvia Member

O$mo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
That's GP sports. I love that spoiler.
I do too, I prefer it over the DMax one, its nice sublet alternative.

rules:

Bought the car like this when it was stockfish. I think its 3% its REALLY dark, only reason why I kept it is because I respected the quality. It's kind of hard to find good lasting tints in soflo.
Old 09-19-2014, 10:28 AM   #30
stevenrapids
Zilvia Junkie

stevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond repute

20% tint all around