Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 08-18-2010, 09:38 PM   #421
nieko
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
nieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
http://s161.photobucket.com/albums/t...5_03_14_30.mp4

Dont pay attention to the first run people... hahahah

but MIKE look at my one manji on the second run i didnt upshift though, all second.
nieko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2010, 02:32 AM   #422
recklessrob

Trader Rating: (0)
recklessrob is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nieko View Post
jimmy2010_06_15_03_14_30.mp4 video by dr1f7t - Photobucket

Dont pay attention to the first run people... hahahah

but MIKE look at my one manji on the second run i didnt upshift though, all second.
that was a thug one-manji.
recklessrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:56 AM   #423
Maiku240sxS14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (37)
Maiku240sxS14 will become famous soon enoughMaiku240sxS14 will become famous soon enoughMaiku240sxS14 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Quote:

Duuuuude, teach me!!
Maiku240sxS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:05 AM   #424
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
That's sick Nieko, I always wanted to do that.
Are you running a KA?
Old 08-19-2010, 10:13 AM   #425
Maiku240sxS14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (37)
Maiku240sxS14 will become famous soon enoughMaiku240sxS14 will become famous soon enoughMaiku240sxS14 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
^ IF that's the Tits comp event, he has an SR.
Maiku240sxS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:17 AM   #426
Brian
Post Whore!

Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
I cannot even imagine doing it like that with a KA, so if he did. WOW, my hat is off to you.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:18 AM   #427
roboticnissan
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
roboticnissan is making a name for him/her selfroboticnissan is making a name for him/her selfroboticnissan is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
Like any other racing, outside to inside and back outside. just take the apex.
SOHC, 15x8's about 4 years ago. welded diff, shocks and springs.

i feel that when i go to balcony events ppl dont pay attention to the lines and thats a huge reason why new guys cannot complete the entire traack. its not just a outside inside to outside line. some of the angles you decide to come in will help you to drift thru the track much easier while using all the power you have. like in your video, you hit the first clipping point which id say over half of the ppl dont hit. that imo is the most important clipp cuz it sets you up for the rest of the track.

hope this makes sense
Old 08-19-2010, 11:24 AM   #428
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Quote:
Originally Posted by roboticnissan View Post
i feel that when i go to balcony events ppl dont pay attention to the lines and thats a huge reason why new guys cannot complete the entire traack. its not just a outside inside to outside line. some of the angles you decide to come in will help you to drift thru the track much easier while using all the power you have. like in your video, you hit the first clipping point which id say over half of the ppl dont hit. that imo is the most important clipp cuz it sets you up for the rest of the track.

hope this makes sense
Im actually really off the initiation outside point, and the inside point, in that video
But I didnt fully trust the other driver i was following. (as you can see for good reason, he pulls out,lol)
i tighten the line up towards the end.

Its not just at Balconey.
I see it everywhere.
People forget its about line and control.
They think cause they can lay the most smoked out sweeping drift they are killing it.
To me, thats just one step ahead of a NOS show burnout contest.
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:26 AM   #429
Brian
Post Whore!

I think one of the coolest things at Balcony is trying to hit that first "clipping point" super close.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:31 AM   #430
roboticnissan
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
roboticnissan is making a name for him/her selfroboticnissan is making a name for him/her selfroboticnissan is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
my first event at balcony was in a sohc stock as can be suspension, i couldnt for the life of me hit the whole track until i found my intiation point for the inside. but yah brian the first inside clipp is sick as hell.

i just figured we should touch on drift lines as well as techniques. its as important as car set up if not more important
Old 08-19-2010, 11:38 AM   #431
Brian
Post Whore!

The way I would hit Balcony is to grip through the back corner and full throttle it until I hit third gear. About a second after I hit 3rd, I'd aim a little outside and do a big clutch kick and turn in and ride that until I hit the first clip. Then I'd bring it down to second and transfer the other direction and feather through the throttle until I went all the way around and back down the straight.

If I came in too shallow on the first clip, I'd extend it out with the hand brake and clear the cone.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:45 AM   #432
T chop
Zilvia Junkie

T chop will become famous soon enoughT chop will become famous soon enoughT chop will become famous soon enoughT chop will become famous soon enoughT chop will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiku240sxS14 View Post
Duuuuude, teach me!!
This ain't a negotiation.........
T chop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 01:04 PM   #433
240sxvaj
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (38)
240sxvaj is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
i wanna start my first pratice soon.......just gotta get some tires lol! and ofcourse a good teacher
240sxvaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:54 PM   #434
recklessrob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
That's sick Nieko, I always wanted to do that.
Are you running a KA?
he did it with a pretty much stock(open downpipe/header) single cam multiple times before he got his sr and 17's. ive done it with a pretty much stock(open downpipe/header) dual cam on 16's a couple times. its doable fo sho. both of our cars were relatively dialed-in suspension wise.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:15 PM   #435
Brian
Post Whore!

wow, impressive. I've never ever thought it was possible to do. Maybe I just never had the "extra" power since I only used 17s or 18s on the back.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:23 PM   #436
recklessrob

Quote:
wow, impressive. I've never ever thought it was possible to do. Maybe I just never had the "extra" power since I only used 17s or 18s on the back.
wheel diameter makes a huge difference, tire width and circumference does too. iirc nieko was running a 185 60 15 in the back, maybe a 195... not sure. i was running a 205 50 16.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:25 PM   #437
Brian
Post Whore!

interesting. Yall got video? I'd love to see it.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:37 PM   #438
recklessrob

Quote:
interesting. Yall got video? I'd love to see it.
i know i dont have any vids of myself, nieko may have one... idk. its pretty much the same thing as the one he already posted but with less angle and more ebrake lol. sometimes double or even triple ebraking lolz
Old 08-19-2010, 09:40 PM   #439
nieko
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
nieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
hahah video is floating around SOMEWHERE... id have to search.

and yea i was running 195/60/15.

Most people think you need to flooor it into the last clip to do that.

but even with the single cam i would make sure i hit the clip just right hold it a little longer, then full throttle, then another clutch kick hahaha

and then cluctch kick on each switchback, last part was a long ebrake slide for suuuure.

sr you dont need to ebrake as much
nieko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:43 PM   #440
recklessrob

oh and niekos sr is stock except for a lightweight flywheel, no clutch fan, and hks wastegate actuator set to like 10 psi or something low and i think he's on 235 40 17's in the back.

Last edited by recklessrob; 08-19-2010 at 09:46 PM.. Reason: forgot tire size :)
Old 08-20-2010, 07:29 AM   #441
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (19)
jspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeS14 View Post
I had no idea he got pinked..
He can still post being pinked, at least I could when I was pinked.lasted a month.
Thanks gabe for trying to smooth things out but he took it too far.

It wasnt just s**k my ****** it was the beginning where for 2 pages all he talked about was how he didnt like my thread. I actually do and have learned a lot. so all i did was say if you dont like my thread then dont post. thats when he got " offended "??? haha I think anyone would be pissed for commin up on your thread sayin its usless and didnt like it, then talk crap to half the people on there and then keep posting.

If you guys read the whole thing Im sure you will see why it got out of hand and I definitely didnt start it.

crazyrob got what he deserved.

Im having gymkahana practice at buttonwillow speedway on sat 25. if anyone would like to get a whole day in of practice PM me. Im renting the skid pad out which is pretty big. you can get some 3rd gear drifts in. 10 vehicles allowed, 60$ per person, and 25$ for other drivers. we set up many different obstacles so you wont be bored and take Ideas. Im bringing water, music, we have stands, and bathrooms for any one that wants to go to watch. great time for practing or beginners.

Im not a pro but have been drifting for 10 years so I can give some helpful pointers.

PM me if you would like to go, heres info on where buttonwillow raceway is located. Plans could change to willowsprings, I will posted.

661 sliders Gymkhana @ buttonwillow
http://zilvia.net/f/south-western-st...-sessions.html

>> Bakersfield Hook up thread <<
jspec240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:01 AM   #442
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspec240 View Post
crazyrob got what he deserved.
lol, right now i am laughing
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:19 AM   #443
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

jspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfection
why so funny??

It is what it is.... and Im over it.

I didnt get on for a day and didnt see what was going on so I had to post my last comment but its done.

Old 08-20-2010, 08:22 AM   #444
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboticnissan View Post
my first event at balcony was in a sohc stock as can be suspension, i couldnt for the life of me hit the whole track until i found my intiation point for the inside. but yah brian the first inside clipp is sick as hell.

i just figured we should touch on drift lines as well as techniques. its as important as car set up if not more important
I agree we've talked about it but need more.

Old 08-20-2010, 12:00 PM   #445
yokotavia
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
yokotavia will become famous soon enoughyokotavia will become famous soon enoughyokotavia will become famous soon enoughyokotavia will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via MSN to yokotavia
Quote:
as far as the ebrake technique. there is NO need to be pushing the brake pedal.
i disagree. footbraking with ebrake helps alot when you need to slow down and/or increase angle.

and left foot braking helps alot when you need to bring the rear of the car around while your still on the gas.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:35 PM   #446
recklessrob

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokotavia View Post
i disagree. footbraking with ebrake helps alot when you need to slow down and/or increase angle.

and left foot braking helps alot when you need to bring the rear of the car around while your still on the gas.
i think what nieko meant is that the rear wheels should lock up with the ebrake without using the front brakes to add rotation. there should be no NEED to use the front brakes to make the rears lock. good call: footbraking+ebraking=win for slowing down and/or increasing angle.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:36 PM   #447
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I guess it's a good thing that my ebrake was shit when I started. Made me learn using feint and power only. I kinda like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-20-2010, 03:50 PM   #448
yokotavia
Zilvia Addict

yokotavia will become famous soon enoughyokotavia will become famous soon enoughyokotavia will become famous soon enoughyokotavia will become famous soon enough
ebrake/left foot braking is defiantly needed for alot of shit. really needed for tandem too
Old 08-20-2010, 04:31 PM   #449
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
regarding mike's post....

and that is why you need to be IN the car when we drive. I'm sure if I set up a cone, and said....you need to be drifting by this cone...i'm sure you'll have no problem...but its a "faith" thing in your car...you just have to trust yourself....orrrr.....try and do a complete manji....from the key hole out, upshift to third with a clutchkick, and that'll be your initiation....look up forest wangs videos from balcony...that man does it all day long in his s13.4.

yeah BH....i saw nieko do it all day....one manji the back...i believe you have to enter it in a certain speed, cause for the life of me....i couldn't make it. lol. but then again...i've never tried doing it without trying to spin 18's...

But it is possible.
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 04:35 PM   #450
yokotavia
Zilvia Addict

are you talking to me? hope not...because your talking about speeding up and upshifting/clutch kicking and im talking about ebraking/slowing down