Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-12-2008, 06:03 PM   #1
KasperSlide
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
KasperSlide has made poor choicesKasperSlide has made poor choicesKasperSlide has made poor choicesKasperSlide has made poor choicesKasperSlide has made poor choicesKasperSlide has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s14 foglights (OEM how to!)

ok guys heres a write up on the s14 fog lights ive searched for this on here and found a few threads on what is needed and such sooooo.....

parts needed for OE install

switch assy

brackets

relay

part # sheet

ok start by locating the mounting holes (4 of them one is for a pin on the bracket)

then find the plug for the foglights.(it will be taped up behind the turn signal area)

use three ten mm bolts to mount the bracket

remove side cover on the foglight by pressing in the top tab ( to expose the hole on the foglight housing)

bolt the foglight to the bracket. it has room for adjustment

snap side cover back on and plug harness in.(repeat for other side)

find relay box in engine bay

plug in relay according to diagram on cover

remove steering column cover(six screws on the bottom half)
then remove two screws from light switch

find the black plug taped to the switch harness. and unplug the switch

plug in black plug and the other to plugs to the switch

screw switch and cover back on and.........

btw the jdm brackets dont work on usdm 240's

thanks for viewing hope ive been helpful

P.S. if ne one has the factory lip plz PM me

Last edited by KasperSlide; 06-12-2008 at 09:23 PM..
KasperSlide is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2008, 07:20 PM   #2
essforteen
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (50)
essforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
yeah good write up i was thinkin of using 92lexus fog lights really yellow and great visibility but not sure to do it oe syle of just wire it up o well great job btw.
essforteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 07:26 PM   #3
ki_JDM_ds
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (56)
ki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really nice
Feedback Score: 56 reviews
nice write up...

I like how the harness is already there.

Good Job
ki_JDM_ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 07:36 PM   #4
KasperSlide
Zilvia Member

KasperSlide has made poor choicesKasperSlide has made poor choicesKasperSlide has made poor choicesKasperSlide has made poor choicesKasperSlide has made poor choicesKasperSlide has made poor choices
yeah having everything wired up for SE models really help.
well its night time the NC so......
Old 06-12-2008, 08:11 PM   #5
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
There's actually three detailed writeups with pics already on here.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:23 PM   #6
shift_SRDETuser

shift_SRDETuser is an unknown quantity at this point
FMIC equals no fog lights no more. I liked my fogs they kinda gave the car a lexus look... sad
shift_SRDETuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:57 PM   #7
KasperSlide
Zilvia Member

projectRDM:next time ill make sure i run every thing by you b4 i post then how bout that......oh yeah i think you put your 2cents on all of them too. what would we do without you.

Thanks
Old 06-12-2008, 09:23 PM   #8
rb25crazy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (14)
rb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
awesome write up! i like it =D. hmmmm, i need to buy brackets =/ lame! and a relay =D how much did it cost you?
rb25crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:34 PM   #9
KasperSlide
Zilvia Member

thanks man

brackets were $30.60 a piece and the relay was $15.29. im sure you can get the relay for cheaper. i buy from nissan cuz i used to work there so i still get a lil bit of a discount. i think list price on the brackets were around $40 sooooo.......
Old 06-12-2008, 09:41 PM   #10
0wn3r
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by shift_SRDETuser View Post
FMIC equals no fog lights no more. I liked my fogs they kinda gave the car a lexus look... sad
there was a guy on here with an fmic w/ fog lights. i asked him how he did and he said he gets alot of questions about it...he basically said "i just kept cutting until they fit"...doesn't help much, but i guess it can be done.

mine had to come out and are for sale tho

Last edited by 0wn3r; 06-13-2008 at 08:05 AM..
0wn3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:47 PM   #11
projectRDM
Post Whore!

projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0wn3r View Post
there was a guy on here with an fmic w/ fog lights. i asked him how he did and he said he gets alot of questions about it...he basically said "i just kept cutting until they fit"...doesn't help much, but i guess it can't be done.

I kept my fogs too. Custom endtanks, 90 degree elbows, heavily cut into the forward part of the frame rails. It's not easy to keep them but mine are fitted with clear projectors and HIDs, I wasn't going to lose them.

As for this: next time ill make sure i run every thing by you b4 i post then how bout that......oh yeah i think you put your 2cents on all of them too. what would we do without you.

Don't get all butthurt skippy. If we had nothing but the same shit on here every day someone would get tired of it. Oh wait, we do.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
Old 06-12-2008, 10:12 PM   #12
KasperSlide
Zilvia Member

^^^^yea thanks again. As you can see I've been on here for 4 yrs and currently have 92 posts. Sooooo, I think I know how to use the fancy search button. Not quite the post whore like some people. If I didn't think people could use it(and as you can see they do appreciate the write up) then I wouldn't post it.
Thanks
Old 06-12-2008, 11:00 PM   #13
rb25crazy
Zilvia FREAK!

rb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of light
hmmm, u know i got kouki fog lights
they look like that it already has some brackets, but when i looked under my car today i saw the bolts you were talking about. but, none of the brackets i had worked. and i bought these from another guy with a s14 kouki like me too =(. so, i probably need another bracket or something huh?

thanks for your help =D
Old 06-12-2008, 11:28 PM   #14
KasperSlide
Zilvia Member

yea those are kouki foglights with brackets which would not fit a zenki front. this is a write up for a 95-96 zenki. I dont quite understand what you're saying. what year is your car? if you have a 95-96 with the the kouki front end then you will have to make your own brackets.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:34 PM   #15
rb25crazy
Zilvia FREAK!

oh, i got a 97 kouki as well. but i saw that you needed bracket for yours. so i was wondering if i need a bracket on top like yours. cuz i looked around and there are no holes for the brackets i currently have to bolt into.

so, that's where i derived my conclusion that i may need an additional bracket also. or maybe i'm just not looking hard enough.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:52 PM   #16
KasperSlide
Zilvia Member

When I've seen the kouki foglights sold w/ brackets they come like the pic shown. So I would assume you have the right brackets. Maybe your foglights fasten to the actual bumper. Is that a possibility????
Old 06-13-2008, 01:33 AM   #17
rb25crazy
Zilvia FREAK!

haha ,i'll have to double check tommorow i did look but didn't see anyting. i guess i gotta drill a hole into it =D

thanks
Old 06-13-2008, 07:19 AM   #18
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb25crazy View Post
haha ,i'll have to double check tommorow i did look but didn't see anyting. i guess i gotta drill a hole into it =D

thanks
The Kouki foglights bolt to the bumper cover, not the reinforcement. Put them in from behind where they belong and you'll see where they line up.

Old 06-13-2008, 07:28 AM   #19
redpotatoes
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
redpotatoes is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0wn3r View Post
there was a guy on here with an fmic w/ fog lights. i asked him how he did and he said he gets alot of questions about it...he basically said "i just kept cutting until they fit"...doesn't help much, but i guess it can't be done.

I have a FMIC and still have my OEM fogs on my zenki. I kept my bumper reinforcement. No cutting was done what so ever.
redpotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 08:07 AM   #20
0wn3r
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
oops, i meant "guess it CAN be done"...haha, fixed.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:18 AM   #21
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
yeah I had to learn the hard way that the Japanese brackets don't fit the US cars.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:55 AM   #22
KasperSlide
Zilvia Member

^^^ yea there was now way that they would work......although Im sure some crazy A$$ has made it work
\/\/\/\/ ok RDM have the last words

Last edited by KasperSlide; 06-13-2008 at 07:52 PM..
Old 06-13-2008, 02:06 PM   #23
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasperSlide View Post
^^^ yea there was now way that they would work......although Im sure some crazy A$$ has made it work
They work fine with the JDM bumper reinforcement.

Old 03-02-2010, 12:13 PM   #24
Uh247KiCkYnG

Uh247KiCkYnG is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a 96 nissan 240sx with a 97-98 JDM front end conversion. So I understand that the fog lights line up behind the front cover of the bumper. I'm guessing i will need a relay as well but no brackets as the JDM fogs come prebracketed?
Old 03-02-2010, 12:35 PM   #25
stinky_180
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
stinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to stinky_180
nice write up, i personally like having the fog light mounted without the inside cover.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:48 PM   #26
S14Serge
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
S14Serge is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Haha i just actually winged it and installed mine this morning!!! Wish i would of seen this earlier would of made it a bit easier lol.... Any who sick right up!
Old 02-14-2012, 12:58 PM   #27
jesse_s13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
jesse_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Hate to bump an old thread. Are base models suppose to come with a relay and oem wiring?
Old 02-14-2012, 01:08 PM   #28
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
wiring, yes. relay, no
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:16 PM   #29
jesse_s13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
jesse_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I got the relay in there. Kinda odd.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:24 PM   #30
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
that is kinda odd, the base models will have the harness for the fogs and the fog light stalk in the steering column..sometimes it's a little difficult to find when they are and tucked away from the factory.

for anyone doing the fogs on a base model kouki, you will need 2 relays: one (black i think?) in the fuse box under the hood and one blue one near the fusebox in the driver's side kick panel.

**and I have fogs with a FMIC, it's really close but it will fit
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote