Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-29-2012, 07:12 AM   #1
laurentj23
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
laurentj23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
My car has been vandalized

So i came home 2 days ago from my 24hr shift and found this.

I called the cops. They didnt even show up and just ask the details on the phone . Ihave to pick up the reports on wed.
Note: there a few worn up tears on my top prior and i called the insurance.

They said i have to add extra money from my deducatable if they have to replace the whole top due to my top has small tears prior to the incident.

Anyone has any good recommendation for a good body shop that can work with me and insurance? Any advise.

I found the latch that hold the top was unlocked and the top was flopping over due to the wind. I tried to retract the top but it wont go all the way down.

Wtf! Hate apartmant living.Attachment 45619

[ATTACH]45620[/ATTACH

Attachment 45621

Attachment 45622

'Born Ready!',LJ

Last edited by laurentj23; 07-16-2013 at 07:00 PM..
laurentj23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2012, 10:45 AM   #2
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
This should be in regional.

Call up Nissan and see if they have any suggestions.

On a different note, on my verts I never lock the doors; just take out all the valuables.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:12 PM   #3
nurvcom
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
nurvcom is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to nurvcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
This should be in regional.

Call up Nissan and see if they have any suggestions.

On a different note, on my verts I never lock the doors; just take out all the valuables.

same here my vert i always leave unlocked only thing i do is Brake lock and QR Wheel and i live in apt in CALI
Old 10-29-2012, 07:25 PM   #4
laurentj23
Zilvia Junkie

Why would you leave the door unlock?

'Born Ready!',LJ
Old 10-29-2012, 07:28 PM   #5
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
Nissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
So they don't rip the top up, verts are pretty easy to get into either way. If the thief wants to try and get in they will.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:29 PM   #6
StryfeS13
It's Always Broken.

Trader Rating: (14)
StryfeS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurentj23 View Post
Why would you leave the door unlock?
I've never had a vert but I'm thinking because if your doors are unlocked and a thief tries to break in, he'll go through your doors rather than stab your roof out.
StryfeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:40 PM   #7
BoostSlideWayz
Nissanaholic!

BoostSlideWayz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to BoostSlideWayz Send a message via Yahoo to BoostSlideWayz
Yeah its sort of a hit and miss, In some way a thief may just open the doors if they arent locked and take what he wants from the car. However.. if you do lock your doors it will be alot more obvious in public that hes trying to break into the car.

But then again with no locked doors it can be very easy for the thief to take or ever steal the car.

From what ive learned over the years.. the first thing car robbers look for when stealing cars or things out of cars.. is unlocked doors. Literally they will just walk in lots just pulling handles until there is that one car with no locks doors.

Thats mainly why i have mixed feelings about that concept. Regardless if you have your car robbed or stolen from you... its a loss regardless if there was damage done to the car or not. if the guy doesnt do damage to the outside of your car.. hes gonna do damage to the inside trying to steal your stereo or some shit like that..
Old 10-29-2012, 10:56 PM   #8
Bambi
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
Bambi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

+ never leaving valuables in the car + door unlocked (+ kill switch and/or any other form of anti-theft you would shell out cash for) = all the wannabe thieve could do is sit in your vert and look pretty. Nothing gets stolen out of the car, it can't be driven away and your top doesn't get destroyed (unless the dude just hates life and says fuck you and cuts it up for no reason).
Originally Posted by Frank_Jaeger View Post
It's impossible because I tried once. Took out 4 telephone polls and a girl scout concession stand. All the thin mints and samoas couldn't even be salvaged.
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:14 PM   #9
BoostSlideWayz
Nissanaholic!

BoostSlideWayz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to BoostSlideWayz Send a message via Yahoo to BoostSlideWayz
^ untill he says, ohh i want those speakers.. that stereo deck... etc etc.... there was a buddy of mine with his MKIV supra.... the thief didnt get his stereo out but because he was having a hard time.. he destroyed the interior because of it...

All because they had a hard time getting the deck out.... if you ask me.. your car will get fucked up if they want something bad enough.. cant take your speakers and stereo with you every single time you leave the car....
Old 11-02-2012, 12:04 PM   #10
Mofuhcka
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
Mofuhcka is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Back in the day, my uncle told me someone kept trying to break into his 510 and eventually got his stereo. So when he got a new one, he glued razor blades all over it and installed it. A month later her wakes up and gets ready to run some errands, goes outside and there is blood everywhere, and the stereo just sitting there. He never got fucked with again.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:11 PM   #11
NoPistons!
Zilvia Junkie

NoPistons! is an unknown quantity at this point
That's just terrible. =(

My last car i left my doors unlocked, had a gutted interior, no stereo or speakers. Trash everywhere. Never once did anyone remove anything from it or attempt to break into it.

You can't have nice things these days because hard up fuckers who either can't work or dont want to work will steal your shit and haters will break your shit so not even you can enjoy it. Piss poor excuses for human beings. Hopefully insurance works something out for you. This makes me glad i didn't get a drop top. I was teetering on the edge of getting one a year ago. After seeing this i'll have to pass.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:17 PM   #12
Bambi
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofuhcka View Post
Back in the day, my uncle told me someone kept trying to break into his 510 and eventually got his stereo. So when he got a new one, he glued razor blades all over it and installed it. A month later her wakes up and gets ready to run some errands, goes outside and there is blood everywhere, and the stereo just sitting there. He never got fucked with again.
Ahahaha so awesome! I owe your uncle a beer.
It's impossible because I tried once. Took out 4 telephone polls and a girl scout concession stand. All the thin mints and samoas couldn't even be salvaged.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:02 PM   #13
PowerDrifter
Zilvia Junkie

PowerDrifter is an unknown quantity at this point
again alarm with proximity sensor should solve your problems
PowerDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:19 AM   #14
laurentj23
Zilvia Junkie

Well update:
Took the car to a ford dealership since they're in the insurance grp network. Went there, the staffs were rude. Manager is a deuche and show disrespect. I called my insurance and complaint abt them.

The adjuster came by the next day and give me a call. They asked me the top gonna cost arnd 1900 and whethernim gonna let the dealership do it. I said hell naw,i told them im gonna use that and get a hardtop instead.

Picked up the car. The manager doesn"'t wanna even looked at me. Saw that they have tear the canvas clothes that i used to cover it temporarily. They didnt fix it back.

Got the check yeaterday and will call to order for hardtop.

'Born Ready!',LJ
Old 11-05-2012, 06:21 AM   #15
laurentj23
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoPistons! View Post
That's just terrible. =(

My last car i left my doors unlocked, had a gutted interior, no stereo or speakers. Trash everywhere. Never once did anyone remove anything from it or attempt to break into it.

You can't have nice things these days because hard up fuckers who either can't work or dont want to work will steal your shit and haters will break your shit so not even you can enjoy it. Piss poor excuses for human beings. Hopefully insurance works something out for you. This makes me glad i didn't get a drop top. I was teetering on the edge of getting one a year ago. After seeing this i'll have to pass.
Dont ever ever get a convertible. It's a lot more mantainence and crap to deal with. Get a coupe. And you are set and done.

'Born Ready!',LJ
Old 11-05-2012, 08:19 AM   #16
bc.
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofuhcka View Post
For some reason, and I don't know why, this just makes me want to
Old 11-05-2012, 09:28 AM   #17
1up_Andy
Leaky Injector

1up_Andy is an unknown quantity at this point
super wack dude, wish these people would just get a fucking job.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:16 AM   #18
240drifter1
Zilvia FREAK!

240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to 240drifter1
Hard top?

Huh...
240drifter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:15 AM   #19
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Well update:
Took the car to a ford dealership since they're in the insurance grp network. Went there, the staffs were rude. Manager is a deuche and show disrespect. I called my insurance and complaint abt them.

The adjuster came by the next day and give me a call. They asked me the top gonna cost arnd 1900 and whethernim gonna let the dealership do it. I said hell naw,i told them im gonna use that and get a hardtop instead.

Picked up the car. The manager doesn"'t wanna even looked at me. Saw that they have tear the canvas clothes that i used to cover it temporarily. They didnt fix it back.

Got the check yeaterday and will call to order for hardtop.
Holy grammar!
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:19 AM   #20
laurentj23
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Holy grammar!
Whatever fuq u!

'Born Ready!',LJ
Old 11-06-2012, 11:01 AM   #21
vehicle336
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
vehicle336 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Whatever fuq u!
No it's FUCK YOU. As in, fuck you and your shitty grammar. I hope your car gets broken into again and someone just spray bombs it with the words "learn to write you ignorant fucking moron" on the dash.

Good luck, can't say I blame the manager for not wanting to deal with what I can only ascertain from your terrible writing is a gap-toothed illiterate mouth breather that probably smells like shit and sweats vinegar.
vehicle336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:16 AM   #22
wafflez66
240 Dismantler

Trader Rating: (7)
wafflez66 has a reputation beyond reputewafflez66 has a reputation beyond reputewafflez66 has a reputation beyond reputewafflez66 has a reputation beyond reputewafflez66 has a reputation beyond reputewafflez66 has a reputation beyond reputewafflez66 has a reputation beyond reputewafflez66 has a reputation beyond reputewafflez66 has a reputation beyond reputewafflez66 has a reputation beyond reputewafflez66 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by vehicle336 View Post
No it's FUCK YOU. As in, fuck you and your shitty grammar. I hope your car gets broken into again and someone just spray bombs it with the words "learn to write you ignorant fucking moron" on the dash.

Good luck, can't say I blame the manager for not wanting to deal with what I can only ascertain from your terrible writing is a gap-toothed illiterate mouth breather that probably smells like shit and sweats vinegar.
I enjoyed this.
wafflez66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:26 AM   #23
tapdeznutz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (50)
tapdeznutz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by vehicle336 View Post

That's fawked up but I can't stop laughing.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:07 PM   #24
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Maybe an English teacher slashed your car.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:24 PM   #25
Infamax
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
Infamax will become famous soon enoughInfamax will become famous soon enoughInfamax will become famous soon enoughInfamax will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Maybe an English teacher slashed your car.
Lol, I cried.
Infamax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:24 PM   #26
Mofuhcka
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
Mofuhcka is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc. View Post
For some reason, and I don't know why, this just makes me want to
Old 11-07-2012, 01:10 PM   #27
240Cali
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (4)
240Cali is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
Ahahaha so awesome! I owe your uncle a beer.
but you're not even old enough lol
Old 11-07-2012, 01:35 PM   #28
Bambi
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240Cali View Post
but you're not even old enough lol
His uncle can wait a few years. Lol