Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 06:22 PM   #61
StaticX27
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
StaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Will the clusters be customizable at all? Like say for example it has space for a spedo, tach, gas level, and 3 52mm slots (or something like that?

Like people said earlier, for $500 you could put together your own cluster, or get damn near putting one together with defi gauges. But if there is a little customizability with em (or at least SR sensative monitoring stuff such as oil temp / boost), I'd be all over that.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2008, 06:35 PM   #62
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
no...the clusters are an OEM replacement...gas level, water temp, speedo and tach...your normal gauge cluster setup

the price is NOT deffinate though...it was a rough estimate...buddy club has told it may be cheaper depending on the cluster

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
Old 03-27-2008, 06:36 PM   #63
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterSntra91 View Post
Can the clusters be made for the s chassis and universal for any motor? It would solve alot of tach/speedo issues with swaps......
im pretty sure they would be set up for twin cam motors given that makes up the majority of the S chassis community

Old 03-27-2008, 06:37 PM   #64
yokotas13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
do htey make a skyline cluster?
Old 03-27-2008, 06:40 PM   #65
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokotas13 View Post
do htey make a skyline cluster?
no idea...something that youd have to approach buddy club of japan about...the EK cluster is still in its "testing" phase

basically...again...im just trying to get input from people to see if this product would be worth while for them to possibly bring out...ill check with buddy club and see what a MINIMUM order would need to be for the cluster to be made into a reality (if possible)

Old 03-27-2008, 06:42 PM   #66
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

and btw...if i did the group buy for either the wheels or the cluster...i would make ZERO profit from it...period...my only goal for the GB would be to get some neat parts out to the S chassis crowd

Old 03-27-2008, 06:52 PM   #67
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by yokotas13 View Post
If the cluster had oiltemp/press/and water temp digital readouts id buy one

like it sits now? No
Doubt it looking at the picture. I dont see Buddy Club over engineering something like this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
well...the buddy club cluster would be for people who

A) dont have a grand for a stack setup (or 2 grand for a defi cluster)
B) dont have the wiring or technical knowledge for a stack or defi cluster
c) want something that looks a little nicer than stock (especially in a cluster that was "high tech" in 1988)

i personally would buy one just to have something that looks ALOT nicer than what the current S chassis cluster looks like

the cluster would be meant for all S chassis motors...so no real need for a boost gauge or oil gauge etc...it would be a much needed, overhauled OEM replacement

some people like to have "fun" with building their cars too yah know
Why would there be no real need for a boost gauge or an oil gauge when this cluster is just a drop in replacement? I dont see this cluster adding anything else more than some LED bulbs in the back, making it look pretty and adding some digital readouts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by adictd2b00st View Post
so your assuming that people don't have gauges already and just want to update the look from the stock cluster? and yes stacks are nice, but if this is a direct drop in thats a good selling point for alot of people, not to mention it would have stock fitment.

*edit* dorkdori hit the nail on the head
Again, read what I said "I've noticed", this is my personal observation. You may be one of the select few who fall in the other side of the spectrum. The side of zilvia who do have gauges and have nothing else to really spend their money on so something like this is higher up on their priority list...

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
Old 03-27-2008, 06:58 PM   #68
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
no idea...something that youd have to approach buddy club of japan about...the EK cluster is still in its "testing" phase

basically...again...im just trying to get input from people to see if this product would be worth while for them to possibly bring out...ill check with buddy club and see what a MINIMUM order would need to be for the cluster to be made into a reality (if possible)

So what im getting at now is that your "hoping" they would make a cluster for the S-chassis. Holding your breath that a GB will convince them to actually do the R&D to make this part a reality since they dont make them for the S-chassis?

Shit, if thats the case, dont hold your breath on that one for sure. Its hard enough to find people with money to throw away on something like this. Finding somebody to fork over money on a "wish" and not see a part for it for a loooooooong time is stretching it...

By a show of hands, how many people wanna hand over $500 on a part that they may or may not make and if they do, you wont see it for atleast 6 months?

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
Old 03-27-2008, 07:03 PM   #69
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
So what im getting at now is that your "hoping" they would make a cluster for the S-chassis. Holding your breath that a GB will convince them to actually do the R&D to make this part a reality since they dont make them for the S-chassis?

Shit, if thats the case, dont hold your breath on that one for sure. Its hard enough to find people with money to throw away on something like this. Finding somebody to fork over money on a "wish" and not see a part for it for a loooooooong time is stretching it...

By a show of hands, how many people wanna hand over $500 on a part that they may or may not make and if they do, you wont see it for atleast 6 months?

actually...from what ive been told...they could have one ready in a pretty decent amount of time...the R&D has already been done

Old 03-27-2008, 07:04 PM   #70
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
raises hand

Old 03-27-2008, 07:06 PM   #71
BoostinGST
Zilvia Addict

BoostinGST has a brilliant futureBoostinGST has a brilliant futureBoostinGST has a brilliant futureBoostinGST has a brilliant futureBoostinGST has a brilliant futureBoostinGST has a brilliant futureBoostinGST has a brilliant futureBoostinGST has a brilliant futureBoostinGST has a brilliant futureBoostinGST has a brilliant futureBoostinGST has a brilliant future
if the cluster had more accurate sensors i would buy one for that price as well, but for a little more you could get a better one.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:12 PM   #72
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
That cluster kicks ass! I like the rims, too!
Old 03-27-2008, 07:15 PM   #73
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostinGST View Post
if the cluster had more accurate sensors i would buy one for that price as well, but for a little more you could get a better one.
i think whats getting missed here is it would be a direct OEM drop in...just unscrew your old ones...take em out...drop these in...bam they work

with stack and defi clusters...there is a HUGE amount of wiring involved that most people dont want to deal with...most people would buy the cluster (1000-2000 bux easy)...THEN...they would pay a shop to install it (IF you could find a shop...at least another 300-600 dollars)

with a stack or defi setup...out the door running...youre looking at about 2000-3000 easy if you dont install it yourself

the buddy club cluster would be plug and play...the needles themselves would be updated with digital stepping motors (like the ones found in defi and stri gauges)...everything would be lit with LEDs (no more annoying halogen style bulbs)...and it would MATCH a ton of aftermarket gauges (since the black face, white letters and red needle is the most common style gauge out there)

Old 03-27-2008, 07:19 PM   #74
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
Any word on the HUD clusters?
Old 03-27-2008, 07:19 PM   #75
yokotas13
Post Whore!

yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
yeah, but if you go this way

your looking at
this cluster-500
defi gauges-(figure 200 a piece, but most likely 250+)
oil temp
oil pressure
water temp
fuel pressure
tacho
defi link
is like 1400
+500 for this thing
is almost 2000 bucks

buy a defi cluster people
Old 03-27-2008, 07:23 PM   #76
johngriff
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
johngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to johngriff
Cluster = too expensive

Cams = Can't make any new profile that will knock anyone's socks off

Wheels = Who cares.

Honestly, all this stuff is better grey market, just because the VOLUME for any of this WILL NOT BE THERE.

If you are going to introduce anything new parts into this market, they have to be:

Unique
Cheap

Buddy Club did this quite well with the spec II, but they are right to think that they will not be gaining any traction with this stuff. If you really want any of this, just get it from Sam @ Jspec.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:39 PM   #77
kandyflip445
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
kandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kandyflip445
I'd buy a cluster like that, only if everything stock worked. Especially the dimmer. lol

Around 400 would be doable.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:52 PM   #78
McRussellPants
Nissanaholic!

McRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond repute
Looked at it again.

Cluster won't sell ever.

Obviously its competition to the Defi Sports Cluster, but the buddy club one is.

Tacky.
Obviously not Performance Minded
Offset Tach? who looks at speed racing ever? Tach is way more important.
5 Bar LED for Fuel/Engine Temp? Fuck no, Fuel doesn't matter but Engine temp is way too important to undercut like that.
No Warning
No more functions over OEM.
its totally worthless.
I could build that cluster for 10$ in ebay parts and it would look better.

Build a Cluster with

Tach/Boost/Oil Pressure/Oil Temp/Engine Temp.

Put a Master Warning on it.

done.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:59 PM   #79
yokotas13
Post Whore!

bingo
you should make this shit bro
Old 03-27-2008, 08:33 PM   #80
chuy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
chuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRussellPants View Post
Looked at it again.

Cluster won't sell ever.

Obviously its competition to the Defi Sports Cluster, but the buddy club one is.

Tacky.
Obviously not Performance Minded
Offset Tach? who looks at speed racing ever? Tach is way more important.
5 Bar LED for Fuel/Engine Temp? Fuck no, Fuel doesn't matter but Engine temp is way too important to undercut like that.
No Warning
No more functions over OEM.
its totally worthless.
I could build that cluster for 10$ in ebay parts and it would look better.

Build a Cluster with

Tach/Boost/Oil Pressure/Oil Temp/Engine Temp.

Put a Master Warning on it.

done.
+1 on the cluster I do like the way the wheels weight
Old 03-27-2008, 08:46 PM   #81
BobbyDigi
Zilvia Member

BobbyDigi is just really niceBobbyDigi is just really niceBobbyDigi is just really niceBobbyDigi is just really niceBobbyDigi is just really niceBobbyDigi is just really niceBobbyDigi is just really niceBobbyDigi is just really niceBobbyDigi is just really niceBobbyDigi is just really nice
Quote:
you just "owned" me...but my direct contact at buddy club relayed me
would it be fair to say that you have a club of buddies at buddy club?

i had to....
Old 03-27-2008, 09:14 PM   #82
HunsakerS14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
HunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
dude I swear that cluster I expect to see in a Honda, no doubt, if I were to see it in a S chassis.. i would be very disappointed. Its ugly, has no extra funcion besides looks and by what McRussellPants said actually takes away from what you need to know. all in all very gay ass fuckin cluster, do what the smart people are saying and get some nice Defi gauges. Would "look" better to!
Old 03-27-2008, 09:37 PM   #83
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

im amazed at the amount of sheer negativity coming from people

instead of looking at the fact it does nothing special over stock...look at the upside that someone is at least ATTEMPTING to bring you guys a fresh idea to dress your interiors up a bit...or rather UPDATE your stock cluster with something that not only LOOKS better...but FUNCTIONS better

or just keep looking at the negative side of things and nothing will ever get accomplished

Old 03-27-2008, 10:06 PM   #84
adictd2b00st
Zilvia Addict

adictd2b00st is a splendid one to beholdadictd2b00st is a splendid one to beholdadictd2b00st is a splendid one to beholdadictd2b00st is a splendid one to beholdadictd2b00st is a splendid one to beholdadictd2b00st is a splendid one to beholdadictd2b00st is a splendid one to beholdadictd2b00st is a splendid one to beholdadictd2b00st is a splendid one to beholdadictd2b00st is a splendid one to beholdadictd2b00st is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to adictd2b00st
Quote:
im amazed at the amount of sheer negativity coming from people

instead of looking at the fact it doesnt nothing special over stock...look at the upside that someone is at least ATTEMPTING to bring you guys a fresh idea to dress your interiors up a bit...or rather UPDATE your stock cluster with something that not only LOOKS better...but FUNCTIONS beter

or just keep looking at the negative side of things and nothing will ever get accomplished
because this forum is full of people who are brainwashed into what mods they should do to their cars, instead of having minds of their own. remember, if the zilvia experts say it isn't cool, then all the minions will follow its quite sad really...... i appreciate you trying to get this accomplished tho, and i'm sure if you did get it into production that enough people would be interested in it to make it justifiable
Old 03-27-2008, 10:28 PM   #85
ROIDMONKEY
Nissanaholic!

ROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfection
Quote:
In simple layman's terms: ZILVIANS ARE CHEAP/BROKE ASS BASTARDS!!!

Fuck the gauge cluster crap, the only thing I see them having a chance of selling in the states are the rims. And that will all depend on how much they go for.

I just dont see gauge clusters that replaces the stockies, high up in people's parts list/priorities. Hell a good 75% of people in here cant afford decent electronic gauges...

Cams, doubt it, BC would pretty much put anything out of the that market for their pricing...
funny that people keep saying ZILVIANS are broke ass people when tons of guys here runs $2500+ set of wheels and $1000+ turbos. stop saying that , im just saying this cause im not blind just look around , check the wheel sale section lots of $2000+ set of wheels for sale , and they broke!!!

TRUE thing: True ////OFFSET\\\\ is acheived without spacers
Running on E85 570whp Precision 5862....laggy as fuck. hate it
Old 03-27-2008, 10:39 PM   #86
babowc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
babowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
^Correction.
MAJORITY 240sx owners are broke..

There's a handful that may be "ballin'", but in the general concensus.. not so much.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:49 PM   #87
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Not necessarily broke, I just don't want to spend that much on wheels.

Anyways, on topic. Is there a clear shot of what the cluster might look like? Color options for gauges and needles? Possible addition of a water temp. or oil pressure gauge? Both?

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
Old 03-27-2008, 10:54 PM   #88
Ragnarok043
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Ragnarok043 is making a name for him/her selfRagnarok043 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
the cluster is a bit pricey but i think people would still buy it, you gotta remember there are people already paying $200-$300 for a used jdm digital climate control. $400-$500 should just be within their budget. personally i wouldnt mind paying a little extra for something brand new.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:01 PM   #89
blitzkrgCT9A
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
blitzkrgCT9A has a reputation beyond reputeblitzkrgCT9A has a reputation beyond reputeblitzkrgCT9A has a reputation beyond reputeblitzkrgCT9A has a reputation beyond reputeblitzkrgCT9A has a reputation beyond reputeblitzkrgCT9A has a reputation beyond reputeblitzkrgCT9A has a reputation beyond reputeblitzkrgCT9A has a reputation beyond reputeblitzkrgCT9A has a reputation beyond reputeblitzkrgCT9A has a reputation beyond reputeblitzkrgCT9A has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
actually...from what ive been told...they could have one ready in a pretty decent amount of time...the R&D has already been done
if the R&D has already been done, lets see a pic of sample product of actual cluster for the SR.. that would be more persuasive and convincing.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:55 PM   #90
240sxdrifterS14
Leaky Injector

240sxdrifterS14 is not welcome here anymore240sxdrifterS14 is not welcome here anymore240sxdrifterS14 is not welcome here anymore240sxdrifterS14 is not welcome here anymore240sxdrifterS14 is not welcome here anymore240sxdrifterS14 is not welcome here anymore240sxdrifterS14 is not welcome here anymore240sxdrifterS14 is not welcome here anymore240sxdrifterS14 is not welcome here anymore240sxdrifterS14 is not welcome here anymore240sxdrifterS14 is not welcome here anymore
I would most definately take a cluster